cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Condo hasn't sold yet, so another tasting we go!

DETAILS
DATE: September 3, 2011
TIME: 4:00pm
THEME: Come Drink My Wine!
HOST: cheron98 (PM for directions) - Metro Detroit Area

My cellar is officially overflowing, so that means it's time to host another tasting. Only this time, it's all my wines, but YOU pick it! There will be very few limitations on what I allow you to grab from the cellar (ahem, not the Turleys). So take some time and browse through my CellarTracker and pick what looks interesting to you! Bring a dish to pass.

Also: Since I am offering up pretty much all of my cellar, I would like to request a little monetary compensation for the wines you are selecting. It would not be for the entire cost of the bottle - but it would be proportional to the cost of the bottle you select, but no less than $5, but no more than $25. Except for the 2004 Turley, which, since I have 2, I would allow. But for that I would request a $60 compensation. Which means, yes, you can pick the 2004 Turley. Just be prepared to pay for it.

Basically, bottle cost -> compensation breakdown would be as follows:

$5 - $15 -> $5
$15 - $30 -> $10
$30 - $40 -> $15
$40 - $50 -> $20
$50+ -> $25

ATTENDEES:
1. cheron98
-- 2006 Valter Barbero Serena Benaco Bresciano IGT
2. theomach
-- 2004 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon Kronos Vineyard
3. theomach +1
-- 2005 Twisted Oak *%#&@!
4. sulakdd
-- 2001 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon
5. sulakdd +1
- 2000 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon
6. ddeuddeg
-- 2006 Mollydooker Shiraz Goosebumps
7. bahwm
-- 2004 Rosenblum Cellars Zinfandel Richard Sauret
8. oppsie
-- 2006 Wellington Vineyards Noir de Noirs
9. oppsie +1
10. cheron98 +1
11. cheron98 +1

PURCHASES:
1. theomach
-- 2007 Woot Cellars Boss Monster
-- 2004 Wellington Vineyards Merlot Estate Bottled
-- 2005 Ty Caton Field Blend Red Caton Vineyard
-- 2007 Kent Rasmussen Petite Sirah Esoterica Chavez-Leeds Vineyard
2. sulakdd
-- 2010 CyberPub Cellars Publend
-- 2006 KR Esoterica LH Viognier
-- 2005 Woot Cellars Toothstejnn
3. ddeuddeg
-- 2004 Chase Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard
-- 2004 Etude Fortitude Frediani Field Blend
-- 2005 Reininger Helix Pomatia
-- 2006 Reininger Helix Pomatia
-- 2005 Twisted Oak Tempranillo
-- 2006 Super Hero Wines InZINerator (750)
-- 2006 Rosenblum Cellars Zinfandel Richard Sauret
4. oppsie
-- 2006 Rosenblum Cellars Zinfandel Richard Sauret

REGRETS:
- confused Lasgar
- tiger
- tommy
- silvia
- Sparky

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

Will be a two parter - part 1 on July 30th for the local, non-wooters, part 2 on Sept 3rd (Labor Day Weekend) for the wooters

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

If only you weren't so far away!

There's a bunch in your list I'd love to try, starting with the Iron Horse Cab Franc. I really wish I'd been wooting when that came up.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

klezman wrote:If only you weren't so far away!

There's a bunch in your list I'd love to try, starting with the Iron Horse Cab Franc. I really wish I'd been wooting when that came up.

Yeah I probably should've thought of this a few days ago while Southwest was having its fare sale. $120 each way for you should have been tempting

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

If I had to pick I would do July 9th, I might have a friend visit the 30th and the 13th is out for me as well. Although the drive to your place is becoming harder now, since I think its now 7 hours for me.

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:If I had to pick I would do July 9th, I might have a friend visit the 30th and the 13th is out for me as well. Although the drive to your place is becoming harder now, since I think its now 7 hours for me.

If D&B come, you could probably hitch a ride

cheron98

Also: Since I am offering up pretty much all of my cellar, I would like to request a little monetary compensation for the wines you are selecting. It would not be for the entire cost of the bottle - but it would be proportional to the cost of the bottle you select, but no less than $5, but no more than $25. Except for the 2004 Turley, which, since I have 2, I would allow. But for that I would request a $60 compensation. Which means, yes, you can pick the 2004 Turley. Just be prepared to pay for it.

Basically, bottle cost -> compensation breakdown would be as follows:

$5 - $15 -> $5
$15 - $30 -> $10
$30 - $40 -> $15
$40 - $50 -> $20
$50+ -> $25

cheron98

So, my sis and her family are planning to come out here on the weekend of the 9th, so that weekend is officially off the table for this. Pick one of the other two days

tiger7610

Boo, too bad we cant combine the two, I'm guessing neither date will work for me, but if I had to pick then maybe the 30th since no way I can make august 13th

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:If D&B come, you could probably hitch a ride

I think we have a bit too much on our plate already to make it to either of those dates, with the sushi and bubbly here on 7/23, the Clambake on 8/6, and the Vegas Awards dinner on 8/20, plus a house and garden to take care of, a dance adjudication to prepare for on 8/26 (Waltz, Hustle, Foxtrot, Swing, Rumba, Cha-ha, Tango routines all have o be perfected), a couple of Shakespeare events, and curriculum work to do. However, if you want to unload a case, and you don't mind us doing a little cherry-picking, you could bring us a case on 7/23, and we'll pay you a fair price (not the discounted deal you're offering at the event). Frankly, we'd love to be there for the fun, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

Do we want to think about pushing into September? It occurs to me that this is an exceptionally busy summer for everyone, and I'm kind of counting on the out-of-town semi-regulars, since, well, in-town regulars is only me and oppsie anymore

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:However, if you want to unload a case, and you don't mind us doing a little cherry-picking, you could bring us a case on 7/23, and we'll pay you a fair price

Sure, let me know what you want and make an offer

tiger7610

You might have to ask other people, but in terms of september, I'm busy Sep 17, and the 23.

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:You might have to ask other people, but in terms of september, I'm busy Sep 17, and the 23.

Noted Added Sept 3 and 10 to the available dates list.

theomach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theomach

I would like to cast my vote for the September 3rd Labor Day weekend date. All those other dates are just so busy! Labor Day Away!!!

cheron98

Right, so a bunch of my local non-wooter friends are available on July 30, so I'm gonna do a 2-parter, I think. With them on the 30th, and then are we leaning to Labor Day weekend?

sulakdd

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sulakdd

I would be interested in either of the September dates.

cheron98

sulakdd wrote:I would be interested in either of the September dates.

Excellent!

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Right, so a bunch of my local non-wooter friends are available on June 30, so I'm gonna do a 2-parter, I think. With them on the 30th, and then are we leaning to Labor Day weekend?

You hadn't mentioned June 30th before this. Could you possibly mean July 30th?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:You hadn't mentioned June 30th before this. Could you possibly mean July 30th?

Right. That's what I meant.

But what about Labor Day weekend? Can you guys come out for that?

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Count me in (and Silvia of course )!! Possibly for both dates.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Right. That's what I meant.

But what about Labor Day weekend? Can you guys come out for that?

Not sure yet. Possibly. Any later in September would be totally out of the question for us. Opening weeks of school are just too hectic.

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Count me in (and Silvia of course )!! Possibly for both dates.

Excellent There's still time for you to put an offer in on the condo, y'know

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:Not sure yet. Possibly. Any later in September would be totally out of the question for us. Opening weeks of school are just too hectic.

Yeah I think the September one will be the last one I'm really willing to be planning for. Even right now, I'm just a wee bit concerned about entertaining September just because of the way my luck goes - I'd get all of you to say you're coming and then mid-August, I'll get an offer on the house. Not that that would be HORRIBLE.

Also, I'd appreciate it if those who are coming for July 30 would get me their wine selections from the CT by the 23rd, and those coming for September get me their selections by August 27th, so I have time to figure out the costs and send out PMs and all that lovely stuff, and find the bottles and put them upright and aside.

I'm think I'm gonna call it as Labor Day Weekend for the September one.

Lasgar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lasgar

Hi Cheron,
I would like to come with a +1 and the wines we are interested in are the
2003 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2000 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon.

Please send me a PM and I look forward to seeing you, its been a long time.

cheron98

Lasgar wrote:Hi Cheron,
I would like to come with a +1 and the wines we are interested in are the
2003 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2000 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon.

Please send me a PM and I look forward to seeing you, its been a long time.

Whoo! PM on the way.

ddeuddeg

You might want to update your first page to include the July 30th date and/or drop CJ a note letting her know, so it will show on the weekly list.

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:You might want to update your first page to include the July 30th date and/or drop CJ a note letting her know, so it will show on the weekly list.

July 30th isn't the official w.w one. Pretty much just my local friends who aren't wooters. Though some of you have met many of them, I'm sure - especially if you were at the last one, since they were here for that.

They'll likely crash the September 3rd one, too But seems like there'll be a distinct LACK of wooters at the July 30th, so it doesn't need to go on the calendar.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:July 30th isn't the official w.w one. Pretty much just my local friends who aren't wooters. Though some of you have met many of them, I'm sure - especially if you were at the last one, since they were here for that.

They'll likely crash the September 3rd one, too But seems like there'll be a distinct LACK of wooters at the July 30th, so it doesn't need to go on the calendar.

You haven't turned them into wooters yet?! Shame!

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:You haven't turned them into wooters yet?! Shame!

I think the problem is because I keep buying wine and sharing it with them, they don't feel the need to also be wooters

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Other than the T-T I don't have anything specific I want to try. Maybe some of the Twisted Oak stuff like the River of Skulls and the Grenache Torcido. I was thinking of just doing the eeny meeny miny mo thing and see what I come up with.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:I think the problem is because I keep buying wine and sharing it with them, they don't feel the need to also be wooters

So once you move away, they'll either go into woot withdrawal or get onto the slippery slope with the rest of us.

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:So once you move away, they'll either go into woot withdrawal or get onto the slippery slope with the rest of us.

Exactly

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Other than the T-T I don't have anything specific I want to try. Maybe some of the Twisted Oak stuff like the River of Skulls and the Grenache Torcido. I was thinking of just doing the eeny meeny miny mo thing and see what I come up with.

No T-T for you, you've had enough of mine

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:No T-T for you, you've had enough of mine

Are you talking about the T Bar T Cab Franc? I suppose I should open one of my bottles one of these days. I just realized I never opened any of my 3 bottles of it since the purchase way back in April 2008.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Wait, this is during Burning Man!

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Are you talking about the T Bar T Cab Franc? I suppose I should open one of my bottles one of these days. I just realized I never opened any of my 3 bottles of it since the purchase way back in April 2008.

Yes. Since discovering I'd had some in my cellar, every time tommy's come over, he's opened one of them

Ok, granted, I LET him, but still. That's the only time I've ever drank them, is when he's over.

cheron98

richardhod wrote:Wait, this is during Burning Man!

Who, what now?

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
richardhod wrote:http://www.burningman.com

Ohfortheloveofallthat'sholy...do you do anything that's normal?

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012