+ Add a Comment

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah

Help me figure out what the A and the P stand for...

... and post away, folks!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
PetiteSirah wrote:Help me figure out what the A and the P stand for...

... yeah i couldn't think of anything witty to go along with the wine. And looks like I'll be holding out for a while at least. G'night all, see you in the AM.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

crzycajn70

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crzycajn70

Boasting, Arguing, Silliness, Proselytizing?

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Though I think JudyL may want to pay special attention to this week's description. Are the folks in Wootville trying to give her tips, or are they letting her know that someone's on to her?

Either way, for this interested, here is the link to the spreadsheet for this week's offer. Not as impressive a number this time (hope you ordered more than one set), though shipping is not included in the retail price and this Zin does not appear to be available for sale anywhere else (whatever price you put on it).

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

x-posting since Marky is murky-ing up the main thread already.

MarkDaSpark wrote:You're playing with fire man. And you're gonna get burned ....

Next time I go to NoVA/DC for a wine.woot tasting, Nallie may decide to sneak into my luggage to pay you a visit!

That's what you said last time. And did she show? Nope. Next you're gonna tell me she wants in on the RPM trip, and has decided she'll take my seat on the bus.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

PetiteSirah wrote:Help me figure out what the A and the P stand for...

Where did the BASP come from in the first place?

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
jwhite6114 wrote:Though I think JudyL may want to pay special attention to this week's description. Are the folks in Wootville trying to give her tips, or are they letting her know that someone's on to her?

Either way, for this interested, here is the link to the spreadsheet for this week's offer. Not as impressive a number this time (hope you ordered more than one set), though shipping is not included in the retail price and this Zin does not appear to be available for sale anywhere else (whatever price you put on it).

The 2000 is in their Library Selections, so the 2001 might appear later this year or next year (that is, if we don't buy it all on wine.woot!).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:x-posting since Marky is murky-ing up the main thread already.

That's what you said last time. And did she show? Nope. Next you're gonna tell me she wants in on the RPM trip, and has decided she'll take my seat on the bus.

Who told you???? We have a leak in the system!

And last time, she decided to let you dangle a little more (plus, she could get your seat on the RPM tour).

And you started it on the main thread!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:The 2000 is in their Library Selections, so the 2001 might appear later this year or next year (that is, if we don't buy it all on wine.woot!).

And while the site shows the 2001 priced at $30, the 2004 is $34 on the order form. Maybe this is what SB was referring to when he talked about sleuthing this week.

CT | | | | | |

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
jwhite6114 wrote:Where did the BASP come from in the first place?

Well, WASPs are White by definition. So we have Brown A--- Saxon P----

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie

Clearing throat, tapping mike, "Is this thing on? Whoa, hot mike, hot mike - let's cool the reverb, shall we?" Sparky, I am not the w.w equivalent of El Cucuy. I am either a plain ole exhausted single mom of millions trying to simultaneously tame a foreclosure and get an advanced degree, or a highly paid assassin, or both. In none of the above scenarios does it seem wise to use the threat of my presence in your luggage to cow jw for your personal advantage, at least not more than once. (I know you were actually defending me against murderous charges, not using me to your own advantage, but I thought a healthy dose of outrage was overdue nonetheless.)

My arms hurt in places they have never hurt before, ever. I work out; I'm in reasonably good shape for a woman of my advanced years, but my forearms hurt. A lot. Like it would hurt to push the button on a spray bottle right now. Ow. I sort of flexed the muscle while I was describing it and it made me flinch. That's embarrassing. Apparently, I was not born for this level of yard work. Quick, someone find me a 5 star hotel, and a masseuse (better yet a masseur). What? Expedia says there are none currently available in my price range? Serious? Dang. Well then, night all.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

MarkDaSpark

nallie wrote:Clearing throat, tapping mike, "Is this thing on? Whoa, hot mike, hot mike - let's cool the reverb, shall we?" Sparky, I am not the w.w equivalent of El Cucuy. I am either a plain ole exhausted single mom of millions trying to simultaneously tame a foreclosure and get an advanced degree, or a highly paid assassin, or both. In none of the above scenarios does it seem wise to use the threat of my presence in your luggage to cow jw for your personal advantage, at least not more than once. (I know you were actually defending me against murderous charges, not using me to your own advantage, but I thought a healthy dose of outrage was overdue nonetheless.)

My arms hurt in places they have never hurt before, ever. I work out; I'm in reasonably good shape for a woman of my advanced years, but my forearms hurt. A lot. Like it would hurt to push the button on a spray bottle right now. Ow. I sort of flexed the muscle while I was describing it and it made me flinch. That's embarrassing. Apparently, I was not born for this level of yard work. Quick, someone find me a 5 star hotel, and a masseuse (better yet a masseur). What? Expedia says there are none currently available in my price range? Serious? Dang. Well then, night all.

Yes Mistress. Sorry Mistress. Thank you, may I have another?

And you were the one who suggested it first, if you can remember in your senility ....

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

On sale at Target this week for $139.99 ($60 off regular price).

(This is in no way an endorsement, blah, blah, yackity-smack. Just passing along info posted in the main thread Sunday that will no-doubt get lost this week.)

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

cheron98

JW, you out there? You get my wine? Is it secret? Is it safe? Don't drink it all.... (why yes, I am slightly paranoid)

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:The 2000 is in their Library Selections, so the 2001 might appear later this year or next year (that is, if we don't buy it all on wine.woot!).

Still can't get it today, and as you point out, quantities are limited.

I would have made guess at the price based on the 2000 Library Selection (rather than the original retail price, as this seems surely to be low for a Library Selection or unavailable wine), but I cannot seem to see a price for the 2000 on their site, either.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes Mistress. Sorry Mistress. Thank you, may I have another?

And you were the one who suggested it first, if you can remember in your senility ....

Shazzam! Leveling insults and passing the blame. That's twice, on the I just sneezed all over myself. no less, that you have used the "but you started it" line. See, this is why it's important to eat breakfast. YOU may be busy and too rushed to bother, but now the rest of us have to put up with your pissy attitude. I hope you're feeling better by the time you wake up Monday.

Speaking of breakfast: McDonald's Sausag Egg & Cheese McGriddle. Mmmmmm ... bad bad for you I am sure, but mmmmm ... tasty! I think I need to watch Super Size Me again so I can break the habit/craving.

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:Shazzam! Leveling insults and passing the blame. That's twice, on the I just sneezed all over myself. no less, that you have used the "but you started it" line. See, this is why it's important to eat breakfast. YOU may be busy and too rushed to bother, but now the rest of us have to put up with your pissy attitude. I hope you're feeling better by the time you wake up Monday.

Speaking of breakfast: McDonald's Sausag Egg & Cheese McGriddle. Mmmmmm ... bad bad for you I am sure, but mmmmm ... tasty! I think I need to watch Super Size Me again so I can break the habit/craving.

... first page gets converted to "i just sneezed all over myself"? sometimes the filters are just... weird...

jwhite6114

nallie wrote:My arms hurt in places they have never hurt before, ever. I work out; I'm in reasonably good shape for a woman of my advanced years, but my forearms hurt. A lot. Like it would hurt to push the button on a spray bottle right now. Ow. I sort of flexed the muscle while I was describing it and it made me flinch. That's embarrassing. Apparently, I was not born for this level of yard work. .

[dear] Nallie, I can completely empathize with you. The first time I used a post-hole digger my hands (particularly my thumbs) went beyond pain into complete shut down. I litterally could not even hold a pen the next day at work. My thumbs were still attached, but they did not respond to my brain at all. I was still iin my 20's at the time, too, and much more physically active.

Fortunately, this was a one-time thing and even years later it has not recurred when digging other holes. But Man! that was fierce.

