+ Add a Comment

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

Okay, here's the new thread as promised! The cost will be $40 pp for this year to cover the cost of tents in the backyard, which will help ease mother's fear of inclement weather. If we end up needing more money, I'll let you know.
Attendees:
1. mother Miyas
2. cjsiege PAID
3. kkv123 PAID
4. tiger7610 PAID Miyas
5. HAK PAID Miyas
6. pb PAID
7. pb's lovely wife PAID
8. ktest PAID
9. Cesare PAID
10. inshadows PAID Miyas
11. ddog PAID Miyas
12. bawhm PAID Miyas
13. cheron98 PAID Miyas
14. Kao1138 PAID
15. Mrs. Sanderson PAID Miyas
16. justinsanderson PAID Miyas
17. wkpanda PAID Miyas
18. darlene Miyas
19. darlene's hubby Miyas
20. dsapp PAID
21. dsapp's lovely wife PAID
22. wootified PAID
23. wootified's lovely wife (and her tasty treats?) PAID
24. pb has a possible +1 PAID
Waitlist:

madpoet
madpoet's +1

Regrets:
Imagine4vr
MarkDaSpark
pb's daughter
rpm

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

darlenee1

from mother:
So on the airport issue:
BDL and HPN are each about 75mins from here.

JFK/LGA Are about 1:45

BOS/PVD/EWR Are all 2-2:30 Away.

You will probably want to plan on a car unless you can arrange with other people.

There is also a HVN (Tweed New Haven) airport right here, but that is only an option for people with USAirways miles burning a hole in your pocket (2x a day puddle jumper to PHL).

from wootified:
Another 90-120 minute away airport alternative is SWF which is Stewart Airport in Orange county, NY. It's Near me - send pm if you have questions.

darlenee1

Hotel info (reminder, do not ask mother to put you up unless he already offered it, dude's got a lot on his plate)
Hampton Inn in New Haven
Hilton Garden Inn in Milford
Hyatt Place in Milford
Residence Inn in Milford

darlenee1

Dinner the night before for earlier arrivals:
I'm tempted to go the Miya's route. Awesome non seafood options for those not into fish, raw or cooked. It's really quite an experience that I'd love to share with everybody. We can do pizza on Thursday, or even Saturday/Sunday afternoon, if anyone is interested in that option.

darlenee1

Also, everyone should have a pm from me regarding where to send payment. If I don't here from you by July, I'm going to bump you from the list and move the waitlist up.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Since I know that Darlene and Mother will be in here, eventually.

I have your Concannon PS from Cheron, via HAK. It is three for one and two for the other, labelled on the box, so I forget.

It is stored nicely in the cellar. And I opened one of my pair. Still drinking wonderfully. At $10/1.5l, this is the best deal in wine you could ever find.

What can we bring? I can bring table again, and promise not to forget it. (I will tape my keys to the bottom of the table.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

I have a bottle of IH bubbly and pair of glasses for mother, been sitting on it since he had me order it last summer. As far as I know, that's all I'm holding for anyone. Unless we don't see Tiger before then.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Kao1138

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Kao1138

Please add me to the waitlist as I'll come if a spot opens up . I'm assuming that if it people get pulled for nonpayment or can't show up it'll happen with enough enough time to get a hotel room.

darlenee1

Kao1138 wrote:Please add me to the waitlist as I'll come if a spot opens up . I'm assuming that if it people get pulled for nonpayment or can't show up it'll happen with enough enough time to get a hotel room.

done

darlenee1

I received payment via paypal from someone I don't know, and who didn't include their wooter name! If Mr. D. H. would id himself, that would be great!

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

Darlene, payment is in the mail.

HAK and PB: do you guys have the Château d'Yquem?

polarbear22

dsapp wrote:Darlene, payment is in the mail.

It was sent to Krugsters. So as far as I know it is still there.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
dsapp wrote:Darlene, payment is in the mail.

That is just wrong. Posting that in public where all us who can't make it can read...

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
darlenee1 wrote:I received payment via paypal from someone I don't know, and who didn't include their wooter name! If Mr. D. H. would id himself, that would be great!

That could be InShadows.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
polarbear22 wrote:It was sent to Krugsters. So as far as I know it is still there.

