Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1598 Private Messages Cesare

Woodenhead Old Vine RRV Zinfandel
$59.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 2 2006 Woodenhead Zinfandel, Martinelli Road Vineyard, Old Vine, Russian River
CT link above

Winery website

Facebook
Yelp

Previous offer:
11/27/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

iccrew98

quality posts: 8 Private Messages iccrew98

I've heard good things before about them and since it's near impossible to find Zin here in WA wine country, it was an easy choice.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: iccrew98
Speed to first woot: 2m 35.297s
Last wooter to woot: iccrew98

From I.T. to wine. My transition, my learning and my new life.
winejosh.com
twitter /winejosh
"The toughest part about going back to school for wine is knowing you wasted all that drinking the first time around."

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a novice when it comes to wine. Can someone please elaborate what an "expressive mid-palate" means? Thanks in advance

silent7seven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages silent7seven
coolchris160 wrote:I'm not afraid to admit I'm a novice when it comes to wine. Can someone please elaborate what an "expressive mid-palate" means? Thanks in advance

At 15.8% I think it means the hot burn of alcohol.

---------------------------
And so we go, on with our lives
We know the truth, but prefer lies
Lies are simple, simple is bliss
Why go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat, live in decline

fumje

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fumje
silent7seven wrote:At 15.8% I think it means the hot burn of alcohol.

15.8 doesn't mean anything in particular.

jimjacks66

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jimjacks66

Not necessarily. Zins very often have higher alcohol % than other varietals.

jimjacks66

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jimjacks66

This was offered on Wine.woot on November 27/28, 2011 but I have yet to drink any of the bottles.

Previous Offer

trismic

quality posts: 5 Private Messages trismic
coolchris160 wrote:I'm not afraid to admit I'm a novice when it comes to wine. Can someone please elaborate what an "expressive mid-palate" means? Thanks in advance

I thought mid-palate meant the core taste, after the first rush and before the finish. "Expressive" probably means the old vine Zin flavors really come out. ...Can't help myself - In for two.

trismic

quality posts: 5 Private Messages trismic

In the previous offering the owner stated "no heat to this puppy smooth as silk!" I think that says a lot.

pooneet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pooneet

funny...I was up at the winery on Thursday tasting and now this, in for one, great bottle!

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

I am very happy to see Woodenhead back on Woot! They are one of the best family wineries in the Russian River AVA producing only 4,000 cases annually. This wine is drinking fabulous right now, on the feminine and sassy style of Zinfandel - will not disappoint Zin enthusiasts or even Pinot Noir fans like me.

WineDavid was my Boss!

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

Glad to see this today. I hoped it would've made an appearance on the recent Woot-Off. This is simply great tasting wine. Surprisingly smooth and full-bodied for a Zin. In for 2.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Any oak treatment on this? Barrels or stainless?

The stats don't scream silky smooth to me, but hey I don't know much. Any production details would be nice.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher

Me thinks the description is wrong - TA of 715 ??

Same as the number of cases made?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lurcher wrote:Me thinks the description is wrong - TA of 715 ??

Whoops. Good eyes. I just reported it so it should be fixed as soon as they can get the correct number.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
ThunderThighs wrote:Whoops. Good eyes. I just reported it so it should be fixed as soon as they can get the correct number.

It did say .715 last time, so it may be correct and just missing the decimal point.

babalouee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babalouee

Is it 59.95 for a case?

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
babalouee wrote:Is it 59.95 for a case?

The description says 2 bottles, so no, not a case.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Visited woodenhead a few times and they are at the top of my list in terms of quality zins and pinots. I love all their wines, tasting room service, and awesome views! Thir zins are exactly what i look for in dry creek zins: fruit, fullness, and a chewiness in the end without heat or bite. Nice to see these at a discount.

Edit: this is an RRV zin but my statement stands in terms of dry creek zins, i.e. Has that dry creek structure but without the heat. Besides, these AVAs are neighbors!

"The older I get the better I was"

tabednar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabednar

Off topic but I always here about people saying they have coupons they want to use. How does one get said coupons for wine.woot?

Snooth | Cellar Tracker
Newest Addition: 2008 Avignonesi Rosso di Toscana & 2009 Paraduxx (Duckhorn Vineyards) Z Blend

mjkilroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjkilroy
jimjacks66 wrote:This was offered on Wine.woot on November 27/28, 2011 but I have yet to drink any of the bottles.

Previous Offer

Well let's take care of that situation jimjacks66!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of February 20th.

