kagayaki1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kagayaki1
emeryestate wrote:I most certainly can. The Unbridled is a kick the door in entry Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon which is made with each vintage. The Emery Estate and the Emery Deborah Factor are two distinct wines in that the Deborah Factor (DF) is made in a New World Style, lots of fruit, extraction and typically higher alcohol. On the other hand, the Emery Estate is made more for an old world palate, someone looking for more nuance, finesse and not as in your face as the DF. That help? To answer another of the questions, both the DF and Emery Estate are not always produced every vintage. All depends on the growing conditions and the fruit as it enters the winery.

Very helpful, thank you! How does The Double fit into that picture?

sfabian37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfabian37
Xaotl wrote:You've got to read a little further back, they were being sarcastic because someone was downplaying what goes into good chocolate. That was how I took it anyway.

No I think this lady was serious. She started talking about how the chocolate was way over priced and told everyone how to make your own.

EDIT - so I re-read everything and I think you are right about this being sarcastic. I stand corrected. In that case... that was a pretty funny comment.

Xaotl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xaotl
sfabian37 wrote:No I think this lady was serious. She started talking about how the chocolate was way over priced and told everyone how to make your own.

I must have been miss reading peoples names then ((I'll conveniently blame the kids.)) Since I took it as sarcasm, but hey I could be wrong. If they're really that serious about trying to make wine out of grape juice, maybe we can convince her to sell tickets to the disaster. That way she could at least recoup the cost of probably needing a stomach pumping.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

vannknight wrote:So which Cab is in this offering the Estate or the DF? The listing states the DF cab but the picture is of the Estate.

...picture is in fact the Deborah Factor, indicated by the small, hard to read, maroon-ish, 'Deborah Factor' logo on the lower right of front label.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

emeryestate

quality posts: 11 Private Messages emeryestate
vannknight wrote:So which Cab is in this offering the Estate or the DF? The listing states the DF cab but the picture is of the Estate.

It is the DF, there is not much difference between the two labels. The DF has a small, burgundy colored, round circle on the bottom right.

emeryestate

kanarfaki1 wrote:Very helpful, thank you! How does The Double fit into that picture?

I am not quite sure what "The Double" is.

kagayaki1

emeryestate wrote:I am not quite sure what "The Double" is.

Sorry, I misread another listing. OK! So in Cab, it's Deborah Factor, Estate, and Unbridled. And then there's the Syrah. Got it.

kagayaki1

kanarfaki1 wrote:Sorry, I misread another listing. OK! So in Cab, it's Deborah Factor, Estate, and Unbridled. And then there's the Syrah. Got it.

I found where I read that - here at this site, which detailed some wines from Sonoma Wine Country Weekend (but clearly had your listing wrong). http://www.vinography.com/archives/2009/09/top_wines_of_sonoma_tasting_no.html

liverman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages liverman

Regarding the RS (residual sugar) numbers on these wines. The winery spec sheets give a number without units:

2006 Deborah Factor Cabernet Sauvignon shows "RS 0.4"

2007 Estate Syrah shows "RS 0.7"

What are the units on the spec sheets? Since 1% RS = 10 g/L, a RS of 0.4% would be 4 g/L and on the sweet side for a Cab. If it is really 0.4 g/L then that is 0.04% and is about as dry as it can get.

Derek - can you tell us what the units are on the RS measures on your spec sheets on your website?

Thanks!

Regards,

Greg

woothewitt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woothewitt

I will be passing on this one of principle. I don't know if it is the wineries or woots fault but it appears that much of the information is incorrect on this sale. Plus the pictured wine isn't even the wine you are getting from the sounds of it.

emeryestate

liverman wrote:Regarding the RS (residual sugar) numbers on these wines. The winery spec sheets give a number without units:

2006 Deborah Factor Cabernet Sauvignon shows "RS 0.4"

2007 Estate Syrah shows "RS 0.7"

What are the units on the spec sheets? Since 1% RS = 10 g/L, a RS of 0.4% would be 4 g/L and on the sweet side for a Cab. If it is really 0.4 g/L then that is 0.04% and is about as dry as it can get.

Derek - can you tell us what the units are on the RS measures on your spec sheets on your website?

Thanks!

The Syrah should have been listed as 0.4g/L and the Cabernet at 0.3g/L.

emeryestate

woothewitt wrote:I will be passing on this one of principle. I don't know if it is the wineries or woots fault but it appears that much of the information is incorrect on this sale. Plus the pictured wine isn't even the wine you are getting from the sounds of it.

I am very sorry to hear that. The wines pictured are the ones we have listed. Hard to tell but the DF has a small, light burgundy, circle on the bottom right. Does not show up well. With respects to the RS, I just addressed that and I apologize for the misscomunication.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
woothewitt wrote:I will be passing on this one of principle. I don't know if it is the wineries or woots fault but it appears that much of the information is incorrect on this sale. Plus the pictured wine isn't even the wine you are getting from the sounds of it.

The photo is the correct wine/bottles. The confusion about the RS was corrected earlier in the day and is now right. If you're going to pass, I would do so because you want this particular pack. Mistakes happen, but everything has been clarified.

Edit: Sorry EmeryEstate, I didn't see you had already replied...

Personally, I would buy this if I had the money b/c I'd like to have the fruit forward cab, but the price, even though it's a great price for this wine, is too high for me after all my woot.off spending.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Please let me know where you work where it is 100% accurate 100% of the time. Are they hiring?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

grapenutz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages grapenutz
bkarlan wrote:Please let me know where you work where it is 100% accurate 100% of the time. Are they hiring?

The DMV?

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

mschauber wrote:The photo is the correct wine/bottles. The confusion about the RS was corrected earlier in the day and is now right. If you're going to pass, I would do so because you want this particular pack. Mistakes happen, but everything has been clarified.

Edit: Sorry EmeryEstate, I didn't see you had already replied...

Personally, I would buy this if I had the money b/c I'd like to have the fruit forward cab, but the price, even though it's a great price for this wine, is too high for me after all my woot.off spending.

....yeah, clerical errors aside, these here are some quality bottles folks. Anyone who bought the Unbridled a few months ago (and there were quite a few of you), can attest to the fact that Mr. Irwin knows how to make some solid red wine.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

kagayaki1

In for two, one for me, one to refute uninformed statements like the above (which I'll keep, thank you very much).

liverman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages liverman
emeryestate wrote:The Syrah should have been listed as 0.4g/L and the Cabernet at 0.3g/L.

Thank you for the clear reply!

Greg

Regards,

Greg

kagayaki1

Cesare wrote:Emery Estate Sonoma Valley Red 2-Pack
$44.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
1 2006 Deborah Factor Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2007 Sonoma Valley Estate Syrah
CT links above

Winery website

Facebook

Because Derek revealed the Deborah Factor is not the same as the estate, and this wine did not exist in CT, I added a new entry for it in line with listings for Estate and Unbridled. Could you update your link here Cesare? https://www.cellartracker.com/new/wine.asp?iWine=1313176

Cesare

quality posts: 1598 Private Messages Cesare
kanarfaki1 wrote:Because Derek revealed the Deborah Factor is not the same as the estate, and this wine did not exist in CT, I added a new entry for it in line with listings for Estate and Unbridled. Could you update your link here Cesare? https://www.cellartracker.com/new/wine.asp?iWine=1313176

Done. Thanks

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber