$24.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: White
PRODUCT: 4 2008 Pacific Wine Works Gewürztraminer, Mendocino County
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

Is this a sister label of Meeker? I love anything Meeker, but have not seen a Meeker with Pacific Wine Works out here in Texas (We have a good selection of Meeker wines where I am in TX)

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Hungry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Hungry

My wife will not talk to me anymore if I order 2 days in a row, so have to say NO to this. I hate you wine woot.

Souka

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Souka

750ml bottles I assume?

byrd720

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byrd720

Honestly never heard of it, but sounds good. Besides at $7.50 a bottle why not, always up for new adventures. ;)

mlsfishi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlsfishi

I have to say this is really tempting because gewurtztrauminer is definitely one of my favorite whites... I'll have to sleep on this.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

Meeker+Gewurtz=no brainer, in for two.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Souka wrote:750ml bottles I assume?

Unless otherwise stated, the wines are 750ml bottles.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stwrigh2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stwrigh2
mlsfishi wrote:I have to say this is really tempting because gewurtztrauminer is definitely one of my favorite whites... I'll have to sleep on this.

I've done that before...and woke up to a sold out wine I'll think this one through before heading to bed, myself.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
mlsfishi wrote:I have to say this is really tempting because gewurtztrauminer is definitely one of my favorite whites... I'll have to sleep on this.

dont sleep in.
it might just be gone by the time you get up.
After all it is a 4-pack for cheap, which tells me that there isn't too many of these available.
If there was a lot to go around it would probably be a six pack for $40.

CT

raylotekka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raylotekka

All excellent points. I just may have to jump on this now ...

gmwhit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gmwhit

I got a case, but only because I just bought some delicious pears. That's it... yeh, that's why I bought the wine. I'm sure it is....

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

In for two, putting my confidence in the Meeker name and reputation, as this appears to be their first ever Gewürz offering. At this price it's almost a no-brainer, especially with a birthday code ready to expire.

invisibleinsane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisibleinsane

In for one. I'm a little suspicious about the idea of California Gewurtztraminer, but at this price I'll take the risk.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

In for one, with my close to expiring $20 coupon from @jumbowoot it was only $2.50 per bottle for me.

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

phidan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

would like to try it, but need some rattage first

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Glad I woke up now, in for 1. Running out out of room

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

No vinters voice mail tonight?

I love me some good Gewürztraminer, and there's terrific Gewürztraminer coming from Mendocino juice!

Provided there's no smoke taint issues, $75 a case seems like a no brainer if you like Gewürztraminer and/or Meeker.

dawgdave99

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dawgdave99
ThunderThighs wrote:Unless otherwise stated, the wines are 750ml bottles.

I've heard that one before... Canadian IceWine from a glass thimble, anyone? heh

lll0228

quality posts: 34 Private Messages lll0228
noslensj wrote:In for two, putting my confidence in the Meeker name and reputation, as this appears to be their first ever Gewürz offering. At this price it's almost a no-brainer, especially with a birthday code ready to expire.

I agree. In for two!

This sounds good. Too good to pass up!

zaprowsdower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaprowsdower
Hungry wrote:My wife will not talk to me anymore if I order 2 days in a row, so have to say NO to this. I hate you wine woot.

Funny. My wife MADE me order this. Please send help... and a corkscrew.

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

Mrs. rugrats2001 & I had this in sunny Olmsted Falls, Ohio in October with Molly Meeker in attendance, & all I can tell you (sorry - no notes!) is that we enjoyed it and bought a couple of bottles for $12.99 retail each. We would have bought a case at this price!

Pacific Wine Works Mendocino County Gewürztraminer 4-Pack by Meeker

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: trapuh
Speed to first woot: 1m 24.157s
Last wooter to woot: rugrats2001

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I'm just not going to tell my wife about this until it arrives. At $7.50 a bottle, anything that WD offers us is worth a chance.

If we happen to get some participation by PWW or Meeker I have a few questions.

This was picked in September 2008 and bottled April 2009. I'm guessing there was little to no barrel aging based on this (and the no oak in the description), is this common of this varietal?

What does the 2% Chardonnay add to this?

This has been in the bottle since April 2009. Is this drinking well now? What is the drinking window?

This is a Pacific Wine Works wine, by Meeker. Any background on the relationship would be greatly appreciated!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753

This will be my first ever wine purchase from wine.woot! I hope it's good...

jeffandmonica

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffandmonica

Why do I never get a birthday code? I've been wine wooing for 3 years, what's the secret?

siriusblueus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages siriusblueus

(This is a question for the Meeker clan) I've never had Gerwurtz before. Would you say this is closer to a Reisling or a Moscato?

btw, the Meeker 'pink elephant' was awesome. We used 2 bottles up to served with sushi and another 2 bottles for pink elephant watermelon popsicles!

fhamel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fhamel

Grrr...The one time I go to buy a wine.woot and Tennessee isn't on the ship to list. Does anyone know why states drop in and out of the ship to list depending on the wine?

xdavex

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xdavex

Buzz-killed, bah humbug.

benguin986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benguin986

Can't resist this one. Some very good picks from Woot! lately!

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

Morning everyone...this was a special bottling made by Meeker Vineyards. I tasted this bottle with WD a few weeks back. This is a DRY Gewurtraminer, not a hint of sugar found. Best to sip along with food I believe.

It was quite bright & crisp with a layer of soft fruit. We think it will go perfectly with fresh dungeness crab and delicious with all the Cyprus Grove goat cheese that was offered recently too.

WineDavid was my Boss!

djlund999

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djlund999
siriusblueus wrote:(This is a question for the Meeker clan) I've never had Gerwurtz before. Would you say this is closer to a Reisling or a Moscato?

btw, the Meeker 'pink elephant' was awesome. We used 2 bottles up to served with sushi and another 2 bottles for pink elephant watermelon popsicles!

Gewurztraminer is really not like any other grape. The closest comparison might be a full-bodied (in flavor, not in sweetness) reisling with some spice notes tossed in.

djlund999

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djlund999

Really like the dry gewurz's. In for 1!

michugana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michugana

In for 1! At less than $10/bottler this was probably the easiest click I've had on wine.woot. Maybe this and the Pedroncelli mixed case.

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

Not sure if it is because I was mad about missing yesterdays, but I am in for two. Loved the Pink Elephant and very willing to try another Meeker.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

I regretted not ordering the pink elephant, and am glad there is a chance to try more Meeker at a really great price. The few Gewürztraminers I have had were sweeter, and those are never my thing. I am looking forward to trying a dry one.

msmetz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages msmetz

Had to go in for two, as I really like dry whites and have a fondness for gewurtz

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

Um, the spousal unit has been indicating that we need some white on the (over-full) rack, and I love Gewurz, so I'm going to get this, but wanted to point out that I think the pear you are referring to is Bosc, not Bosch - a famous car-part manufacturer!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fhamel wrote:Grrr...The one time I go to buy a wine.woot and Tennessee isn't on the ship to list. Does anyone know why states drop in and out of the ship to list depending on the wine?

Shipping depends on what licenses each individual winery has obtained. This is why some wines can ship to certain states and others cannot.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy
zaprowsdower wrote:Funny. My wife MADE me order this. Please send help... and a corkscrew.

No corkscrew needed!! Stelvin closure... another reason to buy!!!