CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So for Saturday, what time will we be leaving Oakland? And also, for those of us staying at the hotel, are we all just gonna caravan up together?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Proposed Wines for After Party. (Need ok from PetiteSirah to make sure not committing Infanticide on them).

Domingo Molina Tannat from Argentina (similar to PS)
Tobin James Bodacious 2007 PS
Aaron 2007 Swell PS
Aaron 2008 PS
Stanton 2007 PS

PS Ports

David Fulton Sweet Petite 2006 (PS)
Vincent Arroyo PS Port 2005
Ty Caton PS Dessert Wine 2007 (This is the one you want)
Bogle PS Port 2005

Those local to the area could bring some crackers & cheese to snack on ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:So for Saturday, what time will we be leaving Oakland? And also, for those of us staying at the hotel, are we all just gonna caravan up together?

I was planning on leaving around 8:30 to make it to the Holiday Inn Express (American Canyon) to drop off my stuff by 9:20. Leaving there around 9:35 to make it to Biale.

So we could meet at 8:30 and caravan up to the HIE, or meet at the HIE at 9:30am, or meet at Biale at 10.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

joannevicious wrote:Also, I'm happy to call ahead to Preston to warn them.

Thank you! Please do so, and let them know about how many and that we are Wooters.

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:Mark - Did you want me to contact Hawley and let them know we are coming. I could try and get them to break out some library PS, but no guarantees.

Also, the winery location is close to Preston if we wanted to consider going there instead of the tasting room. They have a pretty nice view.

Yes please do! Let them know approx. how many and that we are Wooters.

And is the winery close to Preston? It looked farther away on the Google Maps. Main thing is we need to be at Wellington around 4pm.

CAGrl

Well, why don't we plan on meeting at Biale by 10 then.

Also, I was thinking about bringing Twisted Oak 2008 PS and/or Denier-Handal 2009 PS (obviously if not committing infanticide).

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes please do! Let them know approx. how many and that we are Wooters.

And is the winery close to Preston? It looked farther away on the Google Maps. Main thing is we need to be at Wellington around 4pm.

I have contacted the winery and unfortunately we can't taste at the winery so tasting room is our only option. I let them know it would be around a dozen folks @~2pm.

We are also packing a cooler for the weekend, so I can bring some cheese and crackers. Let me know if you have special requests because I am pairing impaired.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Well, why don't we plan on meeting at Biale by 10 then.

Also, I was thinking about bringing Twisted Oak 2008 PS and/or Denier-Handal 2009 PS (obviously if not committing infanticide).

2009 is a bit early. I think the TO PS should be okay.

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:2009 is a bit early. I think the TO PS should be okay.

Then TO it is.

MarkDaSpark

1 Day to Go!!!

And in case someone wants to visit somewhere else after Concannon on Monday .... Livermore Wine Maps

Last year we ate at Wente for lunch, but it was a long drive to their tasting room. Nice place, but long drive!

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
MarkDaSpark wrote:Okay, How does this sound for Saturday? Need confirmations on who's coming. And to verify we can go to each. Times are approximate and subject to change. Spitting is recommended (until we reach Scott's).

And we need to figure out about lunch too. Suggestions?

• Biale Vineyards (starting around 10?) -- 10 to 11
  • Corison (around 21 min from Biale) -- 11:30 to 12:30
  • Lunch -- 12:30 to 1:00 (or so)
  • Kent Rasmussen (6 min from Corison) -- 1:00 to 2:00
  • Vincent Arroyo (19 min from Kent's) -- 2:30 to 3:30
  • Prager Port Works (17 min from VA) -- 4:00 to 4:30
  • David Fulton Winery (around 10 min or so) -- 4:45 to 5:15
  • Scott Harvey's (across from DFW) -- 5:30 pm to ????

Too ambitious? We could leave out Prager and maybe Corison .... We could buy sandwiches at that market in Calistoga (Biale to VA, market, then to Kent, etc.)

I'm a little late to the party. Thanks for the heads up tenuki.

I am in for either saturday morning or saturday evening. Not the whole day. And not sunday at all... even though I really want to get to Wellington someday. Preferably with other wooters

I will most likely meet you at Biale at 10 and go to Corison (I haven't tried her stuff yet). After that I will head home. Probably.

Sparky, have you left yet? If you remember my vegas wine i'll take it off your hands saturday. If it's too late I guess you'll just have to start charging me a storage fee. I should send you the rest of my wine. Some of it might actually get to age that way.

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:I'm a little late to the party. Thanks for the heads up tenuki.

I am in for either saturday morning or saturday evening. Not the whole day. And not sunday at all... even though I really want to get to Wellington someday. Preferably with other wooters

I will most likely meet you at Biale at 10 and go to Corison (I haven't tried her stuff yet). After that I will head home. Probably.

Sparky, have you left yet? If you remember my vegas wine i'll take it off your hands saturday. If it's too late I guess you'll just have to start charging me a storage fee. I should send you the rest of my wine. Some of it might actually get to age that way.

Potty Emergency!!!! Knew I was going to forget something! Was down there yesterday, and could use the room. Course, there are only 3 bottles left after evaporation.

