WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you drink soft drinks?
  • 4.3% - Yes, but only natural ones, like homemade lemonade. Keeps my palate sharp. 20
  • 12.2% - Yes, but only ones with real sugar like a microbrew root beer or Mexican Coke. No corn syrup for me! 56
  • 52.2% - Yes, and I’m not really picky as long as they taste good. 240
  • 18.3% - No. If I want something bubbly and non-alcoholic I’ll drink seltzer. 84
  • 13% - Only hard drinks for me, thanks! 60
460 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt

Very rarely, less than once a month.

Water, wine, beer in that order.

CT Updating, please wait....

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

Was never allowed to have any growing up, which has resulted in that I still can't stand the taste of most of them. Might have a grape Nehi every year or so but it has been several years since I've been anyplace that they are sold. Damn I miss North Carolina.

quark613

quality posts: 11 Private Messages quark613

Seltzer with a squeeze of lemon or a little juice. Or both!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I'll have a Malibu rum & coke every once in awhile.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
offgridmanpolktn wrote:Was never allowed to have any growing up, which has resulted in that I still can't stand the taste of most of them. Might have a grape Nehi every year or so but it has been several years since I've been anyplace that they are sold. Damn I miss North Carolina.

I'm from NC too. My son misses Cheerwine, but...we are starting to see it in a few grocery stores here in Florida. I had peach Nehi when I was a little girl & lived in Gerogia.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

There's a place in Minnesota that sells grape Nehi. I've had some there.

I also drink primarily water, wine, and beer in that order. Despite my Nehi episode, I probably drink pop (or soda, for those who don't know the right term) four or five times a year.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn
coynedj wrote:There's a place in Minnesota that sells grape Nehi. I've had some there.

I also drink primarily water, wine, and beer in that order. Despite my Nehi episode, I probably drink pop (or soda, for those who don't know the right term) four or five times a year.

thanks ,here in the south where its known as pop I still get the smiles for calling it soda pop

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
coynedj wrote:There's a place in Minnesota that sells grape Nehi. I've had some there.

I call it diabetes juice

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

McGuffy

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McGuffy

Water, Diet Soda, and Crystal Light - I save my liquid calories for various alcoholic libations.

"There are 2 types of people in the world: Those can extrapolate from incomplete data."

Unclesally

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Unclesally

I wish I could get some Birch Beer here in SC. I buy it when I travel to Buffalo. It's a soft drink and it makes good birch beer floats.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
hogfatt wrote:Very rarely, less than once a month.

rarely here. I drink water when we go out, unless I have a long drive and am grasping at any form of caffeine. Otherwise only when I have a headache/migraine coming on.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
hogfatt wrote:Very rarely, less than once a month.

good man.
Though I'd insert fresh fruit or veg juices before beers!

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt
richardhod wrote:good man.
Though I'd insert fresh fruit or veg juices before beers!

I am already fat...if I put soda on top of this, the earth would rotate around me.

CT Updating, please wait....

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
Unclesally wrote:I wish I could get some Birch Beer here in SC. I buy it when I travel to Buffalo. It's a soft drink and it makes good birch beer floats.

You could always order some Birch Beer online.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
hogfatt wrote:I am already fat...if I put soda on top of this, the earth would rotate around me.

LMFAO
No soda, only the freshest natural juice! But water from a good natural source can is the most wonderful drink known to man, wine included!

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103

Water, home-roasted espresso, microbrews, wine. (Dang, I didn't think I was THAT much of a snob!!!) And I actually do drink club soda or seltzer when I want something bubbly.

Unclesally

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Unclesally
chipgreen wrote:You could always order some Birch Beer online.

Thanks for the site!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

Not in 8 or 9 years. Water, wine, whiskey, beer, not necessarily in that order. Although, I love sparkling water with a lime; is that a soft drink?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
Unclesally wrote:Thanks for the site!

My pleasure! I was actually looking for a brand of Birch beer that I used to drink as a child. I thought it was Vernors or Cotton Club. I couldn't find either of those but stumbled onto that site in the process.

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

I used to drink about a 12 pack of Diet Coke a day. I decided to cut out as many artificial ingredients from my diet as possible, and quit soda, for the most part, about 6 months ago. Sometimes I will drink a Sierra Mist, but mostly I stick with water. I wish there were more options for natural fizzy drinks. Especially ones that are made with real juice. None of the ones I have found, so far, including Sierra Mist, have juice.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
ThatPoshGirl wrote:I used to drink about a 12 pack of Diet Coke a day. I decided to cut out as many artificial ingredients from my diet as possible, and quit soda, for the most part, about 6 months ago. Sometimes I will drink a Sierra Mist, but mostly I stick with water. I wish there were more options for natural fizzy drinks. Especially ones that are made with real juice. None of the ones I have found, so far, including Sierra Mist, have juice.

Arrowhead makes a sparkling water that is flavored. What's interesting about it is that the flavor is in the CO2. No sugar, no color, no anything except flavored bubbles. It's really refreshing. I've seen orange, lemon, and pom.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20

I probably average about 1 a week. Typically coke or Dr. Pepper.
I find the small 100cal cans are perfect with a glass and ice.

Other than that, water and unsweetened ice tea by day and beer or wine by night.

CT

bhodilee

richardhod wrote:LMFAO
No soda, only the freshest natural juice! But water from a good natural source can is the most wonderful drink known to man, wine included!

You, my Brit friend, would LOVE the Sandhills of Nebraska if that's the case. I actually look forward to going up there to drink A) Water B) Tea C) Coffee

It's just the best water ever. If I ever get wealthy I'm moving up there and opening a brewery.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

ThatPoshGirl wrote:I used to drink about a 12 pack of Diet Coke a day. I decided to cut out as many artificial ingredients from my diet as possible, and quit soda, for the most part, about 6 months ago. Sometimes I will drink a Sierra Mist, but mostly I stick with water. I wish there were more options for natural fizzy drinks. Especially ones that are made with real juice. None of the ones I have found, so far, including Sierra Mist, have juice.

you should get a Soda Stream and make your own syrups. We sell these at my other job and sample them all the time. Not bad actually. I wouldn't buy one cause soda isn't my thing, but not bad.

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:Arrowhead makes a sparkling water that is flavored. What's interesting about it is that the flavor is in the CO2. No sugar, no color, no anything except flavored bubbles. It's really refreshing. I've seen orange, lemon, and pom.

HAH, pom, that says pom. I was gonna say, yeah I've seen that too.

Also, since I'm shilling True Lemon is awesome stuff in tea, it'd probably be great in sparkling water also.

It's crystallized lemon, taht's it, that's all. Tasty stuff in drinks/baking/cooking. They have lemon/orange/lime and I think Lemonades. I don't remember. Been awhile since I got it. You can most likely find them in your grocery store, but around here it's pretty schizophrenic as to where they actually put them on the shelf.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
fuzzypeaches wrote:I'm from NC too. My son misses Cheerwine, but...we are starting to see it in a few grocery stores here in Florida. I had peach Nehi when I was a little girl & lived in Gerogia.

Another NC native here. I don't drink Coke (that's what we call all sodas in the South - eg..
"Do you want a Coke?"
"Yes"
"OK, we have Sprite or Rootbeer"),
but I will have a Cheerwine when I'm back home in the Old North State.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)