hunter306

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hunter306

I'm just going to add, that this will be a great trio. All the Mumm Napa bottles I've ordered from woot! and here locally have been excellent.

The Cuvee' M is a really great bottle considering its price. I'm pretty excited about the bottle of Red, as I haven't found that locally to try.

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
bhodilee wrote:Regrettably gone, I've been keeping up appearances since the marriage. Plus I paid six bucks to have the beard lined and I'm way too cheap to not keep it up now. I mean it was SIX BUCKS, that's like two euro cents.

His Rants? Damn its time we started to Rant the way society is going.

meredithsg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meredithsg
coynedj wrote:You know you're a wootaholic when:

You're not going to order, but still compulsively check the boards to see where the discussion is going.

Yup. Me. Guilty.

I read the boards almost everyday, even when I know we aren't going to buy that week.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

I got a phone call from FedEx dispatch to verify the address for my wootlegger. Woot-Hoo!!! LaBrattage in Central VA tonight!

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
bhodilee wrote:Regrettably gone, I've been keeping up appearances since the marriage. Plus I paid six bucks to have the beard lined and I'm way too cheap to not keep it up now. I mean it was SIX BUCKS, that's like two euro cents.

Geesh! How often did you get it lined? Just think ow many more w.w offers you could have been in on had you just let it grow wild.

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
jwhite6114 wrote:Geesh! How often did you get it lined? Just think ow many more w.w offers you could have been in on had you just let it grow wild.

First time in probably, um, ever. Though to be fair the six bucks did include a haircut. I told you the cost of living here was cheap ;)

And just to keep this slightly topical. One of the bridesmaids was telling me she loves "sparkling" wine, but she just likes the cheap stuff. I just laughed and said well I'm not serving carp at my wedding. At the reception she drank an entire bottle of the Brut, not in this offer, and told me she'd never be able to drink cheap "sparkling" again. Mumm knows their way around the effervescence and you should be in for this.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

jwhite6114

cjsiege wrote:I got a phone call from FedEx dispatch to verify the address for my wootlegger. Woot-Hoo!!! LaBrattage in Central VA tonight!

Awesome! I guess that means I have to send WD those pics of you and Cuvee M. The only question is do I include the pics of you, the Cuvee, the llama, and all those marshmallows; or save those for blackmail as originally planned?

CT | | | | | |

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

Today marks the culmination of all prior days of my existence. This moment in time predicated on all moments that came before it. It took a lifetime of achievement, of reaching, striving, yearning to get to the point that I am right here, right now.
The decisions I made when I was young. Whether or not to take that fork in the road 2 decades ago. The decision, when thrust upon me, to choose Coke or Pepsi. All those came before. All those led up to this. The moment when - after carefully surveying and cataloguing everything that has occured in my life up to this point -aa sense of clarity...a singularity, if you will, has been reached.

It is with great pride and sense of fulfillment that I announce, after 12,400 days (and counting, hopefully) of mere existence, that I was selected...nay, CHOSEN, by none other than WineDavid himself…to be...a LABRAT!

Before me sits the FedEx that has for many Woots eluded me. There it is, in all it's glorius brown packaging, waiting for me to get home, quaf, and report. And..it is red...a sparking variety I have nary tasted.

I would like to thank all those who made this possible, but I won't.

In fact, I won't thank anyone. With my newfound sense of fortune, entitlement, and general feelings of being-better-than-you-edness, I thank no one. In fact, everything is now clear to me. I shall quit my job today so I can take home my precious cargo and drink sooner. I shall spit on those who ever doubted me, and forsake those who stood by my side. I shall become an island of one. I need not these people....these ants...who infested my life prior to today. They are no nothing to me...they are beneath me.

I fear that I can longer associate with those who do not know what it is like to be selected a Labrat. How could they know? How could they understand? They cannot. Only a select few (and you know who you are) understand the power that we wield...the importance of our mission. I pity those of you who no not this feeling. Pity, and disdain...for you are now beneath me.

SO I shall go forth in this world. I shall drink the red wine of courage that has arrived. And tonight, I shall report. I shall post a report that has nath been posted previous. (And don't think that nath isn't a word...as a labrat, I now use my own language...one that I do not expect mere mortals to understand.) It will be wonderful. It will be great. It will be labrat.