Hitting the road in 35 minutes or so, so no chance to grab them (opposite direction).

Well, you going to the bottling in May? Or to Bakersfield sometime soon?

And we are going to Wellington late on Sunday, no chance to sneak away then?

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
MarkDaSpark wrote:Potty Emergency!!!! Knew I was going to forget something! Was down there yesterday, and could use the room. Course, there are only 3 bottles left after evaporation.

Well, you going to the bottling in May? Or to Bakersfield sometime soon?

By May there won't be any left at all :P I guess i'll have to risk it though. See you saturday!

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Is anybody from the Peninsula/South Bay area coming for just Saturday fun? I'm trying to work out logistics for transportation - carpooling would be nice if we can swing it. Also would be lovely to get a ride back to BART after the post-party so that we don't end up sleeping on a couch somewhere. If meeting anybody in the city, we are starting from Mission Bay/AT&T Park.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
mewalk707 wrote:I'm a little late to the party. Thanks for the heads up tenuki.

That's it? Boo! :P

CT

tenuki

klezman wrote:Is anybody from the Peninsula/South Bay area coming for just Saturday fun? I'm trying to work out logistics for transportation - carpooling would be nice if we can swing it. Also would be lovely to get a ride back to BART after the post-party so that we don't end up sleeping on a couch somewhere. If meeting anybody in the city, we are starting from Mission Bay/AT&T Park.

I can probably drop you off at bart. Guessing I'd either drop you off at 12th street station or berkeley though.

CT

joannevicious

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joannevicious

Sunday. Ok. How many are we for Sunday? I'm counting only 3-4...

me (+ a couple not counting kids)
sparky
tenuki

who else?

tenuki

joannevicious wrote:Sunday. Ok. How many are we for Sunday? I'm counting only 3-4...

sparky
tenuki

who else?

Think we're assuming loweeel and his group so maybe 6 more there. Still unsure whether I'll be +2 or not for Sunday.

CT

trifecta

joannevicious wrote:Sunday. Ok. How many are we for Sunday? I'm counting only 3-4...

sparky
tenuki

who else?

3 in my group.

Edit: I was not counting Lowell and his group when I notified Hawley. I gave them an estimate of 12 so hopefully that is at least close.

joannevicious

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joannevicious
tenuki wrote:Think we're assuming loweeel and his group so maybe 6 more there. Still unsure whether I'll be +2 or not for Sunday.

So here's a bummer, if we're more than 8, which it seems that we are, we can't hit Preston.

Pedroncelli is nearby Ridge as well, not sure if they have PS, but they are a wine.woot favorite.

trifecta

joannevicious wrote:So here's a bummer, if we're more than 8, which it seems that we are, we can't hit Preston.

Pedroncelli is nearby Ridge as well, not sure if they have PS, but they are a wine.woot favorite.

We should try to find out if the group of 6 will be joining us. My group could also skip Preston because I have to pick up from Meeker, but that might not help you get under 8.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Have fun guys!! Wish I could be there with you all, but alas, it was just not in the cards for this year!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

klezman

tenuki wrote:I can probably drop you off at bart. Guessing I'd either drop you off at 12th street station or berkeley though.

That could work. Also just realized we may need a pickup on our way in if we're not driving. Stupid Bay Bridge closure. We're looking for a place to crash tomorrow night in the East Bay at this point. All logistics become easier. Then a Saturday carpool is also in the cards if there are enough people coming back down to the Bay.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

CAGrl

klezman wrote:That could work. Also just realized we may need a pickup on our way in if we're not driving. Stupid Bay Bridge closure. We're looking for a place to crash tomorrow night in the East Bay at this point. All logistics become easier. Then a Saturday carpool is also in the cards if there are enough people coming back down to the Bay.

So does that mean you and gf are going to crash at the hotel?

Edit: Because I'd love it if you and your gf would split the room with me.

klezman

CAGrl wrote:So does that mean you and gf are going to crash at the hotel?

Edit: Because I'd love it if you and your gf would split the room with me.

Hmmm...how much in total? That would certainly simplify things but neither of us are looking to spend money (a situation I know you are familiar with), especially given how close we are.

tenuki

klezman wrote:That could work. Also just realized we may need a pickup on our way in if we're not driving. Stupid Bay Bridge closure. We're looking for a place to crash tomorrow night in the East Bay at this point. All logistics become easier. Then a Saturday carpool is also in the cards if there are enough people coming back down to the Bay.

Pickup's harder since I don't know what time I'm going to be leaving to pick up J.

CAGrl (I always thought you had an i, weird), weren't you splitting with ajrod?

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:Pickup's harder since I don't know what time I'm going to be leaving to pick up J.

CAGrl (I always thought you had an i, weird), weren't you splitting with ajrod?

Yeah, but hubby wasn't comfortable with me sharing with a guy. But if Kelz and gf then he's a bit more comfortable.

CAGrl

klezman wrote:Hmmm...how much in total? That would certainly simplify things but neither of us are looking to spend money (a situation I know you are familiar with), especially given how close we are.

Yeah. Kinda why I tried to split with ajrod but didn't work out. It was $100 total so $50. But I totally understand if you don't want to because of the proximity.

