jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
coynedj wrote:Found the same at the TJ's in Woodbury, MN. They said it had just arrived on Wednesday. I hope it's good, 'cause I dropped close to a C-note on six bottles!

This is a very enjoyable wine. I opened it early in the morning on Saturday and tasted it bit by bit over the next twelve hours. It really changed from start to finish. Above all, with the varying flavors, it is smooth throughout.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
trifecta wrote:On the lance and windmill it's spelled petite syrah, but apparently that is a misspelling that Quixote uses as well. I posted my review of the '06 under Quixote.

Speaking of spelling, I was looking at the March email from C.G. Di Arie, advertising a special on PS, and noticed

March Value Wine Of The Month
2008 Petite Sirah, Estate Grown

2008 Pitite Sirah 150

Don't Miss Our
VALUE WINE OF THE MONTH
2008 Petite Sirah, Estate Grown
Buy 4 get 6 for the same price!
A $180 Value for only $120

at $7 flat rate shipping, it's a spectacular deal

(Emphasis added.)

I think the misspelled one is just a placeholder for the photo -- my browser blocked the image, and when I allowed images the "pitite" was no more. But I'm not posting for the spelling, I'm posting in case anyone's interested in the deal. I saw some talk about the PS on the Pub this weekend.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

For any Jelly Jar wine fans out there, I just got a postcard in the mail noting the release of their 2010 Old Vine Zinfandel and 2011 Rose. The postcard notes a 20% (sounds like it is good on anything, not just the new release) with the code winewoot20.

Jelly Jar Website

EDIT: It looks like those are the only two wines available on their website.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

While I have shown great discretion recently, I couldn't resist the 00 Seavey mag on Cindy tonight. Between the tasting notes, and the fact that magnums are sexy ... easy purchase

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
beefytaco wrote:While I have shown great discretion recently, I couldn't resist the 00 Seavey mag on Cindy tonight. Between the tasting notes, and the fact that magnums are sexy ... easy purchase

+1 i have the 750's and there fantastic.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cmaldoon wrote:It has struck me that a list of various discounters and their ship from locations might be useful for this forum:

WineWoot: Northern CA (Nor CA)
Rue-La-La: Nor CA
Invino: Nor CA
Last Bottle: Nor CA
Wineshopper: Nor CA
WTSO: NJ
Lot 18(Imports): NY
Vitis: NY
Wine spies: Nor CA?
Let's Pour: OR
Garagiste: WA
Cindarealla wine: NJ

Any others worth mentioning that I am missing?

Also, Bowtie needs to start a wine seller in the midwest. It's awfully lonely there!

Some of us like the solitude. I'm like Superman, but fat.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bhodilee wrote:Some of us like the solitude. I'm like Superman, but fat.

I think you've found your new one of those.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

2006 Adobe Road “Bacigalupi Vineyard” Petite Sirah on Vitis for $24.

Anyone had this before?

beefytaco

when it rains, it pours.

I also couldn't resist the JJ Buckley private offer this morning.
07 Domaine Serene Evanstead pinot - $32!!!!!!!!!

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

fcherena

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fcherena
beefytaco wrote:when it rains, it pours.

I also couldn't resist the JJ Buckley private offer this morning.
07 Domaine Serene Evanstead pinot - $32!!!!!!!!!

Great deal on a great OR pinot. wish I could get in on this offer. I dont receive emails from JJ Buckley even though I have an account there. poop.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Trevor Jones 2006 Virgin Chardonnay Half Bottle (375mL) on Last Bottle. $5 each, free shipping in 12. Anyone know anything about these?

If anyone needs an invite, PM me.

Edit: This went quick.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

trifecta

North316 wrote:Trevor Jones 2006 Virgin Chardonnay Half Bottle (375mL) on Last Bottle. $5 each, free shipping in 12. Anyone know anything about these?

If anyone needs an invite, PM me.

Pulled the trigger on this. CT scores looked solid and the 375's make a nice option for a couple to have a glass each. Summer is coming.

If anybody in the bay area wants some just let me know.

beefytaco

fcherena wrote:Great deal on a great OR pinot. wish I could get in on this offer. I dont receive emails from JJ Buckley even though I have an account there. poop.

