joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Go Tigers! (Orange Bowl)

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
lplady wrote:Good idea. If he's taking sleepy type cold meds he might not even feel the smack.

Well he's done it before so I guess he knows what to expect. At least you wont' have her there 24/7.

Does anyone here or maybe your parents have a medicare advantage plan instead of a supplemental medicare plan? Choosing an insurance plan for my aunt is driving me nutty. When having to choose for my parents years ago it was easier with the help of their doctor and financial planner. That's not working this time around for my aunt.

Our financial dude says he prefers Medicare over the Advantage plans because Medicare tends to pay for more willingly than the insurance companies. No idea how that's going to wash in the next few years.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Had my Swivel Sweeper battery charging for eight hours, turned it on - nothing. Charging it for another couple hours. If it doesn't work then, I guess back to the store. The instructions say not to leave it on the charger for more than 12 hours.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:Had my Swivel Sweeper battery charging for eight hours, turned it on - nothing. Charging it for another couple hours. If it doesn't work then, I guess back to the store. The instructions say not to leave it on the charger for more than 12 hours.

That is a long time to charge. I think I would take it back.

A late in the day good day to everyone and a good night also.

pooflady

Went to Sam's today for some layered onion dip and paper towels. They didn't have the onion dip and I spent $88. Lot of that was some Christmas stuff, though, which includes four Christmas cannisters of shortbread cookies and one tin of gingersnap cookies.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Our financial dude says he prefers Medicare over the Advantage plans because Medicare tends to pay for more willingly than the insurance companies. No idea how that's going to wash in the next few years.

Thanks. Problem is that the company she retired from years ago is only offering Medicare Advantage this year, not the supplemental that she's been on with them. If she switches to an outside medicare supplemental insurance plan then she can never go back to her work one and the work one has rates that are guaranteed by the company for the next five years, she's 83.

Plan is almost identical but I've heard the same thing you mentioned about the Advantage plans which has me concerned. Not sure how it works since it's clearly on paper that she is covered for same services as the supplemental one that we'd pick. Another thing is that her prescription plan under her company Advantage is better than the outside one. She doesn't take many meds now but you never know when and if that will change. grrrrr this is a PIA.

Good night Kloz!

pooflady

lplady wrote:Thanks. Problem is that the company she retired from years ago is only offering Medicare Advantage this year, not the supplemental that she's been on with them. If she switches to an outside medicare supplemental insurance plan then she can never go back to her work one and the work one has rates that are guaranteed by the company for the next five years, she's 83.

Plan is almost identical but I've heard the same thing you mentioned about the Advantage plans which has me concerned. Not sure how it works since it's clearly on paper that she is covered for same services as the supplemental one that we'd pick. Another thing is that her prescription plan under her company Advantage is better than the outside one. She doesn't take many meds now but you never know when and if that will change. grrrrr this is a PIA.

I've also heard that any plan from an employer is much better than outside. Husband was with former employer with an Advantage plan the last two years and it was fine. They changed it this year, but we're still sticking with the employer plan.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

A belated thanks and good morning to Rain.

Just got back from unwinding m-i-l as she is spinning out again. Maybe she'll sleep tonight as his brother is with f-i-l.

In the end only kindness matters

lplady

pooflady wrote:I've also heard that any plan from an employer is much better than outside. Husband was with former employer with an Advantage plan the last two years and it was fine. They changed it this year, but we're still sticking with the employer plan.

Is your current plan an Advantage plan or an employee sponsored medicare supplemental plan?
I'm confused because of what you said your financial guy mentioned. Or maybe I'm just confused because I spent lots of yesterday and part of tonight on her options and am right where I was yesterday morning. lol

Edit: Hi Ice. MIL is probably so worried about him. Hope she gets a good nights rest.

pooflady

lplady wrote:Is your current plan an Advantage plan or an employee sponsored medicare supplemental plan?
I'm confused because of what you said your financial guy mentioned. Or maybe I'm just confused because I spent lots of yesterday and part of tonight on her options and am right where I was yesterday morning. lol

Edit: Hi Ice. MIL is probably so worried about him. Hope she gets a good nights rest.

It's not an advantage plan. Frankly, I'm not sure what it is. It's through United HealthCare. We went with this because of the drug plan. No doughnut hole.

lplady

pooflady wrote:It's not an advantage plan. Frankly, I'm not sure what it is. It's through United HealthCare. We went with this because of the drug plan. No doughnut hole.

lol United Healthcare is who she has now and if she stays with company it will be United Healthcare Medicare Advantage. Thanks for your opinion. I have to call the company to ask them a few things tomorrow.

Edit: drugs under old and new work plans stays with Medco

Going to turn in. Night all.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

goody morningy

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Clemson must have left the defense back in SC. It was so hard to watch that I went to sleep at the half.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
lplady wrote:Good idea. If he's taking sleepy type cold meds he might not even feel the smack.

Well he's done it before so I guess he knows what to expect. At least you wont' have her there 24/7.

Does anyone here or maybe your parents have a medicare advantage plan instead of a supplemental medicare plan? Choosing an insurance plan for my aunt is driving me nutty. When having to choose for my parents years ago it was easier with the help of their doctor and financial planner. That's not working this time around for my aunt.

Mom and I chose the supplemental plan for her use. I can't remember exactly why, but the supplemental just seemed like a better fit for her.

Edit: Mom doesn't have any kind of employer plan. She just had to make the choice between which she bought herself. Seems like employer sponsored plans are always a little better?

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Still sick, totally congested. Blech.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Our employee plan is actually funded by the company and managed by United. I opted for the high deductible plan and sock away money in an HSA with company match. Seems to work well for us.

GM alla

eta: sorry to hear, Mavyn. I had a pre-Christmas congestive crud that lasted way longer than it should have.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Morning wooters!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Turken wrote:Morning wooters!

Ohai!

I'm just hanging out, really.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Good still morning, but almost afternoon, folks!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

Morning all. Contractors supposed to come this afternoon to finish things up. We knew they had about a half day's work left but didn't know when they were coming. Since most of it's outside stuff, figured they'd wait till it was warmer, but you never know.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Morning all. Contractors supposed to come this afternoon to finish things up. We knew they had about a half day's work left but didn't know when they were coming. Since most of it's outside stuff, figured they'd wait till it was warmer, but you never know.

So it is almost completely done?

You would think they would want to work in the better weather, but I still see roofers around here. Although this has been the first cold week, other than the snow storm in Nov.

How are your christmas celebrations going?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:So it is almost completely done?

You would think they would want to work in the better weather, but I still see roofers around here. Although this has been the first cold week, other than the snow storm in Nov.

How are your christmas celebrations going?

Working on it.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hello everyone. I have been online with tons of emails to answer - nowadays the handwritten notes of old included in the holiday greeting cards has given way to the email - guilty as charged! Nice to hear from people I usually don't during the year. NOW HEAR THIS AZGman - incredible how everybody has a whirlwind life going on except me. I feel as if I have very little to say in return to some of these folks who are seeing, doing, etc., incredible things - unless, of course, they are embellishing a tad. Everyone has amazing, talented, incredibly successful kids, health is rocky for some, but basically everyone who writes is either climbing mountains (so to speak) or planning to. Me, well, I am here, and that is good.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Hello everyone. I have been online with tons of emails to answer - nowadays the handwritten notes of old included in the holiday greeting cards has given way to the email - guilty as charged! Nice to hear from people I usually don't during the year. NOW HEAR THIS AZGman - incredible how everybody has a whirlwind life going on except me. I feel as if I have very little to say in return to some of these folks who are seeing, doing, etc., incredible things - unless, of course, they are embellishing a tad. Everyone has amazing, talented, incredibly successful kids, health is rocky for some, but basically everyone who writes is either climbing mountains (so to speak) or planning to. Me, well, I am here, and that is good.

Don't believe them.

Although it seems last year was pretty awful for everyone.
Actually, if you think about it, people either claim everything is bad or everything is good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:Hello everyone. NOW HEAR THIS AZGman - (reasonable sounding defense of others.) Me, well, I am here, and that is good.

Me, I am here.

Mavyn

I hated the Christmas newsletter. Was glad to get away from it.

I didn't get any cards out this year. Thanked, in person, the people who sent me one, and wished them a good holiday along with some cookies. That's enough.

I try to send cards monthly to those friends and family that I'm not in touch with online...I fail many months, but I keep trying. When my grandmothers were alive, I sent them 2-3 cards a month, because I seldom got to talk to either of them.

pooflady

Sorry for the sickies, hope you're feeling better soon.

Returned the DOA Swivel Sweeper and got another one. Knock on wood.

j5

Mavyn wrote: Thanked, in person, the people who sent me one, and wished them a good holiday along with some cookies.

Can I get on your mailing list?

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

pooflady

j5 wrote:Can I get on your mailing list?

She makes great cookies!!!

Mavyn

Heh.

Haven't made cookies in enough quantity to warrant mailing them off--and co-workers haven't been so inundated as to threaten me.

But...if I start up again, let me know and I'll send some your way. Disclaimer is that I experiment...so you might get something strange. Edible, but strange.

AZGman

AZGman wrote:Me, I am here.

Or, perhaps not.

inkycatz

Mavyn wrote:Heh.

Haven't made cookies in enough quantity to warrant mailing them off--and co-workers haven't been so inundated as to threaten me.

But...if I start up again, let me know and I'll send some your way. Disclaimer is that I experiment...so you might get something strange. Edible, but strange.

mm cookie..

j5

Mavyn wrote:Heh.

I just got rid of the last of "Mom's holiday bake-off" this past Tuesday. For some reason the lady bakes to feed a horde, then chastises us if we mention we will share the goods with others, (as if a family of four can consume 128 servings of Baklava before it goes bad)

Back to Mavyn cookies; No worries, I'm adventurous. I like fruity-oaty cookies best, FWIW.

edit: with nuts....and chocolate if you must.

Mavyn

For those not aware--yes, I'm serious. When I lived in CA, I baked a lot. 3-4 batches a weekend. I'd box them up and ship to friends all over, including a few in the UK and Germany. Priority gets them there in 2-3 days, stateside. Not 'warm from the oven' but still tasty enough. Poof got some--as well as some breads that I was experimenting with at the time.

inkycatz

Mavyn wrote:For those not aware--yes, I'm serious. When I lived in CA, I baked a lot. 3-4 batches a weekend. I'd box them up and ship to friends all over, including a few in the UK and Germany. Priority gets them there in 2-3 days, stateside. Not 'warm from the oven' but still tasty enough. Poof got some--as well as some breads that I was experimenting with at the time.

*malnourished modface*

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Me, I am here.

But your sig pictures aren't
Just a blue ?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!