coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Two things -

1) It's been a long time since we've had a get-together! I'd host one myself, but I sold the house, which leads to topic number:

2) Now that I've sold the house, I need a wootlegger volunteer or it's no more woots for me! PMs would probably be the best approach, if you're willing to help a guy out.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I'll help you out. I'll send you a PM later with the details.

Was just talking with HDavis4000 that we should have a get together. I would like to host one, but it looks like it'll have to be summer before we can.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl

Was just going to post an interest thread. Our schedule has calmed down, let's throw some dates out there. We can host at our house. I will check in with my better half on what days in the next two months work for us.

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

I'm game it has been awhile. We need to get some dates thrown out there.

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

dstearl

OK, looks like we are home and available for most of the next 4 weekends. I am thinking a Saturday, so how about I throw these three out

March 10th
March 17th
March 24th

Any of those work? Should I start another thread?

otolith

dstearl wrote:ny of those work? Should I start another thread?

Yes, start one! Would be great to meet you and then meet up with the old timers as well!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000
dstearl wrote:OK, looks like we are home and available for most of the next 4 weekends. I am thinking a Saturday, so how about I throw these three out

March 10th
March 17th
March 24th

Any of those work? Should I start another thread?

I am pretty sure we are free for any date that works for everyone else! Would love to get together and see everyone again! It's been too long.

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

JanaDahlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanaDahlen

I'm out of town the 10th, but the other two weekends I'm free. I haven't been able to get to one in a long time, so it'd be nice to see everyone again!

Jana

w.w: 19 s.w: 12 w: 4 k.w:2

coynedj

The 10th doesn't work very well for me either, so maybe the 17th or 24th.

I keep seeing Twin Cities folks posting in the main threads - it seems there are a whole lot of people we need to rope into one of these soirees!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

otolith

I could do the 10th or possibly the 24th...

--John Muir

dstearl

I will post a new thread tomorrow. Might have a trip that just came up over the 24th weekend.

Would the 31st work for everyone. I am thinking 24th or 31st now.

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160
coynedj wrote:The 10th doesn't work very well for me either, so maybe the 17th or 24th.

I keep seeing Twin Cities folks posting in the main threads - it seems there are a whole lot of people we need to rope into one of these soirees!

I'll volunteer to be roped in. Wait... there won't actually be any rope involved, right? lol

It'd be great to meet some local fellow wine wooters.

dstearl wrote:I will post a new thread tomorrow. Might have a trip that just came up over the 24th weekend.

Would the 31st work for everyone. I am thinking 24th or 31st now.

The 31st works for me

coynedj

If we're good for the 31st, I'll change the title of this thread. Good to see another newbie - I promise not to bring any ropes!

JanaDahlen

The 31st would work for me as well, just need to secure the hubby to watch the little one.

dstearl

Thanks for changing the thread title.

Plan on our house in Golden Valley, more details to come as we get closer and get a headcount.

Should be a great time. Just for fun here is my cellartracker link so you can start telling me what not to drink.

My general rule is anything with 2 bottles or more is fair game, but I do reserve the right to say I am saving something...

My Cellar

JanaDahlen

Great - finally a place close to me!!! I'm just up in Crystal. I'll confirm tonight, but should be there.

Are we going to do a theme? Just want to know so I can start thinking about what to bring to share.

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

Becca and I should be able to make it on the 31st. What time are you thinking? It will be great to see everyone again.

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

Sarmalidu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sarmalidu

If I am not out of town I will be in for this one if at all possible. I can bring whatever people like - wine (I am guessing we will already be well represented in that category?), beer, whisk(y/ey), dessert wine (probably madeira), bubbles, food, etc. Let me know what's most needed.

-Chase
The MinneApple

coynedj

Sarmalidu wrote:If I am not out of town I will be in for this one if at all possible. I can bring whatever people like - wine (I am guessing we will already be well represented in that category?), beer, whisk(y/ey), dessert wine (probably madeira), bubbles, food, etc. Let me know what's most needed.

-Chase
The MinneApple

We generally each bring a bottle or two, almost always red, and something to snack on that fits the libations. Beer and whiskey would be great for themed gatherings, but I for one don't drink whiskey and avoid drinking beer alongside excellent red wines (usually everyone but me brings excellent wines). Madiera, though? Haven't had one of those in a while - sounds veeeery interesting!

hdavis4000

We should be able to make it as well! Can't wait to see everyone again and meet some newbies!

Sarmalidu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sarmalidu

I love red wines but I have always preferred to transition through the night from lighter to heavier offerings. E.g: some white / bubbly -> lighter reds -> bigger reds -> some dessert wine / hard liquors. I guess I can just avoid the issue by bringing a nice stack of different things and let the mood and others' preferences take over. ;)

otolith

We unfortunately will be out for this one...