This is usually way out of my price range, so I'm thrilled to get some more of these back on my shelf.
Feel free to PM me your email address, and I could send it on to my private rep. I may not be able to forward you this offer, but I can get you on the mailing list:
***The offers in this email are intended for my private clients only. I accept new clients by referral. If you have someone to recommend, please forward me their email address. Thank you! JJ Buckley is not responsible for typographical errors. Prices subject to change without notice.***

___

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:2006 Adobe Road “Bacigalupi Vineyard” Petite Sirah on Vitis for $24.

Anyone had this before?

Haven't had this, but Bacigalupi Vineyard must be the same vineyard the 2006 Chronicle Bacigalupi Vineyard Zinfandel came from.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

With all this talk about Quixote and Windmills, WTSO just put a 2006 Quixote Panza Stags Cab Sav for $24.99

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

fcherena

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fcherena
beefytaco wrote: This is usually way out of my price range, so I'm thrilled to get some more of these back on my shelf. ....

Thank you for the offer. Got an email back from JJB and was able to get sale pricing. Picked up a couple of bottles.

Pretty excited, I saw this at a store in NYC yesterday night at $52/bottle. So this is a supersonic deal IMHO, even with shipping.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

This is rather frustrating:

Dear LetsPour Member,
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a loyal supporter of LetsPour.
To make room for new and exciting promotions that better reward our loyal members, we are discontinuing the LetsPour credit program effective midnight of Sunday, March 18th, 2012. Please be sure to use up your credits by purchasing some great wines. Any leftover credits after this date will be forfeited.
Your personal credit as of today is $XX.XX.
This change does not affect any other coupons or Spin-the-Bottle rewards you have been issued by LetsPour.
Questions? Feel free to email us at support@letspour.com.
Cheers!

If you've got credit, use it up. And this will conclude my purchases from Let's Pour, unless the new "exciting programs" are anything worthwhile.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
kylemittskus wrote:This is rather frustrating:

If you've got credit, use it up. And this will conclude my purchases from Let's Pour, unless the new "exciting programs" are anything worthwhile.

check that it's legal with the TOS and state/federal law

angryprez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryprez
richardhod wrote:check that it's legal with the TOS and state/federal law

I've never found their pricing to be competitive at all - even with the initial credit for signing up, better pricing is readily available - I stopped even checking their website.

beefytaco

I saw that email this morning and laughed.
The selection is generally pretty weak. The non-discount prices aren't a good deal, the social media aspect is Dot's Poetry Corner, and the stupid deal wheel is rigged.

They've had blowout prices on some great bottles from the Mosel, but I haven't found much value anywhere else (and those rieslings are few and far between). This will be an easy account to cancel.

___

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

LastBottle has the Benessere Phenomenon 2007 Estate Napa Valley Red Super Tuscan style blend up for $18/regularly $50.

Seems like a nice deal, but it takes 6 to get free shipping.

CT link: https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1033431 (more ratings on the other years)

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Up on Invino for $13. Average CT $98.
2006 Château Haut-Beauséjour Saint-Estèphe

This any good at all?
Huge price differential.

[edit] ahh, missed it's a 375, still...

CT

ntoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc
rjquillin wrote:Up on Invino for $13. Average CT $98.
2006 Château Haut-Beauséjour Saint-Estèphe

This any good at all?
Huge price differential.

[edit] ahh, missed it's a 375, still...

. This typically is a $25 bottle. looks like the $98 price is a mistake. I find that invino usually price at or slightly lower than ct avg, never significantly lower. they have interesting offers sometimes, but price is always a deal breaker for me.

---
Nathan

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Picked up 4 bottles of "Lance and Windwill" 2006 PS last night. Popped (well, unscrewed) one immediately. Very smoky from what I think is toasted oak, nice flavour profile but it didn't last a ton of time in the bottle. Perhaps it would come back to life with more air, but it didn't last long enough to give it a shot. If this was full retail I'd laugh, but for $15 it's a solid bottle of well-made PS even if it's not the most complex or interesting one out there.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
klezman wrote:Picked up 4 bottles of "Lance and Windwill" 2006 PS last night. Popped (well, unscrewed) one immediately. Very smoky from what I think is toasted oak, nice flavour profile but it didn't last a ton of time in the bottle. Perhaps it would come back to life with more air, but it didn't last long enough to give it a shot. If this was full retail I'd laugh, but for $15 it's a solid bottle of well-made PS even if it's not the most complex or interesting one out there.

