otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Any Nor Cal? wine.wooters want to try to do a tasting or get together? Flying into town on 9/10, departing the 14th.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

For some reason that date's dinging in my head like I have plans, but can't remember what. If I'm free I'm in though.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Would love to. I'm getting the wisdom teeth out on the 12th, though, so I can't drink after Saturday night the 10th for the rest of the time you're here. Doesn't mean I wouldn't join in, unless I'm in way more pain than anticipated.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

Would love to... I think my brother will be in town. Maybe I can get him to come along. Would you want to get together in the city? Or are you planning to come to Napa/Sonoma?

tenuki

tenuki wrote:For some reason that date's dinging in my head like I have plans, but can't remember what. If I'm free I'm in though.

I have a birthday party to go to day of the 10th. Think it's lunch though.

CT

otolith

Good to see there's a few peeps interested. Sat or Sunday probably would work the best.

Sparky said he'd come up.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tenuki

otolith wrote:Good to see there's a few peeps interested. Sat or Sunday probably would work the best.

Sparky said he'd come up.

Oh, we're not available then. He'd prefer we sink into the ocean!

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:Oh, we're not available then. He'd prefer we sink into the ocean!

Um, aren't you on the Berserkly side?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I might be interested but not on Sunday. We're going to the Giants game. Once plans are made, then I might have a better idea what's going on.

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:I might be interested but not on Sunday. We're going to the Giants game. Once plans are made, then I might have a better idea what's going on.

Yay, the return of Lexie! Happy to see you too of course ;)

Maybe Saturday night, would y'all have a place to crash until the game Sunday?

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:Yay, the return of Lexie! Happy to see you too of course ;)

Maybe Saturday night, would y'all have a place to crash until the game Sunday?

Yeah, on the floor of my sister's house with 2 toddlers. You have a bed to offer for us?

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:Yeah, on the floor of my sister's house with 2 toddlers. You have a bed to offer for us?

If you're serious let me know, I'll clear with roommates but should be okay. It's a pullout bed but there's large couches and stuff too. That and I'm in Walnut Creek and no idea where we're meeting yet though I'm assuming we're not going to inconvenience doc ot too much since he's the guest.

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:If you're serious let me know, I'll clear with roommates but should be okay. It's a pullout bed but there's large couches and stuff too. That and I'm in Walnut Creek and no idea where we're meeting yet though I'm assuming we're not going to inconvenience doc ot too much since he's the guest.

Thanks. Maybe. I guess it all depends on where we shall be hanging out. I'm still up in the air as to whether I can make it.

otolith

It looks like Saturday night would be the night that we could possibly get together. Would that be fine with everyone? If so, I'll bring a couple local wines with me to share.

--John Muir

tenuki

otolith wrote:It looks like Saturday night would be the night that we could possibly get together. Would that be fine with everyone? If so, I'll bring a couple local wines with me to share.

Where are you staying and how are you set for transportation?

CT

otolith

tenuki wrote:Where are you staying and how are you set for transportation?

Staying downtown close to the Moscone Center/Wyndham. Hotel is the PARC 55 HOTEL. I will have no transporatation other than my legs.

--John Muir

klezman

otolith wrote:Staying downtown close to the Moscone Center/Wyndham. Hotel is the PARC 55 HOTEL. I will have no transporatation other than my legs.

That's close to my gf's place. I will try to make it for Saturday night but sounds like we need a location still. Not sure if there are non-corkage restaurants around there.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

INTLGerard

quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

otolith wrote:Staying downtown close to the Moscone Center/Wyndham. Hotel is the PARC 55 HOTEL. I will have no transporatation other than my legs.

Check your PM's soon...pleez

tenuki

Are we doing something? :P I can host but I'm in Walnut Creek so a bit of a pain. Can meet somewhere but I have no idea where.

CT

secretwine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages secretwine
klezman wrote:That's close to my gf's place. I will try to make it for Saturday night but sounds like we need a location still. Not sure if there are non-corkage restaurants around there.

Sat 9/10, if you want to drop by my shop about 2pm, I'll have a grower/winemaker pouring. If you bring good stuff ;) I'll let you pop a few corks and hang out on my roof. The winemaker is Ron Silva, of the cult Silvaspoons Vineyard, dubbed "The Portuguese King of Lodi". His wines are affordable and food friendly. $15 for the tasting.

Same day is Donkey & Goat's open house $30 at the door, at the winery in Berkeley. Runs 12-4:30pm.

For those of you who remember, my Gelato Wine event is on! Thurs 9/15, 7-9pm, at my wine shop. event page by professionals

mewalk707

BYOBs according to Open Table...

Cityhouse, located in the Parc 55.

Jaspers Corner Tap is a pub right around the corner. Not really a "wine" place but they have a great beer selection.

Any other ideas?

Who all is still coming?

secretwine

mewalk707 wrote:BYOBs according to Open Table...

Cityhouse, located in the Parc 55.

Jaspers Corner Tap is a pub right around the corner. Not really a "wine" place but they have a great beer selection.

Any other ideas?

Who all is still coming?

In my 'hood (4 blocks away from parc55), I suggest in the afternoon, getting a sandwich at the new Deliboard taking it to my roof to enjoy w/wine!

For drivers, there is 2-hour parking in the alleys, and on Langton Alley, all day garage parking $10 if you want peace of mind about leaving your car.

mewalk707

secretwine wrote:In my 'hood (3 blocks away from parc55), I suggest in the afternoon, getting a sandwich at the new Deliboard taking it to my roof to enjoy w/wine!

Sounds good to me

secretwine

mewalk707 wrote:Sounds good to me

Suggested agenda:
1. Get your Deliboard sandwiches about 1:30pm
2. Bring the sandwiches to my shop & enjoy the winemaker talk & pouring at 2pm
3. Head upstairs for your own party. I have to entertain a birthday party in my shop from 3-4pm, so I'll be occupied, you'll be on your own up on the roof.
4. Head out for more wine bar / pub crawling, I can give you suggestions if you like.

otolith

Wow! Here I thought this was dead!

I arrive around 2pm, will need some time to get checked in.

I have tentative dinner plans with some of my colleagues, but am willing to change to hang out with you guys if something can still be arranged.

INTLGerard--thanks for the offer. Not sure who you could send something to, but it may be too late.

--John Muir

tenuki

secretwine wrote:Suggested agenda:
1. Get your Deliboard sandwiches about 1:30pm
2. Bring the sandwiches to my shop & enjoy the winemaker talk & pouring at 2pm
3. Head upstairs for your own party. I have to entertain a birthday party in my shop from 3-4pm, so I'll be occupied, you'll be on your own up on the roof.
4. Head out for more wine bar / pub crawling, I can give you suggestions if you like.

Might work for me, let me know if you're going, mewalk, klez, cagirl?

otolith got your pm, I'll let send you my number.

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:Might work for me, let me know if you're going, mewalk, klez, cagirl?

I have a birthday party at 1 in San Jose so won't be able to make the afternoon but if otolith wants to do something in the evening, then I might still be in. Not sure if it's happening though.

otolith

Tell me a time/place, and I'll be there. I could probably find the wine shop.

Packed a bottle of red from one of the local wineries--Cannon River Winery. It's in a wine diaper, we'll see how it holds up.

--John Muir

secretwine

otolith wrote:Tell me a time/place, and I'll be there. I could probably find the wine shop.

Packed a bottle of red from one of the local wineries--Cannon River Winery. It's in a wine diaper, we'll see how it holds up.

Ron Silva will be at my wine shop pouring & talking 2-3pm, 1097 Howard (@7th St).

klezman

tenuki wrote:Might work for me, let me know if you're going, mewalk, klez, cagirl?

Not sure how it's going to work out for me. I'm in the city at the moment, but will be in berkeley tonight. If critical mass appears in the next while I will do my best to join in.

tenuki

klezman wrote:Not sure how it's going to work out for me. I'm in the city at the moment, but will be in berkeley tonight. If critical mass appears in the next while I will do my best to join in.

Yeah, looks unlikely at this point then. Talked to mewalk, since she's three hours away, our lack of definite plans made it icky. I'll check in case people end up getting together for dinner but ...

CT

secretwine

secretwine wrote:Ron Silva will be at my wine shop pouring & talking 2-3pm, 1097 Howard (@7th St).

Looks more like 2:30-3:30pm for Ron's ETA, maybe gives you a better chance of getting in on the tasting?

otolith

Just got on the ground. May eventually make my way the the wine shop. If, for nothing else, to check it out and say hi.

Any interest in a local (to me) bottle of red, secretwine?

Edit: for the rest, hopefully next time.

--John Muir

secretwine

otolith wrote:Just got on the ground. May eventually make my way the the wine shop. If, for nothing else, to check it out and say hi.

I'll share a bottle of wine with you, otolith. Who knows, maybe someone else will show up from the woot crowd.

mewalk707

otolith wrote:Just got on the ground. May eventually make my way the the wine shop. If, for nothing else, to check it out and say hi.

So sorry to miss you this trip. Definitely next time

secretwine

mewalk707 wrote:So sorry to miss you this trip. Definitely next time

check out the loot ahem, bottle of Minnesota wine otolith brought to share. It was super sweet!

otolith

I like your wine shop!

Can't wait to make it back for a little more shopping.

--John Muir

tenuki

secretwine wrote:check out the loot ahem, bottle of Minnesota wine otolith brought to share. It was super sweet!

Sorry I missed it. I kinda want a bottle of that now, could totally cut and paste my friend J's picture over the girl.

CT