products:
1 Cuvee M Red
1 Cuvee M Blue
1 Reserve Brut

NOTE: Summer shipping has begun.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla

I don't need sparkling, but wonder what's coming on Thursday!

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

myrlin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages myrlin

Just perfect for the 4th! I can't wait to try these.

008 Barrels of Crud
183 Bottles of Juice

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
Mumm Independence Day - 3 Pack Sampler
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 6.017s

Last wooter to woot: MaskedMarvel

Yum! Three times!

laurmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laurmom

Me. "I lost my spaghetti. =(!" (Or before the w00t filter... b00!)
NDH,"YAY!"
VISA,"Whew!"

pmarin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmarin

Yay, I love good sparklies. In for 2.

Still didn't beat Mill, though.

Last wooter to woot: pmarin

And just want to say I'm ready and willing to be a labrat if it so happens to be...

Edit: Hey, I made Washington a bright color. Is someone else from up here buying too?

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff

Agreed with above, don't need bubbly juice, but very curious as to the mid week selection .... hmmm

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

motherfracker! I must have been about 2 seconds behind mill! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

In for 2. (and will gladly trade blue label for any of the others -- even 2 blue label for a single red).

(and it's not that I don't like the Blue label... it's that it's a lot harder for me to get the others)

And as a huge fan of sparkling shiraz (and the Peppermint Paddock Sparkling Chambourcin that Sparky brought to NoVA #4), I would *love* to labrat the Cuvee M Red!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Cesare

quality posts: 1564 Private Messages Cesare

Shouldn't it be Condition: Sparkling instead of Condition: Red?
And yay, summer shipping finally!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

It will probably be awhile 'til I drink these...how should these be stored?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

pmarin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmarin
Cesare wrote:Shouldn't it be Condition: Sparkling instead of Condition: Red?
And yay, summer shipping finally!

On the topic of shipping, my order of Field Blends arrived last week -- and it did have the "ketchup packs" in it. (thawed of course). Weather was cool and rainy when it arrived (Northwest). But I know it's been in the 90's in the California Bay Area where it ships from, so this precaution was much appreciated.

This week looks like the first time that Summer Shipping is "official" again.

DonaldWilliams

quality posts: 26 Private Messages DonaldWilliams
luckyinla wrote:I don't need sparkling, but wonder what's coming on Thursday!

I don't NEED it, either, but as good as the Mumm's was last time, I can't pass it up. I'd love a bottle right away, but I've tried every means of persuasion I can think of, and nothing works. It does happen to be my birthday on Wednesday, but that's a bit late to make a difference in a short week. At least I know it will be worth the wait. In for 2.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Allrighty then! Mumm is the word (that link is to the winery)!

And look, Cuveé M RED!

iByron
PS--Oh, and I guessed it!

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

How good is this deal? Looks like a pretty darned good one this week!

Prices from the Mumm Napa site are a bit variable based on the number of bottles ordered, but at any offered price this is still a great deal!

Edit: Updated link to new version of spreadsheet that includes savings calculations both with and without retail shipping.

CT | | | | | |

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Don't need any sparkling, but good guess on those that figured it out.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
tkastorff wrote:Agreed with above, don't need bubbly juice, but very curious as to the mid week selection .... hmmm

The mid-week will be still wines. Not much else it could be.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

In for 3 units of 3 !

Mumm Independence Day - 3 Pack Sampler
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: smartheart

Hope the midweek deal includes:

2001 Grande Année
Sparkling Pinot Noir
Brut Prestige Extended Tirage

(0r maybe the Santana would be interesting to try)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

I've tried 2 of the 3 Mumm selections from last time, and they were perfectly good for the price, but I'm just not a fan of Chardonnay grapes, even in sparkling form. I'd probably spring for a 3-pack of the Red, though, so if anyone in NYC is getting some and doesn't want that one, I'll take 1-3 of them off your hands.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

DonaldWilliams

quality posts: 26 Private Messages DonaldWilliams

Interesting side deal pairing: Decanter with sparkling.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

As I'm sitting here watching Sudden Impact on my DVR, I can't help notice what a fine weapon that MAGNUM Harry wields is...

Do you feel lucky, Punk?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Maybe the Blanc de Noirs, Blanc de Blancs, and/or their Demi Sec? Or some of their Gallery Collections (Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, or Syrah).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

I am a sucker for Mumm, particularly the Cuvee M. In for 2.

Not that I'm complaining...but this is like my 800,000th** wine.woot purchase, and I have yet to be Labratted. HINT HINT

** Number is estimated. Actual number of wine.woot purchases may be slightly less. Number not valid in Alaska or Hawaii.

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

I have actually had all Mumm and these are great and especially for the price. I have had the Santana and it is fantastic. It has the right amount of sugar and not too sweet or too dry. I am not sure that they would offer that on the mid-week offering or not. If so, that would be great. Anyway, in for 1 and hoping for labrat. Has anyone figured out the price savings yet?

crusaderRabbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crusaderRabbit

In the interest of science, I'm in. This is strictly a scientific experiment - and I'm sticking to that story.

