10%
10%
8%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Will this only open wine left to me by my grandpa?

What's wrong with a good old-fashioned corkscrew and elbow grease, that's what he'd say!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Damnit, not Cavedoni botte piccola.

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB

Ah, so glad I went for the port at the last minute instead of waiting for this one. *pats self on back*

Cesare

quality posts: 1696 Private Messages Cesare

CorkPops Legacy Wine Bottle Opener
$22.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: New
PRODUCT: 1 CorkPops Legacy Wine Bottle Opener + 2 refills

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cyclebex

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cyclebex

I had one ages ago and loved it. Is there a reason why people hate on these types of openers? I have been thinking of getting an electric opener because I have a hard time uncorking my favorite bottle with my wine key, but this seems like a great deal to me. Especially with the extra cartridges.

richardhod

On Amazon it's $19 to $21 plus postage.

Amazon reviews are mostly good, but it won't open tight corks, some plastic ones, and Magnums, apparently! So, only for 750ml bottles, and perhaps smaller ones.

Refill cartridges currently $8 for two

Here's a comparative review of openers, including this against the Metrokane Rabbit.
Interestingly it says Amazon price is $13, EDIT, ah thank you this might be a slightly different version, the original, not the legacy..
Still, it's on Amazon for $21

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

This is some mighty odd looking balsamic vinegar...

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad
mother wrote:Damnit, not Cavedoni botte piccola.

Maybe it will be good to open it?

At this point I am glad I still have a backup bottle.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
richardhod wrote:On Amazon it's $19 to $22 plus postage.

I think the $19 is a different model, but this is indeed slightly cheaper on Amazon...

AND ITS NOT BALSAMIC VINEGAR DAMNIT! ;)

richardhod

mother wrote:I think the $19 is a different model, but this is indeed slightly cheaper on Amazon...

AND ITS NOT BALSAMIC VINEGAR DAMNIT! ;)

Thank you for the heads up

I've just found a fire sale on the cartridges on another Amazon link.. two for $3, but only 16 left!!! (or 10 in Hex;)
I believe they're the same cartidges.

vyccid

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vyccid

I have an older, uglier, model of this. I prefer a waiter style opener, so this gets rarely used, I've had mine for six or seven years. It generally works well, but like others my experience hasn't been good with most artificial corks.

Very handy for opening several bottles quickly, I removed the corks and foil on 4 bottles in well under a minute this thanksgiving.

Do not recommend for use on screw tops.

woot bottles: 152

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

I would be thrilled to see that balsamic vinegar everyone raves about make an appearance

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
bsevern wrote:I would be thrilled to see that balsamic vinegar everyone raves about make an appearance

Be prepared. It's pricey but very well-loved by the community.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Bosque

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bosque

Why the mid day rollout of a product, Woot? Is this a stealth woot-off or something?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Bosque wrote:Why the mid day rollout of a product, Woot? Is this a stealth woot-off or something?

It's gift week. two items per day.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

richardhod

kylemittskus wrote:Be prepared. It's pricey but very well-loved by the community.

I'd like that balsamic too

gerick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gerick

An opener like this one was used as an murder weapon on an episode of Columbo.

"Murder under Glass", air date 30 January 1978. Blowfish toxin is inserted into the needle of the CO2 wine opener, allowing the wine to be poisoned.

hiten900

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hiten900

I have been using this very same opener for about a year. Works fine. I like it.

I open about 40 bottles or so with one gas canister. Makes a nice pop sound that attracts attention and comments and its not intended for screwtops.

Two small problems-
a) It will not uncork a wine bottle after it has been opened once. Dont know why.
b) If it is not carefully placed back in the storage case, the gas canister may get pressed against the rear wall of the storage case and discharge the gas canister.

wasonic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wasonic

Why would you want a bottle opener that needs refills. I just want my glass refilled.

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05

Are the refills a proprietary type or are they a standard size that can be procured anywhere?

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Any idea if this would be better than the standard corkscrew for opening older bottles of wine (say 20+ yrs in age)?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mudman2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mudman2007
wasonic wrote:Why would you want a bottle opener that needs refills. I just want my glass refilled.

no refills needed.

bsevern

QUADY QUESTION:

Sorry for the threadjack, but does anyone know once one of the bottles of Quady desert wine is opened, is it like a normal wine whereas you should consume it within a few days, or being a fortified desert wine, will it last longer??

TIA!

:Threadjack off:

ecue

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ecue

Great gift for someone you dislike: the gift of frustration.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
bsevern wrote:QUADY QUESTION:

Sorry for the threadjack, but does anyone know once one of the bottles of Quady desert wine is opened, is it like a normal wine whereas you should consume it within a few days, or being a fortified desert wine, will it last longer??

TIA!

:Threadjack off:

Longer. But as in maybe a week tops. Don't go sitting on an open bottle for three months.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bsevern

kylemittskus wrote:Longer. But as in maybe a week tops. Don't go sitting on an open bottle for three months.

I was afraid of that, will have to drink up

Thanks.