TrippingOverDogs

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TrippingOverDogs
srisbon wrote:I'm interested! I can offer to host as well - as long as no one is allergic to cats. ;) I am in Durham/RTP. Any time after the new year's holiday works for me.

Hey all. Brand new to wine.woot and have had a chance to buy only the Meridian and the Reininger's Helix Pomatia. Am glad to see there are some other wine wooters nearby who might be interested in having a get-together. We are 2 in Fayetteville and wouldn't mind driving to Raleigh/Durham. There are at least two more who would also likely join in.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
TrippingOverDogs wrote:Hey all. Brand new to wine.woot and have had a chance to buy only the Meridian and the Reininger's Helix Pomatia. Am glad to see there are some other wine wooters nearby who might be interested in having a get-together. We are 2 in Fayetteville and wouldn't mind driving to Raleigh/Durham. There are at least two more who would also likely join in.

Thanks for bumping this!

Let's start thinking dates and DO THIS THING. Any date would work for me except 13-21st of March.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

TrippingOverDogs

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TrippingOverDogs
fairnymph wrote:Thanks for bumping this!

Let's start thinking dates and DO THIS THING. Any date would work for me except 13-21st of March.

Shoot. Wish I'd read this earlier. Drove up to Durham today to tour the Performing Arts Center. Beautiful. We could have had a pre-wine-tasting planning luncheon today! I was going to suggest that if anyone else had tickets to the "Wicked" matinee on May 1, it would be fun to have lunch w/ wine, go to the show, and come back for more tasting that afternoon/evening. But then I remembered we are going to have our high school age son with us for the show, so maybe that's not the best time. Let me think about it. Also, if you know anyone looking for "Wicked" tickets, our school is raffling 4 EXCELLENT seats for the sold out May 15 matinee as our JROTC scholarship fundraiser. I'm trying to get a website up this wk. And if there is enough interest in a Wicked Wine Tasting, maybe we can still work something out.

tmacfarlan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages tmacfarlan

Bumpity bump bump. I'm in Charlotte, I can host for 20 people tops, and have a lot of red (not all from w.w, but a lot is) to go through. Trying to clear some space for more whites, as I found a few that have struck me as wonderful.

Is there still any interest in a Charlotte / Greensboro gathering?

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench

Anytime anyone is coming to Durham, give me a shout.

I'm kinda low on wine right now, but eventually Fed-Ex or whomever is shipping will cough it up, and I can share!

Well, I'll share some of my wine--the last two remaining bottles of Tytanium are off the list. [grin]

Small house, but if/when the heat breaks, I have a great porch!

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

skitzomike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skitzomike

Alright guys -- I feel like the reason this isn't taking off is the lack of notification from wine.woot's wonderful world of forums.

As of such, I have created an email address (and distro list) and anyone interested should shoot me an email at ncwinewoot (at) gmail (dotdotdot)com.

I can add you to the distro or email you individually when events are being planned, whichever is your preference.

In any case, we should get some dates rolling, get some late summer wine tastings in place.

I propose either August 21 or 28 -- but if you're interested at all, even not for those dates, please email me.

Also, I am in Durham, but am open to events anywhere between Smithfield and Salisbury.

Thanks!
-Mike

Wow. I've spent waaay too much money here.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
inkwench wrote:Anytime anyone is coming to Durham, give me a shout.

I'm kinda low on wine right now, but eventually Fed-Ex or whomever is shipping will cough it up, and I can share!

Well, I'll share some of my wine--the last two remaining bottles of Tytanium are off the list. [grin]

Small house, but if/when the heat breaks, I have a great porch!

Ha! I lived in Durham for five years.

but it was the other one!

tmacfarlan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages tmacfarlan

I love the email list idea - I'm already on it. Let's get this thing going :-)

atpifer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages atpifer

*Bump*

This is a little ridiculous. North Carolina lights up like a tree every listing; I know there are tons of wooters out here. It's definitely time to finally get a get-together organized. Where's the interest?

Once again, I'm in Greensboro, I and I can host.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

I'll put you all back in the weekly GTG listing. Good luck!

knotheadusc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc
cjsiege wrote:I'll put you all back in the weekly GTG listing. Good luck!

I live in Sanford... right between Raleigh and Fayetteville and geographically the center of the state!

desiboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desiboy

Bump.....

Live near RDU, would love to get together for a wine.woot meetup.

aprilbolin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin
desiboy wrote:Bump.....

Live near RDU, would love to get together for a wine.woot meetup.

Same here. In RDU. Ready for a wine woot meet up.