eljefetwisted

quality posts: 45 Private Messages eljefetwisted
dublwrap wrote:ejefe...

Did you actually trademark the phrase "Damn Yummy"?

Sure! I put the "tm" after it, fair and square.

(Anyone can claim a "tm" it's the "R" that you have to register. Amazing the things you learn in this business!)

Jeff Stai, Owner, Twisted Oak Winery
http://www.twistedoak.com/
http://www.facebook.com/twistedoak

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
eljefetwisted wrote:I checked the dictionary and it said "noble" meant "inert". I don't think these wines are inert... and if it is not noble then it is ignoble, and that doesn't sound good either... ;)

They're only synonymous for the family of gases that includes Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and Radon

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Loweeel

eljefetwisted wrote:Sure! I put the "tm" after it, fair and square.

(Anyone can claim a "tm" it's the "R" that you have to register. Amazing the things you learn in this business!)

Nope! R is only a REGISTERED trademark (i.e., one that the PTO has registered on either the primary or secondary register). You cannot use TM unless you use or have a good faith intent to use he "Damn yummy" mark in connection with the sale of goods in interstate commerce to use to create a goods-source association in the mind of the typical wine-consumer.

NB -- this post was provided entirely and exclusively for entertainment purposes. Neither it nor anything in it does constitutes legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. Nor does this post create in any way, shape, or form, a lawyer-client relationship. If you are interested in trademark issues, please consult a practicing trademark lawyer in the relevant jurisdiction.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Dawn4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dawn4

I'm not usually a poster but the coincidence of just having met you, Mr. El Jefe, Sat night at the wine/food event and then coming home to you hosting the wine.woot site it just too funny for me to go un-noted. I greatly enjoyed our conversation about Twisted Oaks and Snaggled Pusses. Would love to see an offer that included the Torcido. Thanks for the woot opportunity!

eljefetwisted

Loweeel wrote:Nope! R is only a REGISTERED trademark (i.e., one that the PTO has registered on either the primary or secondary register). You cannot use TM unless you use or have a good faith intent to use he "Damn yummy" mark in connection with the sale of goods in interstate commerce to use to create a goods-source association in the mind of the typical wine-consumer.

NB -- this post was provided entirely and exclusively for entertainment purposes. Neither it nor anything in it does constitutes legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. Nor does this post create in any way, shape, or form, a lawyer-client relationship. If you are interested in trademark issues, please consult a practicing trademark lawyer in the relevant jurisdiction.

That's what I said, you just said it longer...!

falfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falfreak
eljefetwisted wrote:
PS: I noticed that ND was a leading state early on - we are NOT currently permitted there, but ND has a 90 grace period to apply after the first shipment - very civilized! Please order and we will make it happen.

I know I'm not the only North Dakotan that watches wine.woot, but figuring out which of the other four that is isn't that easy. j/k (I think we are up to six people now) I did know our laws are fair and just and not completely overbearing, but I'm still pleased to hear my state of residence is as fair as this.

If the Tempranillo is as good as I have read I will undoubtedly order more in the near future. I'm a sucker for Tempranillo... and Shyrah/Shiraz.... and Zinfandel..... and Merlot..... and pretty much any red wine. That and the *%#&@! sound very interesting so I might have to have more of that too.

I personally thank you eljefetwisted, and you will likely hear from me in a month or two when I run low on Twisted Oak wine.

eljefetwisted

Dawn4 wrote:I'm not usually a poster but the coincidence of just having met you, Mr. El Jefe, Sat night at the wine/food event and then coming home to you hosting the wine.woot site it just too funny for me to go un-noted. I greatly enjoyed our conversation about Twisted Oaks and Snaggled Pusses. Would love to see an offer that included the Torcido. Thanks for the woot opportunity!

hi Dawn - Glad to have snaggled you Saturday! I suspect that a Torcido woot would be a very remote chance, but who knows? Fortunately there are several ways to obtain the Torcido, some of which are legal in many states!

(Torcido is our estate Grenache - limited quantity and all that.)

eljefetwisted

Loweeel wrote:WOW!!! A BLACK SQUARE!!! We are impressed.

Ok, while you're here, tell us about your PS (and I'll be asking for a sample bottle for that at some point in the not too distant future...).

