mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
fredrinaldi wrote:Took 16 wine shipping boxes to the local wine store yesterday hate to throw these in the recycle bin, got a nice bottle of cab in exchange.

wine.woot should consider doing a recycle program. Something like free shipping for every couple of boxes that you send back with packing material.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mschauber

jchasma wrote:and that is exactly what happens when a big company takes over...

You get the bad but not the good. You get the penny pinching, higher prices, but not the free Prime shipping. Boo Hoo....

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

gephross100

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gephross100
mschauber wrote:wine.woot should consider doing a recycle program. Something like free shipping for every couple of boxes that you send back with packing material.

woot doesn't send the wine, they process the orders.all the wine ships from the vineyard or a distributor

c u

drgonzo99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drgonzo99
pikapi88 wrote:The birthday code doesn't really exist anymore. I waited for mine as well and never got one. I did email customer service and they were nice enough to give me one but told me not to expect it again. It wasn't supposed to be an ongoing event according to the email.

That's curious. I just got my 'birthday code' this month, and it worked fine. That was on March 1- don't tell me they have changed the policy since then??

mschauber

gephross100 wrote:woot doesn't send the wine, they process the orders.all the wine ships from the vineyard or a distributor

Understood, but free Prime shipping is offered on some products sold on amazon.com but not by amazon.com.

My point wasn't about the shipping but the take, take, take that corporate takeover of smaller companies cause.

--
My CT

mschauber

mschauber wrote:Understood, but free Prime shipping is offered on some products sold on amazon.com but not by amazon.com.

My point wasn't about the shipping but the take, take, take that corporate takeover of smaller companies cause.

Wait, actually no that doesn't make sense. woot must ship the bottles. We've seen vineyard owners talk about driving the wine to woot. EVERY box is identical (that is every box of equal size,) every label is the same, tracking info always start in the same place.

I've ordered wine directly from a couple of the vineyards that have been kind enough to extend the same woot offer, and the boxes, labels, shipping methods, origination locations have been different.

Even more reason they should extend the prime shipping.

--
My CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

scooter78 wrote:First post and first wine woot! Cherry.... Errrrrr....... Grape broken.

mrn1 wrote:My 1st Wine Woot purchase!!!! So excited!!! First heard about wine woot while visiting Pedroncelli. I have followed Wine Woot, but never pulled the trigger. Wife asked me "do we need more wine?" I must admit I told a lie "sure do!" Woot Woot!

CONGRATS & WELCOME!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pikapi88 wrote:The birthday code doesn't really exist anymore. I waited for mine as well and never got one. I did email customer service and they were nice enough to give me one but told me not to expect it again. It wasn't supposed to be an ongoing event according to the email.

A couple things I've learned recently...

It's the anniversary of your first wine purchase. So not your personal birthday or your woot account birthday.

It was never an official program from what I can tell. It just sorta... happened in the early days of Wine.Woot. I would imagine it's logistically more difficult for that to "happen" now than it was a few years ago.

So what's that mean? No idea. It's not my decision or responsibility to manage.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Headparot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Headparot
johnnymercer wrote:SHIP TO KANSAS!!! Come on! Why is this so difficult for American wineries? If the bulk are doing it, why can't the others get their rears in gear and jump through the hoops as well? Very disappointing.

this isn't the wineries fault bud, this is your state government's fault. The wineries would love nothing more than to sell you thier wares. Take it up with your state representitives.

Jw

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma
Headparot wrote:this isn't the wineries fault bud, this is your state government's fault. The wineries would love nothing more than to sell you thier wares. Take it up with your state representitives.

Kansas has allowed direct shipments since July 2009. There is an initial $150 application fee with a renewal fee. Plus remittance of taxes.

hyetylidie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyetylidie

Last wooter to woot: hyetylidie

I was on the fence, but finally made it past border control.

Now, I am going to make my way to the central coast and pick grapes at a vineyard, which will be sold to a winery, fermented, bottled, and eventually sold on wine.woot, where I can buy them at a discounted price.

I mean, in for one.

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
mschauber wrote:Wait, actually no that doesn't make sense. woot must ship the bottles. We've seen vineyard owners talk about driving the wine to woot. EVERY box is identical (that is every box of equal size,) every label is the same, tracking info always start in the same place.

I've ordered wine directly from a couple of the vineyards that have been kind enough to extend the same woot offer, and the boxes, labels, shipping methods, origination locations have been different.

Even more reason they should extend the prime shipping.

I agree with his take on W.W. shipping. All packages originate from the warehouse not the winery. Winery drops off the product for packing and shipping. This is part of the reason why shipping can take some time is because the winery has to take the time to get the wine to W.W. after the sale.

The only recent change to this was the Constintino-off we had last yea, all those wines were shipped by another company with poor results.

CT

stratma

edit:
nevermind I am already in for one for this deal.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
mrn1 wrote:Wife asked me "do we need more wine?" I must admit I told a lie "sure do!" Woot Woot!

After 35 years of marriage I finally realized that's always a rhetorical question, the meaning of which must be interpreted from other cues. Sometimes it means "I can't believe you ordered more wine? What were you thinking". Other times it means "We're running low. Please get more."

In our household a major variation is "Do we need more red wine?", which almost always means "Please stop ordering your red wine and get me more of those delicious whites you seem to be able to find."

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
antflies wrote:Would do a split with anyone near Orlando.

PM me as I just pulled the trigger.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

1,678 cases???? Wow.

maurakid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages maurakid

crap! it was a busy day and I never got back here.....sorry if I led anyone on about splitting

megsailor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages megsailor

i had the same problem! So i missed out unless anyone in houston would care to part with a few bottles. PM me if so.

stratma

It looks like the 2006 Napa Merlot and the 2006 Napa Syrah are on sale from the winery with a mix/match 12 bottle case price of $99 (non wine club pricing) and for $72 for wine club members (free to join).

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
stratma wrote:It looks like the 2006 Napa Merlot and the 2006 Napa Syrah are on sale from the winery with a mix/match 12 bottle case price of $99 (non wine club pricing) and for $72 for wine club members (free to join).

This deal is not showing up anymore on the winery website

bbrett2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbrett2009

Has anyone's wine shipped yet? I have had a tracking number for a few days but FedEx hasn't received the package.

mrileyatwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrileyatwoot

Staff

bbrett2009 wrote:Has anyone's wine shipped yet? I have had a tracking number for a few days but FedEx hasn't received the package.

Hello,

I'll send you a PM related to it but generally most wine.woot orders will take up to 3-4 weeks to be delivered because of all the red tape involved. What you're currently seeing is normal.

justin615

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justin615
bbrett2009 wrote:Has anyone's wine shipped yet? I have had a tracking number for a few days but FedEx hasn't received the package.

Me too!
FedEx received shipping info last week and nothing else is coming up!!

stratma

justin615 wrote:Me too!
FedEx received shipping info last week and nothing else is coming up!!

That seems weird since..
The tracking info for the order I placed shows:
Mar 17, 2012 7:40 AM Left FedEx origin facility SACRAMENTO, CA
Mar 16, 2012 8:59 PM Arrived at FedEx location SACRAMENTO, CA
Estimated delivery Mar 22, 2012

bbrett2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbrett2009
stratma wrote:That seems weird since..
The tracking info for the order I placed shows:
Mar 17, 2012 7:40 AM Left FedEx origin facility SACRAMENTO, CA
Mar 16, 2012 8:59 PM Arrived at FedEx location SACRAMENTO, CA
Estimated delivery Mar 22, 2012

It probably varies for state to state. I am guessing my state has some paperwork that must be filed before it can ship. Yours may have been done sooner or had less paperwork.

scooter78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scooter78
bbrett2009 wrote:It probably varies for state to state. I am guessing my state has some paperwork that must be filed before it can ship. Yours may have been done sooner or had less paperwork.

Mine says FedEx received paperwork on 3/15; estimated delivery is 3/21; but the tracking bar hasn't moved. I'm in Michigan.

stratma

Maybe they were overwhelmed by the number of orders. It was a pretty impressive response. Imagine having to pack 20,000 bottles into woot's shipping boxes, most likely by hand.

MadDogOfGilead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MadDogOfGilead
scooter78 wrote:Mine says FedEx received paperwork on 3/15; estimated delivery is 3/21; but the tracking bar hasn't moved. I'm in Michigan.

My situation is identical-Same dates and same state. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon!

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

Some of our vendors like to print out all the shipping labels first so they can prep all the shipments before they're actually handed off to FedEx. Unfortunately, this causes the tracking data to be generated, which automatically imports to us and gets sent out as an email to you guys. It's probably going to be another couple of days until they ship out, but you should still receive your wine in the usual "2-3 week" timeframe.

yarddawg7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yarddawg7

Hey guys, I just wanted to chime in and let ya'll know that I received my wine yesterday. I actually received my FedEx tracking number on Monday, so I'm pretty happy about the speed obviously. I live in Texas btw. Anyway, it looks like everyone should be receiving them shortly if you haven't yet.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
blaculadave wrote:Some of our vendors like to print out all the shipping labels first so they can prep all the shipments before they're actually handed off to FedEx. Unfortunately, this causes the tracking data to be generated, which automatically imports to us and gets sent out as an email to you guys. It's probably going to be another couple of days until they ship out, but you should still receive your wine in the usual "2-3 week" timeframe.