I will try to write on an elementary level. Because I understand that once, I was like you. Though as each moment passes I find that my memories of that lower existence fade exponentially.

In conclusion...do not hate me because I am beautiful. Hate me because beauty is me. One day you, too, may feel what I am feeling. And on that day I will welcome you with open arms and call you "brother." (or Braddah, if you are from Hawaii). Until that day, all I ask is that you bask in my crapulence. That you wallow in my feculence. For having read this post, you are one step closer to the greatness that I, on this day, hath achieved.

cjsiege

jwhite6114 wrote:Awesome! I guess that means I have to send WD those pics of you and Cuvee M. The only question is do I include the pics of you, the Cuvee, the llama, and all those marshmallows; or save those for blackmail as originally planned?

Ummm... You may want to save the llamas & marshmallows pic for a truly special blackmail occasion. This one isn't THAT level of special.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
BoredStiff wrote:Today marks the culmination of all prior days of my existence. This moment in time predicated on all moments that came before it. It took a lifetime of achievement, of reaching, striving, yearning to get to the point that I am right here, right now.
The decisions I made when I was young. Whether or not to take that fork in the road 2 decades ago. The decision, when thrust upon me, to choose Coke or Pepsi. All those came before. All those led up to this. The moment when - after carefully surveying and cataloguing everything that has occured in my life up to this point -aa sense of clarity...a singularity, if you will, has been reached.

It is with great pride and sense of fulfillment that I announce, after 12,400 days (and counting, hopefully) of mere existence, that I was selected...nay, CHOSEN, by none other than WineDavid himself…to be...a LABRAT!

Before me sits the FedEx that has for many Woots eluded me. There it is, in all it's glorius brown packaging, waiting for me to get home, quaf, and report. And..it is red...a sparking variety I have nary tasted.

In fact, I won't thank anyone. With my newfound sense of fortune, entitlement, and general feelings of being-better-than-you-edness, I thank no one. In fact, everything is now clear to me. I shall quit my job today so I can take home my precious cargo and drink sooner. I shall spit on those who ever doubted me, and forsake those who stood by my side. I shall become an island of one. I need not these people....these ants...who infested my life prior to today. They are no nothing to me...they are beneath me.

I fear that I can longer associate with those who do not know what it is like to be selected a Labrat. How could they know? How could they understand? They cannot. Only a select few (and you know who you are) understand the power that we wield...the importance of our mission. I pity those of you who no not this feeling. Pity, and disdain...for you are now beneath me.

SO I shall go forth in this world. I shall drink the red wine of courage that has arrived. And tonight, I shall report. I shall post a report that has nath been posted previous. (And don't think that nath isn't a word...as a labrat, I now use my own language...one that I do not expect mere mortals to understand.) It will be wonderful. It will be great. It will be labrat.

I will try to write on an elementary level. Because I understand that once, I was like you. Though as each moment passes I find that my memories of that lower existence fade exponentially.

In conclusion...do not hate me because I am beautiful. Hate me because beauty is me. One day you, too, may feel what I am feeling. And on that day I will welcome you with open arms and call you "brother." (or Braddah, if you are from Hawaii). Until that day, all I ask is that you bask in my crapulence. That you wallow in my feculence. For having read this post, you are one step closer to the greatness that I, on this day, hath achieved.

NICE! an instant classic reaction!!! and, you know, you definitely sound anything BUT Bored Stiff!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

barrymccochener

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrymccochener
BoredStiff wrote:In conclusion...do not hate me because I am beautiful. Hate me because beauty is me. One day you, too, may feel what I am feeling. And on that day I will welcome you with open arms and call you "brother." (or Braddah, if you are from Hawaii). Until that day, all I ask is that you bask in my crapulence. That you wallow in my feculence. For having read this post, you are one step closer to the greatness that I, on this day, hath achieved.

