1 2005 McClean Vineyards Paso Robles Syrah, Estate Private Reserve
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/11/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mbreese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbreese

anglemyer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anglemyer

In for 2 .... passed on this last time around and was kicking myself.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

...you can read my notes in the previous offer thread, but I'll summarize- the '05 is nice. The '03 is bananas.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

bbrooksdavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbrooksdavis

so is syrah all we have today?

Belinda L Davis

ebuck64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebuck64

I just purchased the Pinot Noir which appeared before the current one on Wine.Woot. After I purchased, the Woot changed. How often does it change each day? I was thinking it was one product for the day but it looks like there are many throughout the day. I'm a new "wooter". Help me friends!

brwmaster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brwmaster
ebuck64 wrote:I just purchased the Pinot Noir which appeared before the current one on Wine.Woot. After I purchased, the Woot changed. How often does it change each day? I was thinking it was one product for the day but it looks like there are many throughout the day. I'm a new "wooter". Help me friends!

It's a woot-off...usually one sale per day but during woot-offs they do several 'mini' woots

aafalke

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aafalke
ebuck64 wrote:I just purchased the Pinot Noir which appeared before the current one on Wine.Woot. After I purchased, the Woot changed. How often does it change each day? I was thinking it was one product for the day but it looks like there are many throughout the day. I'm a new "wooter". Help me friends!

This, my friend, is a Woot! Off...denoted by the flashing lights and status bar. As product sells out (limited quantities), they offer new ones. There's no telling how long a product will last, so indulge yourself and hit that gold button!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Great wine. open one two weeks ago at my sisters 70th B day,,,,, Big hit In for another # 8 this week

singlespeed20

quality posts: 1 Private Messages singlespeed20

I'm new to all this and such.
What is the drinking range on this? Like open now until what year?
Thanks all!

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234
neilfindswine wrote:...you can read my notes in the previous offer thread, but I'll summarize- the '05 is nice. The '03 is bananas.

'Bananas' means nothing.

ebuck64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebuck64

Thank you! New to Woot. FUN!!

mccleanbrent

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mccleanbrent

Glad to be back tracking the boards again! Thanks to all who have expressed interest in the wine. Looking forward to chatting with you all for the duration of the woot off.

mccleanbrent

fredrinaldi wrote:Great wine. open one two weeks ago at my sisters 70th B day,,,,, Big hit In for another # 8 this week

A very happy birthday to your sister. Glad we could be a part of her bringing in another year.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Craig234 wrote:'Bananas' means nothing.

...this, I suppose is true, so I will paste my notes from the original thread below...

"...Deep, vivid color, in spite of its years in the bottle. After a couple of swirls, glass to nose: aromas of raspberries and dried cherries, but an overwhelming note of black olives. Lots of dark fruit and a hint of sour cherries on the palate, with layers of spice, pepper, chocolate and licorice that resonated on an ample finish. Good weight/mouthfeel and nice acidity (again, in spite of its years), balanced with still-ample fruit and smooth tannins. As the last glasses were poured, we noted that the pepper and spices were softening to more of a sweet baking spice note.

Overall, a special, complex wine. Black Tie. Well done Mr. McClean."

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

mccleanbrent

neilfindswine wrote:...this, I suppose is true, so I will paste my notes from the original thread below...

"...Deep, vivid color, in spite of its years in the bottle. After a couple of swirls, glass to nose: aromas of raspberries and dried cherries, but an overwhelming note of black olives. Lots of dark fruit and a hint of sour cherries on the palate, with layers of spice, pepper, chocolate and licorice that resonated on an ample finish. Good weight/mouthfeel and nice acidity (again, in spite of its years), balanced with still-ample fruit and smooth tannins. As the last glasses were poured, we noted that the pepper and spices were softening to more of a sweet baking spice note.

Overall, a special, complex wine. Black Tie. Well done Mr. McClean."

Great tasting notes, Neil. Slightly more sophisticated than when I remarked that the wine is the "Big Kahuna Burger" of CA Syrah... "that is a tasty burger!"

entraine

quality posts: 2 Private Messages entraine

Do we get 2 FULL bottles, or the 1-1/2 as shown?

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
entraine wrote:Do we get 2 FULL bottles, or the 1-1/2 as shown?

I believe you get 1-1/2, plus a glass with a cork in it!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

entraine

quality posts: 2 Private Messages entraine
bolligra wrote:I believe you get 1-1/2, plus a glass with a cork in it!

That glass has wine AND a cork, right??

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

I thought this might be the wine.woot.off killer, but as of yet, no BagOfCrap, what woot.off would be complete without the infamous BagOfCrap?

zulukingcrowned

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zulukingcrowned

Couldn't help myself, in for 1. Cinque Insieme Syrah already en route.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

The 5 pack of gazzi syrah and this did not have enough info avail for me to bite.