WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Sonoma County Vella Cheese Company Mixed - 4 Pack

Speed to First Woot:
0m 24.000s
First Sucker:
MarkDaSpark
Last Wooter to Woot:
Lannyp
Last Purchase:
3 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 32% of Wine Woots
Bottom 47% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 6% of Wine Woots
Top 16% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 3% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 21% < 10 woots
  • 23% < 25 woots
  • 50% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 12% one year old
  • 84% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 86% bought 1
  • 11% bought 2
  • 3% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

10%
5%
3%
1%
1%
1%
5%
6%
8%
10%
6%
5%
5%
5%
2%
4%
3%
3%
2%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



Cesare


quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Sonoma County Vella Cheese Company Mixed - 4 Pack
$19.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Mixed
PRODUCTS:
1 High Moisture Jack
1 Jalapeño Jack
1 Garlic Jack
1 Pesto Jack

Cheesy website

Facebook
Yelp

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Sparky, what's the word? You got in pretty damn quickly.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

brucedoesbms


quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

Are these vacuum-sealed or paper wrapped?

Ooops... nevermind:

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

SoftSpokenHare


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoftSpokenHare

Well looks to be a decent deal since the price is $31 from them, not including shipping. I just don't know if I want cheese.

TJFoxxxx


quality posts: 12 Private Messages TJFoxxxx

The pesto jack is intriguing, but the others seem ordinary and pedestrian. I think I'll pass on this one.

bigfrank


quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigfrank

Noticed it says .5 LB is this a half pound times for or is this 5 oz times 4?

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

SoftSpokenHare


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoftSpokenHare
bigfrank wrote:Noticed it says .5 LB is this a half pound times for or is this 5 oz times 4?



Half pound of each cheese.

vellacheesechickie


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vellacheesechickie
bigfrank wrote:Noticed it says .5 LB is this a half pound times for or is this 5 oz times 4?



It is 1/2 lb x 4! or 2#'s of cheese!

gabevella


quality posts: 16 Private Messages gabevella
brucedoesbms wrote:Are these vacuum-sealed or paper wrapped?

Ooops... nevermind:



Yes, vacuum-sealed. High-quality vacuum bags

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
SoftSpokenHare wrote:I just don't know if I want cheese.



Wait, what? You can exist in a state of not wanting cheese?

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

chelseajaccard


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chelseajaccard

Does anyone know how this is shipped? Does it need to stay cool? How long can it keep with out refidgeration? I get mail via diplomatic pouch overseas and it takes a few extra weeks... I want to buy this, but I don't want it to spoil on the way to me. Ideas?

bigfrank


quality posts: 10 Private Messages bigfrank
SoftSpokenHare wrote:Half pound of each cheese.



Thanks I just found it on there website after you posted. I am in for 2

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

ivyrose


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivyrose
SoftSpokenHare wrote:Well looks to be a decent deal since the price is $31 from them, not including shipping. I just don't know if I want cheese.



Actually, it looks like the $31 does include standard shipping. So not that great of a deal.

clcaruthers


quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

who cut the cheese?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

gabevella


quality posts: 16 Private Messages gabevella
chelseajaccard wrote:Does anyone know how this is shipped? Does it need to stay cool? How long can it keep with out refidgeration? I get mail via diplomatic pouch overseas and it takes a few extra weeks... I want to buy this, but I don't want it to spoil on the way to me. Ideas?



Yes, it should stay cool, but doesn't need refridgeration. Even if it gets warm, it won't spoil, it will just lose its shape. We use top-quality vacuum bags & the cheese is made w/ pasteurized milk so it can keep for up to 3 weeks out of refridgeration. It should be fine

wilcononomous


quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

Never had a pesto jack I didn't like.

redredwine67


quality posts: 14 Private Messages redredwine67
SoftSpokenHare wrote:Well looks to be a decent deal since the price is $31 from them, not including shipping. I just don't know if I want cheese.



A day without cheese is like a day without sunshine. Bacon and Butter also fit into that category AND Wine.

jimjacks66


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66

With MarkDaSpark as First Sucker, one cannot go wrong. In for 2! Lighting up WA State!

chelseajaccard


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chelseajaccard
gabevella wrote:Yes, it should stay cool, but doesn't need refridgeration. Even if it gets warm, it won't spoil, it will just lose its shape. We use top-quality vacuum bags & the cheese is made w/ pasteurized milk so it can keep for up to 3 weeks out of refridgeration. It should be fine



Thank you for the info... 3 weeks makes me nervous b/c sometimes it can take up 4-6 weeks to get mail if it gets backed up at any of the airports... it's got to get to Uganda. I'm going to try it and keep my fingers crossed b/c there is NO good cheese here and if this works well I may become a regular customer!!

Winedavid39


quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

jimjacks66 wrote:With MarkDaSpark as First Sucker, one cannot go wrong. In for 2! Lighting up WA State!



i couldn't agree more.

Vella is a legend in these parts. Sonoma wouldn't be Sonoma without Vella Cheese (or Merten's Dairy for that matter).

gabevella


quality posts: 16 Private Messages gabevella
chelseajaccard wrote:Thank you for the info... 3 weeks makes me nervous b/c sometimes it can take up 4-6 weeks to get mail if it gets backed up at any of the airports... it's got to get to Uganda. I'm going to try it and keep my fingers crossed b/c there is NO good cheese here and if this works well I may become a regular customer!!



Wow, a trip to Uganda! That will rival the trip our cheese took up Mt Everest. I hope it works out, can't wait to hear from you.

Ramrod


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ramrod
Winedavid39 wrote:i couldn't agree more.

Vella is a legend in these parts. Sonoma wouldn't be Sonoma without Vella Cheese (or Merten's Dairy for that matter).



I just wish there as a Dry Jack in this pack.

d4douglas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages d4douglas

I live not too far from this place; just visited last week. Great facility and great cheese

gabevella


quality posts: 16 Private Messages gabevella
Ramrod wrote:I just wish there as a Dry Jack in this pack.



Stay Tuned...there may be some Dry Jack in the future

bigdaddy24


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bigdaddy24

CHEESE!!! I guess I'm going to be cheating on my new diet.

Edit-btw, last cheese I got from them was FANTASTIC!

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

The Pesto Jack is pretty darn tasty. We stopped at Vella on our way out of town when we were in Sonoma. Fabulous people and really good cheese.

We are in for 2 and probably gifting another.

This would all great on your holiday cheese platters. Oh, perhaps a nice cheese and wine snack while dealing with the pesty errr... dear children on Halloween, should it arrive by then.

Happy Snacking!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

winedrew


quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
vellacheesechickie wrote:It is 1/2 lb x 4! or 2#'s of cheese!



Hello Woot Nation!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my great friend Chickie from Vella cheese will be on the boards tonight and all day tomoorrow answering your questions! If there is anything you need to know about cheese, she is the one to ask!

Cheers,
Drew

sodalite


quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite

after i receive the cheese and it makes it into the fridge, how long would you say i have before i consume it?
how long before i have to open it?
and how long does it need to be eaten once it's open?

thanks so much, these sound super yummy!

gabevella


quality posts: 16 Private Messages gabevella
sodalite wrote:after i receive the cheese and it makes it into the fridge, how long would you say i have before i consume it?
how long before i have to open it?
and how long does it need to be eaten once it's open?

thanks so much, these sound super yummy!



The cheese will keep unopened for 2-3 months. The Jalapeno Jack will keep even longer (5-6 months)

Once opened, it should be eaten within a couple weeks. It can keep even longer, the key is to rewrap it tightly with a new piece of plastic wrap each time. I use a ziplock bag.

If any mold develops on the outside, just cut it off. The rest of the cheese will be fine.

gabevella


quality posts: 16 Private Messages gabevella
winedrew wrote:Hello Woot Nation!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my great friend Chickie from Vella cheese will be on the boards tonight and all day tomoorrow answering your questions! If there is anything you need to know about cheese, she is the one to ask!

Cheers,
Drew



I am Chickie's son, Gabe. I am also helping answer some questions tonight and tomorrow

asianglow


quality posts: 2 Private Messages asianglow

$24.99 TOTAL @ wine.woot!

$31.00 TOTAL @ Vella Cheese Co!

gabevella


quality posts: 16 Private Messages gabevella
Winedavid39 wrote:i couldn't agree more.

Vella is a legend in these parts. Sonoma wouldn't be Sonoma without Vella Cheese (or Merten's Dairy for that matter).



It is the legendary Sonoma community, our loyal customers and supporters who make us who we are. And we definitely wouldn't be Vella Cheese without Merten's Dairy!

gabevella


quality posts: 16 Private Messages gabevella

Exciting first couple of hours! Thank you for all the positive feedback, we love hearing from you. I am tired and going to bed but, I will be back online to answer questions in the morning. 9 am PST. Have a good night Wooters!

winedrew


quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
gabevella wrote:Exciting first couple of hours! Thank you for all the positive feedback, we love hearing from you. I am tired and going to bed but, I will be back online to answer questions in the morning. 9 am PST. Have a good night Wooters!



Thanks Gabe! Chat with you in the am!

Winedrew

psm321


quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321

Vegetarian?

(Woot: please start including this info in the descriptions for cheese so people don't have to ask every time...)

otisgt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages otisgt

Vella cheese is my favorite! I have family out in Sonoma and visit Vella every time I'm out there. Don't get it much here on the east coast. Too bad there's no Toma in this batch!! It's one of a kind! It's at Vella where I learned that the difference between pepper jack and jalapeno jack is that pepper jack uses red bell peppers as a filler instead of red jalapenos because its cheaper. Not real jalapeno jack! These are all great cheeses though!

Sorry to hear about Ig... He was a good friend of my grandfather

ShyGuy91284


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ShyGuy91284

Hint to fellow cheese aficionados: buy a vacuum sealer. It's a great way to keep cheese for extended periods of time.I've since turned a veggie drawer in my fridge into a cheese drawer.

specsmachine


quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

That jalapeno jack is just begging to be enjoyed with a tumbler of tequila. Delicious!

NismoPlsr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NismoPlsr
psm321 wrote:Vegetarian?

(Woot: please start including this info in the descriptions for cheese so people don't have to ask every time...)



Ditto.

I skimmed their website and could not find any nutrition info there either.