rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
beefytaco wrote:Has anyone else checked out the new wine site,
vitis.com?

They appear to have some interesting bottles, like the current 2001 Guwertz, and a recipe for a pairing with each offering.

If anyone would want an invite, shoot me a PM.

Working link...
Vitis

CT

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco
rjquillin wrote:Working link...
Vitis

Whoops! Thx

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
richardhod wrote:You in LA or SF this week?

Back from LA, in SF until Friday. Back next week for a couple days, also in LA probably part of next week.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
trifecta wrote:Anybody tried the 2008 Spring Valley Vineyard Frederick up on Last Bottle? It's $35 and FS on 4. It has good CT and WS reviews. Bay area split??

EDIT: Nevermind. SOLD OUT.

I've always heard good things about Spring Valley wines. I've got a bottle of the 2007 Frederick in my wine locker I need to try. I ended up grabbing these 2008 from lastbottle. If anyone is near Austin that wants to split them, let me know.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99
beefytaco wrote:Has anyone else checked out the new wine site,
vitis.com?

They appear to have some interesting bottles, like the current 2001 Guwertz, and a recipe for a pairing with each offering.

I get their emails, but haven't purchased anything yet. I've been tempted on a couple of offers (the gewurtz, Joly, something else) but am holding off for now since I have some mailing list purchases coming due. I do wonder, however, about how they calculate the "Best Online Price" listed on their site. Right now, they have a Rioja for $42, free ship with 2. They have the best price listed at $78 (with shipping), but I found it pretty easily for $47 shipped. The Vitis price is still cheapest, but it irks me when sites pull this kind of stuff.

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
rjquillin wrote:Working link...
Vitis

From their FAQ: Due to draconian laws, we do not ship to the following states at this time: AL, AK, DE, HI, KY, MA, MD, MS, MT, NJ, OK, PA, RI, TX, UT.

Interesting that TX is on this list. One less site for me to follow.

Z

redwinefan

Gilt has a large variety of Schott Zweisel glasses and decanters on sale today:

http://www.gilt.com/home/sale/schott-zweisel

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

It has struck me that a list of various discounters and their ship from locations might be useful for this forum:

WineWoot: Northern CA (Nor CA)
Rue-La-La: Nor CA
Invino: Nor CA
Last Bottle: Nor CA
Wineshopper: Nor CA
WTSO: NJ
Lot 18(Imports): NY
Vitis: NY
Wine spies: Nor CA?
Let's Pour: OR
Garagiste: WA
Cindarealla wine: NJ

Any others worth mentioning that I am missing?

Also, Bowtie needs to start a wine seller in the midwest. It's awfully lonely there!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:Invino has 2008 Flora Springs Trilogy up today...so very tempting....if it was the 2007, I'd cave.

The 2007 is available on letspour for $47. But if you are a new sign up it looks like you can get it for $37 and FS on 3 or more. I haven't signed up yet and would be willing to try 1 if you want to split.

The 2008 is available at Sunnyvale Costco for $40. A little more than the invino deal, but less commitment.

EDIT: I just signed up for letspour. If you want a $25 credit and want to help me out just PM me for an invite if needed. Thanks.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
trifecta wrote:The 2007 is available on letspour for $47. But if you are a new sign up it looks like you can get it for $37 and FS on 3 or more. I haven't signed up yet and would be willing to try 1 if you want to split.

The 2008 is available at Sunnyvale Costco for $40. A little more than the invino deal, but less commitment.

EDIT: I just signed up for letspour. If you want a $25 credit and want to help me out just use the link below:

Trifecta, thank you for removing your link. I think you'll be happy not to have been banned for a week. :-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trifecta

cmaldoon wrote:I'd remove that quickly, the mods do not take kindly to invite links

Fair enough. I can remove it. You might have to edit your response now as well.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Now that I grabbed my 8, I'll share with all of you.

Trader Joe's has 2006 Quixote PS (normally $60/bottle) relabeled as "Lance and Windmill" for $15/bottle.

Click here for a small sampling of the story (the full story link isn't working). Just like the story says (or said), the boxes say in big yellow lettering "Quixote" and TJ's references the original $60 price in their advertising.

Richard turned my on to the deal, so thank you enabler! I passed it on to Tyger and Sparky; you know, paying it forward and all.

Good luck finding some if you're interested!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
kylemittskus wrote:Now that I grabbed my 8, I'll share with all of you.

Trader Joe's has 2006 Quixote PS (normally $60/bottle) relabeled as "Lance and Windmill" for $15/bottle.

Click here for a small sampling of the story (the full story link isn't working). Just like the story says (or said), the boxes say in big yellow lettering "Quixote" and TJ's references the original $60 price in their advertising.

Richard turned my on to the deal, so thank you enabler! I passed it on to Tyger and Sparky; you know, paying it forward and all.

Funny, and nice find! I especially like the "tilting at windmills" reference...

klezman

I am going to go check my local TJ's up here, and then again next week in LA. If I have to I'm going to leave it at the office down there...this sounds like a great deal.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

trifecta

klezman wrote:I am going to go check my local TJ's up here, and then again next week in LA. If I have to I'm going to leave it at the office down there...this sounds like a great deal.

I just hit a local one and they still had a couple cases. Talked with their staff and supposedly they can't reorder it anymore, so when it's gone it's gone. Going to open a bottle tonight and decide whether to get more. Pretty funny because they didn't have it shelved, just on the floor, in the box labeled Quixote.

klezman

trifecta wrote:I just hit a local one and they still had a couple cases. Talked with their staff and supposedly they can't reorder it anymore, so when it's gone it's gone. Going to open a bottle tonight and decide whether to get more. Pretty funny because they didn't have it shelved, just on the floor, in the box labeled Quixote.

Let me know what you think. I forgot to stop on my way north just now, and TJ's is annoyingly far away enough that I don't want to go there right now. Hope there's some left tomorrow.

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:Let me know what you think. I forgot to stop on my way north just now, and TJ's is annoyingly far away enough that I don't want to go there right now. Hope there's some left tomorrow.

They'll hold bottles if you call.

redwinefan

Wow, I was just asking for a deal on some of the Quixote PS earlier in the thread. Unfortunately, not near any TJs at the moment. Does anyone know if this is only in CA TJs?

kylemittskus

redwinefan wrote:Wow, I was just asking for a deal on some of the Quixote PS earlier in the thread. Unfortunately, not near any TJs at the moment. Does anyone know if this is only in CA TJs?

Call TJ's around you. If they have it, they'll hold it for you. Make sure you ask for the "Lance and Windmill PS" and not "Quixote."

redwinefan

kylemittskus wrote:Call TJ's around you. If they have it, they'll hold it for you. Make sure you ask for the "Lance and Windmill PS" and not "Quixote."

They are still in process of opening stores in Texas. As of now, it's a vast TJ free wasteland. I might be able to convince my mom in Ohio to go check the store near her.

*edit* Thanks for the tip, I'll call them and ask to save my mom a trip *edit*

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:They'll hold bottles if you call.

If anyone needs a woot-leg of some, I found 8 cases. Can bring to the rpm tour...

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

BTW thanks Kyle! The TJ's by me in Sherman Oaks has 3 cases left after I took 6

Uggh like I need more wine...

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
kylemittskus wrote:Call TJ's around you. If they have it, they'll hold it for you. Make sure you ask for the "Lance and Windmill PS" and not "Quixote."

Nice!! I just spotted your post, called my local TJ's at 8:55PM, and they're holding a case for me!!

Although I need more wine like I need a hole in my head, thanks for the enablement Kyle

Now the question is, has anyone actually tried this stuff? I have some of the Quixote Panza cab, but have yet to uncork...err, unscrew one (I take it these are also screw caps?).

I wonder what the story is on the relabeling, I mean why not just sell it to WTSO or wine.woot....very odd this wonderful wine world is.

trifecta

bsevern wrote:Nice!! I just spotted your post, called my local TJ's at 8:55PM, and they're holding a case for me!!

Although I need more wine like I need a hole in my head, thanks for the enablement Kyle

Now the question is, has anyone actually tried this stuff? I have some of the Quixote Panza cab, but have yet to uncork...err, unscrew one (I take it these are also screw caps?).

Bought one today and popped, er.... twisted it. Posted a note in CT. I will be buying more, but not a case. PM me where you are holding the case so I don't try that one! Haha.

bsevern

trifecta wrote:Bought one today and popped, er.... twisted it. Posted a note in CT. I will be buying more, but not a case. PM me where you are holding the case so I don't try that one! Haha.

PM sent.

BTW if anyone in the southbay isn't able to get in on this, I'd be happy to share a few bottles.

klezman

bsevern wrote:PM sent.

BTW if anyone in the southbay isn't able to get in on this, I'd be happy to share a few bottles.

If I don't get to it while there's some remaining, I'll take a couple off your hands.

redwinefan

bsevern wrote:

I doubt they are too happy with everyone figuring out this TJ wine is Quixote. I was always a little confused by their strategy of becoming a high end Napa Petite Sirah shop. I mean, I think it's cool, but it must be hard to sell PS at their retail prices. I'm not surprised they had some left over

rjquillin

Buena Vista Ramal Vineyard Estate 2007 Pinot Noir back up on WS for $15. Still need the $100 for FS

CT

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie

absolutely zero love at Michigan TJ's. If anybody finds this PS in the midwest, holler.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
rjquillin wrote:Buena Vista Ramal Vineyard Estate 2007 Pinot Noir back up on WS for $15. Still need the $100 for FS

What is WS?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ntoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc
polarbear22 wrote:What is WS?

It's wineshopper.com. That is a nice bottle of Pinot for $15. I grabbed a few more.

---
Nathan

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ntoc wrote:It's wineshopper.com. That is a nice bottle of Pinot for $15. I grabbed a few more.

Thanks. I really liked their PN when we were there.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg

1998 Corison Kronos Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon on winebid.com. No bids yet, with the opening bid set at $45.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bsevern

Gary Vaynerchuk Quixote Petite Sirah video review...wow 92-93 points!!

Gary Vaynerchuk Quixote Petite Sirah

edit: Woot servers seem to be having an issue with their phpBB BBCode link redirect, here's the raw URL:

http://tv.winelibrary.com/2007/01/08/petite-sirah-wines-after-a-big-loss-episode-161/

redwinefan

rjquillin wrote:Buena Vista Ramal Vineyard Estate 2007 Pinot Noir back up on WS for $15. Still need the $100 for FS

Someone needs to tell richardhod. This is a great deal if you haven't taken advantage of it yet. Very nice Pinot.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
bsevern wrote:Gary Vaynerchuk Quixote Petite Sirah video review...wow 92-93 points!!

Gary Vaynerchuk Quixote Petite Sirah

edit: Woot servers seem to be having an issue with their phpBB BBCode link redirect, here's the raw URL:

http://tv.winelibrary.com/2007/01/08/petite-sirah-wines-after-a-big-loss-episode-161/

Unbelievable! I try to buy the Ramal and it goes out of stock while I'm entering y details. No countdown, no lockout timing as with others. That's really bad ecommerce management imo. Bollocks!

Trader Joe's is on a roll incidentally: Kunde estate 08 Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot for $12 also.
And they have this Parson's stuff that's on wineshopper for $25 also for $12 or $15.

Glad Kyle posted the PS.. I fell asleep before managing to.

bsevern

Just picked up a case of the Quixote Petite Sirah at TJ's.

Amazingly not only does the box have Quixote plastered all over it, it also has one of the original bottle labels covered over by a white see thru sticker

Anyone know what the story is on the Parson's Flat 2007 Cabernet/Shiraz?

The wine guy at TJ's was telling me it was a better deal then the Quixote, and that it always sells out within days. Not knowing anything about it, I didn't snag any.

trifecta

bsevern wrote:Just picked up a case of the Quixote Petite Sirah at TJ's.

Amazingly not only does the box have Quixote plastered all over it, it also has one of the original bottle labels covered over by a white see thru sticker

Anyone know what the story is on the Parson's Flat 2007 Cabernet/Shiraz?

The wine guy at TJ's was telling me it was a better deal then the Quixote, and that it always sells out within days. Not knowing anything about it, I didn't snag any.

Was it Colin? He sold me on the same thing last night. I bought one, but didn't try it yet. Do they have any PS left?? I might stop after work.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
trifecta wrote:Was it Colin? He sold me on the same thing last night. I bought one, but didn't try it yet. Do they have any PS left?? I might stop after work.

there was a guy at the arroyo parkway one who said the same, but I'm not loving Aussie wines generally. it's on wineshopper at the moment for twice the price, so if you like that sort of thing...

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

Re the Quixote PS. . . I assume you guys are all out in CA? I have had that one on my wish list since I saw it up on Lot18 a while ago.

Doubtful it is in VA but will have to do a drive by to make sure.