bretsmall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretsmall

Hi All--just moved to St. Augustine (<1 yr ago) and love it!--Wondering if there are any other Wine Wooters (or winos, in general) who might be interested in getting together for a tasting?

gregorylane


quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
bretsmall wrote:Hi All--just moved to St. Augustine (<1 yr ago) and love it!--Wondering if there are any other Wine Wooters (or winos, in general) who might be interested in getting together for a tasting?



Florida is such a big place...we seem to be all over the place 2-4 in Tampa Bay...same for Miami and that area. you are the first from St A. I've seen. Gotta say, it's one of our favorite destinations, and there are some great wine/restaurants there...I know, I've stumbled home at all hours. Don't know if you'll hear from anyone, but I'll keep watching!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

lizzydragon84


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzydragon84

I'm in Orlando and I'd be game for an event in Tampa or St. Augustine. Great places in both areas for a meetup.

jdhart306


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdhart306

I live in Pensacola, but do happen to make it to St. Augustine at least a couple of times during the year and would love to finally meet up with some other wooters. As far as wine in St. Augustine, (you guys probably already know abbot it) but there is a little wine outlet store on A1A in Crescent Beach right across from the Oasis that actually has a pretty decent selection.

picklep


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picklep

I live in Jacksonville and would definitely be interested in establishing a group. I've been trying to turn on as many friends as possible to the pleasure of drinking good wine at a good value, as Woot has done for me over the past year.

LaVikinga


quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga

I stay in lurker mode pretty much 24/7 on this side of woot. I'm down in Orange Park and I am also frequently in P'cola to visit family. I'd love to attend on either side of the state. There was a Northeast Florida group here a few years back, but life got busy for me and I was only able to attend one event. They were a really nice group of people too!

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

moomoocow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moomoocow

Hi folks - I'm in Gainesville here ... would love to meet up for some tastings. Jax, St A, Orlando, Ocala, Tampa all OK!

spammie


quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie

I'm in Tallahassee, and interested.

bretsmall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretsmall

Hi All---

jdhart306 --sorry to say the wine place you mentioned (Wine Warehouse)that had a great selection for such a tiny store is CLOSED.

I'm not sure what happened (economy, competition, I didn't go enough, etc.)--but I'm thinking of a spring time get together might be fun; maybe at a restaurant on the Island. I've never set one of these up though--when's best weekend, weeknight? Thinking sometime in the 2nd half of March...

Wigdog


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wigdog
bretsmall wrote:Hi All---

jdhart306 --sorry to say the wine place you mentioned (Wine Warehouse)that had a great selection for such a tiny store is CLOSED.

I'm not sure what happened (economy, competition, I didn't go enough, etc.)--but I'm thinking of a spring time get together might be fun; maybe at a restaurant on the Island. I've never set one of these up though--when's best weekend, weeknight? Thinking sometime in the 2nd half of March...



The bride and I are here in Ponte Vedra, and are up for a get-together. 2nd half of March sounds good...

"I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret."
Basil Fawlty



gemeinschaft79


quality posts: 2 Private Messages gemeinschaft79

I'm in East Palatka and interested in a wine woot meetup. I lived in St. Augustine for 10 years and sorely miss Wine Warehouse & the Joyful Cork. There's a tapas room in the Old City that has a great wine selection though.

@awriteword

My Cellar

My Blog

gregorylane


quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
gemeinschaft79 wrote:I'm in East Palatka and interested in a wine woot meetup. I lived in St. Augustine for 10 years and sorely miss Wine Warehouse & the Joyful Cork. There's a tapas room in the Old City that has a great wine selection though.



The Tasting Room is the name of the place at the N. end of Ol Towne...great wine selection. They have a sister restaurant called Opus 39 over on the east side of town that is a treasure. Great menu (pricey) but a wine cellar tasting room that is to die for with a full time Sommellier that will pour you a taste of anything to assist you in your selection. I had an '05 Revana the one time I ate there...freakin' awesome.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

MojoFilter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MojoFilter

I live near Tampa, but I end up in Jacksonville pretty regularly. I would love to hang out with a bunch of wooing winos!