April
4/27-28: Ohio Wine Dinner with Scott and Jana Harvey
TBD: NoVA/DC #26: Theme TBD
TBD: NYC #19: Cool stuff mikegberg is going to miss on the tour
TBD: NorCal #12: Volcanic Terroir

May
5/19: CyberPub Cellars 2011 Rogue Rhone Bottling- NEWEST Thread!

July
7/23-25: RPM's History Tour, Part 1
7/25-29: RPM's History Tour, Part 2
(Dates set, Deposits due 3/5)

Pending
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab!

So join or create a Wine.Woot Gathering now!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

eddickinson41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddickinson41

I too would like to know how one acquires woot coupons

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

losthighwayz wrote:Visited woodenhead a few times and they are at the top of my list in terms of quality zins and pinots. I love all their wines, tasting room service, and awesome views!

+1

I love tasting at Woodenhead- I always wind up sitting on the deck taking in the view. Quality Pinots as well as Zins...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tabednar wrote:Off topic but I always here about people saying they have coupons they want to use. How does one get said coupons for wine.woot?

Step 1: Make sure you have the checkbox (in settings, under Account) set to receive Newsletters, emails, etc. (Click on My Account at the top).

Step 2: Make sure that emails from Woot.Com do not end up in your SPAM folder (whether on your computer or up in the cloud -- some filter up there).

Step 3: Wait patiently by your computer. Well, you wait until the month when you first joined Woot. You can hover your mouse over your screen name, and it will show when you joined Woot. You should receive an email from Woot before then.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Step 1: Make sure you have the checkbox (in settings, under Account) set to receive Newsletters, emails, etc. (Click on My Account at the top).

Step 2: Make sure that emails from Woot.Com do not end up in your SPAM folder (whether on your computer or up in the cloud -- some filter up there).

Step 3: Wait patiently by your computer. Well, you wait until the month when you first joined Woot. You can hover your mouse over your screen name, and it will show when you joined Woot. You should receive an email from Woot before then.

Actually, most coupons that are mentioned around here are received by jumbowoot, which is a program through the deals.woot website. These are basically random coupons which are given out based on varying participation in the deals.woot website, whether it be voting on deals, adding deals, making comments, etc.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

In for one and remembered to use my $5.00 coupon this time.... FREE SHIPPING!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

$45.00 ea on web site, 33% savings

woodenhead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages woodenhead
iccrew98 wrote:I've heard good things before about them and since it's near impossible to find Zin here in WA wine country, it was an easy choice.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
Last wooter to woot: iccrew98

Great choice, thank you and enjoy!

nimhgrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nimhgrad

How does "old vine" compare to "regular vine"?

woodenhead

jimjacks66 wrote:Not necessarily. Zins very often have higher alcohol % than other varietals.

Yes, you are correct. Zins typically have a higher alcohol content than let's say Pinot Noir. Our Martinelli Zin is well balanced, smooth, and delicious!

woodenhead

lurcher wrote:Me thinks the description is wrong - TA of 715 ??

ta is actually .715. 715 cases were produced, what a coincidence! The wine is definitely built to last!

woodenhead

texacaliali wrote:I am very happy to see Woodenhead back on Woot! They are one of the best family wineries in the Russian River AVA producing only 4,000 cases annually. This wine is drinking fabulous right now, on the feminine and sassy style of Zinfandel - will not disappoint Zin enthusiasts or even Pinot Noir fans like me.

Thank you so much!

woodenhead

North316 wrote:Any oak treatment on this? Barrels or stainless?

The stats don't scream silky smooth to me, but hey I don't know much. Any production details would be nice.

You can find more details on our website. In short: All of our grapes are hand sorted, we don't fine or filter. We employ gravity and never use pumps. Our wines are aged in French oak barrels for at least a year and a half and then bottle aged for your drinking pleasure. Cheers!

woodenhead

chipgreen wrote:It did say .715 last time, so it may be correct and just missing the decimal point.

.715 is the correct ta. (case production 715) A coincidence!

woodenhead

neilfindswine wrote:+1

I love tasting at Woodenhead- I always wind up sitting on the deck taking in the view. Quality Pinots as well as Zins...

We've got the room with a view!

woodenhead

nimhgrad wrote:How does "old vine" compare to "regular vine"?

This vineyard was planted in 1882. These are truly ancient vines, producing wine that is concentrated, rich, intense and complex; much more so than zins produced from younger vines.

losthighwayz

Drinking window? Thx for jumping on board as well as finally having a wine club!

losthighwayz

Last wooter to woot: losthighwayz

Having a zin wine tasting party in July. This will be the winner, hands down. BTW I won a tasting party yesterday with an 07 Neyers. Delicious!