Bravo! I shall anxiously await your further reports while wallowing in your feculence.

eviltiff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eviltiff

I'm down for these

JudyL1118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JudyL1118

Darn! I was late checking in - but these look too good to pass up. "I love me some sparklers for the 4th of July!" Can't wait

Who hides behind that wine.woot user name?
Please post a quick bio on Getting to Know You
Join us on Facebook, too!

bhodilee

BoredStiff wrote:Today marks the culmination of all prior days of my existence. This moment in time predicated on all moments that came before it. It took a lifetime of achievement, of reaching, striving, yearning to get to the point that I am right here, right now.

Welcome to the brotherhood of the rat, we have been expecting you. Down the hall you will find your ceremonial attire. Port and cigars are in the atrium. If you need anything, you need but think it and your every desire shall be realized. You will enjoy life as one of the ratterati.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

thatguy314

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314

I got an email from housing that a FEDEX package came that I had to sign for.

I leaped across the fence and ran into oncoming traffic

And then found a DHL package....

It was just my stupid laptop back from stupid dell service.

Oh, and for anyone who thinks that extended warranties are for suckers, I got the entire laptop pretty much rebuilt for free after the power brick sent a surge that fried the mother board and video card.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

<snip>

BoredStiff wrote:
Today marks the culmination of all prior days of my existence. This moment in time predicated on all moments that came before it. It took a lifetime of achievement, of reaching, striving, yearning to get to the point that I am right here, right now.

<snip>
*stands and applauds* Welcome, Bruddah! (ok, so I've at least been there.)

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
jwhite6114 wrote:Awesome! I guess that means I have to send WD those pics of you and Cuvee M. The only question is do I include the pics of you, the Cuvee, the llama, and all those marshmallows; or save those for blackmail as originally planned?

The llama?!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cheron98 wrote:The llama?!

you forget yourself: think of whom you are asking that question. do you really want to get a response back w/ a link to a picture that you wish you'd never clicked through to?!? OY!!!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

pmarin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmarin

Friends, Bruddahs, Llamas,
With great rejoicing I head for the port and cigars, Golden Ticket in hand, ready to praise BoredStiff on such an eloquent but yet somehow disturbing image of LabRattery!

Except, I have to report that I almost failed my mission. My Golden Ticket is just a FedEx "Sorry we missed you!" Aaargh!! I only left the house for a little while. I even had my Brother-in-law staying here, doing hard labor rebuilding my deck. But, he was on the other side of the house and the FedEx guy must not have heard the hammering and so never made contact! Arrgh * 2. I've told my dear B-I-L "no wine for you!"
But, I will remedy this. I will camp out at or near my driveway tomorrow for the re-delivery. I will do a mid-day tasting if necessary (oh, the sacrifices we must make) in order to post the review in time for on-the-fencers to buy before the new offer on Thursday.

Thanks for the opportunity to be a LabRat. I promise I won't let you down.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
BoredStiff wrote:Today marks the culmination of all prior days of my existence.
I won't thank anyone.
They are no nothing to me...they are beneath me.
I fear that I can longer associate with those who do not know what it is like to be selected a Labrat.
you are now beneath me.
I will try to write on an elementary level.
all I ask is that you bask in my crapulence. That you wallow in my feculence.

Man, who knew Charlie Bucket was such a beautiful tulip.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

mydoppelganger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mydoppelganger
yathink2 wrote:Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!

Thanks! I think we will. It seems that mimosas are the recommended use for the blue Cuvée M, so that it will be.

I'm terribly excited about this offer because I love bubbly and I love pinot noir. :-D

I am not who I think I am.

bhodilee

pmarin wrote:Friends, Bruddahs, Llamas,
With great rejoicing I head for the port and cigars, Golden Ticket in hand, ready to praise BoredStiff on such an eloquent but yet somehow disturbing image of LabRattery!

Except, I have to report that I almost failed my mission. My Golden Ticket is just a FedEx "Sorry we missed you!" Aaargh!! I only left the house for a little while. I even had my Brother-in-law staying here, doing hard labor rebuilding my deck. But, he was on the other side of the house and the FedEx guy must not have heard the hammering and so never made contact! Arrgh * 2. I've told my dear B-I-L "no wine for you!"
But, I will remedy this. I will camp out at or near my driveway tomorrow for the re-delivery. I will do a mid-day tasting if necessary (oh, the sacrifices we must make) in order to post the review in time for on-the-fencers to buy before the new offer on Thursday.

