WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Harvest Song All-Natural Artisan Preserves

Speed to First Woot:
0m 54.000s
First Sucker:
heidijoypj
Last Wooter to Woot:
cheyenne164
Last Purchase:
3 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 49% of Wine Woots
Bottom 38% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 24% of Wine Woots
Top 31% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 3% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 15% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 57% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 84% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 87% bought 1
  • 9% bought 2
  • 4% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

13%
7%
2%
1%
1%
3%
4%
6%
5%
8%
4%
6%
3%
4%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
4%
2%
3%
3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



Cesare


quality posts: 1617 Private Messages Cesare

Harvest Song All-Natural Artisan Preserves
$19.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Natural
PRODUCTS:
1 Harvest Song Sour Cherry 18.9oz Jar
1 Harvest Song Apricot 18.9oz Jar
1 Harvest Song Fresh Walnut 18.9oz Jar

Website

Facebook

YouTube channel

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cvnoll


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cvnoll

....walnut? I was not aware that was a preserve option that existed. Has anyone ever tried such a thing before and can report how it tastes? I won't lie, the thought of it doesn't sound that great, but I'm ok being wrong when it comes to food!

nmpls


quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls

That is going to be an expensive PB and J.

calebmitchell


quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
cvnoll wrote:....walnut? I was not aware that was a preserve option that existed. Has anyone ever tried such a thing before and can report how it tastes? I won't lie, the thought of it doesn't sound that great, but I'm ok being wrong when it comes to food!



Took the words right out of my mouth. I love walnuts and I love preserves, but walnut preserves? I just don't know about that...

wqu2006


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wqu2006

Interesting flavors...how long are they good for after opening them??

thewronggrape


quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
calebmitchell wrote:Took the words right out of my mouth. I love walnuts and I love preserves, but walnut preserves? I just don't know about that...



Third-ed. My first thoughts too!

ETA: After reading the description of each flavor and seeing the simple list of ingredients, I'm very tempted to hit the button. They sound delicious.

lichme


quality posts: 2864 Private Messages lichme
nmpls wrote:That is going to be an expensive PB and J.



They taste much better served with cheese and crackers than they do in between two slices of bread.

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

http://www.aliyaleekong.com/green-walnuts-in-syrup/

quark613


quality posts: 11 Private Messages quark613

I used to make hamentashen with a walnut-and-honey mixture as the filling and they were delicious. Basically, walnut preserves.

baqui63


quality posts: 8 Private Messages baqui63

The "Mr Ararat Valley"?

Is that between the Mrs Ararat Mountains?

thewronggrape


quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
mdnorman wrote:http://www.aliyaleekong.com/green-walnuts-in-syrup/



:-O

Now I *must* get this!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

baqui63 wrote:The "Mr Ararat Valley"?

Is that between the Mrs Ararat Mountains?

Ok, eagle eyes. Points to you. Sent it in for a correction. Thanks!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

masshuum


quality posts: 19 Private Messages masshuum

These seem to resemble conserves more than preserves. To each their own, I guess.

bnbsouthworth


quality posts: 56 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Is it just me or does the walnut one look like a bowl of prunes?

What have they done to those nuts to make them look like that??

linygal76


quality posts: 4 Private Messages linygal76

Had no idea this is produced in my old stomping grounds. I'm in for 1




[MOD: Converted it to a clickable video]

jseureau


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

YUMMMMM!!!

elangomatt


quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
mdnorman wrote:http://www.aliyaleekong.com/green-walnuts-in-syrup/



Thanks for the link! What a peculiar item. I am considering making this purchase just for the walnut preserves. I have never seen anything like it

liverman


quality posts: 16 Private Messages liverman
wqu2006 wrote:Interesting flavors...how long are they good for after opening them??



In my house, the cherry and apricot are only good for 30 seconds. The walnuts would last many years (don't care for walnuts) :-)

Regards,

Greg

teevoo


quality posts: 6 Private Messages teevoo

What is the best by date for these (approx)?

DaZoneRanger


quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

I've been wanting to try the sour cherry and walnut preserves for a while, now, but never seem to buy them. Here in Glendale, CA, where at least 1 in 4 residents are Armenian, you can find these same products (plus many more flavors/types) from many different brands, all from the Ararat Valley, in just about every large and small market (and there are a lot of small, neighborhood markets, a whole lot). Here I can find these on sale for 2.49 to 3.99, so this isn't a deal for me, but I love walnuts and am always curious to try this stuff. Here, you can not only find sour cherry preserves, but the tiny corner markets even sell the fresh sour cherries and sour cherry juice. I guess Armenians love sour cherries, because I had an Armenian friend that would always treat me to a glass of the juice, whenever I visited. It seemed his fridge was never without it. After seeing this on woot, I think it's about time I give this stuff a try. I'm looking at the ad for one of the neighborhood markets and they have them on sale, right now, for $2.49. The walnut is even the one shown on the flyer, although it says all varieties are on sale. Lucky me.

DaZoneRanger


quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
linygal76 wrote:Had no idea this is produced in my old stomping grounds. I'm in for 1




[MOD: Converted it to a clickable video]



So your old stomping grounds is in Armenia? I believe Harvest Song is the importer, but these are actually produced in Armenia.

CAisBurning


quality posts: 2 Private Messages CAisBurning

The walnut is basically a green fruit when it is young. If picked early, the internal shell has not yet formed. We are used to the dried walnut that must be cracked to the get the nut out.

