First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 6.017s
Last wooter to woot: Corrado

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

pagreen

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pagreen

My only trepidation about this is that two of the selections are sec, rather than my preferred brut (brut that I am). I would love to hear what the winery rep(s) have to say about the sweetness. On the other hand, this is one time I would love to enter the great Labrat-lottery (labrattery?).

Intuition (plus last year’s offerings) tell me that the end-of-week selection will not sparkle (at least not literally). My guess is that it will be a still pinot noir.

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

How many of the DC/NoVA team could have seen this coming??? In for 3!!!!!

Mumm Independence Day - 3 Pack Sampler
Current numbers (updated each minute):
Last wooter to woot: CpprCr8

Aside from my "well publicized" love of all things Mumm and sparkly, I am a direct descendent of a signer of the Declaration. How can I NOT be in on the best red, white, and blue offer I've seen in a long time???

I - who NEVER begs for labrattage & who has never been a labrat - am now officially begging!

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

P.S. - bunnymasseuse...I'd better hear that you are in as well!

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
tommythecat78 wrote:It will probably be awhile 'til I drink these...how should these be stored?

Vertical, vertical, vertical!!! The shipping container they use is great - vertical rounds completely enclosed in styrofoam. Just use that and put it in a cool(er) place.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
bridgeresq wrote:Finally, after having crews of up to 15 people nearly every day for close to 2 and a half years, and more money spent than you could imagine, my home should finally be ready post-Katrina in about 2 months. These will be part of the celebration!! Cheers!!

Thanks for summer shipping!

Wow! Quite a reason for celebration, indeed!! Best of luck of with the completion of your reconstruction and a hearty congrats!

CT | | | | | |

nicihanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicihanger

No Ohio this week. Oh well. I was definitely going to get this one, but my Visa is pretty happy I didn't. I would have had to switch some funds around for this one - I'm a poor college student, and payday isn't till Friday!

I even looked to see about sending it to another state - No Indiana or Kentucky either. Just wasn't meant to be, I guess!

[16 tacky] - 4 Bag of Coal
[12 wine]
[11 shirt] - 6x3 random
[3 sellout]

hershelk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk

I'm not a huge fan of the sparkly, and already have enough in the cellar. However, I would love to try the red. Maybe someone can bring one to NoVa #5 (or #6 for that matter)

CT

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Yay Mumm! Yay cuvee M red, which I wanted last time! Boo on moving to Japan so it won't get here in time to drink them all. T_T;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Where is our favorite BubblyKindaGal, Liz??? Will she be back to chat?

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

In for 1.
I have to stop reading these boards, we've been in for 10 of the past 14 offerings.
WD: would love to labrat one of these. Our kid is graduating this week and it's been rollercoaster year!

mander77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mander77

I'd love to order but since I STILL have NOT received my order for Ty Caton, I doubt I'll be ordering for a while. 3 emails and still have no idea what is going on since no one has replied. I've never had a problem but this is unacceptable. AFTER my order was damaged in the first place in the middle of shipment. SIGH... no wine for me... i guess there is a wine Tom Servo too. ;)

Mmmmmmmmm.... wine!

kingdee40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingdee40

What is a non-reciprocal state?

brizzock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizzock

It sure would be nice if we could actually get a product once in a while that would ship to NJ... :-/

JanaDahlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanaDahlen

Last wooter to woot: JanaDahlen

I'm very excited to try the red! Great offering for the 4th of July!

w.w: 19 s.w: 12 w: 4 k.w:2

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Last wooter to woot: Imagine4vr

In for 1 and available for LaBrattery!

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

I really dont need to be buying anymore wine, im hoping I am going to behave and stay away from buying...yea, buying wine for atleast a month...I went from 0 bottles to 42 bottles (13 consumed) in about 2 months....I need to take a break, I hate when i get curious and want to learn as much as i can about something...So im going to be mumm about mumm..would love to get it, but wont because im a good boy.

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

jwhite6114

Corrado wrote:

Last wooter to woot: Corrado

Dude! Don't you get lonely out there all by yourself?

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

CpprCr8 wrote:How many of the DC/NoVA team could have seen this coming??? In for 3!!!!!

Last wooter to woot: CpprCr8

Aside from my "well publicized" love of all things Mumm and sparkly, I am a direct descendent of a signer of the Declaration. How can I NOT be in on the best red, white, and blue offer I've seen in a long time???

I - who NEVER begs for labrattage & who has never been a labrat - am now officially begging!

WD -- we've got pics of CJ with her Mumm Cuvee that make the pics of Loweeel making out with the KR Petite Syrah bottle look almost G-rated. Willing to share for CJ's labrat report if she is picked.

CT | | | | | |

bunnymasseuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bunnymasseuse

In for two, and praying for some celebratory lab-ratty sparkle to wet my palate and get me going for this sparkly goodness

-the merlot lover and closet sparkle lover

121 Woots and counting

bunnymasseuse

CpprCr8 wrote:P.S. - bunnymasseuse...I'd better hear that you are in as well!

I don't know what you are talkinga bout...