Thanks for the opportunity to be a LabRat. I promise I won't let you down.

How far is the fedex hub from your house? I pick up stuff all the time from mine, but it's literally less than a mile away from me. Anyway, call the hub and tell them you missed a package and it's time sensitive so you would like to pick it up when the truck gets back. They'll get the door tag number from you and tell you when to call and confirm the truck is back, then you can jump on your merry way. It's how I got my labrat bottle, even if it sold out that morning rendering my rattery useless

cinderella1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cinderella1

Yay! In for 1, first wine woot! Happy Happy Happy Happy!

You crack me up.
Of course I crack me up on a regular basis.

cinderella1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cinderella1
meredithsg wrote:I read the boards almost everyday, even when I know we aren't going to buy that week.

Ditto. Me. Wootaholic.

You crack me up.
Of course I crack me up on a regular basis.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
cinderella1 wrote:Yay! In for 1, first wine woot! Happy Happy Happy Happy!

Yeah!!! Everybody get drunk... when we get the Mumm of course.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05
thatguy314 wrote:I got an email from housing that a FEDEX package came that I had to sign for.

Oh, and for anyone who thinks that extended warranties are for suckers, I got the entire laptop pretty much rebuilt for free after the power brick sent a surge that fried the mother board and video card.

I know it's mean... but come on admit it... lots of the rest of you had Nelson in your head, "Ha Ha"

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
themostrighteous wrote:you forget yourself: think of whom you are asking that question. do you really want to get a response back w/ a link to a picture that you wish you'd never clicked through to?!? OY!!!

oh RIGHT. Because it is never safe to click on JW's links. Everyone remember that. Do not click JW's links. Ever

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bubblykindagal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bubblykindagal
spdrcr05 wrote:I know it's mean... but come on admit it... lots of the rest of you had Nelson in your head, "Ha Ha"

It was actually more like a "D'oh!" but yeah, along those lines.

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench
bhodilee wrote:How far is the fedex hub from your house? I pick up stuff all the time from mine, but it's literally less than a mile away from me. Anyway, call the hub and tell them you missed a package and it's time sensitive so you would like to pick it up when the truck gets back. They'll get the door tag number from you and tell you when to call and confirm the truck is back, then you can jump on your merry way. It's how I got my labrat bottle, even if it sold out that morning rendering my rattery useless

Or just know your Fed Ex driver.

When I was a LabRat, I was way away from home, although driving back, when the Fed Ex truck started honking at me.

I pulled over, and he dashed out of the truck, clipboard in one hand, box in other one.

now I mostly don't have the money, and I don't live in the same place, so I'd have to figure out where to pick up stuff, too.

Oh, and to make it topical, in the box was Mumm Napa....

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe
BoredStiff wrote:Today marks the culmination of all prior days of my existence...

Best LabRat proclaimation ever.

Hey! I think I work for you!!

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020

So I get off work at 5PM or so, and decide to stop for a beer. Bad Idea. I get home around 6, don't see anything by the note I left this morn asking to pick up any packages that Fedex might be delivering(you know, just in case) at the distribution center. Well, there's still a chance, right? So I call the Fedex people, tell them my address, and have them check to see if there was a package that was supposed to be delivered. He says there was, but that the location it's at just closed 10 minutes prior. I try to be transferred, frantically calling anybody local that accepts Fedex shipping. Did I mention my phone was dying and I was getting no service? Finally, I decide to make the trip out to the now-closed Fedex location, while trying to raise them on the phone through the terrible automated calling tree to inform them I had a TIME-SENSITIVE package that needs to be consumed...errr drank. As I go out there, blood boiling, heart racing, I hit. every. red. light. on. the. way. You know the feeling. Every time it's important, the light turns red. Anyway, I get out there, FINALLY get someone on the phone, and they tell me that there was an overnight package for SOMEONE ELSE at my apartment complex that was delivered this morning. Strange, very strange. I will have to call in the morning, but I would guess that there is no brattery for me at present. You really had me going, though. Damn fedex for being so ambiguous!