This is boiled whole with sugar and spices to make the preserve.

That's the basic process I gather after a five-minute internet search.

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
bnbsouthworth wrote:Is it just me or does the walnut one look like a bowl of prunes?

What have they done to those nuts to make them look like that??



Walnuts, on the tree, look like peaches: round and soft-pulped, and what we think of as "The walnut" is the "stone" (pit) in the center, and the innards of that.
From looking at the picture (i, too, thought it prunes at first glance) they probably used the whole, very immature, fruit.

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

The only thing that worries me is: the last time i dealt with a walnut in it's entirety, it was a BLACK walnut that my Pinky friend let me crack open and peel with my bare hands, thus having them turn completely black in about 20 minutes, and the color took months to get out of my nailbeds.

Ok, so maybe i was an Pinky not knowing about why people use black walnuts to stain stuff really, really dark . . . but if you watched your friend crack into a walnut with bare hands, and in her line of work the hands need to be clean and are display for the public . . . wouldn't YOU have given a warning????!!! Well, wouldn't you??????

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
lstaff wrote:The only thing that worries me is: the last time i dealt with a walnut in it's entirety, it was a BLACK walnut that my Pinky friend let me crack open and peel with my bare hands, thus having them turn completely black in about 20 minutes, and the color took months to get out of my nailbeds.

Ok, so maybe i was an Pinky not knowing about why people use black walnuts to stain stuff really, really dark . . . but if you watched your friend crack into a walnut with bare hands, and in her line of work the hands need to be clean and are display for the public . . . wouldn't YOU have given a warning????!!! Well, wouldn't you??????



Apparently, I am the Village Pinky, not realizing I would be censored!! Sorry, editors, didn't mean to offend!

brucedoesbms


quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

Very reassuring to know the fruit preserves have no gluten... Thanks...

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
elangomatt wrote:Thanks for the link! What a peculiar item. I am considering making this purchase just for the walnut preserves. I have never seen anything like it



Ditto...

I'm intrigued. Whole "immature" walnuts... Who knew?

Melanthalady


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melanthalady
mdnorman wrote:Ditto...

I'm intrigued. Whole "immature" walnuts... Who knew?



The squirrels in front of my house knew apparently. They would eat these things immature until the fall (I find pieces all over) and then later line up the mature ones on my driveway so I'll crack nuts as I pull out.

I can't eliminate the possibility that they'd liberate my jars from the package on the porch and try to use the neighbor's truck to remove the jar from the preserves.

Ruger9mm


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ruger9mm

I think the walnut one is how the invasion of Earth begins. It's like a cross between the eggs from Alien and the Black Oil from the X-Files. We are doomed!

emilyb0902


quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

I don't think I'm ready for this jelly. I mean, preserves.

phidan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

I really like good preserves, but I don't think I can drop 20 on ones i've never tasted.

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
DaZoneRanger wrote:I've been wanting to try the sour cherry and walnut preserves for a while, now, but never seem to buy them. Here in Glendale, CA, where at least 1 in 4 residents are Armenian, you can find these same products (plus many more flavors/types) from many different brands, all from the Ararat Valley, in just about every large and small market (and there are a lot of small, neighborhood markets, a whole lot). Here I can find these on sale for 2.49 to 3.99, so this isn't a deal for me, but I love walnuts and am always curious to try this stuff. Here, you can not only find sour cherry preserves, but the tiny corner markets even sell the fresh sour cherries and sour cherry juice. I guess Armenians love sour cherries, because I had an Armenian friend that would always treat me to a glass of the juice, whenever I visited. It seemed his fridge was never without it. After seeing this on woot, I think it's about time I give this stuff a try. I'm looking at the ad for one of the neighborhood markets and they have them on sale, right now, for $2.49. The walnut is even the one shown on the flyer, although it says all varieties are on sale. Lucky me.



I don't believe you. There's no way you're getting the SAME item for $2.49.

Tamshin


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamshin

When I was a kid, we used to throw over-ripe walnuts at each other. Nothing like having a walnut stain on your noggin for a few days at school.

jmenik


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmenik
Melanthalady wrote:The squirrels in front of my house knew apparently. They would eat these things immature until the fall (I find pieces all over) and then later line up the mature ones on my driveway so I'll crack nuts as I pull out.

I can't eliminate the possibility that they'd liberate my jars from the package on the porch and try to use the neighbor's truck to remove the jar from the preserves.




Smart-asz squirrels.

heh.

easleyml


quality posts: 0 Private Messages easleyml

The same three large jars would cost $32 + S&H from Harvest Song. Think of it as an ingredient used for a special feast day not as something you eat daily.

thePenrod


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thePenrod

Their are different kinds of walnuts people. These are not black walnuts.

Bione


quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
thePenrod wrote:Their are different kinds of walnuts people. These are not black walnuts.



There are different forms of "their" as well. They're not interchangeable.

kateiline


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kateiline
thePenrod wrote:Their are different kinds of walnuts people. These are not black walnuts.



And even if they were black walnuts -- those things are so yummy too! It's been years since I've last had a black walnut pie. So good. Just let someone else do the dirty work of cracking the walnuts open ;P

sylviatirakian


quality posts: 13 Private Messages sylviatirakian

Good morning,

Enjoyed reading yur comments. Our fresh walnut indeed stir a great discussions. I am the maker of Harvest Song Preserves.

i am very happy to meet you and i would love to answer questions.