Sparkling. This will be new and interesting. And painful; the corner pocket hurts at the thought...

Wine and Sailing: mother nature's conversation with man.

Cesare

jaykid007 wrote: Has anyone figured out the price savings yet?

Yes, already posted above. Repeated here (click the link!):

jwhite6114 wrote:How good is this deal? Looks like a pretty darned good one this week!

Prices from the Mumm Napa site are a bit variable based on the number of bottles ordered, but at any offered price this is still a great deal!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
damightyanteater wrote:Don't need any sparkling, but good guess on those that figured it out.

iByron gets the nod for guessing it correctly.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu

Mumm's french label has HUGE banners all over the place in Paris. I saw one that rivaled the Lebron banner for Nike in Ohio.

bridgeresq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bridgeresq

Finally, after having crews of up to 15 people nearly every day for close to 2 and a half years, and more money spent than you could imagine, my home should finally be ready post-Katrina in about 2 months. These will be part of the celebration!! Cheers!!

Thanks for summer shipping!

dwdyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwdyer

In for two. The last Mumm deal was pleasant. And since summer shipping is on, I'll give it a shot. Have a few bottles of sparkly around is a Good Thing.

debren27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages debren27

I thought we were allowed to call it "California Champagne" now, instead of this "sparkling wine" nonsense ... ?

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

I wanted to ask if there were any changes to the summer shipping practices since last year? Im sure WD learned what worked and what didn't and if any changes have been implemented.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

not enough bubbly in da house. haven't had any Mumm yet. (no tomatoes please.) in for 1...

would love to labrat the Cuvee M Red. not that asking has worked in the past. or begging for that matter. still...

so, seriously folks, who the hell is mill?!? and why is he / she / it always first?!? does mill get a tipoff from WD or one of his minions?!? IS he / she / it really WD or one of his minions?!? something just doesn't add up here...

do you know... what biodynamics is?

clayfu

debren27 wrote:I thought we were allowed to call it "California Champagne" now, instead of this "sparkling wine" nonsense ... ?

Current U.S. regulations require that what is defined as a semi-generic name (Champagne) shall only appear on a wine's label if the appellation of the actual place of origin appears and the label was approved by the Federal Government before March 10, 1996 [9]. As US appellations can be quite general, many US sparkling wines use the terms "California champagne," "New York champagne" or even the more general "American champagne."

Edit: after looking at my class notes, the EU strictly forbids the use of the word champagne period unless it's from the region of champagne. Of course.. this is of no concern to us =)

debren27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages debren27
clayfu wrote:Current U.S. regulations require that what is defined as a semi-generic name (Champagne) shall only appear on a wine's label if the appellation of the actual place of origin appears and the label was approved by the Federal Government before March 10, 1996 [9]. As US appellations can be quite general, many US sparkling wines use the terms "California champagne," "New York champagne" or even the more general "American champagne."

Edit: after looking at my class notes, the EU strictly forbids the use of the word champagne period unless it's from the region of champagne. Of course.. this is of no concern to us =)

I could have sworn I read that the French surrendered ... uh, I mean acquiesced. Took me a while to dig it up.

I think this is what I was thinking of. I didn't remember it being limited to Korbel, of all things.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/22/WIGVVER6B61.DTL

D

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007
Cesare wrote:

Above? was looking for a $$ savings vs. this and Mumm website. Of course, i'm lazy. This same setup goes for $80 plus shipping.

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020

In for one. Really interested in trying one of these soon, and I really shouldn't be in w/o a real job, but whatever. Let's get ready to party!

Maybe we can get some DVX on Thursday for like $45 apiece? Cause that would be fun

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

Cesare

jaykid007 wrote:Above? was looking for a $$ savings vs. this and Mumm website. Of course, i'm lazy. This same setup goes for $80 plus shipping.

Yes, above. Jwhite takes care of the "Deal" spreadsheet and he had already posted it when you asked. Click on the link:

jwhite6114 wrote:How good is this deal?

If you ordered only these 3 it would cost $80 like you said, plus shipping would make the total $97.25 so about a 41% savings.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

clayfu

jaykid007 wrote:I have actually had all Mumm and these are great and especially for the price. I have had the Santana and it is fantastic. It has the right amount of sugar and not too sweet or too dry. I am not sure that they would offer that on the mid-week offering or not. If so, that would be great. Anyway, in for 1 and hoping for labrat. Has anyone figured out the price savings yet?

you can also check your local wine retailer, many of them carry the Cuvee M at $15~. Not as many carry the reserve.. those that do have them for $20. So it's not a bad deal here.

monteman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monteman
pmarin wrote:Yay, I love good sparklies. In for 2.

Still didn't beat Mill, though.

Last wooter to woot: pmarin

And just want to say I'm ready and willing to be a labrat if it so happens to be...

Edit: Hey, I made Washington a bright color. Is someone else from up here buying too?

Washingtonian pride! (Seattle pride!)