tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
jwhite6114 wrote:Let that be a lesson to you. Don't leave.

Edit: Speaking of never leaving, anyone see Sharky?

I'm going to hate seeing how far behind I am on Sunday...going to Baltimore in 5 hours. At least I'll have something to keep me awake at work Sunday night.

Edit: Top...I mean Wine

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tommythecat78 wrote:Magical land of beer and cheese, yes, whole state shuts down at like 8pm though.

So it's like Nebraska, except we don't have beer and cheese. We eat our cows, we don't milk them.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

I like cats also, havnt figured out if they go better with red , white or Rose

bhodilee

ERMD wrote:I like cats also, havnt figured out if they go better with red , white or Rose

Muscat of course

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

what y'all drinking tonight?

i'm pairing up a monstrous rack o' lamb w/ a 2005 Laurel Glen Malbec Vale La Pena (Argentina, Mendoza). curious to see what it's like in light of the few CT reviews. will soitantly report back here!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
themostrighteous wrote:agreed. very curious. please post your impressions.

will do!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
jwhite6114 wrote:Let that be a lesson to you. Don't leave.

Edit: Speaking of never leaving, anyone see Sharky?

Was busy putting a new chair together. Owning your own business isn't always fun. Just mostly ....

Edit: Why? Ya miss me? (JW=)

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ERMD wrote:I like cats also, havnt figured out if they go better with red , white or Rose

I like cats. Properly prepared, they're very tasty! Tastes like chicken.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
themostrighteous wrote:what y'all drinking tonight?

i'm pairing up a monstrous rack o' lamb w/ a 2005 Laurel Glen Malbec Vale La Pena (Argentina, Mendoza). curious to see what it's like in light of the few CT reviews. will soitantly report back here!

I am going to finish the Stained Tooth Syrah, a bit reluctantly. Actually, I am only reluctant because I want to try the Ty Caton Field Blend, tonight (travel shock be damned, as someone already said). I could just skip the Syrah, but I hate to waste a whole half of a bottle, and if I open a new bottle before the last one was gone the chances of it being wasted go from about 20% to at least 80%. It is the weekend, though, so I will still get my chance at the Ty Caton. Maybe even tonight!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:I like cats. Properly prepared, they're very tasty! Tastes like children.

Now see, I misread that the first time and though you said chicken.

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:Now see, I misread that the first time and though you said chicken.

Hey, hey, hey! No far changing it from chicken to children. I'm not the one registered under Megan's Law .... remember?

Edit: wine

And you got me! I had to go back and check to make sure I really did type chicken! Bad JW. Bad, bad JW!

tommythecat78

themostrighteous wrote:what y'all drinking tonight?

I did my drinking this morning...finished off the Chateau Rozier from CWWT. Held up nicely, smoothed out a bit. Lost some of the "mustiness" on the nose, but the fruit stayed with it. I imagine it could have gone another day or two before it started to get flabby.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

tommythecat78

jwhite6114 wrote:I am going to finish the Stained Tooth Syrah, a bit reluctantly. Actually, I am only reluctant because I want to try the Ty Caton Field Blend, tonight (travel shock be damned, as someone already said). I could just skip the Syrah, but I hate to waste a whole half of a bottle, and if I open a new bottle before the last one was gone the chances of it being wasted go from about 20% to at least 80%. It is the weekend, though, so I will still get my chance at the Ty Caton. Maybe even tonight!

Like you said, its the weekend, why stop at 1 bottle??

themostrighteous

tommythecat78 wrote:I did my drinking this morning...finished off the Chateau Rozier from CWWT. Held up nicely, smoothed out a bit. Lost some of the "mustiness" on the nose, but the fruit stayed with it. I imagine it could have gone another day or two before it started to get flabby.

that's YOUNG Bordeaux for you. that WAS a nice wine at that price point. just curious: how did you preserve it? vacuvin or not? room temp or reefer?

tommythecat78

themostrighteous wrote:that's YOUNG Bordeaux for you. that WAS a nice wine at that price point. just curious: how did you preserve it? vacuvin or not? room temp or reefer?