Regardless, it is disturbing, especially since we have to make sure someone will be available to receive the shipment. I was thrilled when the tracking info came and said that the shipment should arrive on the 22nd, as I was planning to stay home and work that day already. Unfortunately, no additional information has been added to tracking since the generation of the label a week ago. Now I am afraid that the shipment will pop up unexpected and no one will be home to receive it. Very disappointing.

brinocad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brinocad
MadDogOfGilead wrote:My situation is identical-Same dates and same state. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon!

Same here, a Michigander waiting on his wine! I am heading out to Sonoma next week, maybe I should just pick it up when I am there.

asmith69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asmith69

Same situation here, I was so excited to receive my first wine.woot order too . Its ok though, this just lets the tension build and we'll enjoy it even more! I have a feeling that this site my be the end of my checking account

stratma

I received mine today in Illinois. Like a kid who can't wait until Christmas to open his presents, I just had to take a chance and try it out without letting it rest. I mostly wanted to see if was worth buying again on the off chance it shows up during the woot-off. The description for the merlot on the woot offer is pretty close. It turns out this was a fantastic value as far as I am concerned. If it shows up during the woot-off, I am in for another case.

patrickkarcher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages patrickkarcher

As of this morning, March 23, my status still says "Initiated", but apparently not shipped yet.

Usually this means it really hasn't shipped yet. There was a lot of volume for this order. I buy on woot for pure savings, not for convenience. So this is fine with me. If I was rich, I'd be down at various good wine stores near me, buying what I wanted, when I wanted it, or buying elsewhere online for whatever they were asking and paying for overnight shipping!

But at least once, when other people were getting their wine, and my status still said Initiated, all of a sudden they were delivering it that day, and I was lucky I was home, as there was no chance for me to redirect to my local Kinkos. That's kindof annoying, and in the middle of a hot summer that could be a big problem. But again, Woot maximize the service as best they can, while letting me get wine I otherwise could not afford.

So a happy camper I remain!

richs44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richs44

Just noticed the FedEx site states its not available for delivery and being held. Being held where? And why is it not available for delivery?

My place has a 24-hour doorman, so the actual date is not an issue, but that FedEx statement is.

mejsimon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mejsimon
richs44 wrote:Just noticed the FedEx site states its not available for delivery and being held. Being held where? And why is it not available for delivery?

My place has a 24-hour doorman, so the actual date is not an issue, but that FedEx statement is.

My tracking says is cannot be held so check again or call FedEx.Mine has not been picked up for delivery yet. I called FedEx.
Exact verbiage in FedEx=
"Hold at FedEx Location
Hold at FedEx Location service is not available for this shipment."

cessna007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cessna007

Message I received yesterday from Woot.

The order is still in processing. Most wine orders will take up to 3 weeks to be delivered and, given the nature of the product, all orders placed with the winery from this site will take longer to process and ship out than the typical 5 business days we estimate for other merchandise. At this point, we would advise allowing more time for the order to ship out. Your tracking data, once received via email, will update automatically once the order ships out.

So basically no idea when I will get the wine...Oh well. I just hope they don't lose it again.

nrg2go

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nrg2go

But, the issue I have with this is that the payment left my bank before the wine actually left the vineyard. I shouldn't be billed until the wine is en-route.

patrickkarcher wrote:As of this morning, March 23, my status still says "Initiated", but apparently not shipped yet.

Usually this means it really hasn't shipped yet. There was a lot of volume for this order. I buy on woot for pure savings, not for convenience. So this is fine with me. If I was rich, I'd be down at various good wine stores near me, buying what I wanted, when I wanted it, or buying elsewhere online for whatever they were asking and paying for overnight shipping!

But at least once, when other people were getting their wine, and my status still said Initiated, all of a sudden they were delivering it that day, and I was lucky I was home, as there was no chance for me to redirect to my local Kinkos. That's kindof annoying, and in the middle of a hot summer that could be a big problem. But again, Woot maximize the service as best they can, while letting me get wine I otherwise could not afford.

So a happy camper I remain!

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
mejsimon wrote:My tracking says is cannot be held so check again or call FedEx.Mine has not been picked up for delivery yet. I called FedEx.
Exact verbiage in FedEx=
"Hold at FedEx Location
Hold at FedEx Location service is not available for this shipment."

I have that same notification - and I still have only the shipment initiation status. This is really worrying. I'm glad some people have gotten their shipments, but would at least like to know when mine will get here - or if it will. I need to have enough warning so that hopefully someone will be available to sign for it.