eljefetwisted

quality posts: 45 Private Messages eljefetwisted
jkwest wrote:Tell you what....I bought 2 batches here....if they are everything that I am hoping that they are, I will steal my wife away for a Saturday and come on over!!! Maybe even wear my Polyphemus or Vayniac t-shirt so you can tell who I am....

cool! be sure to give me a heads up so I can make sure I am there. (that goes for everyone by the way ;)

Jeff Stai, Owner, Twisted Oak Winery
http://www.twistedoak.com/
http://www.facebook.com/twistedoak

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.017s

Last wooter to woot: yathink2

Glad it made it to payday! In for 2

eljefetwisted

jkwest wrote:That would be wonderful!!!

Hell, I am a wine member of about 4 different wineries from Auburn to Grass Valley..I could put a good word in for those places...not quite sure they have the stock to support a wine.woot week.....but, they probably would like to try...

Just by the way, I'd be willing to host at Twisted Oak. If that is too far maybe we can converge on someplace in the greater Placerville area as a central point, and I can bring some things to share. Just let me know!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
eljefetwisted wrote:Just by the way, I'd be willing to host at Twisted Oak. If that is too far maybe we can converge on someplace in the greater Placerville area as a central point, and I can bring some things to share. Just let me know!

Without a doubt, the best winery wine.woot has ever hosted! Cheers to you El Jefe.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

grate88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grate88

A little off current topic here, but I just opened the 2004 Ty Caton Merlot to enjoy with dinner. I must say it's the first Ty offering I've sampled from the orig 3 pack and the 3 pack field blend I ordered, and I opened this first as Merlot is my least favorite of the reds oredred. But WOW!! This is the best merlot I've ever tasted. I'm blown away. I can't wait to drink the rest of my order and regret not getting multiples. I'll be in on any future Ty Caton offerings without hesitation.

kylemittskus

When does our vino start shipping anyway? I want the F*%#&@! *%#&@ now!

laurmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laurmom

I know it has been said, but I got my TC Field Blend yesterday in the rain... all was well. Tonight I am enjoying (and I mean REALLY enjoying.... ) the Peltier Station Lodi Petite Sirah. Holy Mother of PEARL. This is like... nectar! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!
I haven't caved on this Twisted Juice yet.... but I am playing a little game with myself. If it starts to bounce before Sunday... I grab it!
WD... will you visit me in the poor house?

kylemittskus

laurmom wrote:I know it has been said, but I got my TC Field Blend yesterday in the rain... all was well. Tonight I am enjoying (and I mean REALLY enjoying.... ) the Peltier Station Lodi Petite Sirah. Holy Mother of PEARL. This is like... nectar! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!
I haven't caved on this Twisted Juice yet.... but I am playing a little game with myself. If it starts to bounce before Sunday... I grab it!

All of the TC talk, I wish that had been my first wine.woot. If it pops up again, I am going in for at least one.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
grate88 wrote:A little off current topic here, but I just opened the 2004 Ty Caton Merlot to enjoy with dinner. I must say it's the first Ty offering I've sampled from the orig 3 pack and the 3 pack field blend I ordered, and I opened this first as Merlot is my least favorite of the reds oredred. But WOW!! This is the best merlot I've ever tasted. I'm blown away. I can't wait to drink the rest of my order and regret not getting multiples. I'll be in on any future Ty Caton offerings without hesitation.

nice !

WD

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
laurmom wrote:I know it has been said, but I got my TC Field Blend yesterday in the rain... all was well. Tonight I am enjoying (and I mean REALLY enjoying.... ) the Peltier Station Lodi Petite Sirah. Holy Mother of PEARL. This is like... nectar! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

Welcome to the Dark Side. Enjoy your walk on the PSychos' Path

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
eljefetwisted wrote:Just by the way, I'd be willing to host at Twisted Oak. If that is too far maybe we can converge on someplace in the greater Placerville area as a central point, and I can bring some things to share. Just let me know!

2nd weekend in August? I'll be in NorCal then

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

Guess who found the Twisted Oak PS at his local wine market?

THIS GUY!!!

disclaimer: same answer could apply to the questions "who looks like carp in 99% of photos?" and "who's kinda drunk in this pic?"

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013
kylemittskus wrote:When does our vino start shipping anyway? I want the F*%#&@! *%#&@ now!