Hope you feel better soon.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:JW, you out there? You get my wine? Is it secret? Is it safe? Don't drink it all.... (why yes, I am slightly paranoid)

Wine? What wine?

Speaking of wine, my TC Field Blend should have arrived Friday. Looking forward to checking it as soon as I get to the office, today. Also, my iTouch should be here this week ... can't wait!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:... first page gets converted to "i just sneezed all over myself"? sometimes the filters are just... weird...

Actually, I DID just sneeze all over myself. I am glad you understood what I meant, though.

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:Wine? What wine?

*glares* Why must people torment me?

jwhite6114 wrote:Actually, I DID just sneeze all over myself. I am glad you understood what I meant, though.

I had to do a reply to see what you'd actually said

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:x-posting since Marky is murky-ing up the main thread already.

I looked, and she said that she was going to do that (do a google search on Nallie & Suitcase) ..... but I wash my hands of both of you. So the next time you find yourself in deep waters, I won't be there .....

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:Shazzam! Leveling insults and passing the blame. That's twice, on the I just sneezed all over myself. no less, that you have used the "but you started it" line. See, this is why it's important to eat breakfast. YOU may be busy and too rushed to bother, but now the rest of us have to put up with your pissy attitude. I hope you're feeling better by the time you wake up Monday.

I do need breakfast. Until Cheron pointed it out, I missed the sneezing part. And the McDonalds' McGriddles are indeed, tasty!

Besides, isn't that the line all older brothers/sisters use on their younger siblings? "They started it"? And in trying to act the gallant gentleman, I get smacked down. So no more. Post away with your innuendos and slurs. No more shall I attempt to save you from yourself. After all, it's your funeral (really, it's your funeral!!).

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie

Breakfast? Who needs breakfast? I am currently consuming leftover rice, salmon and asparagus from Thursday night. Yes, I am a gastronomic fate-tempter.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
oppsie wrote:Breakfast? Who needs breakfast? I am currently consuming leftover rice, salmon and asparagus from Thursday night. Yes, I am a gastronomic fate-tempter.

If it's not green or slimy (unless it was supposed to be green or slimy, or green and slimy) it's fine. That's my rule and in 32 years it's only failed me once. And I actually think that was from a restaurant not my fridge. smlauren will have other opinions. He's a leftover scaredy-cat.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
bhodilee wrote:smlauren will have other opinions. He's a leftover scaredy-cat.

Wow, I always pictured smlauren as a chick, not a dude.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
bhodilee wrote:If it's not green or slimy (unless it was supposed to be green or slimy, or green and slimy) it's fine. That's my rule and in 32 years it's only failed me once. And I actually think that was from a restaurant not my fridge. smlauren will have other opinions. He's a leftover scaredy-cat.

I once poured out a nearly brand new gallon of milk because I was suspicious about it. My stepmother was horrified when she caught me pouring it down the drain.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Wow, I always pictured smlauren as a chick, not a dude.

You obviously have not seen his picture.

Just kiddin', big guy.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

Heh, that's funny. He's a dude dood, and you dont' wanna make him mad cause he's like a 6'4" big dood. I will now go cause injury to myself for using the term dood thrice.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

So while in South Dakota this past week I happened upon the Prairie Berry Winery and had free tastings. If you ever find yourself in the Black Hills (Hill City to be exact) this is worth a stop. Most of the wines are made from berries as opposed to grapes. I especially liked the Black Currant wine. I now know EXACTLY what a black currant is like and immediately eight different wines I have had sprung to mind. It's very very good and I bought a bottle that I will drink in six months.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

You were fixating on the last name maybe?

Handles can have that effect. My selective dysliexia kept reading cheron98 as "Charon" who is decidedly male while cheron98 is decidely not.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

cheron98

iByron wrote:You were fixating on the last name maybe?

Handles can have that effect. My selective dysliexia kept reading cheron98 as "Charon" who is decidedly male while cheron98 is decidely not.

