bluebledthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluebledthesea

Anyone know where I should get a Wii from? I know there are all sorts of random places, but I want a reputable place at the right price. I can get a bundle from Gamestop, but I know I don't want half the games it comes with. (Sonic? Cooking Mama? Please...)

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
bluebledthesea wrote:Anyone know where I should get a Wii from? I know there are all sorts of random places, but I want a reputable place at the right price. I can get a bundle from Gamestop, but I know I don't want half the games it comes with. (Sonic? Cooking Mama? Please...)

Here is your wii tracker. K. Thanks. Bye.

killingtime

xIchigox wrote:What I want to buy today is a nice 40"+ 1080p HDTV. Could be either DLP or LCD. Only reason I would consider DLP is because it's generally cheaper at bigger sizes.

Next on my list is an Xbox360 Elite 120gb coming out end of April. Starts at $479 I believe. If any of you are interested in entering giveaways or looking for some sites that have great deals, just email me and I'll hook you up. Msg me at icepick345[at]aim[dot]com.

If you decided to buy through Amazon, you get a $50 rebate

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

Thanks KT! That's what I was looking for, but just as I suspected, nothing's in stock anywhere.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
bluebledthesea wrote:Thanks KT! That's what I was looking for, but just as I suspected, nothing's in stock anywhere.

If I see a plain Wii, should I buy it and sent it to you?

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluebledthesea wrote:

Thanks KT! That's what I was looking for, but just as I suspected, nothing's in stock anywhere.

What I found from our Wii chase....

Toys R Us gets more stock but they were further away from us.

Find out when your local Gamestop generally gets deliveries. Ours were Tu & Th around 2pm. Call or hang out around that time. First come, first serve.

When I looked prices were fairly consistent. You may find better now, not sure. It's still in demand.

As to game reviews, the best place out there (IMHO) is www.gamespot.com.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bluebledthesea

daj59 wrote:
What I found from our Wii chase....

Toys R Us gets more stock but they were further away from us.

Find out when your local Gamestop generally gets deliveries. Ours were Tu & Th around 2pm. Call or hang out around that time. First come, first serve.

When I looked prices were fairly consistent. You may find better now, not sure. It's still in demand.

As to game reviews, the best place out there (IMHO) is www.gamespot.com.

Thanks daj, I've been a Gamespot member for years and I always go there first for reviews. Toys R Us is at least an hour away. The closest is Gamestop, 20 minutes. I'll check them out, but I figured I'd try online first. I really can't be anywhere before 4pm on weekdays to wait for something to come in stock... you know, work and all.

EDIT: They have the Nintendo Wii Family Pack which you can reserve online for $550. It's actually worth it with the system, extra nunchuck, wiimote, memory card and 4 games. Only problem is the only game I want is Zelda and maybe Monkey Ball. I wonder if I can return the games new and unopened for something of equal value... I'm gonna want Mario Party 8 and Super Smash Bros when they come out... probably Super Paper Mario and Warioware too.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
bluebledthesea wrote:

Thanks daj, I've been a Gamespot member for years and I always go there first for reviews. Toys R Us is at least an hour away. The closest is Gamestop, 20 minutes. I'll check them out, but I figured I'd try online first. I really can't be anywhere before 4pm on weekdays to wait for something to come in stock... you know, work and all.

EDIT: They have the Nintendo Wii Family Pack which you can reserve online for $550. It's actually worth it with the system, extra nunchuck, wiimote, memory card and 4 games. Only problem is the only game I want is Zelda and maybe Monkey Ball. I wonder if I can return the games new and unopened for something of equal value... I'm gonna want Mario Party 8 and Super Smash Bros when they come out... probably Super Paper Mario and Warioware too.

Your best bet at this point is ebay.

bluebledthesea

zea3 wrote:
Your best bet at this point is ebay.

Ewww... I don't do eBay.

FenStar

bluebledthesea wrote:Ewww... I don't do eBay.

http://www.ejectit.com/
Meory card reader

ThunderThighs

Staff

bluebledthesea wrote:

If you read the shipping information, they may substitutes the games. Also first ordered, first served. If they run out, you're SOL so you better make up your mind quickly.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bluebledthesea

daj59 wrote:
If you read the shipping information, they may substitutes the games. Also first ordered, first served. If they run out, you're SOL so you better make up your mind quickly.

It says they can substitute games if they want... I have no choice.

bluebledthesea

daj59 wrote:If they run out, you're SOL so you better make up your mind quickly.

