13%
13%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality posts:

LBISurfer2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LBISurfer2

Discrepancy with the title 'Four Pack' and the number of wines in the 'product' section. But darn this is very tmepting, I don't think I've ever had a syrah rose, anyone else here have and share any thoughts?

Cesare

quality posts: 1673 Private Messages Cesare

Yes! The Sémillon. And mmm Rosé

Saxon Brown - Four Pack
$59.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Red, White
products:
2 2007 Sémillon
2 2006 Syrah Rosé

Links are to CellarTracker.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

DonaldWilliams

quality posts: 32 Private Messages DonaldWilliams

The math needs some fixin'. Four pack with one of these and one of those?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

*grumblecakes*

Saxon Brown - Four Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.703s

Last wooter to woot: Loweeel

Stupid mill...

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
LBISurfer2 wrote:Discrepancy with the title 'Four Pack' and the number of wines in the 'product' section. But darn this is very tmepting, I don't think I've ever had a syrah rose, anyone else here have and share any thoughts?

I have a french one (2007 Verget du Sud Vin de Pays de Vaucluse Rosé de Syrah), that is okay, but nothing spectacular.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

2006 Syrah Rose
2006 Semillon Cricket Creek (The Communicator)

EDIT - The 2007 Semmi isn't on the website.

I've had lots of dry Pinot Noir rose. I'd be interested in hearing at what temperature the Syrah Rose is recommended for optimum quaffing?

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

I'm in for these! can't wait to try the Syrah Rose.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Cesare wrote:Yes! The Semillon. And mmm Rosé

Saxon Brown - Four Pack
$59.99
+ $5 shipping
condition: Red, White
products:
1 2007 Semillon
1 2006 Syrah Rosé

Since you beat Cor to the punch...make sure you follow through fully and get those CT links in there.

And I quite properly succeeded in NOT buying the first offer. And I'm 99% sure I'll be able to hold off on this one too.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

WD,

Any labrats for this?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

olabner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olabner
LBISurfer2 wrote:Discrepancy with the title 'Four Pack' and the number of wines in the 'product' section. But darn this is very tmepting, I don't think I've ever had a syrah rose, anyone else here have and share any thoughts?

I have had Moon Mountain's Syrah Rose ($20 Price point), and it is excellent. Very good, very dry. The only Semillon I have had is from Distefano in Washington; also very good.

Spent a bunch on wine already this month, with 2 club shipments, the Dry Creek reds, and a trip to Southern Illinois wine country (surprisingly good- anyone else been there?), although I am quite tempted here, I'll probably have to give it the miss.

*sigh* Responsibilities...Bills...grumblegrumble...

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
MarkDaSpark wrote:WD,

Any labrats for this?

yes! ME!!! well, sort of: i'll rebel-rat the Semillon (which has been sitting in my cellar for the last couple of months) tomorrow evening.

EDIT: DAMN!!! never mind. just noticed that the Semillon Jeff is offering here is from the same vintage but a different vineyard. DOUBLE DAMN!!!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

EEAlexHay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EEAlexHay

The original Saxon Brown offering was one of my first wine.woots and still one of my favorites: I was in for 3 of the reds as soon as I saw them on Monday.

I'm not a big drinker of whites, so I was a little disapointed by this offering . . . until I read the descriptions on the winery's web site. Jeff's wine is fantastic, and based on those descriptions these whites will really deliver.

In for 2 sets!

------------------------------------------------------
Saxon Brown - Four Pack

Last wooter to woot: EEAlexHay

jgaffner

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jgaffner

Hello LBISufer2
I love good dry rose. Try some Tavel rose, some of my favorites

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Rosé - any type - is hands down the most wine I drink, probably 3-4 bottles a week 9 months a year. Absolutely no way I could resist this, despite my less than stellar SB Syrah experience (though it seems it was likely cooked).

My wine cellar is filling up quickly...

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

LBISurfer2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LBISurfer2
olabner wrote:I have had Moon Mountain's Syrah Rose ($20 Price point), and it is excellent. Very good, very dry. The only Semillon I have had is from Distefano in Washington; also very good.

Spent a bunch on wine already this month, with 2 club shipments, the Dry Creek reds, and a trip to Southern Illinois wine country (surprisingly good- anyone else been there?), although I am quite tempted here, I'll probably have to give it the miss.

*sigh* Responsibilities...Bills...grumblegrumble...

I am in the same boat, I just got both dry creek offers, the twisted oak offer (the 2 pack and twisted both came today, along with one of the decanters from WDs sig, and the decanter is really nice, very sturdy and just looks great), and I ordered the first half of this week. I really want to save my money... but I have never had either varietal being offered here. Curiosity may just win over by Sunday, maybe if WD picks out some more rats I could be convinced, but there arent usually rats on 2nd half offerings are there? Maybe since the half of the 1st half received the wrong vintage we could get another round? Anyone else following this train of thought?

jgaffner

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jgaffner
EEAlexHay wrote:The original Saxon Brown offering was one of my first wine.woots and still one of my favorites: I was in for 3 of the reds as soon as I saw them on Monday.