Woot has a fairly large and vocal community of self-described "PSychos", of which I am the "PSith Master", who are absolutely nuts about PS. (BTW, if you'd like to license the "PSycho" label for use on your wine, I'm sure I can be bribed )

Samples bottles for qualified bloggers are always a possibility. Were you at Dark and Delicious? PS I Love You is a great trade org., I always look forward to hearing from Jo. Here are my pics from D&D:

http://www.elbloggotorcido.com/2008/02/dark-and-delici.html

All about our PS is right here:

http://www.twistedoak.com/twisted/catalog/view_product.jsp?product_id=1038

But I bet you knew that!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
eljefetwisted wrote:Try something really simple like "Hello World!" and then add from there. The semicolons may be an issue - skip the punctuation to start and then add it in. I noticed mine took a few minutes to show up.

AAAAaahahahah. El Jefe is telling us how to add signatures. This guy does everything!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Loweeel

eljefetwisted wrote:Samples bottles for qualified bloggers are always a possibility. Were you at Dark and Delicious? PS I Love You is a great trade org., I always look forward to hearing from Jo. Here are my pics from D&D:

http://www.elbloggotorcido.com/2008/02/dark-and-delici.html

All about our PS is right here:

http://www.twistedoak.com/twisted/catalog/view_product.jsp?product_id=1038

But I bet you knew that!

I did know that! I will be there, with at least 2 other woot PSychos, next feb at Concannon's new $25M tasting room. Jo does link to my blog from her personal blog, though I am not able to update it as much as I'd like.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

Winedavid39

quality posts: 208 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:AAAAaahahahah. El Jefe is telling us how to add signatures. This guy does everything!!!

Dude has game, no question.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
eljefetwisted wrote:That's what I said, you just said it longer...!

Don't argue with a lawyer! He's probably charging you (in wine) as we speak (type).
And thanks for the reply to all my silly questions. Geek Sheets!!!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe
kylemittskus wrote:AAAAaahahahah. El Jefe is telling us how to add signatures. This guy does everything!!!

Sí El Jefe, I would say you have a plethora of piñatas... and by piñatas I mean mad skillz.

eljefetwisted wrote:As far as new vs old world goes... we tend to swing old in terms of making wines that are food friendly. We take it easy on the oak, and we don't go for heroic extraction techniques. We prefer to do it in the vineyard, so to speak...

So if I understand you correctly: "Old world winemakers do it in the vineyard."

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.017s

Last wooter to woot: JOATMON

In for 2

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

foobarski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foobarski
eljefetwisted wrote:There were several things that led us to what we kinda call "The Spanish Inspiration".

I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inspiration ...

"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose, when the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze.
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today."
-- John Perry Barlow / Bob Weir ("Mexicali Blues")

eric9tx

foobarski wrote:I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inspiration ...

No one expects a Spanish inspiration!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb
eljefetwisted wrote:All three wines can very much be drunk now. The Temp could benefit the most from decanting, but it wouldn't hurt any of them. The Grenache is the closest to the "drink now" state - in fact, I like this wine as a Summer BBQ wine, slightly chilled. The *%#&@! also goes well in hot weather, cooled down. All 3 will also cellar for at least a couple years, the Temp even longer.

Thanks for the tips, when you say cooled down, you mean like 58° ? 60° ? oh, also, your field blend, that's one of my favorite tricks, pre fermintation? Like honest to goodness blend in the bins?

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
inkwench wrote:And that's what I did, too. Only oddity was that I separated the wines by semicolons.

They only give you about 5 lines, unless you use the list formatting style. When you enter your sig info, and click on the "Update Your Info" button, check the top of the page. There may be an error message there.

To use the list format style, use the brackets the [ and the ], and put list in between them. Then use the brackets with an asterisk * between them for each line item for your list. You can also use this: | to separate items on the same line. End the list with a slash / with list in between the brackets.

See my sig for examples.

Lines 1 and 2 are quotes
Line 3 starts the list, and is the Taz smiley
Line 4 is my list of Wine.Woots I haven't purchased this year (My name is Sparky and I'm a WineWootaholic)
and line 5 is my total woots for each woot site.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

foobarski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foobarski
eric9tx wrote:No one expects a Spanish inspiration!

