themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
jwhite6114 wrote:Damn it! Now I need to order a new Rosetta Stone kit. I knew I shouldn't have trusted those llamas! I told them you were Columbian, but they assured me that you were from a town that spoke Portuguese. I thought it weird, but hey, what are you gonna do?

never EVER trust a talking llama. nor people who spell Colombian w/ a U. SHEEESH!!!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
eric9tx wrote:Yet another of the big, square-ish states.

Uh, Nebraska is about as square as Texas ;)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Cesare

quality posts: 1558 Private Messages Cesare
jwhite6114 wrote:Hahaha -- yeah, OK ... It's less than 100% increase though ... and less than 50% if you're going the other way (start from the $22.80).

Damned numbers people -- they're everywhere!

Wait. You're the guy that came up with the deal spreadsheet (thank you btw) so you're one of them! Maybe you should have crunched those percentages in a spreadsheet to get it right.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bhodilee

clayfu wrote:In case anyone is curious....

Larry schaffer from Epiphany has released his own wines. Tercero Wines.. Rhone style blends and the such. Santa Barbara/Central coast are putting out some sick rhone style wines nowadays.

http://www.tercerowines.com/purchase

I'm going to a tasting tomorrow, i'll let you know how they are =)

Hmmmm, I have not opened an Ephiphany yet, theyr'e one of the I have no clue where they are orders.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

themostrighteous

eric9tx wrote:http://rightmoment.blogspot.com/Pics/free%20cat.jpg

oh... my... god...

that is the FUNNIEST picture i have seen in easily one thousand years!!!

and, dearest cheron, i know, i know, it is cruel if you stop & think about it. but it is the very extreme improbability of such cruelty in actuality that makes this so rib-achingly funny. truly.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!

bhodilee

themostrighteous wrote:oh... my... god...

and, dearest cheron, i know, i know, it is cruel if you stop & think about it. but it is the very extreme improbability of such cruelty in actuality that makes this so rib-achingly funny. truly.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!

Yeah, I'm a cat person, animal person actually, and even I kinda chuckled at that. Though it's frakked up ;)

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Larry schaffer from Epiphany has released his own wines. Tercero Wines.. Rhone style blends and the such. Santa Barbara/Central coast are putting out some sick rhone style wines nowadays.

Thanks Clay! Given his participation here last time, I won't be surprised to see his wine show up at some point. Will be great to already know your thoughts when it does.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

themostrighteous wrote:never EVER trust a talking llama. nor people who spell Colombian w/ a U. SHEEESH!!!

Oh! You mean your from the COUNTRY, not the South Carolina city. Now it is starting to all make sense.

CT | | | | | |

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
bhodilee wrote:And you're closer to Jersey!

What does Jersey have to do with anything? There's nothing all that special about Jersey.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bhodilee

HitAnyKey42 wrote:What does Jersey have to do with anything? There's nothing all that special about Jersey.

She's from Jersey, and I think the brothers 2 would disagree with you

themostrighteous

Cesare wrote:Were you watching the games?! Friggin Italy.... 1-1. They'll never make it in now. And this Dutch-France match is almost over. France is losing 4-1 ha ha.

no, haven't caught 'em yet, but TiVo's got my back. can't say i'm surprised at the outcomes though. as for Italy, they are much like the Yankees, insofar as they fielded a squad of great players a lot of whom are past their prime (and, no, that wasn't a cheap shot, L, just a realistic observation). as for the Netherlands, well, you may recall...

themostrighteous wrote:Portugal? most definitely - though their defense is somewhat lackluster. France? highly unlikely - everything about them in their first game was lackluster. more likely contenders according to the brackets include the Dutch (though, again, iffy defense) & the Spanish (who were just RIDICULOUS in picking Russia apart 4-1). can you imagine an all-Iberian final?!?

now, i have nothing against the French, especially when it comes to wine. but, futbollistically-speaking, Zidane's behavior in the 2006 WC Final rubbed me so fundamentally the wrong way that i will de facto root for anyone who is playing them. and i'm willing to bet that i'm not the only one.

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

I think he had some at the Wine Cask in Santa Barbara. Let me know what you think

themostrighteous

cheron98 wrote:Oh yours are quite safe. It's only tommy's that are in any danger.

but for the presence of my prior reference to KRPS, i could have taken that response in many directions - oh so many...

bhodilee

themostrighteous wrote:now, i have nothing against the French, especially when it comes to wine. but, futbollistically-speaking, Zidane's behavior in the 2006 WC Final rubbed me so fundamentally the wrong way that i will de facto root for anyone who is playing them. and i'm willing to bet that i'm not the only one.

Ya know what, you are so right. You're in the WC Final. He coulda shown Zidane pics of him paying his sister in exchange for carnal acts and Zidane should have funneled his anger into his play. Had it been Jordan he woulda dropped 50 on him in five minutes.

themostrighteous

jwhite6114 wrote:Thanks Clay! Given his participation here last time, I won't be surprised to see his wine show up at some point. Will be great to already know your thoughts when it does.

agreed. very curious. please post your impressions.

themostrighteous

jwhite6114 wrote:Oh! You mean your from the COUNTRY, not the South Carolina city. Now it is starting to all make sense.

they speak Portuguese in South Carolina?!? i mean, i know they call it the Deep South & everything, but that's just ridiculous. really.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
themostrighteous wrote:oh... my... god...

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!

insert into horrible_people_table (name, offense)
values ('themostrighteous','For laughing at the horrible cat picture.');
commit;

select name from horrible_people_table;

NAME
---------------------------
themostrighteous
ERMD
eric9tx

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:She's from Jersey, and I think the brothers 2 would disagree with you

FROM Jersey. Living in Michigan. And he's right. That's why I left.

