MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
SonomaBouliste wrote:There are always clues hidden here and there. Sometimes they're elementary, my dear Watson, and sometimes they would be a stretch even for Hercule Poirot

Wellingtons!!! Time to make a deposit! See you at midnight!! WOO HOOOO!!!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
MaskedMarvel wrote:Wellingtons!!! Time to make a deposit! See you at midnight!! WOO HOOOO!!!!

A Wellington offer with PETITE SIRAH!!! WOOT!

Well, one can only hope. And pray. And drool.

mmmmmm, Wellington PS

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Cesare

quality posts: 1560 Private Messages Cesare

David Suchet known for playing Hercule Poirot went to Wellington School

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rco
SonomaBouliste wrote:Judging from this week's response, Twisted Oak may be back, especially if people start raving about the wines.

I sure hope the Twisted Oak wines are in the same league as those outstanding wines. It has been fun reading eljefe's comments.

Since I learned about WW in February, the Wellington Syrahs (2002 Reserve and 2003 Cuvee R), Iron Horse Cabernet Franc, Caton and Scott Harvey wines are among the very best I have ever had in 4 decades of tasting. The 2003 Wellington Cuvee R is my all time favorite under-$20--a true gift to wine w00ters from SB and WD.

Sign me up for 3 of anything Peter bottles.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 232 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
MarkDaSpark wrote:A Wellington offer with PETITE SIRAH!!! WOOT!

Well, one can only hope. And pray. And drool.

mmmmmm, Wellington PS

Kind of close, but not quite the right angle. You need to adjust your aim a bit.

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
SonomaBouliste wrote:Kind of close, but not quite the right angle. You need to adjust your aim a bit.

Cuvee' R making a return?

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
winefarm wrote:you missed one.

WD

Madison

Also, Mandolina/Lucas & Lewellen tends to be pretty popular. We last got Mandolina in a winter woot-off.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

norvegicus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages norvegicus

The Helix wines seemed popular too.

I bought a 28 bottle Vinotemp cellar at Target today for $60 off.

norvegicus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages norvegicus

iByron

SonomaBouliste wrote:Kind of close, but not quite the right angle. You need to adjust your aim a bit.

Well if that means it is a Wellington offer, that would point to the all-teinturier Noir de Noirs, which I would be in for in a second.

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Whoa, whoa whoa - Wellingtons tonight?!?!

Im in!

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sadler-Wells? Woot Cellars Wanna Be Red? Madison Cellars? SakéOne?

I forgot SW sold out, and Madison Cellars is popular (I think).

Edit: SakéOne also sold out the last time.

Mandolina has been on here several times, but I think Mad Cellars only once. I was thinking SW and Mandolina as the likely ones you "missed".

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

0U812 wrote:Would be a crime to omit Saxon Brown!

A Van Halen fan?

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:I was wondering about that myself.

As to the list I made, I was trying to use wines I've seen fellow wine.wooters brag/talk about. I haven't seen too much on the Saxon Brown, but the Vino Noceto did sell out early on a Tuesday, so that may be the one WD referred to.

Mmm ... Saxon Brown Syrah.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

SonomaBouliste wrote:There are always clues hidden here and there. Sometimes they're elementary, my dear Watson, and sometimes they would be a stretch even for Hercule Poirot

waffles?

Of course, other clues seem to be focused on "aiming" and "missing" ... how does that relate to Wellington?

CT | | | | | |

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
norvegicus wrote:The Helix wines seemed popular too.

I bought a 28 bottle Vinotemp cellar at Target today for $60 off.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll be headed there later today.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

MarkDaSpark

Fine, the 2004 Syrah - England Crest?

Although I wouldn't mind the 2004 Zinfandel, Estate 100 Year Old Vines either!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020

Maybe it'll be the whites. Wouldn't that really get your goat?

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
jwhite6114 wrote:waffles?

Of course, other clues seem to be focused on "aiming" and "missing" ... how does that relate to Wellington?

Ooh! Euro 2008 just started Saturday. Soccer tie-in somehow?

Edit: Maybe it has something to do with a "punt"?

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
eljefetwisted wrote:Hopefully Sunday! On Friday and Saturday I will be here:

http://www.tapasociety.org/tapas_grape_exchange/2008/05/discover-spanis.html

That works for me, if you can swing it!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
Hammerofthegods wrote:Lo: the PS is to die for!! bought a couple to lay down for when the wife is able to drink again

Winery rat reports tomorrow-Just got back and need sleep..................

Glad to hear -- any specifics on the flavor profile and tannins?

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

I ended up pickin up a Sunbeam 34 bottle one for under $100 because it was on clearance. It seems to do a solid job at keeping the temp around 57. and there isnt much moisture. So far, its done a great job, you may wanna see if you can find one...I've heard stories about the Vinotemps...some praise it other bash it, so yea, do your research. I know my sunbeam one is low end but it does the job

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
shimey013 wrote:I ended up pickin up a Sunbeam 34 bottle one for under $100 because it was on clearance.

Recently? Where?

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

just bought one of the cellars. Any suggestion as to what temperature I should set it to?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
jwhite6114 wrote:waffles?

Maybe they're a "Shot in the dark" which would lean towards the Noir De Noirs. Seems like a stretch, but Peter's been far more obtuse than that in the past.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
kylemittskus wrote:just bought one of the cellars. Any suggestion as to what temperature I should set it to?

you should probably get a little temperature gauge, set it so that the gauge says 55-57 degrees in the middle of the fridge. I need to set mine to 48 to get it to actually be 55.

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2

oooh! I hope its Wellington, ooh I hope its not, oooh! I hope its Wellington, oh I hope its not, oooh! Definition of insanity... I hope its Wellington, ooh I hope its not, etc. I Love Peter Wellington's/SB/Laborus/Weary Wine Maker's wines. Id be in, my budget wont be happy though. Id be in for any of the ones that have been mentioned. Its gonna be a long week. I cant wait

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
yathink2 wrote:oooh! I hope its Wellington, ooh I hope its not, oooh! I hope its Wellington, oh I hope its not, oooh! Definition of insanity... I hope its Wellington, ooh I hope its not, etc. I Love Peter Wellington's/SB/Laborus/Weary Wine Maker's wines. Id be in, my budget wont be happy though. Id be in for any of the ones that have been mentioned. Its gonna be a long week. I cant wait

I thought we were done with the irresistible wines for a while Please don't be Wellington, my wallet can't handle it. Nor can the quickly-dissipating space in my cellar. Must drink more wine...

Although going back to the original "You missed one"... Wellington was the first thing Sparky listed. So might not be?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

jenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenmonkey

I have absolutely no basis for this thought, but we haven't had a sparkling offering in a while... And I know lots and lots of folks, myself included, absolutely LOVED the S. Anderson sparklers that we've had (especially the blanc de noir). Sparklers for 4th of July??

I know if it's more Wellington, I'm screwed. I just got my wine club selections from Peter (thanks!), and bought a buttload of the Ty wines, and I just don't need more irresistible wines this week!! That's not to say I won't buy it anyway, since I too will order anything that Peter puts in a bottle. It's just that I don't have the budget for it right now.

Wait. Actually, perhaps I should amend that last statement, knowing how sick you guys can be... :D

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
jenmonkey wrote:I have absolutely no basis for this thought, but we haven't had a sparkling offering in a while... And I know lots and lots of folks, myself included, absolutely LOVED the S. Anderson sparklers that we've had (especially the blanc de noir). Sparklers for 4th of July??

Wines that would empty my bank account in a flury of "I want three" and gifting: S. Anderson, Saxon Brown, Wellington, Corison, Kent Rassmussen.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013
eric9tx wrote:Recently? Where?

Since Circuit City use to carry them, and atleast at our store they werent a big seller...there may be some stores that still have them

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
jenmonkey wrote:I have absolutely no basis for this thought, but we haven't had a sparkling offering in a while... And I know lots and lots of folks, myself included, absolutely LOVED the S. Anderson sparklers that we've had (especially the blanc de noir). Sparklers for 4th of July??

Sigh....long overdue for sparklers....agree the blanc de noirs Anderson was quite good....in any event, I hope for some kind of sparkling wine..... (though some of the zins mentioned in this thread sound darn good too as does Peter's noir de noirs)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:I thought we were done with the irresistible wines for a while Please don't be Wellington, my wallet can't handle it. Nor can the quickly-dissipating space in my cellar. Must drink more wine...

Although going back to the original "You missed one"... Wellington was the first thing Sparky listed. So might not be?

Maybe Iron Horse? That had good reviews and posts since it was here. And they do have sparklies.

The only thing is that we haven't seen WD post any other clues since this morning (if it was a clue), or SB since the last "miss" post.

So it seems probable that it is a Wellington offering (MaskedMarvel again), possibly the Noir de Noirs or the Syrah England Crest. Or a dual week offering?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

I just read the clues, and I really don't think it's going to be a Wellington. WD said one was missed in that post and Wellington was in the list. So it wasn't missed.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I just read the clues, and I really don't think it's going to be a Wellington. WD said one was missed in that post and Wellington was in the list. So it wasn't missed.

Didn't I say that? I said that. No one listens to me

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Winedavid39

quality posts: 196 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

A big thanks to eljefetwisted this week. Fantastic participation. in many ways the best we've seen. Thanks for raising the bar amigo-

(and not a single gaff all week)

iByron

Winedavid39 wrote:A big thanks to eljefetwisted this week. Fantastic participation. in many ways the best we've seen. Thanks for raising the bar amigo-

(and not a single gaff all week)

No *%#&@!

(except for that spelling of gaffe) ;)

Sorry. Couldn't pass it up.

Your Private WIneaux

iByron

cheron98 wrote:I thought we were done with the irresistible wines for a while Please don't be Wellington, my wallet can't handle it. Nor can the quickly-dissipating space in my cellar. Must drink more wine...

Or maybe "missed one" wasn't a clue?

Your Private WIneaux

jwhite6114

iByron wrote:No *%#&@!

(except for that spelling of gaffe) ;)

Sorry. Couldn't pass it up.

Or WAS it?

CT | | | | | |

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

I'm pretty sure I won't be staying up until 1am tonight to find out what the week's offering will be. I have too long of a day tomorrow and I'm still quite tired from the week and weekend in general. So with any luck I wake up to it NOT being Wellington or any other Cult winery.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings