1. Nostrom0
2. MarkDaSpark

UPDATED:8/27/09

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I would prefer August 29th.

Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0

Pains me to say it, but I think you'll have to put me in the regrets. I'll be knee deep in unpacking moving boxes in August. :'(

Stash at CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

I think I can make the 29th, but not the 22nd (may be at the beach with the family then).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joannevicious

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joannevicious
MarkDaSpark wrote:I think I can make the 29th, but not the 22nd (may be at the beach with the family then).

Well, looks like we're leaning towards the 29th, which means that I'll most likely be in the SD-area over the 22nd (Vista, to be exact--I graduated from high school in Del Mar many many many moons ago).

More to come as plans are made... I may do an impromtu, minor SoCal gathering while I'm there...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
MarkDaSpark wrote:I think I can make the 29th, but not the 22nd (may be at the beach with the family then).

Go ahead and put me down as a Maybe. Family beach will be the weekend before the 22nd.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
Nostrom0 wrote:Pains me to say it, but I think you'll have to put me in the regrets. I'll be knee deep in unpacking moving boxes in August. :'(

OH GOD! RUN!, hiss...

I have an idea. Have an unpacking party earlier in August. We'll all come over and help you unpack (especially all those pesky wine boxes) and then you can come play with us on Aug 29. The fun part... all of september will be like an easter egg hunt. Now where are the wine glasses? Hmm, who would put them in the bathroom? It'll be fun, I promise.

joannevicious

joannevicious wrote:THEME: End of Summer BBQ
TIME: 5pm
HOST: joannevicious + her sister-in-law

Date has been set.

Time has been set (sorry tenuki, gotta start it earlier... But you can always come whenever!)

Theme has been set: bring your favorite summer time bbq wines. A nice sparkling for sipping, a light white for lounging, a crisp rose for chatting, a smokey red for bbq...

joannevicious

Putting this back at the top, WHERE IT BELONGS

Three weeks, people, three weeks. Any updated RSVP info?

Any ideas for more specifications on the theme?

Facebook me: www.facebook.com/joannevicious
or
pm me if needed

I have a couch. The house where the event will be has a big couch that'll fit two strangers, but I don't officially have permission to offer. Oh, I also have an air mattress. So I gots two of yous, or one of yous and a couple.

CAGrl

Just wondering if my dog can come by too. No idea on themes. Not very good with it.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
CAGrl wrote:Just wondering if my dog can come by too. No idea on themes. Not very good with it.

Hmm, would be a good time for you and mewalk to decide how many Tri's you want to part with :P I really only need a couple.

I'm still thinking I'll be +2 but not sure what time I'll arrive.

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:Hmm, would be a good time for you and mewalk to decide how many Tri's you want to part with :P I really only need a couple.

I'm still thinking I'll be +2 but not sure what time I'll arrive.

I have 1 for sure, but I think I saved you 2. Not sure though where the 2nd bottle is.

joannevicious

CAGrl wrote:Just wondering if my dog can come by too. No idea on themes. Not very good with it.

I say yes to dog, although doggie might have to have a separate dog party at my house with my dogs (I'm about a mile from the gathering location), since our hosts have a cat. Does that work?

CAGrl

joannevicious wrote:I say yes to dog, although doggie might have to have a separate dog party at my house with my dogs (I'm about a mile from the gathering location), since our hosts have a cat. Does that work?

Hmmm. Maybe. She can get a little psychotic in a new place when we're not there. She's a good dog, but a bit psycho at times. Maybe the best thing might be is to leave her at home.

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
CAGrl wrote:Hmmm. Maybe. She can get a little psychotic in a new place when we're not there. She's a good dog, but a bit psycho at times. Maybe the best thing might be is to leave her at home.

No Lexie? Bummer. She will be missed.

tenuki, I set aside two bottles for you as well. I suppose we can always open up the ones you don't want at the party.

joannev, I plan on bringing a Lava Vine Knights Valley Syrah. It's my latest favorite. It should go great with bbq. What else can I bring?

joannevicious

CAGrl wrote:Hmmm. Maybe. She can get a little psychotic in a new place when we're not there. She's a good dog, but a bit psycho at times. Maybe the best thing might be is to leave her at home.