121 Woots and counting

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
bunnymasseuse wrote:In for two, and praying for some celebratory lab-ratty sparkle to wet my palate and get me going for this sparkly goodness

-the merlot lover and closet sparkle lover

And if she gets it (especially the red, hint hint) We may have a two-fer . I've got a nice braised turkey dish waiting.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

bridgeresq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bridgeresq
mander77 wrote:I'd love to order but since I STILL have NOT received my order for Ty Caton, I doubt I'll be ordering for a while. 3 emails and still have no idea what is going on since no one has replied. I've never had a problem but this is unacceptable. AFTER my order was damaged in the first place in the middle of shipment. SIGH... no wine for me... i guess there is a wine Tom Servo too. ;)

Yep, I'm still waiting on my replacement TCs, too. Ever hopeful, I keep ordering more, though.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

We served the Brut at my wedding reception two weeks ago and it was a HUGE hit. Very tasty indeed.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bridgeresq

jwhite6114 wrote:Wow! Quite a reason for celebration, indeed!! Best of luck of with the completion of your reconstruction and a hearty congrats!

awww, thanks, jwhite!! It is a contributing historic property so it is taking close to 3 years of painstaking, loving restoration, but I've still got everything original from a century ago (and that's just the interior!). When I saw these sparklys, it sounded like a great addition to the obnoxious and rude partying that is about to ensue (along with the studio speakers) - the good neighbors are invited, the bad ones can just call the police!!

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff
brizzock wrote:It sure would be nice if we could actually get a product once in a while that would ship to NJ... :-/

It has nothing to do with regulations...they just can't find a delivery truck willing to go to NJ. I mean..who goes to Jersey by choice?????

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
debren27 wrote:I thought we were allowed to call it "California Champagne" now, instead of this "sparkling wine" nonsense ... ?

We can call it anything we want. The company, on the other hand, has to follow the law.

And with Mumm Napa being so closely tied to Mumm France, I doubt that they'd do anything to cause confusion.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

Brythephotoguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brythephotoguy

My family and I were in Napa back in March. All three of us enjoy sparklers enough to join two wine clubs - - - Mumm Napa was one of them.

We just opened the Reserve Brut last Friday - - We really enjoyed this bottle. It was a fantastic pairing with seafood ravioli alfredo. As with any good wine, this stands well on its own, but a good pairing brings it up to the next level.

There was cinnamon toast on the nose, and some caramel. The flavors reminded me of vanilla peaches and cream with a nice nutty finish. This was one of those rare bottles that we finished with dinner.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bridgeresq wrote:Finally, after having crews of up to 15 people nearly every day for close to 2 and a half years, and more money spent than you could imagine, my home should finally be ready post-Katrina in about 2 months. These will be part of the celebration!! Cheers!!

Thanks for summer shipping!

Congratulations!!!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123

WOO-HOO! With my birthday next week and the Tour De France around the corner, there could not be a better time to stock up on sparkling wine. In for three!

Last wooter to woot: kkv123

WineDavid and BubblyKindaGal, looking forward to later in the week, I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for the DVX and DVX Rose. When I visited Mumm in December with other Devotees of Effervescence we sampled most everything, and these two rocked the table!

thatguy314

quality posts: 7 Private Messages thatguy314

Last wooter to woot: thatguy314

It's 36 minutes from end of labrat submissions.... and I'm down for the count.

The special ladyfriend would be "soooooooooo haaaaapppppppyyyyy" me if I got labratted this week. Just thought I'd mention that.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Brythephotoguy wrote:My family and I were in Napa back in March. All three of us enjoy sparklers enough to join two wine clubs - - - Mumm Napa was one of them.

We just opened the Reserve Brut last Friday - - We really enjoyed this bottle. It was a fantastic pairing with seafood ravioli alfredo. As with any good wine, this stands well on its own, but a good pairing brings it up to the next level.

There was cinnamon toast on the nose, and some caramel. The flavors reminded me of vanilla peaches and cream with a nice nutty finish. This was one of those rare bottles that we finished with dinner.

Yummy... I've packed you, by the way, for this excellent 'volunteer' semi-rattery.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bunnymasseuse

Loweeel wrote:And if she gets it (especially the red, hint hint) We may have a two-fer . I've got a nice braised turkey dish waiting.

Hey I'll take whatever, red, white, blue, pink with purple pokadots.

121 Woots and counting

bridgeresq

cheron98 wrote:Congratulations!!!

Thanks, Cheron!! I've been pretty quiet just ordering and drinking, but it has been such a long and hard road and as I get close to the end of it, I just feel like screaming, "Yayyy! Come party with me!!" These sparklys reflect how I'm finally feeling.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
Imagine4vr wrote:Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: Imagine4vr

In for 1 and available for LaBrattery!

Weird, I didn't get a confirmation email like I usually do when I make an order. Is everyone else getting theirs?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Imagine4vr wrote:Weird, I didn't get a confirmation email like I usually do when I make an order. Is everyone else getting theirs?

There are some networking hiccups going on at the moment. Check "your account," and see if it's there. The emails should be queued to go out as soon as they can.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cjsiege wrote:Vertical, vertical, vertical!!! The shipping container they use is great - vertical rounds completely enclosed in styrofoam. Just use that and put it in a cool(er) place.

hmmm, at the risk of exposing my near total ignorance on the bubbly, pray do tell why vertical is better than horizontal in this case?

do you know... what biodynamics is?

meredithsg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meredithsg

The last Mumm trio was the first time I bought was in for more than one, and then we promptly received about 4 more bottles of sparkily around the same time. I want to here about the reds from the labrats before I hit the button.

Cesare

quality posts: 1560 Private Messages Cesare
themostrighteous wrote:hmmm, at the risk of exposing my near total ignorance on the bubbly, pray do tell why vertical is better than horizontal in this case?

Great explantion on why champagne should be stored vertically.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

jwhite6114

I just updated the "How good it this deal?" spreadsheet to show savings percentage both with and without retail shipping (woot shipping is included in all numbers as you can't get it from woot without paying shipping, so is really part of the cost). As some of these are bottles that a lot of folks can find locally, I figured the alternative comparison might be helpful.

CT | | | | | |