Their chief weapon is technology ... technology and tradition ... tradition and technology ... their two chief weapons are tradition and technology ... and ruthless absurdity. Their three weapons are tradition and technology and ruthless absurdity and an almost fanatical devotion to rubber chickens ... Their four ... no ... amongst their weapons ... amongst their weaponry are such elements as tradition, technology ... I'll come in again.

"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose, when the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze.
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today."
-- John Perry Barlow / Bob Weir ("Mexicali Blues")

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe
foobarski wrote:Their chief weapon is technology ... technology and tradition ... tradition and technology ... their two chief weapons are tradition and technology ... and ruthless absurdity. Their three weapons are tradition and technology and ruthless absurdity and an almost fanatical devotion to rubber chickens ... Their four ... no ... amongst their weapons ... amongst their weaponry are such elements as tradition, technology ... I'll come in again.

Nicely done.

And now for something completely different...

eljefetwisted

foobarski wrote:Their chief weapon is technology ... technology and tradition ... tradition and technology ... their two chief weapons are tradition and technology ... and ruthless absurdity. Their three weapons are tradition and technology and ruthless absurdity and an almost fanatical devotion to rubber chickens ... Their four ... no ... amongst their weapons ... amongst their weaponry are such elements as tradition, technology ... I'll come in again.

NICE!

craiggery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages craiggery

hilarious...aaaaand...im in for 1. had to at least give these a try, and am very much looking forward to it. slightly off topic but did anyone see the hockey game tonight?!?!
First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.017s

Last wooter to woot: craiggery

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
eric9tx wrote:No one expects a Spanish inspiration!

Bring out... THE COMFY CHAIR!!!!

NB - This post is for entertainment purposes only. This post is not intended to give comedic advice, nor am I your comedian. Should you need a comedian, I highly suggest you pick up a DVD anthology of Monty Python. It is clearly the way to go. Also - I now have over 50 bottles of wine in the mail. Whatever will I do? I'm WAAAA-HEY-HEY out of cellaring space. But I digress. Clearly, comedy is not my thing, and you are in need of a professional comedian. Might I suggest Jim Gaffigan? Just g00gle his stint about bacon. Hi-larious! Also also - Loweel taught me to post this. Also also also - mind you, m00se bites can be pretty nasty.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
MaskedMarvel wrote:Bring out... THE COMFY CHAIR!!!!

NB - This post is for entertainment purposes only. This post is not intended to give comedic advice, nor am I your comedian. Should you need a comedian, I highly suggest you pick up a DVD anthology of Monty Python. It is clearly the way to go. Also - I now have over 50 bottles of wine in the mail. Whatever will I do? I'm WAAAA-HEY-HEY out of cellaring space. But I digress. Clearly, comedy is not my thing, and you are in need of a professional comedian. Might I suggest Jim Gaffigan? Just g00gle his stint about bacon. Hi-larious! Also also - Loweel taught me to post this. Also also also - mind you, m00se bites can be pretty nasty.

No, really...a moose bit my sister once.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

veracity024

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veracity024

do they ever sell groups of wine (or single bottles under 20 bucks) ?

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
veracity024 wrote:do they ever sell groups of wine (or single bottles under 20 bucks) ?

What do yo umean by groups of wine? Like a group of the same wine or something else? And I assume you are talking about woot.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

I'm in for the *%#&@! of it!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

JudyL1118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JudyL1118

I've never tried any of these varieties of wine. I think Nallie has said good things about a tempranillo in the past, but can someone tell me what I might expect from something like this offering? I prefer reds, but really enjoy lighter wines in the summer...my range isn't too wide in the white category; so far Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Grigio have been my safe little forays in the world of "lighter wines". I need to be educated on what this offering is all about.

Help?

Who hides behind that wine.woot user name?
Please post a quick bio on Getting to Know You
Join us on Facebook, too!

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench
eljefetwisted wrote:Try something really simple like "Hello World!" and then add from there. The semicolons may be an issue - skip the punctuation to start and then add it in. I noticed mine took a few minutes to show up.

Okay--tried again. And gave it lots of time to think about it... Maybe this time will be the lucky time!

Hah! It looks like it worked this time. Shorter list than I've tried before, too--didn't repeat the repeated orders.

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
eljefetwisted wrote:There is a lot of explanation of these terms in our Geek Sheet Cheat Sheat

DUDE!!! that is one cool cheat sheet! will just have to keep that one as a ref source...

do you know... what biodynamics is?

themostrighteous

twistedwookie wrote:Had to see how my other woot name showed up here! - el jefe

NICE! a BLACK square w/ ONE post (and that one yesterday at that)?!? talk about going QUIETLY about your business!

themostrighteous

Loweeel wrote:Nope! R is only a REGISTERED trademark (i.e., one that the PTO has registered on either the primary or secondary register). You cannot use TM unless you use or have a good faith intent to use he "Damn yummy" mark in connection with the sale of goods in interstate commerce to use to create a goods-source association in the mind of the typical wine-consumer.

i always get a kick out of these posts! but it does raise the question: at what point does the persistent use of the above NB statement make it seem that what you disclaim may be what you are actually doing?!? just sayin'

eric9tx

JudyL1118 wrote:I've never tried any of these varieties of wine. I think Nallie has said good things about a tempranillo in the past, but can someone tell me what I might expect from something like this offering? I prefer reds, but really enjoy lighter wines in the summer...my range isn't too wide in the white category; so far Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Grigio have been my safe little forays in the world of "lighter wines". I need to be educated on what this offering is all about.

Help?

Try here and then here and then over here. On the last one, check out the Geek Sheets and the Geek Sheet Cheat Sheets. Freakin' awesome!

I'm going to print copies of the GSCS for my non-wooting friends. What a great resource. I just hope that doesn't violate any copyright, registered, trademark, or "I called shotgun" laws.

213 wooted bottles

CT

smlauren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smlauren

You're a frustrated computer programmer, aren't you?

// my first program in C++

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
cout << "Hello World!";
return 0;
}

439 Bottles
$8,531.53
Avg. cost per bottle $19.43

edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada
Winedavid39 wrote:Dude has game, no question.

Dude definitely has game. To have somebody funny and irreverent, dare I say even twisted, that also clearly loves his wine is quite nice. I am thinking of the Roshambo crew who breezed in here with the crazy, fun, wild image but they just couldn't back it up with their product or much in depth knowledge. Eljefetwisted is the real deal, not just the latest new flavor! Bring on the @#$&*% rubber chickens !! I would buy a bunch if I could but alas I cannot so I will enjoy the Twisted show vicariously.

My dogs like me, that is important.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
nallie wrote:Well, dearest Sanity, at first I was going to tell you to try to let it slide off your back. After all, he reads a LOT of posts, he may be very sleepy, and he’s most probably been drinking. But then I read this
Quality posts: … (12:22 AM) nallie begs… ,
and I know for sure that I have brought up before that Nallie doesn’t beg. She cajoles, she implores, she threatens and even occasionally blackmails, but she does not beg. Yet there it is again. In black and white. You hold him down; I’ll go sharpen the stilettos .

You'll get a verb and like it, damn you!

Incidentally, editing signatures can take up to about 10 minutes for it to "take" due to the caching. If you don't see an instant change, hang in there.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Loweeel

themostrighteous wrote:i always get a kick out of these posts! but it does raise the question: at what point does the persistent use of the above NB statement make it seem that what you disclaim may be what you are actually doing?!? just sayin'

Never . The disclaimer is usually sufficient. You cross the line when you start providing detailed advice and pointing specific options and weighing things. This is just debate/being argumentative

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
hookajoe wrote:Sí El Jefe, I would say you have a plethora of piñatas... and by piñatas I mean mad skillz.

How can you tell me we have a plethora of pinatas if you do not know what a plethora IZ?

Jefe, your answer about the grapes/style was excellent. Thanks.

signed.

themostrighteous

Loweeel wrote:Never . The disclaimer is usually sufficient. You cross the line when you start providing detailed advice and pointing specific options and weighing things. This is just debate/being argumentative

which is definitely why we get along swimmingly!!!

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
Loweeel wrote:Never . The disclaimer is usually sufficient. You cross the line when you start providing detailed advice and pointing specific options and weighing things. This is just debate/being argumentative

<Python>This is abuse. You want room 12A, just along the corridor.</Python>

On the fence on this one, due to upcoming vacation plans and not being sure we'll receive the shipment before our departure.

Dude... wait, what?