MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Okay, who's up for a weekend (Nov. 5th & 6th) in Santa Barbara Wine Country?

And helping me bottle my Syrah on Nov. 5th in Ventura? Each couple that helps gets a bottle!

Bottling at Squashed Grapes in Ventura on Nov. 5th at 2:30pm in the afternoon. Snacks and more wine to drink provided.

I think we'll have enough time before to head up to Santa Barbara and visit Jaffurs and Kalyra by the Sea in Santa Barbara.

Probably not enough time after, so maybe before the bottling hit SB around 11 am and visit the SB wineries.

Then Sunday hit some of the other wineries (Larry of Tercero is always happy to see wooters, and his new tasting room is very close to other rooms!) in the Santa Barbara area.

Who's in?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

Is this date set in stone? I would help you... if only you were doing this the following weekend. I will be in SoCal for a meeting on the 14th. I’m considering coming down a couple days early. Will you be around?

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:Is this date set in stone? I would help you... if only you were doing this the following weekend. I will be in SoCal for a meeting on the 14th. I’m considering coming down a couple days early. Will you be around?

Maybe ... I can check and see, although I was thinking we could use that weekend to raid Tim's and my wine lockers.

And then you could pick up the remainder of your CyberPub wine. I think there might be 1 or 2 bottles left.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Really? No one is interested in free wine and hitting some Santa Barbara area wineries this weekend???

MarkDaSpark

Last chance for Saturday .... no one wants free wine??

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
MarkDaSpark wrote:Last chance for Saturday .... no one wants free wine??

I would love to but wouldn't have anywhere to stay and hubby's in sacto and I'm in the bay area until Saturday morning.

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:I would love to but wouldn't have anywhere to stay and hubby's in sacto and I'm in the bay area until Saturday morning.

Too bad, I'm bringing a Madison Cellars Maximus! MMmmmmmm, Maximus!

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:Too bad, I'm bringing a Madison Cellars Maximus! MMmmmmmm, Maximus!

This is what you missed in addition to the Maximus .... Triacip2, KR Grenache Rosé, Bogle PS (Duh!), and not in the picture (but enjoyed all around) (drum roll) Vincent Arroyo PS Port.

Oh, and Brandini Toffee.

And the new label:

Suffer!!!!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:This is what you missed in addition to the Maximus .... Triacip2, KR Grenache Rosé, Bogle PS (Duh!), and not in the picture (but enjoyed all around) (drum roll) Vincent Arroyo PS Port.

Oh, and Brandini Toffee.

And the new label:

Suffer!!!!

Ok, Ok I'm suffering .....Happy??!!!

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:Ok, Ok I'm suffering .....Happy??!!!

I'll save a bottle for you. But you're not the one that should suffer, but those who live in the SoCal area!!!! No wine for them!!!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Did it go well? Barrel tasting notes?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'll save a bottle for you. But you're not the one that should suffer, but those who live in the SoCal area!!!! No wine for them!!!!