Blackneto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackneto
Krugsters wrote:Missed my name in lights.
In for 1.

Sorry I bumped you

Twisted Oak - Three Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.017s

Last wooter to woot: Blackneto

In for 2

yellowroe

quality posts: 6 Private Messages yellowroe
ERMD wrote:WD
Any change yet on shipping to the hot states like FLA. I ask the UPS guy and he said his truck easily gets in the 90s.
Damn I want this wine but dont want it cooked

I know what you mean - it has been in the 90"s in TX and they have been sitting on the weekends. Since I always order first thing Monday morn I would think we can get it delivered by Friday and not have it sit all weekend. What do you think Wine Woot???

pluthe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pluthe

I visited the tasting room for Twisted Oak last fall and enjoyed the Tempernillo very much - easy to drink and very flavorful. Looking forward to trying the others.

alansz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alansz

Ok, can't resist this (and I tried...well, mostly) - very interesting choices. Here's hoping to labrat!

Rock Hollow sextet (85), Helix three-pack plus one (90), Woot Cellars Humbug (88), Mumm Napa Sparkling trio (90), Montinore Estate Williamette trio (85), Armida Winery Poizin (95), SakeOne Sake quartet (92), C&T Cellars double-duo (88) (Ratings mine)

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
tommythecat78 wrote:Thanks WD for it not being another multi-offering week...probably will be in for 3 now later this week.

Tommy, do yourself a favor and DO NOT go to the website. After taking a good look around, I'm very wishful for the whites. Really interesting blends...not a chardonnay in sight.

So now I'm feeling quite regretful that it is NOT a multi-offer week. Almost..."pouty"...even. Poor WineDavid; there's just no pleasing everyone.

hardground

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hardground

Hi, El Hefe. Thanks for jumping in. While GSM's are strongly associated with the Rhone valley, G and M are Spaniards; so, this offering stays in theme. Stylistically, is the Ryhmes-With-Duck modelled on Rhone Valley or Spanish wines? Or, Mutt-American?

By the way, in for 2. Hurray, Tempranillo!

Why is there so much wine left at the end of my money?

smlauren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smlauren
Bezalel wrote:@ sould be Ampersat, not At.

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

439 Bottles
$8,531.53
Avg. cost per bottle $19.43

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
eljefetwisted wrote:PS: I noticed that ND was a leading state early on - we are NOT currently permitted there, but ND has a 90 grace period to apply after the first shipment - very civilized! Please order and we will make it happen.

Just idly curious, as it doesn't really matter to me as I'm in NY and already ordered...

But what do you mean by a 90 grace period and being able to ship to ND when you are not currently permitted?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13
MaskedMarvel wrote:I'm hoping near-correct guessers get a complimentary rubber chicken with their order!

http://www.rubberchickencards.com/login.php

How about a rubber chicken e-greeting card company? I have been a member for almost a year, and these are a HOOT! Just a little plug for a very clever company!

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
kkv123 wrote:Tommy, do yourself a favor and DO NOT go to the website. After taking a good look around, I'm very wishful for the whites. Really interesting blends...not a chardonnay in sight.

So now I'm feeling quite regretful that it is NOT a multi-offer week. Almost..."pouty"...even. Poor WineDavid; there's just no pleasing everyone.

Ditto. The white rhymes with duck sounds excellent.

oppsie

oppsie wrote:Ditto. The white rhymes with duck sounds excellent.

And currently struggling with in for 1, 2, or 3...I think wine church dictates 2?

Edit: Yeah, two tis.

Last wooter to woot: oppsie

fseppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fseppy

Hmm...a wine named Chuck? I'm in, if only for the hot prose, winemaker presence, the notion of anything being 'twisted' on a Monday morning and hot, sweaty fantasies of labrattery.

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
alfisti13 wrote:HAK, help me, help me! How do you do that?
TIA!

When you click "reply", look on the left side and click "formatting guide". Then hit "linking to another site". There are a couple different options depending on how you want it to appear.
Or just click here and see it in action.

Back on topic... one or two? One or two? I should NOT do this this week, but 3 pages of posts in the brief time I slept excites me. And the participation so far has been outstanding. I wanna buy just for that reason!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000

hey jefe, thanks for jumping in so early!

say we hypothetically lived in the shipping-limited state of massachusetts, and were really really really wanting to participate, even if it wasn't through woot, any suggestions as to where wecould find your wine, say in cambridge?

thanks alot!
-dna

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

foobarski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foobarski

OK, I can't afford it, I don't have the room (and I haven't even received any of the fifteen bottles of Ty Caton yet!) There's absolutely NO *%#&@! reason I should be typing what I'm about to type:

In for three.

(Whadda ya gonna do?)