I have pugs, they're always a little psychotic, but some dogs aren't so into that.

I'll check with my sister-in-law. Knowing Puck (the cat) he'll just hide out in her room anyway. What kind of dog?

joannevicious

mewalk707 wrote:No Lexie? Bummer. She will be missed.

tenuki, I set aside two bottles for you as well. I suppose we can always open up the ones you don't want at the party.

joannev, I plan on bringing a Lava Vine Knights Valley Syrah. It's my latest favorite. It should go great with bbq. What else can I bring?

Not sure yet on the food front. I'll know more the week-of. Or, if there's something you wanna bring just bring and let me know!

CAGrl

joannevicious wrote:I have pugs, they're always a little psychotic, but some dogs aren't so into that.

I'll check with my sister-in-law. Knowing Puck (the cat) he'll just hide out in her room anyway. What kind of dog?

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel... Sex and the City Dog. She's really good, but if she can't come, it's totally fine. I'm more worried about her destroying something in your house if we left her in a strange place without us. She tends to scratch at doors. Silly dog.

joannevicious

CAGrl wrote:Cavalier King Charles Spaniel... Sex and the City Dog. She's really good, but if she can't come, it's totally fine. I'm more worried about her destroying something in your house if we left her in a strange place without us. She tends to scratch at doors. Silly dog.

If I remember correctly from my night of too much wine yesterday, the doggie is welcome to come!

joannevicious

Ok, folks, I'll be in San Diego until the 26th, so I won't be as available to rally the troops on this one until the two days leading up. SO DO NOT FORGET. Or I will be sad. And you don't want to make me sad. I'll just end-up mad. And that increases my sassitude.

CAGrl

So I can bring my cute and adorable, well-behaved (most of the time) dog??? I'm excited. And please let me know what to bring.

tenuki

Hmm, can you send us the address? I think we're all on fb so might be easier than this silly pm system.

CT

tenuki

Oh, looks like just +1 (worstveg).

CT

joannevicious

tenuki wrote:Hmm, can you send us the address? I think we're all on fb so might be easier than this silly pm system.

It is silly isn't it. Facebook it is!!!!! Or pm me if you aren't fb'ed by me.

CAGrl

So can you let us know what to bring? Food, how many bottles of wine and such.

CAGrl

By the way, just added you as a friend on facebook.

joannevicious

Updated the info page, let me know if any information needs further updating. I will send mre specs on who needs to bring what. I am also open to suggestions

tenuki

Ooops, so second friend said she could make it for a little bit, at which point I'll probably leave for a little and drop her off at bart. so +1 1/2?

CT

sashasana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sashasana

Well, well, well. Noobing it up so I can join in on the discussion.

I'm the sister-in-law. I'm also the best friend, so Ms. Fancy Pants can just dump the formality already. To clear up: YES, the fabulous King Charles is welcome to attend. I grew up with Cocker Spaniels myself (you know, the dumber versions of yours) so I'm happy to welcome your baby in to my home. Any non dog related questions can still be directed towards Joanne, and yes, there is some crash space here.

I'm looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!

sashasana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sashasana

Oh my god, that white square is so unholy.

s2jason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s2jason

Here to redeem you, wife.

joannevicious

O.

M.

F.

G.

THEY have entered the discussion.

In other news: facebook message sent. If you didn't get one I don't have your facebookness or you're not a confirmed RSVP. Remedy that PLEASE.

CAGrl

sashasana wrote:Well, well, well. Noobing it up so I can join in on the discussion.

I'm the sister-in-law. I'm also the best friend, so Ms. Fancy Pants can just dump the formality already. To clear up: YES, the fabulous King Charles is welcome to attend. I grew up with Cocker Spaniels myself (you know, the dumber versions of yours) so I'm happy to welcome your baby in to my home. Any non dog related questions can still be directed towards Joanne, and yes, there is some crash space here.

I'm looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!

Cockers are so cute too though. Don't know if they're a dumber version though. Thanks for allowing my little girl into your home. And that white square is quite bright.