P.S. Just in case, you could always PM me to tell me there's a free bottle of wine somewhere along the way! I'll be waiting!

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

thatguy314

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314
andyduncan wrote:Man, who knew Charlie Bucket was such a beautiful tulip.

Not Bucket. This is clearly that spoiled little strumpet, Veruca Salt.

jwhite6114

BoredStiff wrote:In fact, I won't thank anyone. With my newfound sense of fortune, entitlement, and general feelings of being-better-than-you-edness, I thank no one. In fact, everything is now clear to me. I shall quit my job today so I can take home my precious cargo and drink sooner. I shall spit on those who ever doubted me, and forsake those who stood by my side. I shall become an island of one. I need not these people....these ants...who infested my life prior to today. They are no nothing to me...they are beneath me.

Hail, brother. Just a friendly word of caution: next week's a real let down.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

thatguy314 wrote:I got an email from housing that a FEDEX package came that I had to sign for.

Extended warranties, like insurance, are merely legal gambling. If the companies who offered them did not take in more money than they paid out (plus expenses) they would not be in business. So clearly they do not pay off for most people. If you're using them as a planned form of risk sharing, then fine, but if you rely on them with every purchase you will likely pay more in warranty purchases then any repair they cover will be worth.

CT | | | | | |

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
jwhite6114 wrote:Extended warranties, like insurance, are merely legal gambling. If the companies who offered them did not take in more money than they paid out (plus expenses) they would not be in business. So clearly they do not pay off for most people. If you're using them as a planned form of risk sharing, then fine, but if you rely on them with every purchase you will likely pay more in warranty purchases then any repair they cover will be worth.

Or to put it another way, just because you hit on 17 and get a 4 does not make the hit the correct play ex ante. In fact, it's even worse than busting with that hit, because of the false positive reinforcement of that decision.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

cjsiege

cjsiege wrote:I got a phone call from FedEx dispatch to verify the address for my wootlegger. Woot-Hoo!!! LaBrattage in Central VA tonight!

*sigh*. After waiting until after 8pm, the FedEx truck never showed up. I don't know what happened. I *did* give the dispatcher the right address. I only ship my woot wine to my wootlegger, so there must be something in the pipeline. I have no other woot wine pending delivery. The dude DID say that he works for FedEx. I even had 4 additional co-conspirators waiting. So, with any luck, there will be a truck tomorrow.

Can't go there myself, because the dispatch center nearest to my wootlegger is about 85 miles away from my house.

*sigh* I kn haz sadness.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
cjsiege wrote:*sigh*. After waiting until after 8pm, the FedEx truck never showed up. I don't know what happened. I *did* give the dispatcher the right address. I only ship my woot wine to my wootlegger, so there must be something in the pipeline. I even had 4 additional co-conspirators waiting. So, with any luck, there will be a truck tomorrow.

Can't go there myself, because the dispatch center nearest to my wootlegger is about 85 miles away from my house.

*sigh* I kn haz sadness.

CJ -- east coast 'brats are usually weds arrivals. Hang in there!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

La Brat review of Mumm Cuvee M Red

For those that don’t feel like sorting through my pedantic rambling, feel free to skip to the end for a quick summary. Normally, I don’t like to post buzzed, but because of the short week don’t want to make you fence sitters wait too long. So, forgive the typos. Forgive the repetition. Forgive the feculence. Here’s my report, stream of conscience-like, uncensored (except by that damn Woot filter) and unedited. Deal with it. I are Labrat and thus do I spake:

Let me make one thing clear: when I asked (okay, begged) WD to make me a labrat, I never thought he’d do it. I mean, I’ve asked dozens of times before, and he never deemed me rat worthy. So, I did not make prior preparations. My pantry was bare.

Alas, when that beautiful package arrived on my desk, I knew I had to cut out of work early and get some grub in the house. In order to correctly labrat this bubbly, I knew a trip to the supermarket was in order. Since this was my first red sparkler, I didn’t know quite what to expect, so I decided to play it safe.