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:but for the presence of my prior reference to KRPS, i could have taken that response in many directions - oh so many...

Yeah that seems to be my general problem around here. Everything I say ends up being a double entendre somehow.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
bhodilee wrote:Yeah, I'm a cat person, animal person actually, and even I kinda chuckled at that. Though it's frakked up ;)

I'm definitely an animal person. When i was a kid, my family was involved in a zoo outreach program. I've hand-raised literally hundreds of orphaned or abandoned baby bunnies and birds, along with squirrels, opossums (is that the plural?), and other assorted critters. However, I am not nor will I EVER be a "cat person."

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

jwhite6114

Had to share ... saw this on my way home from work today. Hope you can read the slogan on the right side.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Cesare wrote:Wait. You're the guy that came up with the deal spreadsheet (thank you btw) so you're one of them! Maybe you should have crunched those percentages in a spreadsheet to get it right.

Damned paying-attention people! Always gettin' me in trouble.

On a diff topic, really enjoying the new Weezer album. Tracks 1-4 are cool. After that they kinda jumble together and nothing else stands out yet, but starting to dig them, too.

Edit: Wine.

CT | | | | | |

Cesare

jwhite6114 wrote:Had to share ... saw this on my way home from work today. Hope you can read the slogan on the right side.

Can't make it out.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bhodilee

eric9tx wrote:I'm definitely an animal person. When i was a kid, my family was involved in a zoo outreach program. I've hand-raised literally hundreds of orphaned or abandoned baby bunnies and birds, along with squirrels, opossums (is that the plural?), and other assorted critters. However, I am not nor will I EVER be a "cat person."

Cats are kinda like me, dont' like very many people and don't care what others think. I respect that about them.

themostrighteous

jwhite6114 wrote:Had to share ... saw this on my way home from work today. Hope you can read the slogan on the right side.

nope. blurry under magnification. pray do tell.

eric9tx

wine

I squinted really hard and still can't read it.

wine

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

Cesare

themostrighteous wrote:now, i have nothing against the French, especially when it comes to wine. but, futbollistically-speaking, Zidane's behavior in the 2006 WC Final rubbed me so fundamentally the wrong way that i will de facto root for anyone who is playing them. and i'm willing to bet that i'm not the only one.

bhodilee wrote:Ya know what, you are so right. You're in the WC Final. He coulda shown Zidane pics of him paying his sister in exchange for carnal acts and Zidane should have funneled his anger into his play. Had it been Jordan he woulda dropped 50 on him in five minutes.

France=good wine, bad soccer (1998 notwithstanding).

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

themostrighteous

cheron98 wrote:insert into horrible_people_table (name, offense)
values ('themostrighteous','For laughing at the horrible cat picture.');
commit;

select name from horrible_people_table;

NAME
---------------------------
themostrighteous
ERMD
eric9tx

so, fair to say that, "mine are no longer safe"?

jwhite6114

themostrighteous wrote:they speak Portuguese in South Carolina?!? i mean, i know they call it the Deep South & everything, but that's just ridiculous. really.

Could be Greek, I suppose. It's all the same to me.

(looking around to see whom I have offended now -- other than Laura's Savannah visit we don't have too many Southerners here, I think. And ERMD doesn't count because he's from up north, and FL is not a real state ... more a wild territory in which people are temporarily residing).

CT | | | | | |

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Jeez you guys are prolific...I was gone for like an hour and a half...catchin' up.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:so, fair to say that, "mine are no longer safe"?

oh no, tommy's are in danger for an entirely different reason. just being a horrible person doesn't mean i'm going to threaten your wine

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Jeez you guys are prolific...I was gone for like an hour and a half...catchin' up.

It's Friday. We're trying to not work.

jwhite6114

themostrighteous wrote:nope. blurry under magnification. pray do tell.

It was a truck from Vienna Septic Systems. The slogan was "#1 in the #2 business".

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

tommythecat78 wrote:Jeez you guys are prolific...I was gone for like an hour and a half...catchin' up.

Let that be a lesson to you. Don't leave.

Edit: Speaking of never leaving, anyone see Sharky?

CT | | | | | |

eric9tx

cheron98 wrote:It's Friday. We're trying to not work.

The boss has already left to go fishing, and there are 6 bottles of Twisted Oak and 3 Dry Creeks here in my office. Mighty tempting!!!

213 wooted bottles

CT

cheron98

eric9tx wrote:The boss has already left to go fishing, and there are 6 bottles of Twisted Oak and 3 Dry Creeks here in my office. Mighty tempting!!!

Yeah I"m leaving to go partake in some rattery See y'all later!

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:I'm the queen of excuses! I can rationalize anything. Except for maybe tommy's fangs... I'm officially afraid of him now...

Afraid enough to leave my KRPS alone?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

tommythecat78

bhodilee wrote:So you both just expect me to believe there's this magical land of Beer and Cheese? Riiiiiiggghhhhtttttt...

Magical land of beer and cheese, yes, whole state shuts down at like 8pm though.

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Yeah that seems to be my general problem around here. Everything I say ends up being a double entendre somehow.

Double...try triple and quadruple...

eric9tx

cheron98 wrote:Yeah I"m leaving to go partake in some rattery See y'all later!

frak it. I'm outta here too. *insert whistle and "yabba dabba doo" here* Gotta go chill the new juice a bit. Travel shock be damned!

213 wooted bottles

CT