cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tommythecat78 wrote:She will try and get it from you...she will even say that I told her to get it for me...not true...she is devious that one...



*gasp* I am injured! I'm perfectly innocent! Why, I cannot imagine why you would ever say such a thing about me!

Besides, I may joke about it, but I would NEVER come between a man and his wine. Or a woman and her wine. Or a cat and its litterbox.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Now I'm in the mood for one and don't have one. Thanks a lot!



Yeah well at least you're in NY where you can get them on like every corner. I have to create my own from the pathetic excuses for pastrami I can find around here. Tho TJs has some good stuff.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
cheron98 wrote:*gasp* I am injured! I'm perfectly innocent! Why, I cannot imagine why you would ever say such a thing about me!

Besides, I may joke about it, but I would NEVER come between a man and his wine. Or a woman and her wine. Or a cat and its litterbox.


Suuuure...lull me into a false sense of security so I will let my guard down...I don't think so!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Are you still on dial-up? Using a 14.4 modem?



llo. No, I'm at work. Guess I'll have to wait til I get home as the network here blocks all sorts of things that stream video or sound, so that's probably what's happening. Which is also why I'm always annoyed when ya'll post youtube videos, since I can't watch them and forget by the time I get home.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

JudyL1118


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JudyL1118
jwhite6114 wrote:It's all the yungin's. No sense of decency anymore. Pant's parties; named body parts; kidnapping plans. Oh, and Sharky of course.

It's appaling. Truly appaling.



Awesome! Since I was initially involved in this group due to a kidnapping JOKE, I get to be considered a yungin'? I could use all the help I can get, so please assure me that I look every bit as young as 25! And sometimes act it, too.

Who hides behind that wine.woot user name?
Please post a quick bio on Getting to Know You
Join us on Facebook, too!

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
JudyL1118 wrote:Awesome! Since I was initially involved in this group due to a kidnapping JOKE, I get to be considered a yungin'? I could use all the help I can get, so please assure me that I look every bit as young as 25! And sometimes act it, too.


I would have guessed 22-23 myself.

Edit: Joke...riiiiiight
Edit again: wine

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

eric9tx


quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
cheron98 wrote:*gasp* I am injured! I'm perfectly innocent! Why, I cannot imagine why you would ever say such a thing about me!

Besides, I may joke about it, but I would NEVER come between a man and his wine. Or a woman and her wine. Or a cat and its litterbox.



My thoughts on cats:

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
eric9tx wrote:My thoughts on cats:



THAT'S TERRIBLE!!!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
eric9tx wrote:Not yet. Ya gotta give me thru the weekend at least. Trying to have a life here but it's not working out well. Worst of all, today is payday for the hourly employees, so I've had a constant parade of these poop-throwing monkeys in and out of my office all morning.

Actual conversation with one:
Him: (looking at his paycheck) "what's this...? um... gur... ger... german?"
Me: "Garnishment?"
Him: "Yeah, I guess."
Me: "How many kids are you supposed to pay child support on?"
Him: "Four. No, five"
Me: "That's your answer."

Ok, I guess the actual worst part is that I've got like 4 pages of seemingly hilarious or at least mildly entertaining posts on which to catch up.

edit: wine. I need some NOW!!!
edit2: I've got 9 bottles on a UPS truck supposed to be delivered today. Almost noon and nearly 90 degrees already. Group prayer for my juice? Thanks.
edit3: is there sound with the telemarketer thing? I just get text.



I would be fired from your job, the first thing out of my mouth would have been, You're a frakking WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! aren't you? Where's the machine that reminds you to breathe every couple seconds?

You've all seen those troglodytes, the genetic inferiors, that just randomly gasp as though they've forgotten to breathe. I love watching those folk, and living in Nebraska I get plenty of opportunity. My God though, you should have seen the collection of genetic deficients at Wal-Mart (natch) in Rapid City, SD. Scary.

Dude, cat thing, little over the top.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
bhodilee wrote:I would be fired from your job, the first thing out of my mouth would have been, You're a frakking WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! aren't you? Where's the machine that reminds you to breathe every couple seconds?

You've all seen those troglodytes, the genetic inferiors, that just randomly gasp as though they've forgotten to breathe. I love watching those folk, and living in Nebraska I get plenty of opportunity. My God though, you should have seen the collection of genetic deficients at Wal-Mart (natch) in Rapid City, SD. Scary.

Dude, cat thing, little over the top.