--John Muir

dstearl

Sarmalidu wrote:I love red wines but I have always preferred to transition through the night from lighter to heavier offerings. E.g: some white / bubbly -> lighter reds -> bigger reds -> some dessert wine / hard liquors. I guess I can just avoid the issue by bringing a nice stack of different things and let the mood and others' preferences take over. ;)

I have them all too, and also share your proclivity towards that progression during an evening, so feel free to bring some, but my cellar will be open as well.

I tend to dabble in some Scotch every now and then so I a few decent bottles of that as well.

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

Hi, all,
Out of town that weekend or would make the trek across the metro.

Now, seems that I've snagged the somewhat 'shareable'
White Oak Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot Case
$99.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
6 2006 Napa Valley Merlot
6 2006 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Saw lots of interest in splitting, earlier.
I'd share half the order, if anyone is still interested. Near the 494/Dodd Rd exit (Eagan) and can meet at the Caribou nearbye, if any strangers want a public venue.

PM me if interested.

coynedj

Bummer to miss both of you guys.

Derek - let me know when you want me to pick up the wine you're holding for me - I'll be in town the next 3 weekends, FWIW.

otolith

coynedj wrote:Bummer to miss both of you guys.

Derek - let me know when you want me to pick up the wine you're holding for me - I'll be in town the next 3 weekends, FWIW.

Coyne--LMK if today works, otherwise we can figure out a time next weekend.

--John Muir

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

Maybe I missed it, but what time will this gathering start?

-Thanks

coynedj

And - has anybody heard from Samiritou? They usually show up for these soirees!

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

Oh, hey, look, a gathering. :-)

I haven't been checking into the community much these past months.

Not sure if we'll make it or not. My wine consumption has been extremely limited of late due to gestation, but it would be fun to see everyone again. Eric & I will talk it over and check on childcare options, etc.

dstearl

OK, we are getting close.

Start time - 6PM
Food - Appetizers, Spaghetti with Meatballs (if that is OK), sides, and dessert.

We will have an app and will make the spaghetti, looking for others to bring salad, apps, dessert, etc... If spaghetti sounds disgusting let me know, we can make another main dish.

Let's post on here so people can see what everyone is bringing.

If you are for sure in please send me a private message with the number of people and I will respond with my address.

Here is my cellartracker link if anyone spies anything they want to try, let me know, I can have it decanting so it is ready to drink when everyone arrives.

If I missed anything let me know, looking forward to it.
My Cellar

hdavis4000

We will plan on bringing some cheese and crackers. Let us know if you need anything else. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

coynedj

I'll be bringing a bottle of Domaine Faury St. Joseph Syrah, 2008 (only 13% alcohol, so we don't all get hit with DWI's ). I might bring another bottle too, but I'll have to see what might fit the bill. I'll bring cheese and crackers as well.

JanaDahlen

I'm out but may stop by if this is still going later in the evening. Sorry!!!

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

Looks like the White Oak Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot Case is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Too bad, if I weren't out of town I'd be happy to share.

dstearl

Folks, please stop by if you can, PM me for my address.

Looks like 4-5 in so far, so 6-7 total with my wife and I, just enough for 2 subs in a B Ball game, but not a football team.

Plenty of wine in my cellar waiting to be popped and poured, we will have enough food for more...

dstearl

A good night was had by all, I will put some pictures of the damage up later, but it was a night of great wine and great conversation. Hopefully everyone had a great time.

Here is what was consumed (Disclaimer I did have two bottles open when the crew got here from the previous two nights, and I did finish one the next day)

2004 TNT Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Kiss Ridge (USA, California, Napa Valley, Diamond Mountain)

2009 Meeker Pink Elephant (USA, California, North Coast, Napa / Sonoma)

2005 Bodegas Resalte de Penafiel Crianza Ribera del Duero (Spain, Castilla y León, Ribera del Duero)

2010 Quady Winery Black Muscat Elysium (USA, California)

2003 Hospices de Beaune Meursault Cuvee Loppin P. Andre (France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault)

2009 domaine reine juliette Coteaux du Languedoc Picpoul-de-Pinet Terres Rouges (France, Languedoc Roussillon, Languedoc, Coteaux du Languedoc Picpoul-de-Pinet)

2007 Scott Harvey Barbera J&S Reserve (USA, California, Sierra Foothills, Amador

2005 Wellington Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Karren Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Mountain)

2009 Four Vines Zinfandel Biker (USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles)

2005 Peltier Station Petite Sirah (USA, California, Central Valley, Lodi)

hdavis4000

Thank you so much for hosting! We had a great time and hope we can all get together again soon.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Doh! Late to check. I was just thinking "I wonder if the Minnesota folks still get together"
Will keep a closer eye out for #19.