cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Along with a bottle for this weekend's woot, I have also been graced with a bottle for this coming Wednesday's offer. While I could simply hoard this very tasty looking wine all to myself, my drunken musings would make much less sense on these boards than the random musings of thousands of bay area wooters about their take on the wine.

Therefore I declare a spontaneous wine rattage event at my place in the south bay (address to be distributed via PM) on Tuesday night at 6:30 pm.

I'll provide a main dish (yet to be decided, suggestions welcomed) You come bearing sides/snacks/dessert.

I will of course provide the wine, possibly others from my cellar as well.

Please RSVP by 24 Hours prior to the event to ensure proper amounts of tastiness to go around.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
cmaldoon wrote:Along with a bottle for this weekend's woot, I have also been graced with a bottle for this coming Wednesday's offer. While I could simply hoard this very tasty looking wine all to myself, my drunken musings would make much less sense on these boards than the random musings of thousands of bay area wooters about their take on the wine.

Therefore I declare a spontaneous wine rattage event at my place in the south bay (address to be distributed via PM) on Tuesday night at 6:30 pm.

I'll provide a main dish (yet to be decided, suggestions welcomed) You come bearing sides/snacks/dessert.

I will of course provide the wine, possibly others from my cellar as well.

Please RSVP by 24 Hours prior to the event to ensure proper amounts of tastiness to go around.

I wish I'd known which was which, or I'd have been able to come AND bring a second rat bottle. As it is, I cold come and bring a good comparison bottle instead, knowing how it drank tonight.

Actually, i still have half a bottle left, as only three or four of my friends tasted it. It's currently back in bottle, but could keep some to taste every day following Might last 5 days in bottle, though coud;d be stretching things.. What do you think?

PM me with your varietal in case it differs from mine (quite possible).

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:Therefore I declare a spontaneous wine rattage event at my place in the south bay (address to be distributed via PM) on Tuesday night at 6:30 pm.

I am in, of course. Shoot me an email with a desired style or flavour profile of the sides. I don't want to bring Buffalo wings to go with a big ol' Cab Sauv!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

How late do you think you'll be running? Getting to peninsula by 6:30 isn't really likely for me.

CT

cmaldoon

tenuki wrote:How late do you think you'll be running? Getting to peninsula by 6:30 isn't really likely for me.

I'm sure we could move it to 7 or even 7:30 if people can make that. I'm in Santa Clara, where would you be coming from?

My Cellar

tenuki

cmaldoon wrote:I'm sure we could move it to 7 or even 7:30 if people can make that. I'm in Santa Clara, where would you be coming from?

Walnut Creek, I don't think I'd make the start anyway, wouldn't want to try with traffic. Probably count my out but I'll consider it.

CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
klezman wrote:I am in, of course. Shoot me an email with a desired style or flavour profile of the sides. I don't want to bring Buffalo wings to go with a big ol' Cab Sauv!

think Cab Sauv, not big, but softer. not Cab. Sophistimacated red. Best clue I can give without saying.
I'm quite likely to make it. Klez, can I steal a sofa overnight!?

what wine did you want apart from the dessert? (Buena vista to come later)

Anyone want Heitz port, or Ty Caton Dessert wine BTW at good prices (like 50% off)? I can bring and barter.

cmaldoon

Bump! 2 days

My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
richardhod wrote:think Cab Sauv, not big, but softer. not Cab. Sophistimacated red. Best clue I can give without saying.
I'm quite likely to make it. Klez, can I steal a sofa overnight!?

what wine did you want apart from the dessert? (Buena vista to come later)

Anyone want Heitz port, or Ty Caton Dessert wine BTW at good prices (like 50% off)? I can bring and barter.

OK, sounds good. I should have couch space available unless my roommate is planning on needing both that night.

The dessert wine should be plenty. I'm full up on the storage myself. You should ask Sparky if he wants to have his Pig Stai sent down with you on the way back.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

Okay, definitely not making it, forgot I had plans.

CT