Can't...stop...laughing...troglodytes...I have used that word for a long time and I don't even know where I got it from.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

crusaderRabbit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crusaderRabbit
tommythecat78 wrote:14.4 or 2400? Ahhh baud rate...that takes me back...



High speed; I remember 300 baud teletype. And, yes I did use one once but waited for the 1200 baud fast modems before I stepped into the remote workspace. Also coded on 80 byte punched card (don't drop the deck). Memories of a simpler time.

Wine.

Wine and Sailing: mother nature's conversation with man.

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
JudyL1118 wrote:Awesome! Since I was initially involved in this group due to a kidnapping JOKE, I get to be considered a yungin'? I could use all the help I can get, so please assure me that I look every bit as young as 25! And sometimes act it, too.



Glad you caught that Judy!! ;) If you told us you weren't 25 we wouldn't believe you.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
bhodilee wrote:Dude, cat thing, little over the top.



Says who? That was classic! Right up there with this one:

CT | | | | | |

eric9tx


quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
bhodilee wrote:I would be fired from your job, the first thing out of my mouth would have been, You're a frakking WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! aren't you? Where's the machine that reminds you to breathe every couple seconds?

You've all seen those troglodytes, the genetic inferiors, that just randomly gasp as though they've forgotten to breathe. I love watching those folk, and living in Nebraska I get plenty of opportunity. My God though, you should have seen the collection of genetic deficients at Wal-Mart (natch) in Rapid City, SD. Scary.

Dude, cat thing, little over the top.



I tried to institue a sterilization program but HR nixed that idea.

edit: Dry Creek AND Twisted Oak (x2) just showed up. Not too warm but nowhere near cool either. No obvious signs of trauma.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
jwhite6114 wrote:Says who? That was classic! Right up there with this one:



Can't take much more...note to self...stay away from boards after I have been up for 16+ hrs.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
crusaderRabbit wrote:High speed; I remember 300 baud teletype. And, yes I did use one once but waited for the 1200 baud fast modems before I stepped into the remote workspace. Also coded on 80 byte punched card (don't drop the deck). Memories of a simpler time.

Wine.


My first Customer Service job was for CompuServe and I had to explain to people that upgrading from 2400bps to 9600bps also meant that their hourly rate would go from $12.80/hr to $22.80/hr because it was so much faster. If you think about it though, it was less than a 50% increase in cost for 400% increase in speed! Yessir!

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
jwhite6114 wrote:Says who? That was classic! Right up there with this one:



Send those two to oppsie's house.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

EDIT:



My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
HitAnyKey42 wrote:EDIT:

Big Pic of wine swirling in a [wd] decanter



Very nice !

CT | | | | | |

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
HitAnyKey42 wrote:EDIT:





*single tear* ITS BEAUTIFUL!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Well folks...time to shower and head off to work...catch up wit'chall later

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

crusaderRabbit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crusaderRabbit
bhodilee wrote:I would be fired from your job, the first thing out of my mouth would have been, You're a frakking WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! aren't you? Where's the machine that reminds you to breathe every couple seconds?

You've all seen those troglodytes, the genetic inferiors, that just randomly gasp as though they've forgotten to breathe. I love watching those folk, and living in Nebraska I get plenty of opportunity. My God though, you should have seen the collection of genetic deficients at Wal-Mart (natch) in Rapid City, SD. Scary.

Dude, cat thing, little over the top.




I had to look this up in my reference to make sure I quoted correctly:

Mr. Cole’s Axiom –
The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

“Murphy’s Law and other reasons whey things go wrong”, Arthur Bloch.

Wine and Sailing: mother nature's conversation with man.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
jwhite6114 wrote:My first Customer Service job was for CompuServe and I had to explain to people that upgrading from 2400bps to 9600bps also meant that their hourly rate would go from $12.80/hr to $22.80/hr because it was so much faster. If you think about it though, it was less than a 50% increase in cost for 400% increase in speed! Yessir!



No shock here, but my first customer service job lasted about 4 hours before I realized it wasn't for me. Then I worked as a cashier, which was worse and better. I used to go to the Vietnamese place around the corner and get Garlic Beef and come back and ask every customer, hhhhhhiiiiiii, hhhhhow are yyyyyyou today? Loved watching them recoil from my breath. Evil? yeah probably.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
crusaderRabbit wrote:I had to look this up in my reference to make sure I quoted correctly:

Mr. Cole’s Axiom –
The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

“Murphy’s Law and other reasons whey things go wrong”, Arthur Bloch.



Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? Has anyone else seen it? It's rapidly becoming one of my favorite movies if for no other reason the first sequence is hilarious. The whole thing is hilarious actually.