I got my tracking # tis morning, so probably it will physically ship on monday ;)

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench
grate88 wrote:A little off current topic here, but I just opened the 2004 Ty Caton Merlot to enjoy with dinner. I must say it's the first Ty offering I've sampled from the orig 3 pack and the 3 pack field blend I ordered, and I opened this first as Merlot is my least favorite of the reds oredred. But WOW!! This is the best merlot I've ever tasted. I'm blown away. I can't wait to drink the rest of my order and regret not getting multiples. I'll be in on any future Ty Caton offerings without hesitation.

Ty is an auto-buy; nevermind how much you have on the rack.... Just wait 'til you hit the Tytanium.

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
inkwench wrote:Ty is an auto-buy; nevermind how much you have on the rack.... Just wait 'til you hit the Tytanium.

It's thinking like this that turned the recent Ty offering (especially the first of that week) into an outright feeding frenzy.

That being my first chance to woot some Ty, I of course joined greedily in. They're chillin' in the cellar, waiting for the right time. I try not to think of them when drinking some so-so juice, 'cause if I did they'd disappear too quickly.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

eljefetwisted

Loweeel wrote:2nd weekend in August? I'll be in NorCal then

Hopefully Sunday! On Friday and Saturday I will be here:

http://www.tapasociety.org/tapas_grape_exchange/2008/05/discover-spanis.html

kylemittskus

shimey013 wrote:I got my tracking # tis morning, so probably it will physically ship on monday ;)

I did too. Thanks. How often does Ty pop up here?

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench
inkwench wrote:Ty is an auto-buy; nevermind how much you have on the rack.... Just wait 'til you hit the Tytanium.

Yeah. I was definitely thinking of the Ty I have on hand when I was thinking about saving wine for a perfect dinner. Doesn't stop me from buying more!

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:I did too. Thanks. How often does Ty pop up here?

I think about twice a year or so. Last time was last July. And before that was January.

See the World of Woot Wine thread on Only slightly math-based predictions on future favorite offeringscreated by Theresa1013

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think about twice a year or so. Last time was last July. And before that was January.

See the World of Woot Wine thread on Only slightly math-based predictions on future favorite offeringscreated by Theresa1013

So we might be due for some here pretty soon... Wine David?

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:So we might be due for some here pretty soon... Wine David?

Were you sleeping? We just had it the week before Dry Creek (5/19). It was the first dual week offering (3 TC set - 2004 TyTanium, 2003 CS, 2004 Merlot; 3 TC Updated set - same, but with 2006 Merlot (they ran out of 2004); and then the 3 TC Field Blend set).

So you might be looking at another 6 months or more.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Were you sleeping? We just had it the week before Dry Creek (5/19). It was the first dual week offering (3 TC set - 2004 TyTanium, 2003 CS, 2004 Merlot; 3 TC Updated set - same, but with 2006 Merlot (they ran out of 2004); and then the 3 TC Field Blend set).

So you might be looking at another 6 months or more.

Damnit! I was sleeping. And I am far too new at this whole wine.woot thing.

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs
eric9tx wrote:Oh, this is tempting. Would be moreso if I knew what more than 50% of the words in the description meant. Gonna be an informative week I hope!

*giggles* this made me laugh

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Damnit! I was sleeping. And I am far too new at this whole wine.woot thing.

Don't worry, you'll pick it up quickly.

Just keep an eye out for some of the popular woots: Wellington, Caton, Corison, Kent Rasmussen, Armida (PoiZin), Woot Cellars (Monkey Prize, Polyphemus, Humbug), & Little Vineyards. Those seem to sell out quickly. Sorry if I missed listing any others.

Edit: I personally loved the Peltier Station Petite Sirah offering, and we did buy a lot of those as well. Many have posted they really enjoyed it, so it may sell out quickly if it appears again.

Hammerofthegods

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammerofthegods

El Jefe:

Up in Angels Camp and in Murphys this weekend. Had a blast and brought a bunch of wine home with me (who needs UPS anyway???). Missed the winery (by a frikin' mile-will explain later) but hit up the winery room in Murphy's (beautiful house by the way).

Lo: the PS is to die for!! bought a couple to lay down for when the wife is able to drink again

Winery rat reports tomorrow-Just got back and need sleep..................

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Don't worry, you'll pick it up quickly.