Just corked at room temp. Room temp. was about 66-68.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
jwhite6114 wrote:Damn it! Now I need to order a new Rosetta Stone kit. I knew I shouldn't have trusted those llamas! I told them you were Columbian, but they assured me that you were from a town that spoke Portuguese. I thought it weird, but hey, what are you gonna do?

He's the Colombian. I'm the Columbian.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Loweeel

Tonight is Costco's amazing frozen salmon burgers on low-carb pita with leftover black olive tapenade (thanks WD).

Consumed with McClean Vineyards 2006 Paso Robles Syrah Rose (aged 2 mo. in neutral oak). Delicious berries. It's ice cold and very refreshing.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

ERMD

Im having 2008 riptide rush from gatorade. Had 2 doubleshots for dinner along with standard hospital garb(not sure what it was;could have been cat).

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hey, hey, hey! No far changing it from chicken to children. I'm not the one registered under Megan's Law .... remember?

Edit: wine

And you got me! I had to go back and check to make sure I really did type chicken! Bad JW. Bad, bad JW!

Yeah ... that was a guud wun.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

ERMD wrote:Im having 2008 riptide rush from gatorade. Had 2 doubleshots for dinner along with standard hospital garb(not sure what it was;could have been cat).

What'd you pay for that cat? Was it free?

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:What'd you pay for that cat? Was it free?

Roadkill .... yum.

bhodilee

themostrighteous wrote:vacuvin or not? room temp or reefer?

All I need today is some cups and some swishers.

We'll see if anyone gets the reference

ERMD

jwhite6114 wrote:What'd you pay for that cat? Was it free?

They stopped all free food/drinks. Cost containment. And you want me to come to what bogus hospital meeting on my day off for what

MarkDaSpark

Off to walk the dog for the last time. My sis & family arrive home tonight from their 3 week cruise. Now the question is do they stay overnight to celebrate Father's Day tomorrow, or do we have to drive up to her house in Ventura on Sunday? Don't ask why.

themostrighteous

tommythecat78 wrote:Just corked at room temp. Room temp. was about 66-68.

DAH-YAM!!! that is what seriously well-made juice can do in its youth. DAH-YAM!!!

themostrighteous

Loweeel wrote:He's the Colombian. I'm the Columbian.

yeah. and you don't want to get us mixed up. don't you know that we're both PSychotic?!?

themostrighteous

bhodilee wrote:All I need today is some cups and some swishers.

not me. not a clue. so???

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:All I need today is some cups and some swishers.

These Cups?

swishers?

Or where you labratted the late offering?

Edit: Ok, now I'm outta here ..... wine

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

Ok, kids... need some quick suggestions. Like in the next 30 min.

Pizza and red wine "chillin, drinkin, and watching movies night" with two friends who are predominately white drinkers. But with pizza, I'm demanding we drink reds. I want to take a variety, which will include the Polyphemus magnum. Other than that... any input on the following (keep in mind that I want VARIETY):

Penfolds 2001 Bin 28
Penfolds 2003 Bin 28
Twisted Oak Grenache
Twisted Oak *%&@!
Dusted Valley Syrah
Wellington 2003 Cuveé R Syrah

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

Loweeel

eric9tx wrote:Ok, kids... need some quick suggestions. Like in the next 30 min.

Pizza and red wine "chillin, drinkin, and watching movies night" with two friends who are predominately white drinkers. But with pizza, I'm demanding we drink reds. I want to take a variety, which will include the Polyphemus magnum. Other than that... any input on the following (keep in mind that I want VARIETY):

Penfolds 2001 Bin 28
Penfolds 2003 Bin 28
Twisted Oak Grenache
Twisted Oak *%&@!
Dusted Valley Syrah
Wellington 2003 Cuveé R Syrah

Grenache, I think.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:These Cups?

swishers?

Or where you labratted the late offering?