I opened one of the bottles I got and it matured nicely over the course of 4 days of pour, screw cap, and refrigerate. day 2 or 3 was the best. I plan to put my other 3 bottles away for some years.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

anyone try the trudeau Areator they are advertising?

kylemittskus

Lot18 has 2008 Uvaggio Barbera for $85/6 bottles + FS. Almost exactly the same as the woot price was for the 2007. If you liked it and want more, seems like a good deal to me.

This vintage scored 90 WE if you care about such things.

If you need a Lot18 invite, PM me.

richardhod

cmaldoon wrote:I opened one of the bottles I got and it matured nicely over the course of 4 days of pour, screw cap, and refrigerate. day 2 or 3 was the best. I plan to put my other 3 bottles away for some years.

It did seem as if it might deepen with age, but less purple than I expected in fruit! What was better about it on the second days? Our bottles drunk so far didn't last more than the 1-3 hour window.

Also:

Cesare

quality posts: 1619 Private Messages Cesare

Looks like the current woot was on Garagiste (normal Barbaresco) and Cinderella (Roncaglie, but the 07). Kyle I think you got the Cinderella. Any info you can give?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

***Let's Pout credits expire tomorrow!***

Just made my last purchase from them. The CdR for $16 is $2 more than WS can find it for, but as always shipping is a factor. For $48 shipped for three bottles, I can survive.

Now, time to unsubscribe from their emails.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Tried a bottle of "Lance and Windwill" 2006 PS tonight, and have to say it's very good. I wouldn't pay $60 for it, but I'd be pleased with it for $30 or less.

Thanks for posting the deal!

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99

Tallulah featured on winestyr today. Pay $75 to get $120 worth of credit in Tallulah's online store. Looks like they can't be applied toward tax/shipping, though.

trifecta

2007 Radog Pinot is up on invino for $15. Same vintage that was offered on woot. If its still up tonight I might pop my last one and make a decision.

amaizing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amaizing

Michel-Schlumberger La Cime on WTSO for 19.99 (FS with four). I think it's a different one from the offer on Woot 2/15/12. Not sure how it compares. CT avg $33.00.

richardhod

trifecta wrote:2007 Radog Pinot is up on invino for $15. Same vintage that was offered on woot. If its still up tonight I might pop my last one and make a decision.

it's not bad, but it has definitely changed! see my ct

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Amazon local deal-Chicago-Western Suburbs. Pay $20 get $40 at wine.com

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
jmdavidson wrote:Amazon local deal-Chicago-Western Suburbs. Pay $20 get $40 at wine.com

Is there a link you could post..?

CT

beefytaco

http://local.amazon.com/brooklyn/B007MSSC4O

___

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Did any of you get this email from Invino? Frankly I can't imagine doing this profile thing, much less paying for the privilege.

This is cool news.

With 15 years of taste research and a renowned Master of Wine, the invinotype reveals your personal flavor profile to bring forth a wine discovery experience like nothing else. A highly tailored approach to reveal wines made for your palate’s preferences, it’s the starting point for the inClub™; a wine subscription that guarantees to please.

This is your invite to experience inClub™ before it's shared with the world. Take the entertaining and insightful invinotype quiz; get your individual personal flavor profile and be prepared to be WOW'd with your inClub™ selections of well-vetted, new wines and varietals with invino member preferred pricing.

Get your invinotype now and explore the inClub™ with the link below.
With thanks for taking the invinotype quiz before 3/25, you'll be entered to win a year's inclub™ membership, tailored to your palate.

Removing all the guesswork out of purchasing wine, your invinotype paves the way for an invino inClub™ experience, created to deliver exactly what your palate wants.

Cheers!
The invino Team

ntoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc
beefytaco wrote:http://local.amazon.com/brooklyn/B007MSSC4O

Thank you! I was starting to miss the vouchers.

---
Nathan