Also, are you guys going to join in the festivities on Saturday?

klezman

CAGrl wrote:Yeah. Kinda why I tried to split with ajrod but didn't work out. It was $100 total so $50. But I totally understand if you don't want to because of the proximity.

Also, are you guys going to join in the festivities on Saturday?

Our plan is to join Saturday but not Sunday. She will likely be going to her lab on Monday but I am likely to join in for Livermore. I'll let you know about the room when I next speak to her. $50 isn't bad at all.

CAGrl

klezman wrote:Our plan is to join Saturday but not Sunday. She will likely be going to her lab on Monday but I am likely to join in for Livermore. I'll let you know about the room when I next speak to her. $50 isn't bad at all.

Yay. I'm only on for Saturday as well. So when I check in, then I will ask for 2 King beds.

Also, I won't be coming back to the bay area, but if you want a ride up to and around Napa on Saturday, I can drive you both up.

I will message you my phone number so we can keep in touch.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Yay. I'm only on for Saturday as well. So when I check in, then I will ask for 2 King beds.

Also, I won't be coming back to the bay area, but if you want a ride up to and around Napa on Saturday, I can drive you both up.

I will message you my phone number so we can keep in touch.

Don't forget my precious!!!

Also, I replied to all the D&D PM's with my cell phone number, in case.

If you aren't going to be there by 5:15pm, I will put your tickets in an envelope at the front door. However, except for bsevern, I need your last names & city (for security). Just reply to the PM with them.

Edit: Umm, doh. Forgot the emails had last names. So just need City info.

MarkDaSpark

Oh, and I'm on the 3rd floor, so when you check in, see if you can get on the same floor.

MarkDaSpark

(Just pretend the O is a 0)

0 Days Left!!! Woot!

D&D is tonight, and WD gave us a great present today. PS Woot-off!!

Oh, and the 3L Clayhouse PS at tonight's Silent Auction will be MINE!!! Razzle-frazzle thief last year stole it there.

klezman

Is Saturday's plan set? I think molarchae and I will join the crew at the HI OAK and share the room with CAGrl. Then it's just a matter of logistics for Saturday. We will be returning bay-wards Saturday evening, hopefully after some Forte and conversation with Scott, so anybody who is driving back that way we would happily carpool with.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:

3 Days Away!!!!

Okay, How does this sound for Saturday? Need confirmations on who's coming. And to verify we can go to each. Times are approximate and subject to change. Spitting is recommended (until we reach Scott's).

And we need to figure out about lunch too. Suggestions?

• Biale Vineyards (starting around 10?) -- 10 to 11
  • Corison (around 21 min from Biale) -- 11:30 to 12:30
  • Lunch -- 12:30 to 1:00 (or so)
  • Kent Rasmussen (6 min from Corison) -- 1:00 to 2:00
  • Vincent Arroyo (19 min from Kent's) -- 2:30 to 3:30
  • Prager Port Works (17 min from VA) -- 4:00 to 4:30
  • David Fulton Winery (around 10 min or so) -- 4:45 to 5:15
  • Scott Harvey's (across from DFW) -- 5:30 pm to ????

Too ambitious? We could leave out Prager and maybe Corison .... We could buy sandwiches at that market in Calistoga (Biale to VA, market, then to Kent, etc.)

Change of plans ... Biale is at Noon, and Corison at 1pm ... busy weekend. David Fulton at 4:00 pm, so probably skip Prager.

Kent around 2:30, if I hear back from him. or see him tonight.

Let's meet at Vincent Arroyo at 10:00.

Corison will comp our tasting fees, but be prepared to pay at the others.

And WineDavid has confirmed he and WineFarm will be with us tonight!!!

MarkDaSpark

Anyone at the HI Oakland needing a ride over? I'm leaving around 4:30 or so ....

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Anyone at the HI Oakland needing a ride over? I'm leaving around 4:30 or so ....

Leaving Menlo Park now...see y'all soon!

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Change of plans ... Biale is at Noon, and Corison at 1pm ... busy weekend. David Fulton at 4:00 pm, so probably skip Prager.

Kent around 2:30, if I hear back from him. or see him tonight.

Let's meet at Vincent Arroyo at 10:00.

Corison will comp our tasting fees, but be prepared to pay at the others.

And WineDavid has confirmed he and WineFarm will be with us tonight!!!

Nice!

Any word on dinner with Scott? I had a request for some Zachary's pizza if we'll be back by the Bay for dinner.

texacaliali

quality posts: 137 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

be sure to stop by at say hello to Bubba Bo Bob Brain Handal of Handal Denier Vineyards and Mike Drash at Aratas & Tallulah Wines!

Would also love to get some options on any new discoveries too, please PM me if you are so compelled!

Sorry to miss, off to judge the Dallas Morning News Wine Competition this weekend. Cheers and be safe everyone! - Ali

WineDavid was my Boss!

trifecta

MarkDaSpark wrote:Anyone at the HI Oakland needing a ride over? I'm leaving around 4:30 or so ....

Mark,

We have 3 that could use a ride. We can cab back if needed. We will be in the lobby by 4:30.