Ugh, MB would kill me. Well, she would eventually forgive me because she would play it just as much... But she'd prefer something small, round and shiny first. I can afford both, but it's just how she would perceive my priorities. Women are crazy.

I can always wait. Finding a Wii will only get easier as time passes...

ThunderThighs

Staff

bluebledthesea wrote:

It says they can substitute games if they want... I have no choice.

Yea, that's what I meant to say. You may not get the ones pictured.

FORUM MODERATOR

FenStar

My brother wants a camcorder.

FenStar

How about Bluetooth headphones suggestions?

killingtime

FenStar wrote:My brother wants a camcorder.

I think we helped you with this prior so the request is no longer valid since you didn't pass along the info.

killingtime

Looking for a good deal on blue-eyed lobelia seeds...

bluebledthesea

FenStar wrote:My brother wants a camcorder.

There you go Fen, Woot read your mind. Try asking for some winning lottery tickets next.

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:

It hasn't shown any updates in 4 days... hrrrmmm... I want to see some activity! Granted, we had the weekend and Easter and all...

ThunderThighs

Staff

bluebledthesea wrote:

It hasn't shown any updates in 4 days... hrrrmmm... I want to see some activity! Granted, we had the weekend and Easter and all...

Which means no shipping and thus no shipments.

FORUM MODERATOR

bluebledthesea

daj59 wrote:Which means no shipping and thus no shipments.

But what I don't see is information for reserves. According to the Gamespot site I can still put in for that bundle, but the tracker makes no mention of it. It could at least list information for those sorts of things. In fact, it hasn't updated Gamespot information since the last bundle offer in March. If it's almost 2 weeks behind, it's kind of useless to me...

ThunderThighs

Staff

bluebledthesea wrote:

But what I don't see is information for reserves. According to the Gamespot site I can still put in for that bundle, but the tracker makes no mention of it. It could at least list information for those sorts of things. In fact, it hasn't updated Gamespot information since the last bundle offer in March. If it's almost 2 weeks behind, it's kind of useless to me...

I never used the tracker. I just used the phone and the ol' car.

FORUM MODERATOR

bluebledthesea

daj59 wrote:I never used the tracker. I just used the phone and the ol' car.

I'm trying to purchase a video game system here... obviously I shun human contact.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bluebledthesea wrote:

I'm trying to purchase a video game system here... obviously I shun human contact.

You know Cruzer just sold his, right?

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

bluebledthesea

daj59 wrote:You know Cruzer just sold his, right?

Well that doesn't help me...

DizzleDee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DizzleDee

I just bought some more whey protein for shakes... Yum

Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.

killingtime

cruzer wrote: The two cameras I am looking at getting

and to work!

If it is just between these particular cameras, I'd do the Olympus Stylus 740 for image stabilization.

Edit: You may want to see what card it takes, is it an XD?

bluebledthesea

killingtime wrote:If it is just between these particular cameras, I'd do the Olympus Stylus 740 for image stabilization.

What card do you take?

cruzer

killingtime wrote:

If it is just between these particular cameras, I'd do the Olympus Stylus 740 for image stabilization.

it is an xd card.

have any other suggestions? I think we need a thread just for this subject.

tall4agirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tall4agirl
bluebledthesea wrote:

I think there's still an old Atari system in my basement...

killingtime

bluebledthesea wrote:

What card do you take?

Debit. No credit card disputes for me. ;)

killingtime

cruzer wrote:

it is an xd card.

have any other suggestions? I think we need a thread just for this subject.

XD cards aren't all that bad as I have one for my Fuji FinePix, but they generally aren't on sale as much as SD cards. Plus, once you buy a large one, you should be fine...plus you have the petty one they give you.

killingtime

cruzer

killingtime wrote:Cruzer?

even with the price match, its too expensive.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi KT, Hi Cruzer!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime

cruzer wrote:

even with the price match, its too expensive.

Am I missing something? One of the ones you picked is $289 according to the link you posted...and the Canon was $277 after price match. *scratches head and watches dandruff fall*

killingtime

dontwantaname wrote:Hi KT, Hi Cruzer!

Hello birthday girl. Do you get birthday sex?

cruzer

killingtime wrote:

Am I missing something? One of the ones you picked is $289 according to the link you posted...and the Canon was $277 after price match. *scratches head and watches dandruff fall*

just because it is 289 there doesn't mean I'm going to buy it for 289.