Just keep an eye out for some of the popular woots: Wellington, Caton, Corison, Kent Rasmussen, Armida (PoiZin), Woot Cellars (Monkey Prize, Polyphemus, Humbug), & Little Vineyards. Those seem to sell out quickly. Sorry if I missed listing any others.

Edit: I personally loved the Peltier Station Petite Sirah offering, and we did buy a lot of those as well. Many have posted they really enjoyed it, so it may sell out quickly if it appears again.

you missed one.

WD

barrymccochener

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrymccochener
winefarm wrote:you missed one.

WD

Serious or Twisted Oak reference??

MarkDaSpark

WD

Sadler-Wells? Woot Cellars Wanna Be Red? Madison Cellars? SakéOne?

I forgot SW sold out, and Madison Cellars is popular (I think).

Edit: SakéOne also sold out the last time.

0U812

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 0U812

WD

Would be a crime to omit Saxon Brown!

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sadler-Wells? Woot Cellars Wanna Be Red? Madison Cellars? SakéOne?

I forgot SW sold out, and Madison Cellars is popular (I think).

Edit: SakéOne also sold out the last time.

Vin Noceto, that went fast too!

txmusicman49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages txmusicman49

WD

Since WF/WD didn't elaborate, could this be construed as an early hint for tonight? Talk amongst yourselves.

TA

hockeyhabit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeyhabit
0U812 wrote:Would be a crime to omit Saxon Brown!

I am so toast if it is Saxon Brown. I would be in for 3. I really don't have room for any more wine but would make room for Saxon. I had Ty's Field Blend last night with dinner...YUM!

MarkDaSpark

txmusicman49 wrote:Since WF/WD didn't elaborate, could this be construed as an early hint for tonight? Talk amongst yourselves.

TA

I was wondering about that myself.

As to the list I made, I was trying to use wines I've seen fellow wine.wooters brag/talk about. I haven't seen too much on the Saxon Brown, but the Vino Noceto did sell out early on a Tuesday, so that may be the one WD referred to.

Chronotrigga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chronotrigga

Has anyone tried any of the Twisted Oak wines? What would be your take on them? I'm thinking about buying a pack for Father's Day, but need someone to sway me.

Cheapassgamer / Digitalpoint / Webhostingtalk

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2
Chronotrigga wrote:Has anyone tried any of the Twisted Oak wines? What would be your take on them? I'm thinking about buying a pack for Father's Day, but need someone to sway me.

Read this:

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2292848&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=30

I really like having the La'Brat reports all in one place

Thanks again Cheron98

bugzappers2112

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bugzappers2112

I really want to, but I can't.

I do hope you make more offerings of this magnitude.

Money is just really an issue right now.

Nice write up of a harlequin romance.

You can Woot! if you want to, you can leave Amazon behind, because if you don't buy the Woot! from the real Woot!, then you're, no friend of mine. Say we can Woot!, we can Woot!, they're doing it from home to home.

MarkDaSpark

WD,

Two items.

1) Have you considered adding a quicker shipping option similar to Shirt.Woot?

So the normal ground shipping method (with updated summer shipping) as a default, with an option to go with a more expensive overnight/2 day Air shipping for those wineaux who are concerned about heat/cold.

I just thought of it, when I saw ERMD post in the pub about not ordering due to his concern of the wine sitting in a Brown Oven (UPS Van). Not sure if you could do it, but wanted to ask.

2) We Wants Our Clue!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
yathink2 wrote:I really like having the La'Brat reports all in one place

Thanks again Cheron98

My pleasure

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
MarkDaSpark wrote:Don't worry, you'll pick it up quickly.

Judging from this week's response, Twisted Oak may be back, especially if people start raving about the wines.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
MarkDaSpark wrote:WD,

Two items.

1) Have you considered adding a quicker shipping option similar to Shirt.Woot?

So the normal ground shipping method (with updated summer shipping) as a default, with an option to go with a more expensive overnight/2 day Air shipping for those wineaux who are concerned about heat/cold.

I just thought of it, when I saw ERMD post in the pub about not ordering due to his concern of the wine sitting in a Brown Oven (UPS Van). Not sure if you could do it, but wanted to ask.

2) We Wants Our Clue!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

There are always clues hidden here and there. Sometimes they're elementary, my dear Watson, and sometimes they would be a stretch even for Hercule Poirot