I'm not a big drinker of whites, so I was a little disapointed by this offering . . . until I read the descriptions on the winery's web site. Jeff's wine is fantastic, and based on those descriptions these whites will really deliver.

In for 2 sets!

Thank you
Jeff

------------------------------------------------------
Saxon Brown - Four Pack

Last wooter to woot: EEAlexHay

Cesare

quality posts: 1673 Private Messages Cesare
themostrighteous wrote:yes! ME!!! well, sort of: i'll rebel-rat the Semillon (which has been sitting in my cellar for the last couple of months) tomorrow evening.

No, do it now! Stick it in the freezer for a few minutes
I'll labrat the Sémillon on Friday after WD sends it to me

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

themostrighteous

Cesare wrote:No, do it now! Stick it in the freezer for a few minutes

sadly, please see my EDIT above, in my original note.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

guess we better labrat these.

themostrighteous

winemaker's notes for the 2006 Syrah Rosé (Dry), Flora Ranch Vineyard, Chalk Hill:

Winemaking:
Unlike most dry Rosé, ours is not the by-product of another wine. Our Syrah Rosé was made specifically for this dry Rosé wine. The grapes were picked in the cool early morning at 24.5 brix. We whole fruit pressed only ¾ of the juice in order to minimize the astringent influence of the stems and seeds. The wine was cold tank fermented using a very low rate of yeast for over 90 days at 55F. The unusually slow and cool fermentation is designed to preserve the vibrant fruit character that can easily be “blown off” by a warmer, faster fermentation. Our Flora Ranch Syrah Rosé was bottled in a clear hock vessel to show off its delicate pink hue.

Tasting Notes:
As with the first fresh strawberries of the summer, opening a bottle of our Flora Ranch Dry Rosé is a sensory delight. Vibrant flavors of juicy strawberry, stone fruit, white flower and orange zest abound in the lively mouthfeel and persist through the lingering bright yeasty finish.

Cellaring: 2 to 4 years

Case Production: Less than 250 cases
Retail Price: $20/Bottle

mlhelm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mlhelm

Hadn't seen my name in lights in a while; in for 1. Thanks for the whites lately, WD! I'd normally love to labrat one of these . . . but hubby and I are leaving Friday morning for a long weekend. I guess it's only prudent that I pull my name from consideration in these circumstances.

Last wooter to woot: mlhelm

more than enough wine.woots!

MarkDaSpark

Winedavid39 wrote:guess we better labrat these.

Hi, I'm MarkDaSpark, and I'm a Wine.Wootaholic ... Does Labratting count if it was Mead? Just say no ....

Saxon Brown - Four Pack

Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark

themostrighteous

LBISurfer2 wrote:I am in the same boat, I just got both dry creek offers, the twisted oak offer (the 2 pack and twisted both came today, along with one of the decanters from WDs sig, and the decanter is really nice, very sturdy and just looks great), and I ordered the first half of this week. I really want to save my money... but I have never had either varietal being offered here. Curiosity may just win over by Sunday, maybe if WD picks out some more rats I could be convinced, but there arent usually rats on 2nd half offerings are there? Maybe since the half of the 1st half received the wrong vintage we could get another round? Anyone else following this train of thought?

others here will wax / are waxing poetic about the Syrah Rose, so i'll take up the cause of the Sémillon, the varietal that serves as the backbone of the oft overlooked & oft phenomenal White Bordeaux (w/ Sauv Blanc being the other white varietal). i have not had the Sémillon from this particular vineyard but have had Jeff's 2006 Saxon-Brown Sémillon Old Vine Field Blended Casa Santinamaria Vineyards & loved it. if that one is any indication of this one, then i am really excited by the prospect of yet another stellar white, and i am really looking forward to the Brat notes on it.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Sounds like a good set to help round out my red-heavy collection. With any luck I won't spend all my money in Baltimore this weekend and I'll be able to pick it up on Sunday...if its still around.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

Walstib

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Walstib

Last wooter to woot: nallie

Make that walstib. I'm in for 4x2. Yum. Happen to have the day off Friday if the wine gods (and WD) smile upon me and offer labrattage. Ooh do these sound good!

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla

I am not a big white wine drinker, so I'll wait for those la brat reports...

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

JudyL1118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JudyL1118

These I have to try! So I pushed the stupidly large gold button...my question for Jeff is: What is the best drinking temperature for these wines? And, please tell me they're ready now?!? I really enjoy lighter wines in the summer, slightly chilled, but since I've never had either of these two, I'd like to make sure chilling won't "kill" them. Thanks!

Who hides behind that wine.woot user name?
Please post a quick bio on Getting to Know You
Join us on Facebook, too!