Yesss... no river styx here. Or small moons of smaller ex-planets. Thus why JW now insists on calling me ChEron, since I corrected him about it in one of the NoVA/DC posts. Speaking of which, where is he? I think he's run off with my shipment from WL...

jwhite6114

For those who did not see it on the main thread, I have updated the spreadsheet for this week's offer. When factoring in shipping, and now Jeff's stated $45 retail price point on the Zin, this has turned into a much more impressive offer (and you still cannot get this elsewhere).

As for the shipping, I invite folks to take a look and give me any feedback on the retail shipping options I have incorporated. Basically there are four:
1 - Flat (shipping cost divided evenly over the number of bottles ordered)
2 - Per bottle (shipping cost multiplied by number of bottles ordered)
3 - Per order (shipping cost multiplied by number of orders, then divided evenly over the number of bottles)
4 - Variable (variable rate, manually figured; can have a separate rate per number of orders) -- see this week's Saxon Brown offer for an example of this one

Google docs does not allow a way for me to open up only selected fields for modification by anyone, while protecting the rest of the spreadsheet; so there are still assumptions to be made (such as which "ship to" location to use for rates if they are different -- which they are this week). This can made a big difference on the rate ($18 to ship 4 bottles to CA, but $40 to ship the same four bottles to VA). Assumptions will have to be listed each week.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:*glares* Why must people torment me?

Your wine is here. It appears in good condition. I have not matched to your CT list to ensure all of the right bottles were shipping, but I have verified condition and number (9).

I may have to give one to the mailroom, though, as I have had so many boxes coming in recent weeks

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:I looked, and she said that she was going to do that (do a google search on Nallie & Suitcase) ..... but I wash my hands of both of you. So the next time you find yourself in deep waters, I won't be there .....

Ok. But from hence forth, ye shall be known as SharkyMark.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

Yes, and she does not like it when you use an "a" instead of an "e" in her name.

cheron98 wrote:Yesss... no river styx here. Or small moons of smaller ex-planets. Thus why JW now insists on calling me ChEron, since I corrected him about it in one of the NoVA/DC posts. Speaking of which, where is he? I think he's run off with my shipment from WL...

See?

CT | | | | | |

eric9tx

I know I did. Actually the image that came to mind was dominatrix-like. "S&M Lauren" perhaps?

Now I'm going to go hide in case smlauren reads this. Apologies for a weird mind.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

eric9tx

jwhite6114 wrote:For those who did not see it on the main thread, I have updated the spreadsheet for this week's offer. When factoring in shipping, and now Jeff's stated $45 retail price point on the Zin, this has turned into a much more impressive offer (and you still cannot get this elsewhere).

As for the shipping, I invite folks to take a look and give me any feedback on the retail shipping options I have incorporated. Basically there are four:
3 - Per order (shipping cost multiplied by number of orders, then divided evenly over the number of bottles)
4 - Variable (variable rate, manually figured; can have a separate rate per number of orders) -- see this week's Saxon Brown offer for an example of this one

Google docs does not allow a way for me to open up only selected fields for modification by anyone, while protecting the rest of the spreadsheet; so there are still assumptions to be made (such as which "ship to" location to use for rates if they are different -- which they are this week). This can made a big difference on the rate ($18 to ship 4 bottles to CA, but $40 to ship the same four bottles to VA). Assumptions will have to be listed each week.

I don't understand how the savings (expressed as a percentage) goes down as the orders increase. $5 shipping for 1, 2, or 3 orders should trump all.

213 wooted bottles

CT

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

So hot here in Savannah today that the Jehovah's Witness ladies in the park were not even getting up! Just fanning themselves with Watchtowers and asking if we wanted some reading material.

We've learned all sorts of southern factoids. Ghost tour tonight!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:For those who did not see it on the main thread, I have updated the spreadsheet for this week's offer. When factoring in shipping, and now Jeff's stated $45 retail price point on the Zin, this has turned into a much more impressive offer (and you still cannot get this elsewhere).

Great job on the updated version!