"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose, when the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze.
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today."
-- John Perry Barlow / Bob Weir ("Mexicali Blues")

Drinking Frog

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Drinking Frog
yellowroe wrote:I know what you mean - it has been in the 90"s in TX and they have been sitting on the weekends. Since I always order first thing Monday morn I would think we can get it delivered by Friday and not have it sit all weekend. What do you think Wine Woot???

I'm with the rest of the folks in the hot states. This is just the sort of package to get me Wooting again, but I had one cooked shipment last Summer, and I've hesitated to order another since. Is there anything we can do? I want this stuff!

marekny7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7

In for one (for now) and before 10 am......

CT

santhony66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santhony66
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:hey jefe, thanks for jumping in so early!

say we hypothetically lived in the shipping-limited state of massachusetts, and were really really really wanting to participate, even if it wasn't through woot, any suggestions as to where wecould find your wine, say in cambridge?

thanks alot!
-dna

I was poking around for this info myself and found their MA distributor:

Cafe Europa, LLC
8 Tarleton Road
Boston, MA 02132
PHONE: (617) 469-8844

I'd give 'em a call. Good luck.

My wines on CellarTracker

My Wine.Woot tasting notes on CellarTracker

hk94

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hk94

These varietals are just too irresistable. In for 1. Not enough room in the cellar for 3.

Hope I get to lab rat it up this time around!

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

WD, whatever you do? Do not offer the whites next week ....please save my wallet :-p

anyway, Here is hoping that i find a red that I like, this has been nothing short of a pain trying to find a red that i can say I like...My wine cellar is 99% whites....

I'd love some labrattage especially since I'm not a big red fan, it would be fun to see what i say about these.

This may be my last order of the summer because its looking to be a hot summer here in VA...kinda scares me because i really dont wanna destroy these wines....Hopefully its not.....Just with how the last couple weeks have been it looks to be a hot one for us here in VA this year....luckily like all my wines go to MD and PA before they come to VA for delivery....

Thanks to my new hobby I am really a Poor Drunk College student now

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

zebra5150

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zebra5150

wine.woot was so much easier to resist as a poor college student...

But this might be the end for a while, don't like the sound of wines popping corks and sitting in hot warehouses on their way all the way to St. Louis...just another way life was simpler living in northern california.

oh well, here's to hoping for some delicious wines!

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
eljefetwisted wrote:El Jefe here - if you want WAY too much data about these wines and Twisted Oak, look no farther than here:

http://www.twistedoak.com/woot

If you have questions, do not hesitate - I'll answer almost anything. Bwa ha ha.

I see you have an orange square. What have you wooted previously?

BTW, I am glad to see from your website that you are at flat-rate shipping, with free shipping on a case. I will probably go in on some of that later this year (especially if there's a wooter discount), as I am pretty sure I could split a case with other NoVA/DC folks. Mmm... Petite Sirah

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Dintlu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dintlu

Another southern-state gambler in for one. I havn't had any shipments ruined by the heat yet, I'm hoping for a weekday delivery on a cloudy day

TrevynPaige

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrevynPaige

In for two...too intrigued.

Twisted Oak - Three Pack

Last wooter to woot: TrevynPaige

darisgin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darisgin
solarfish42 wrote:What then is the purpose of using the oak as opposed to say stainless steel?

If one is constantly increasing production and/or inventory, then it would be CHEAPER to re-use old barrels than to install new stainless steel.

Think of it as eco-friendly recycling!

Stuart Cellars Temecula Trio; Woot Cellars Polyphemus Magnum; Woot Cellars Humbug; Wellington Vineyards Reserve Duo, three pack, three pack + mystery; Peltier Station Lodi Petite Sirah; Ty Caton Three-Pack Sampler; Dry Creek Two-Pack Reds

oppsie

Loweeel wrote:BTW, I am glad to see from your website that you are at flat-rate shipping, with free shipping on a case.

Holy carp, how did I miss that? I'm done for.

hockeyhabit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeyhabit

I really don't have the room for this but it just sounds so good. I love the early and amusing participation from the winery. You can never have too much good wine. I am looking forward to these. In for 3.

Twisted Oak - Three Pack

Last wooter to woot: hockeyhabit

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
eljefetwisted wrote:Please consider it updated. Arizona is on the list. I have the permits to prove it!!!

Put another way, if I say I can get the wine to you - I *will* get the wine to you, if I have to drive it myself. Period.

I've emailed the Woot powers about this - it should be fixed soon.

PS: I noticed that ND was a leading state early on - we are NOT currently permitted there, but ND has a 90 grace period to apply after the first shipment - very civilized! Please order and we will make it happen.

Whoa, first time I've seen that offer.

So what inspired the blend and how did you arrive at it?

signed.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
smlauren wrote:Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

I wouldn't make that book my style guide.

signed.