So, we’ll start with the menu:
Sautéed chicken breast in a garlic mushroom sauce. I deglazed the pan with some of the bubbly, as well as used it to finish the sauce just prior to removing from the heat.

Side dish was Onion and Rosemary Roasted red bliss potatoes.

When I got home, put the bubbly in the fridge immediately, and let it chill for 2 hours. Approximate serving temperature was 55 – 60 degrees. Since this was a red wine, I figured it would need to breathe a bit, so upon opening I promptly decanted and waited 2 hours.

Just kidding. I’m a kidder.

Color was a beautiful and surprising dark blackberry. Yes, I knew this was a red sparkler, but I was still expecting something more of a rose hue. You don’t want to spill this on the carpet (but if you do, make sure you blame the kids). The bubbles were not overpowering…just right. Enough to tickle, not enough to annoy.

Initial nose was that of Welch’s grape juice, but in a good way. It was a familiar scent. As my wife said “this would be really dangerous around children.” First sip for me was a fruit-forward burst of cassis and berries, with a dry tobacco finish. Assertive at first, but with a mellow, smooth end. My wife thought of bubbly Ocean Spray.

To Mrs. Stiff it seemed the perfect drink to serve at a bridal shower. I can’t relate.

Back to the wine. Always a sucker for Mumm, particularly the Cuvee M blue, I really enjoyed this. It was familiar to me, yet unexpected. Does that make sense? It will, when you taste it.

I tell you one thing, it sure made that mushroom sauce sing. Then again, I don’t usually use $30 wine when I cook…but since WD was paying, I figured…why not? (I used about 4 ounces total…just enough to lend flavor.) I’d do it again, even on my own dime.

The wine was a perfect complement to both the potatoes and the chicken. It cut the richness of the sauce. While I didn’t have any desert around, I was able to scrounge up a chocolate chip cookie. And you know what…it really paired well. Better than milk, even, and much more potent. Milk is for mortals. Sparkling wine…that’s what Labrats eat their cookies with. (Do not hate. Your jealousy only makes us stronger. We are Labrat.)

Other desserts I can see going with this wine include Strawberry shortcake, berries and ice cream, and, of course, anything chocolate. I liked the fact that this could make the journey from dinner to desert and not only stand up well to both courses, but complement all food pairings I tried.

Now, while I did not sample this with cheese, I really don’t see this as a good choice when looking to pair a wine with cheese. Well, maybe a baked brie with fruit, but that’s about it. Then again, I could be wrong. If WD wants to send me another bottle, I’ll gladly try it with cheese. It’s the least I could do.

At the moment, I have enough left for another glass and a half. I was going to wait until tomorrow to see how the bubbles hold up, but then realized that tomorrow will be too late…the deal will be gone. So now, 2 hours after opening, I will venture to the fridge and do a pour, in the name of science. Bottle was sealed with a standard wine topper…I did not pump the air out. Flavor is a bit more rounded, subdued, but that could be due to the fact that it is being served colder now than before. Regardless, I think I’ll need to finish the bottle tonight. I’ll wait another hour, and if still awake and alert, will post an updated bubble report.

For those of you who want to skip to the good stuff, and didn’t want to read the above (God knows I’m not gonna sit here and read through all that blabbering…once I write it, I’m done!), here’s a summary:

Color: Blackberry/Dark raspberry. Almost opaque.

Nose: Welchy, familiar, but in a good way.
Flavor profile: Sweet at first, with a smooth, dry finish. I taste cassis, berries, tobacco, and a slight cranberry tartness.

Overall score: On a scale of 1-10, I give it a solid 8.5.

Goes well with: Seemingly everything, from rich to sweet. Would definitely like to try with sushi. Do not think this would go well with cheese, but could be wrong.

Overall impressions: Fun, tasty, different yet familiar. It’s a great way to have red wine on a hot day. Would buy again. Good party wine, as long as you have scotch guard.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
cheron98 wrote:The llama?!

You know...Larry the Wonder LLama...hangs out with a biting moose.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

schuey

quality posts: 8 Private Messages schuey
tommythecat78 wrote:You know...Larry the Wonder LLama...hangs out with a biting moose.

Is the mooses name Marty?