cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:agggghhhhh winter has returned!!!!!!!!!!!! agggggggggggggggggggggg we are going into the 30's again for lows and tomorrows high is only going to be in the 50's!!!!!!!!!!!! time to hibernate again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's high: 11 degrees. Wind chill: -4. 2 inches of snow last night that somehow wreaked havoc on the highways.

Yes. I do not pity you.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Today's high: 11 degrees. Wind chill: -4. 2 inches of snow last night that somehow wreaked havoc on the highways.

Yes. I do not pity you.

61°F Overcast

Wind: W at 6 mph

Humidity: 64%

Brrrrr!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Wimp!

Last weekend, I was walking around Michigan without a jacket!!

And I was so proud He'd've died today, though.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:agggghhhhh winter has returned!!!!!!!!!!!! agggggggggggggggggggggg we are going into the 30's again for lows and tomorrows high is only going to be in the 50's!!!!!!!!!!!! time to hibernate again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter came back up here. She wanted snow and they forecast 2-5 inches. Ended up with a dusting. But we did hit freezing.

Good luck.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:And I was so proud He'd've died today, though.

new one. A double contraction.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
MarkDaSpark wrote:61°F Overcast

Wind: W at 6 mph

Humidity: 64%

Brrrrr!

76 and sunny
humidity 31%

tomorrow? 68 and partly sunny. brrrrrrrrrrr

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Snow squalls. High of 34, so nothing actually sticks. Yeah - not a real winter this year.

Winds are howling now. I may actually have a wind chill tomorrow morning. Ooooh.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Ok why do I only have the gold square? I bought more than 1 wine woot

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
tiger7610 wrote:Ok why do I only have the gold square? I bought more than 1 wine woot

Looks purple to me

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
polarbear22 wrote:My daughter came back up here. She wanted snow and they forecast 2-5 inches. Ended up with a dusting. But we did hit freezing.

Good luck.

it is crazy here, the wind has been strong all day and now it is just plain old COLD! they are predicting this cold will last til wed (I think) yuck yuck yuck!!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
sanity wrote:No, I've not been buying anything, and it's been very difficult to not buy with all of the interesting wines and goodies on here lately.

Have you had a proper Irish Coffee, home-made, not the over-processed stuff you get at most bars?

Easy to make at home - use brown sugar instead of white and hand-whipped cream instead of canned, and a medium-not-dark roasted coffee. World of difference imho. Using a better whiskey helps, too.

Aww, I'll have to try to get some more. Was going to gift to a friend but they didn't have them listed on their website yet.

Hmm, k, I'll have to try making my own Irish coffee sometime.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:If you can't set it on fire, it's not a proper Irish Coffee

I say the same thing about condos

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

woah, Whitney Houston is dead. Shocking, but not really

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:woah, Whitney Houston is dead. Shocking, but not really

more sad than shocking....

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tiger7610 wrote:Ok why do I only have the gold square? I bought more than 1 wine woot

Worry not, it'll go away. Mine did.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Wimp!

Last weekend, I was walking around Michigan without a jacket!!

3 days ago, I was grilling lamb chops. They were really good, too. And a bottle of '03 PS from Outpost Wines was a perfect accompaniment.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:Today's high: 11 degrees. Wind chill: -4. 2 inches of snow last night that somehow wreaked havoc on the highways.

Yes. I do not pity you.

Current Buffalo Temp: 11 degrees. Windchill 11 degrees. We got about 4 inches of snow today. The cold is really cold, but somehow, it feels really good. We need some cold weather to kill these cold and flu bugs. I got better mid-week and now am in the midst of a full blown sinus infection. I had a refill available of the Levaquin that I had in December. Leaving for Quebec Wednesday night with a busload of kids. Must get rid of this crud! Ugh! Fun times next Sat.in Quebec: we'll be out in the country at the sugar shack for a traditional Quebecois meal and music and dancing (kind of like square dancing) with a low of 7 degrees! Woo-hoo!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Current Buffalo Temp: 11 degrees. Windchill 11 degrees. We got about 4 inches of snow today. The cold is really cold, but somehow, it feels really good. We need some cold weather to kill these cold and flu bugs. I got better mid-week and now am in the midst of a full blown sinus infection. I had a refill available of the Levaquin that I had in December. Leaving for Quebec Wednesday night with a busload of kids. Must get rid of this crud! Ugh! Fun times next Sat.in Quebec: we'll be out in the country at the sugar shack for a traditional Quebecois meal and music and dancing (kind of like square dancing) with a low of 7 degrees! Woo-hoo!

I hope the meds kick in and you are better before your trip!!! 11 degrees?!! too cold for me!! stay warm!!

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Current Buffalo Temp: 11 degrees. Windchill 11 degrees. We got about 4 inches of snow today. The cold is really cold, but somehow, it feels really good. We need some cold weather to kill these cold and flu bugs. I got better mid-week and now am in the midst of a full blown sinus infection. I had a refill available of the Levaquin that I had in December. Leaving for Quebec Wednesday night with a busload of kids. Must get rid of this crud! Ugh! Fun times next Sat.in Quebec: we'll be out in the country at the sugar shack for a traditional Quebecois meal and music and dancing (kind of like square dancing) with a low of 7 degrees! Woo-hoo!

Well, if everything works out, next Sat. I'll be enjoying (along with other wooters) Scott Harvey's wonderful hospitality!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Dang it! The Ninja/Waldo shirt is calling out to me! Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Dang it! The Ninja/Waldo shirt is calling out to me! Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope!

Great, thanks a lot for pointing that thing out to me....you just forced me to get one for myself.

After all, it used to be one of my nicknames in grammar school.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Great, thanks a lot for pointing that thing out to me....you just forced me to get one for myself.

After all, it used to be one of my nicknames in grammar school.

Somehow, Waldo fits you to a "T".

Fine. Now I have to get one as well!

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, if everything works out, next Sat. I'll be enjoying (along with other wooters) Scott Harvey's wonderful hospitality!

Enjoy! Wish we could be there. Scott posted some picks from last year's event on FB. Nothing like seeing some of your friends in the pics!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:I hope the meds kick in and you are better before your trip!!! 11 degrees?!! too cold for me!! stay warm!!

Thanks. Me, too. I woke up this morning with my voice not feeling like it was not going to be working very well. I texted our choir director and told him that I couldn't sing. Besides, I don't want to infect the whole choir. They seem to be pretty healthy right now. Plus, we went to Mass yesterday for my Mom. It's hard to believe that she's been gone 9 years today. Miss you, Mom.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, if everything works out, next Sat. I'll be enjoying (along with other wooters) Scott Harvey's wonderful hospitality!

no fair!!!!!!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Thanks. Me, too. I woke up this morning with my voice not feeling like it was not going to be working very well. I texted our choir director and told him that I couldn't sing. Besides, I don't want to infect the whole choir. They seem to be pretty healthy right now. Plus, we went to Mass yesterday for my Mom. It's hard to believe that she's been gone 9 years today. Miss you, Mom.

sending you a big hug!

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:I say the same thing about condos

I went to lunch with a couple coworkers on Friday and they, too, suggested the fire "solution". Oy.

mommadeb1

yeah!! today was a headache free day!!!! it was really, really cold but no headache!!!! Have a great week everyone!!