Tx you may identify more with that than Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Watch both.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
bhodilee wrote:Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? Has anyone else seen it? It's rapidly becoming one of my favorite movies if for no other reason the first sequence is hilarious. The whole thing is hilarious actually.

Tx you may identify more with that than Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Watch both.


BRAWNDO...Its got electrolytes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*scurries off to shower*

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

crusaderRabbit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crusaderRabbit
jwhite6114 wrote:My first Customer Service job was for CompuServe and I had to explain to people that upgrading from 2400bps to 9600bps also meant that their hourly rate would go from $12.80/hr to $22.80/hr because it was so much faster. If you think about it though, it was less than a 50% increase in cost for 400% increase in speed! Yessir!



I remember that deal! I was glad I didn't have to try to 'splain it to the population as a whole.

Wine and Sailing: mother nature's conversation with man.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tommythecat78 wrote: BRAWNDO...Its got electrolytes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*scurries off to shower*



And it's got what plants crave.

Holy carp, I have to own BRAWNDO. I will end up divorced as the DW always groans when I start watching the movie on HBO

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

eric9tx


quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

[quote postid="2312365" user="HitAnyKey42"]EDIT:
>decanter pic<

SEXY!!!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

eric9tx


quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
bhodilee wrote:Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? Has anyone else seen it? It's rapidly becoming one of my favorite movies if for no other reason the first sequence is hilarious. The whole thing is hilarious actually.

Tx you may identify more with that than Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Watch both.



Love that flick! And yes, definitely reminds me of the oil field "hands" I am forced to employ and endure.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

Lighter


quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
cheron98 wrote:I shudder to think why you know this.


(Thanks - folks - for the other SB suggestions.)
I don't claim cat pee. Blame Peter. But once he typed that I've not been able to sip at a SB without that memory.

Yes, I do have cats and pretty much know what is up with cat pee mixed with kitty litter. And other stuff.

oppsie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
cheron98 wrote:Wow. I had forgotten how much I missed a good hot pastrami sandwich... Mmmm....



I must know where it came from so that I can tell you where you should have gotten from instead.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
oppsie wrote:I must know where it came from so that I can tell you where you should have gotten from instead.



I created it myself. Got myself some pastrami from TJs, and made myself a sammich. I just can't remember now if there's supposed to be sauerkraut with it or not. I didn't. But something tells me there should've been. But I think I'm just thinking of a reuben.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

oppsie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
bhodilee wrote:Send those two to oppsie's house.



post haste!

Actually, they have been hiding since the nasty storms last weekend. Hopefully they were washed away, although I haven't seen any bodies. Yet.

oppsie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
cheron98 wrote:I created it myself. Got myself some pastrami from TJs, and made myself a sammich. I just can't remember now if there's supposed to be sauerkraut with it or not. I didn't. But something tells me there should've been. But I think I'm just thinking of a reuben.



You need to visit Star Deli on 12 mile and Telegraph. You will thank me.

ERMD


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
eric9tx wrote:My thoughts on cats:


Ok so I made a full picture of this and is now hanging in the ED. Damn That sheets funny

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
oppsie wrote:You need to visit Star Deli on 12 mile and Telegraph. You will thank me.



But that's like ... WAY out there. All the way down there. Out there. And stuff.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ERMD wrote:Ok so I made a full picture of this and is now hanging in the ED. Damn That sheets funny



You are also a horrible person.

List of horrible people:
eric9tx
ERMD

HORRIBLE!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

eric9tx


quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
cheron98 wrote:You are also a horrible person.

List of horrible people:
eric9tx
ERMD

HORRIBLE!



* high-fives ERMD * or should we do the Obama fist-bump thingy?

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

ERMD


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
eric9tx wrote:* high-fives ERMD * or should we do the Obama fist-bump thingy?


And just to think, I save lives (or do I). You want SICK humor join me inthe ED

And Thanx Cheron, its from my DETROIT upbringing

oppsie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
cheron98 wrote:But that's like ... WAY out there. All the way down there. Out there. And stuff.



I cannot help you if you won't help yourself! It's all out there for you, ripe for the taking, but you again and again produce excuses as to why you will not take advantage of the gastronomic pleasures to be had in the metro DTW. This makes me sad. But not sad enough to pick up a sandwich and drive it out to you.

Technically you could definitely get there and back again on your lunch break. Straight shot down 12 mile, no turnarounds necessary (except to get back to work maybe, I forget if your building is on the split part of the road).