PRODUCTS:
1 2008 Tercero Petite Sirah
1 2007 Tercero "The Climb"
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

So how does the 2008 Santa Ynez harvest compare to the well received 2007 bottling?

CT

boylan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages boylan

I just drank their grenache blanc. Awesome aromas.

Three of these just fell into my cart. Can I keep'm mom?

boylan

The 2008 Tercero Petite Sirah won a silver at this year's SF Chronicle Wine competition.

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

Petite Sirah Friday has arrived.

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

mchls45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchls45

Enough WOOT, you are very very bad. In for one ( one for me and one for Tex). Stop making me push the button.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Damn, I wanted to buy these based on PS's recommendation earlier as well as Larry's own participation in the earlier items in the PS Wine.woot-off, however, I just purchased the last item. Damn you WD.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

boylan wrote:I just drank their grenache blanc. Awesome aromas.

Three of these just fell into my cart. Can I keep'm mom?

oh I love the Tercero Grenache Blanc!

WineDavid was my Boss!

sfabian37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfabian37
North316 wrote:Damn, I wanted to buy these based on PS's recommendation earlier as well as Larry's own participation in the earlier items in the PS Wine.woot-off, however, I just purchased the last item. Damn you WD.

It's okay, you can have these too. Just do it ;)

Hasteur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hasteur

If only they'd rotate the options. Sirah does not make my socks roll up and down.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
texacaliali wrote:oh I love the Tercero Grenache Blanc!

Wouldn't mind seeing some Grenache Blanc around these parts. Twisted Oak also makes a great one.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

boylan

texacaliali wrote:oh I love the Tercero Grenache Blanc!

I did a really bad thing. I needed white wine for cooking and got the Tercero Grenache Blanc confused with something else and used part of it cooking [sounds of extreme anguish in the background]. My wife had a small taste and raved about it.

After resolving the confusion I was sent off to flagellate myself with the scourge...

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

OK folks... got the KR Esoterica, now after seeing the vintner here all day, I'm intrigued, but need someone to push me over the edge. Any enablers out there?

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

...I just spoke to Larry Schaffer of Tercero who is in traffic, struggling to get up to Dark & Delicious. Considering he's been chiming in all day, it's a shame he can't log in now to discuss his wines.

I can honestly say that I have yet to meet a Tercero wine that I don't like; the passion and enthusiasm that he displays in his frequent board postings manifests itself nicely his wines.

One thing of note about this offering- "The Climb" is a blend-something we haven't seen much of today- 50% Syrah, 50% Petite Sirah. Good stuff....

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
sfabian37 wrote:It's okay, you can have these too. Just do it ;)

You're a bad influence ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

redwinefan

neilfindswine wrote:
One thing of note about this offering- "The Climb" is a blend-something we haven't seen much of today- 50% Syrah, 50% Petite Sirah. Good stuff....

Yes, I'm really intrigued by The Climb. I'm about ready to push the buy button. Also, I love Los Olivos, and I wasn't able to make it to Tercero the last time I was there, so buying this would be a good way to remind me to go next time.

esbreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esbreen

Having worked with Larry in the Terecreo tasting room and given that I am not stuck in traffic I will comment.This is a beautiful PS. It is comparable to the 2007 some of you have tasted. In his usual fashion this is a wine where Larry has taken a good quality grape and let it shine.

cynthylee

OK, it didn't take that many more nice words... in for two!

Current numbers (updated each minute
First sucker: MarkDaSpark
Speed to first woot: 0m 49.323s
Last wooter to woot: cynthylee

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

redwinefan wrote:Yes, I'm really intrigued by The Climb. I'm about ready to push the buy button. Also, I love Los Olivos, and I wasn't able to make it to Tercero the last time I was there, so buying this would be a good way to remind me to go next time.

The Tercero tasting experience is a good time- ringmaster Larry with wine decanting in chemistry beakers...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
neilfindswine wrote:...I just spoke to Larry Schaffer of Tercero who is in traffic, struggling to get up to Dark & Delicious. Considering he's been chiming in all day, it's a shame he can't log in now to discuss his wines. ....

In his absence, I procurred two because of his earlier participation.

aspringer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aspringer23

How to spend two months of your wine budget in one day.....PS wine woot off. Met Larry and had a glass of the climb and PS at last years Rhone Rangers in SF. Really impressive stuff, in for one.

danaswan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danaswan
cynthylee wrote:OK folks... got the KR Esoterica, now after seeing the vintner here all day, I'm intrigued, but need someone to push me over the edge. Any enablers out there?

I will be the enabler! See that yellow gold button..place your mouse over it, take your time to enjoy that walk...now PUSH IT! Push it real good! ~oh wait, that is a song from the 80's! lol But that is ok...still push it as you were almost there anyhow!

Plus you want these for your "so called-cough- ummm...collection" right? SO push it...push it real good!

Hmmm...I think I am either a really good enabler or I am really, really bad!

Now to enjoy my glass of Scott Harvey!

Either way, enjoy your wine! ;-)

cynthylee

Hmmm...I think I am either a really good enabler or I am really, really bad!

Thanks Dana! Already pushed the button for two! Now off to enjoy my glass of Ty's Red.

redwinefan

Just went in for one. Neil, can you convince Larry to come back with a pack of his whites? I'd like to try the Grenache Blanc along with The Outlier (a dry Gewürztraminer) and the Viognier. Might as well throw in the Rose as well!

aspringer23

redwinefan wrote:Just went in for one. Neil, can you convince Larry to come back with a pack of his whites? I'd like to try the Grenache Blanc along with The Outlier (a dry Gewürztraminer) and the Viognier. Might as well throw in the Rose as well!

I think we know each other, are your initials TD and didn't you introduce me into Tercero wines last year? Hmmmmm.....

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Evil Evil woot.. offer 2 bottles of different wine so I have to buy 2 sets.

Done.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Larry is the man. His wines are delicious. These are $30 a piece at the winery plus tax and shipping. Buy buy buy!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

redwinefan

aspringer23 wrote:I think we know each other, are your initials TD and didn't you introduce me into Tercero wines last year? Hmmmmm.....

I wish it was me, but my initials are MB and this will be my first Tercero wine I've tried. Although I almost went in for the Beserker Day deal.

aspringer23

redwinefan wrote:I wish it was me, but my initials are MB and this will be my first Tercero wine I've tried. Although I almost went in for the Beserker Day deal.

It's all good, you'll like Larry's wines, off the charts good. Next woot...

danaswan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danaswan
cynthylee wrote:Hmmm...I think I am either a really good enabler or I am really, really bad!

Thanks Dana! Already pushed the button for two! Now off to enjoy my glass of Ty's Red.

Nice! Enjoy that glass/bottle and your evening as well!

tercerowines

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tercerowines

Was TRULY BUMMED that my wines popped up while I was driving up to D and D and therefore could not take part in the discussions . . . man o man . . . I guess you just can't plan out an entire day of woot offs, though, so no ill will towards the 'powers that be'.

That said, if anyone is still interested and was not able to take part in the offer, please email me at larry@tercerowines.com and I'll see what I can do.

As usual, thanks for all of the support, wine.wooters - greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com