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13

Last wooter to woot: alfisti13

In for three, going to wootleg one set to my folks in Oz. With the positive reviews, how can you go wrong here? I needed to have some c@@l blend reds in my cabinet anyway, so why not? Thanks WD for considering me for Rattage, as i leave town on Wednesday to do some fishing in AK and would LOVE to review the Twisted Oak before my departure!

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

TeelaJBrown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TeelaJBrown

Damn you El Jefe! Had to go in for 2.

Check your twitter for a question i left you

And i got this in before 10 AM. W00t!

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

In for 2.
Last wooter to woot: eric9tx
So much for self-restraint. At least it's payday...

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
eljefetwisted wrote:The hardest thing in the world, I have found, is to sell something that is so experiential as wine, in the absence of actually experiencing it.

In my tasting room, at my winery, I can create that experience - and the cases do go out the door.

All I can do here, in the absence of that experience, is ask you to take a shot. I am really not interested in selling poo. We are very very serious about what we put in the bottle. We have an honest gravity flow winery - it's like five stories from top to cave. (A lot of grumbling from the production staff, but worth it I think.) We are a 100% punch down winery - no pump overs (I can elaborate later if you want.)

The rubber chickens and the "vibe" aside - we are deadly serious about kicking out some seriously good juice. And once it is in the bottle... it's all about the FUN!

And the rubber chickens ;)

I'm definitely interested in hearing about the "gravity flow" winery concept -- and punchdowns vs. pumpovers, and the differences between them.

eljefetwisted wrote:That would be a typo. My bad. Neutral oak, meaning an oak barrel that is about 3 years from its first use, and is pretty much depleted in terms of its potential to impart oak characters to the wine.

It just gives ellagitannins. :-)

eljefetwisted wrote:clayfu - try the Temp. If you don't like it, I will replace it with your choice.

Wow. That's a seriously impressive offer. You gotta love a guy who stands behind his product to that extent, especially one that depends on personal taste as much as wine.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

ArcheDiver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ArcheDiver

Decided to sleep on it, woke up, read eveyone's thoughts, and figured 'why not?'... in for one.

CalTiki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CalTiki

Too much of a cooincidence! I logged on today not thinking to buy as I went wine tasting this weekend and I'm pretty set on wine for a while. Well, this certainly won't change things. The funny thing is I went wine tasting in the Sierra Foothills and visited Twisted Oak on Saturday. I thought they had a great sense of humor - but I didn't buy any of their wine. I was visiting a friend who lives not too far from there and she was disappointed. She had been there before and like the wine, but she only bought one bottle (felt it was only polite). Anyway, the word it is they have great parties, but their wine is hit or miss. Sorry - maybe they held back the good stuff for Woot!

kcehehttahw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcehehttahw

Good price point, looks like a fun trio, and I haven't had much Grenache.

I'm in. Just before the bell, too.

sasnakra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasnakra

Wow, I read the Woot of the Day write-up - then had to check to but sure that I wasn't on "Desperate HouseWines" (might be a new series for the fall season....)!

Block 13 Cabernet Sauvignon - 4 Pack; Sake One Sampler of Six with Gift Box; Three Screaming Purple Monkeys; Toothstejnn - 6 pack; Scott Harvey In-ZINerator threesome; Wellington Three-Pack + Mystery; Ty Caton 2005 - Field Blend Three-pack; Ty Caton Three-pack Sampler (1st group); Iron Horse Cabernet Franc - Three-pack; Epiphany Winery Spring Trio; Wellington 2003 Cuveé R Syrah 3-Pack; Pedroncelli Quartet; Helix Three Pack + One; Vino Noceto Quartet

BobboinAVL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobboinAVL

Did the three twist.

Last wooter to woot: BobboinAVL

barrymccochener

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrymccochener
CalTiki wrote:Too much of a cooincidence! I logged on today not thinking to buy as I went wine tasting this weekend and I'm pretty set on wine for a while. Well, this certainly won't change things. The funny thing is I went wine tasting in the Sierra Foothills and visited Twisted Oak on Saturday. I thought they had a great sense of humor - but I didn't buy any of their wine. I was visiting a friend who lives not too far from there and she was disappointed. She had been there before and like the wine, but she only bought one bottle (felt it was only polite). Anyway, the word it is they have great parties, but their wine is hit or miss. Sorry - maybe they held back the good stuff for Woot!

If you wouldn't mind elaborating...

What was it about the wines that didn't impress you? Did you desire more complexity? Less? Were they not integrated enough? Too oaky? Too sweet? Too dry?

Maybe if you could state what you normally like in a wine and say why these (what wines did you even taste?) didn't do it for you. I'm not asking for a book, but maybe 5 sentences to help me place your opinion in perspective.

Thanks!

CalTiki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CalTiki

I found the wine didn't have much of a finish. There much complexity to the wine either. It wasn't unpleasant wine - just not exciting. There wasn't enough to keep me going back. That is just my opinion of course.