Edit: Ok, now I'm outta here ..... wine

Triple No. We shall play the game a little further.

bhodilee

Loweeel wrote:Grenache, I think.

Agreed, though if he's gonna watch Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels as I've demanded he should take the *%&@!

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
bhodilee wrote:Agreed, though if he's gonna watch Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels as I've demanded he should take the *%&@!

Based on the title, I don't think that would go over very well with this crowd tonight. Plus I don't own it, so that would be an extra stop.

So... Grenache and what else?

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

bhodilee

eric9tx wrote:Based on the title, I don't think that would go over very well with this crowd tonight. Plus I don't own it, so that would be an extra stop.

Sad that, I'm gonna watch Hot Fuzz tonight (same guys as Shaun of the Dead sickos). Haven't seen it but loved Shaun of the Dead.

Loweeel

HAK -- the LA Cetto is pretty damn good. Especially for that price. Super-ripe plums, black pepper, dark chocolate, nice structure.

Pick some up for yourself.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

themostrighteous

eric9tx wrote:Based on the title, I don't think that would go over very well with this crowd tonight. Plus I don't own it, so that would be an extra stop.

just Grenache & the Polyphemos, unless you have some of the Noceto Sangioveses (excellent pizza wines those).

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
MarkDaSpark wrote:See, this is what happens when you are late to the partay. CJ had said one of her fiends was engaged to a burly tough soldier. So when I (or they) walked in, I asked which one was engaged, as "I must avert my eyes from her". Lisa pretended at first to not be engaged, but Rebecca and CJ "reminded" her about it.

OK, now that I'm finally home and on-line, I can answer this one. Do you remember in Moonstruck, what Cher says to both Danny Aiello and Nick Cage when they propose... "Where's the ring?" Well, that's the situation.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
jwhite6114 wrote:Same here -- my parents were both OR RN's as I grew up (Dad still is, Mom changed carriers and is now an Episcopalian minister). I see folks get queasy when someone talks about "gross" stuff while eating, but with all the stories I heard at the dinner table while growing up there is nothing that can be said to make me lose my appetite. Very little that you could show, either. Smell, on the other hand, may still be too much -- I was never actually inthe OR; stories and visuals can only prepare you for so much.

JW..

My step father in law (ok, I guess I can say father in law) is an Episcopalian Minister here in Culpeper. Cool that your mom opted out of nursing when she realized it was time.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I am a bit tipsy. We had dinner at It's About Thyme, here in Culpeper. Too much wine. Albarino and then Cabernet.

While we were shopping this afternoon, we found a bright spot. Frenchman's Corner had a spot last time that was coffee and Belgian Chocolate. Not bad in and of itself, but now there is an adjacent space that has wine, beer and some cheese. Joel was impressed with the beer collection. The wine collection, tho small was varied (I spied Amarone) and some good looking Rose. The wine/beer dude was a joy to talk to, and of course I had to share the wine.woot love. Of course we had to purchase!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Loweeel

hey so I am going to be pathetic.

the GF just broke up with me. And I just had a bottle and a half of wine. So I am going to go be pathetic by myself. And drink more wine. And be misogynistic because I am super picky and I don't even know why I am posting but I have nothing else to do. And holy Manos, the Hands of Fate I am really drunk.

And I will probably delete this in the morning when I am sober (yes, I'm a bottle and half down, but how bout those frakking typing skills, folks!?!?!) but holy Manos, the Hands of Fate I feel like death that's been freezer-burnt and then microwaved. I'm getting too old for this Manos, the Hands of Fate. I just want to be done with this whole goddamn mess and find a girl who meets my impossibly and unreasonably high standards who's a little bit stable please k thx bai.

Please accept my apologies for said drunken ranting and typing, however orthographically accurate it may be.

ugh. ugh, ugh, ugh.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

Loweeel

AND I HATE MANOS GODDAMN HANDS OF frakking FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS THE MOST GODDAMN infatuated FILTER IN WOOTISTORY.

That is all. We now return to your regularly-scheduled double entendres/line-pushing.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path