HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
kttest wrote:No occasion necessary. C & I just have one after dinner to help finish our wine, don't wait, open those babies up! Just put the open package in a baggy and they'll stay fine.

Maybe next week I'll open one of them up and finally try them out. Maybe I'll even pick a night to open one of my better bottles of wine as I've mostly been drinking my everyday bottles lately.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

crusaderRabbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crusaderRabbit
polarbear22 wrote:How are you all celebrating Father's Day?

With one kid in CO, and the other not sure he is coming by, my wife is making me a favorite dinner. Pretty typical Sunday night. (Although, I am getting away with watching the US Open.)

Talked to my fathers today. My eldest stopped by for a couple hours. Talked to the younger two. Caught up on the forums.

Opened the Dry Creek Vineyards 2005 Taylor's Vineyard Musque. Really yummy juice!

Wine and Sailing: mother nature's conversation with man.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Tiger just Birdied the 18th to force a playoff for the US Open tomorrow.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
polarbear22 wrote:Thanks for the info. I will check it out on the web, when I am a little more functional.

Cant' go wrong with The Big Green Egg. really decent smoker.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
bhodilee wrote:I ahve learned this, if you wait for an "occasion" you'll never do anything. You woke up this morning, thta's occasion enough.

amen to that (for most things in life), brother, amen to that.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

themostrighteous

MarkDaSpark wrote:Tiger just Birdied the 18th to force a playoff for the US Open tomorrow.

that was most awesome. and i just realized that the US Open is the only major to play off a full 18 holes. that's even more awesome!

what a weekend for sports. baseball (Cubs take 2 of 3 from the Jays), soccer (ridiculous action all over the Euro 2008 front & first round of qualifiers for South Africa (World Cup) 2010 w/ the US stomping on Barbados 8-0) & golf (Tiger + the oldest who could be a major champion). oh, yeah, and then there's the Celts - Lakers.

REDUNKULOUS i tell ya!

themostrighteous

MarkDaSpark wrote:Tiger just Birdied the 18th to force a playoff for the US Open tomorrow.

OOPS! UDP (unintended double post). well, Sparky, it WAS just that AWESOME!!!

MarkDaSpark

themostrighteous wrote:that was most awesome. and i just realized that the US Open is the only major to play off a full 18 holes. that's even more awesome!

what a weekend for sports. baseball (Cubs take 2 of 3 from the Jays), soccer (ridiculous action all over the Euro 2008 front & first round of qualifiers for South Africa (World Cup) 2010 w/ the US stomping on Barbados 8-0) & golf (Tiger + the oldest guy who could be a major champion). oh, yeah, and then there's the Celts - Lakers.

REDUNKULOUS i tell ya!

No wonder you are catching up! Double Posting!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Checking back after eating, watching some tv, showering, doing a load of laundry, and all that jazz. Quite pub tonight, I'm gonna actually go to bed before midnight and get some rest. My late night of beach v-ball is tomorrow, so I'm gonna need it.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

Drinking the rest of my 2005 Concannon PS LR. Not feeling the love from it that I have had from other PS's.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
MarkDaSpark wrote:Drinking the rest of my 2005 Concannon PS LR. Not feeling the love from it that I have had from other PS's.

You might have just gotten a bad bottle. Every one of that I've had has been sublime.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Checking back after eating, watching some tv, showering, doing a load of laundry, and all that jazz. Quite pub tonight, I'm gonna actually go to bed before midnight and get some rest. My late night of beach v-ball is tomorrow, so I'm gonna need it.

Yeah I think I"m gonna turn in. No one will be mad if I don't get the new labrat heading up at 1AM sharp, right? I mean, no one knows who rats are til tuesday anyway. So. Yeah.

OH that reminds me. I'll be away next week (starting this coming saturday), so I'm gonna need someone to perform the ratly duties of posting a new heading and getting the reports pulled in. Not sure how often I'll be checking in, but I will make sure I get on at some point to link to the heading from the top post.

G'night folks, enjoy the midnight feeding frenzy!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Originally popped my 1999 Chaddsford Merican but woefully discovered that this wine was past its prime. So I used it to marinate my steak and to deglaze the pan (it wasn't vinegar or anything, just had lost its body as I'd been warned by the winemaker was probable by now). The aroma was off the hook with big notes of cedar and cassis, and the tannins were still there, but the flavor on the palate had just disappeared. Was like drinking a great-smelling wood water.

For the wine instead I had the 2002 Opolo Rhapsody which was a very good substitution. Really full-bodied aroma, good color, and nice meaty mouthfeel. So good I called a friend over so I wouldn't have to leave any overnight.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux