North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bkarlan wrote:Tallulah Syrah 06 $15

Yup. Just picked up two of those.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
sukeiasa wrote:wow... no time for research on that lbw marathon... CT and lose... i guess it's good for people who know what's good already...

I tried to get 4 bottles of the Coume Del Mas and it would only let me get 1. I got 1, then the bottle changed over.. You are correct, no time for research.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan

North316 wrote:Yup. Just picked up two of those.

arr, you changed you icon. I almost didnt recognize you

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

fcherena

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fcherena

Anyone have any experience with the Tallulah Syrah? limited CT notes.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Got 1 of the Tallulah. Nice way to sample it without having to commit to 3 bottles at a time.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

Figured i would take a stab as well @ $15 bucks. $23 here @ woot a couple of weeks ago so prob. cant do much better.

North316

redwinefan wrote:Got 1 of the Tallulah. Nice way to sample it without having to commit to 3 bottles at a time.

Exactly. And a cheaper price with free shipping.

My CT

redwinefan

fcherena wrote:Anyone have any experience with the Tallulah Syrah? limited CT notes.

The 2006 seemed to get good feedback on the previous offers here. I have some of the 2007 at $15 which definitely was a nice QPR at that price.

redwinefan

sukeiasa wrote:wow... no time for research on that lbw marathon... CT and lose... i guess it's good for people who know what's good already...

I wrote a plugin I'm using that helps you do the CT lookup quick, but it isn't release ready. I'll try to get it packaged and put up before the next one of these sales comes along.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Tallulah seems to be very well received here, so snagged two bottles. Wish it was that GSM everyone was raving about, I'd love to try that.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Purchased

Tullulah 2006 bald mountain syrah

Mas d'en Gil 2000 Clos Fonta Priorat

mostly on credits :-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

fcherena

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fcherena
bsevern wrote:Tallulah seems to be very well received here, so snagged two bottles. Wish it was that GSM everyone was raving about, I'd love to try that.

Picked me up 2 as well to help move this along as well! thanks for the tips.

North316

Damn, the moon mountain port is back up but I haven't tried any of it yet. We were going to have some last night but my wife fell asleep and we didn't open it.

My CT

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

Last Bottle is moving at a frenzied pace! It seems like every time I refresh its a new wine.

bsevern

Lots of German Rieslings, wish I was more familiar with them to take a flyer on one.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Stuck on the: Larmandier Bernier N.V.
Rose de Saignee

bsevern

Looks like we're stuck on the pink champagne.

bkarlan

North316 wrote:Damn, the moon mountain port is back up but I haven't tried any of it yet. We were going to have some last night but my wife fell asleep and we didn't open it.

I disliked mine. For the price it is ok. And got better if in the decanter for 3 hours

bkarlan

bsevern wrote:Lots of German Rieslings, wish I was more familiar with them to take a flyer on one.

And I can't be happier

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa
bsevern wrote:Looks like we're stuck on the pink champagne.

i wonder if it's a real 'woot off' stuck or a systems glitch... it'd be interesting if someone has a chart of how long each of the offers lasted to see what 'stuck' would be for them...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

bkarlan

Anyone know if a mobile app for last bottle? This is killing me to do while at the tavern

trifecta

sukeiasa wrote:i wonder if it's a real 'woot off' stuck or a systems glitch... it'd be interesting if someone has a chart of how long each of the offers lasted to see what 'stuck' would be for them...

I have seen a few that probably only lasted about 15-30 seconds.I think it is the higher priced items that slow things down. With no shipping lots more folks are hopping in for a single bottle at cheaper prices like sub $15. Those disappear nearly right away.

redwinefan

bkarlan wrote:Anyone know if a mobile app for last bottle? This is killing me to do while at the tavern

What kind of phone do you have? I know there are auto web refreshers for the iPhone in the app store. Search for web reload.

bkarlan

redwinefan wrote:What kind of phone do you have? I know there are auto web refreshers for the iPhone in the app store. Search for web reload.

iPhone. Thanks I will check it out

bsevern

bkarlan wrote:And I can't be happier

OK, which ones are good???

Enlighten us

sukeiasa

can't pull the trigger on the 2001 ausone... just can't justify buying something that level with zero provenance...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

bsevern

$495 for one bottle....seriously.....NEXT!

trifecta

bsevern wrote:$495 for one bottle....seriously.....NEXT!

Agreed, they are looking for a very specific buyer. And that buyer is not likely to be looking at this site today.

sukeiasa

looks like he was checking the website today haha...
second apprearance by moffet today?

bkarlan

bsevern wrote:OK, which ones are good???

Enlighten us

you'll have to wait till i get home. i keep the bottles of the ones i like. I just keep buying them and trying them all. there is a blue bottle one from 2007 that is amazing but I can not remember the name.. it is a lot of consonants all jumbled together.

angryprez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryprez

I'm happy with Last Bottle!

2 Faiveley 2006 Vosne-Romanee - $39
2 Kuleto Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 Danielli - $39
1 Louis Jadot 2004 Echezeaux - $79

zenophile

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zenophile
angryprez wrote:I'm happy with Last Bottle!

nice! I've $25 credit and missed these reislings, damnit. Hope there will be more, and burgs.
Are these good prices?

Is there a lastbottle watcher too?

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
angryprez wrote:I'm happy with Last Bottle!

I'm impressed. I've hit buy at least 5 times and not been able to secure but once!

bsevern

So far I've snagged:

Evening Land Pinot Noir 2009 Bourgogne
Philippe Delesvaux 2009 Anjou
Tallulah Syrah 2006 Bald Mountain Ranch

To be honest, even the cheapie wines I've had from Last Bottle have been a great QPR....hopefully that doesn't change with this order - LOL!

redwinefan

Free shipping on WineShopper and Wine.com with no minimums. till 9pm PST (I've never seen them do this before on WineShopper).

WineShopper has a Hahn SLH Pinot for 19.99

bsevern

Woohooo snagged four bottles of 2007 Paradis Terre Des Anges Rose.

angryprez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryprez

just got the larkmead magnum -- $79!

bsevern

angryprez wrote:just got the larkmead magnum -- $79!

Didn't even see that...hmmm

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
bsevern wrote:Didn't even see that...hmmm

me neither.
Also theydon't specify 1er cru, grand cru etc on the site so if you research, you lose. makes it a bit lotterylike. The evening Land I passed on as looking like commercial end stuff, but was ahnoyed to miss out on Santenots etc because of their fertilizer checkout system, where I had to refill my details every time.

EDIT: What Tiny Flowers Aussie Shiraz for $165 is a bargain?!!!

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

now some culty Napa Cab (Carter something) has crashed the site .

Blocked by mod_slotlimit. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.