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
Cesare wrote:No, do it now! Stick it in the freezer for a few minutes

And what if WD sends me the Rose? We could have a labrattage gathering to have a number of NYC tasters sample these lovely wines.

Is that an offer WD could actually refuse?

joeliquor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeliquor

In very early for once thanks to the wind kicking up and waking me up. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll give me a special LR for the second offering.

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

As much as I totally love Whites, and i really want these, the weather is telling me not to order...its been stupidly hot for the past week....and its no suppose to drop anytime soon

Sadly I have decided im done with online ordering for the summer ... dont make me change my mind woot...llo

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2

Last wooter to woot: yathink2

Love me some SB! I cant wait to try these.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

How good is this deal?

Find out here (now with shipping prices included!). Helpful for CT prices, too.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Question for Jeff:

themostrighteous wrote:winemaker's notes for the 2006 Syrah Rosé (Dry), Flora Ranch Vineyard, Chalk Hill:

Winemaking:
Unlike most dry Rosé, ours is not the by-product of another wine. Our Syrah Rosé was made specifically for this dry Rosé wine. The grapes were picked in the cool early morning at 24.5 brix. We whole fruit pressed only ¾ of the juice in order to minimize the astringent influence of the stems and seeds. The wine was cold tank fermented using a very low rate of yeast for over 90 days at 55F. The unusually slow and cool fermentation is designed to preserve the vibrant fruit character that can easily be “blown off” by a warmer, faster fermentation. Our Flora Ranch Syrah Rosé was bottled in a clear hock vessel to show off its delicate pink hue.

So, sure I'm being a bit of a smart-ass here, but at least two of the "winemaker's descriptions" for this week have mentioned picking the grapes in the "cool early morning". Does this really affect the wine that comes from the grapes, or is it more about not being stuck in the field under the midday sun? Or is it prose ?

Anyway, just curious as to the real impact of time of day the grapes are picked.

CT | | | | | |

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
jgaffner wrote:Hello everyone,
I just wanted to thank you for your comments the last few days. Sorry I didn't post as much as I wanted to. I've been dealing with kidney stones and all the fun that goes with it.
Jeff Gaffner

Ow! Ow ow ow!

Been there, done that. I've been told kidney stones pain is comprable to childbirth and stab wounds. I'm going to take their word for it; I'm not going to do the comparison personally (and, in once case I'm incapable).

Good luck with that, and I hope they figure out what you can do to avoid it in the future. Me, I drink lots of water all the time, and try to keep my potassium citrate consumption up (Crystal Light).

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
jwhite6114 wrote:How good is this deal?

Find out here (now with shipping prices included!). Helpful for CT prices, too.

Thanks as usual for your timely post. However... do you have the shipping figured for 4 bottles (as the offer) or 2 (as the spreadsheet says)?

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie

I'm definitely going to need pairing advice for these. I think I've had one or two roses in my life (or my wine-drinking life, aka the past year or two), and never semillon, although I do have one that I'm cellaring at the moment. And one of those two roses was horribly paired with a TJ's chickenburger+guac.

Ugh, in for one. Next week better be resistible.

themostrighteous

Walstib wrote:Make that walstib. I'm in for 4x2. Yum. Happen to have the day off Friday if the wine gods (and WD) smile upon me and offer labrattage. Ooh do these sound good!

WD, the man has a wicked palate (you should taste his gelato - it's to die for!), and i'm willing to vouch for it! my vote counts for nil, i know, but i'd make Walstib a rat most bodacious in a jiffy. you would not regret it!

DonaldWilliams

quality posts: 32 Private Messages DonaldWilliams
eric9tx wrote:Thanks as usual for your timely post. However... do you have the shipping figured for 4 bottles (as the offer) or 2 (as the spreadsheet says)?

$1.25 per bottle x 4 = $5. Shipping based on pack of 4.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

themostrighteous

JudyL1118 wrote:These I have to try! So I pushed the stupidly large gold button...my question for Jeff is: What is the best drinking temperature for these wines? And, please tell me they're ready now?!? I really enjoy lighter wines in the summer, slightly chilled, but since I've never had either of these two, I'd like to make sure chilling won't "kill" them. Thanks!

just my wineaux impressions for your consideration until Jeff has the opportunity to answer your questions directly...

i've had the Syrah Rose & a vintage sibling (different vineyard) of the Semillon. as for the Syrah Rose, i think that it is definitely best served slightly chilled (w/ the emphasis on slightly) & that it is definitely ready to drink now. as for the Semillon, i have not had this particular wine, but judging from its vintage sibling, my guess would be that you would likely enjoy it at anywhere from room temperature (which is how i prefer to drink fuller-bodied whites) to chilled & that it would likely be ready to drink now.

hope that helps - and, Jeff, please correct any of the above impressions.

EDIT: Jeff's response below.