Yeah, Krugsters still has them. I haven't even picked up mine yet. If someone else doesn't obtain yours & PB's for you before the clambake, I'll make sure to do so such that I can bring them with me.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

darlenee1 wrote:Dinner the night before for earlier arrivals:
I'm tempted to go the Miya's route. Awesome non seafood options for those not into fish, raw or cooked. It's really quite an experience that I'd love to share with everybody. We can do pizza on Thursday, or even Saturday/Sunday afternoon, if anyone is interested in that option.

If you do the Miya's on Friday, what kind of time would you be planning on? Basically if Cat flies in on Friday, and I leave from work to pick her up from the airport, and continue on straight to Miya's....just trying to figure out if that would even be an option and how early we'd have to schedule all that stuff.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

My flight is booked

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
darlenee1 wrote:Dinner the night before for earlier arrivals:

If you're polling for interest, I'd probably prefer pizza instead. Although I left the midwest long ago, I brought with me an ingrained suspicion of raw fish. Just. can't. do. it. Not even those cooked 'California rolls' that everyone insists that I will really like and I never, ever do. Ever the optimist, I scanned the menu for something that did not scream "raw!" and saw some tempura items, but candidly admit that I'm not terribly fond of fried things either.

HOWEVER, I'm nothing if not accomodating. If everyone else is keen, I'll show with enthusiasm and sip fortifying beverages while the rest of you indulge your (terrifying) love of the sea.

HitAnyKey42

cheron98 wrote:My flight is booked

And both myself & Cat are in for Friday night at Miya's. I'll be picking her up at the airport in the morning, we'll head into NYC for a bit (and hopefully pick up PB's & dsapp's d'Yquem bottles, while visiting with Krugsters), and then head on up to CT for the evening festivities.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

darlenee1

kkv123 wrote:If you're polling for interest, I'd probably prefer pizza instead. Although I left the midwest long ago, I brought with me an ingrained suspicion of raw fish. Just. can't. do. it. Not even those cooked 'California rolls' that everyone insists that I will really like and I never, ever do. Ever the optimist, I scanned the menu for something that did not scream "raw!" and saw some tempura items, but candidly admit that I'm not terribly fond of fried things either.

HOWEVER, I'm nothing if not accomodating. If everyone else is keen, I'll show with enthusiasm and sip fortifying beverages while the rest of you indulge your (terrifying) love of the sea.

Miya's can be way more than raw fish. Take a look at the menu, very little is in fact raw fish. Lots of veggie, nothing is tempura in the way you are accustomed.

darlenee1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:And both myself & Cat are in for Friday night at Miya's. I'll be picking her up at the airport in the morning, we'll head into NYC for a bit (and hopefully pick up PB's & dsapp's d'Yquem bottles, while visiting with Krugsters), and then head on up to CT for the evening festivities.

Awesome. Not sure on time just yet, maybe 7:30 (which will cost more) or 9:30 (our traditional late night special time).

darlenee1

Attention Speedoo!
You have a seat at the clambake.

HitAnyKey42

darlenee1 wrote:Attention Speedoo!
You have a seat at the clambake.

Btw, you have two 3's and you're missing a 12.
And it looks like you accidentally took Cesare off the list?

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

darlenee1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Btw, you have two 3's and you're missing a 12.
And it looks like you accidentally took Cesare off the list?

Fixed. Thanks HAK.

cheron98

darlenee1 wrote:Fixed. Thanks HAK.

Scared me for a minute there - I didn't see me on the list anymore! I see what you did, now

darlenee1

cheron98 wrote:Scared me for a minute there - I didn't see me on the list anymore! I see what you did, now

Yeah, after I did it I was all like "Man, I hope Cat sees where she is."

bahwm

ddeuddeg & I are in for Miya's on Friday.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

HitAnyKey42

darlenee1 wrote:Yeah, after I did it I was all like "Man, I hope Cat sees where she is."

I still think you need to move her to be next to me on the list...and get speedoo out from between Cesare and kttest.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I still think you need to move her to be next to me on the list...and get speedoo out from between Cesare and kttest.

You just like having me next to you

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows

Are we all picking the same hotel or different hotels? I figure why let the party stop when the clambake is over.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

cheron98

InShadows wrote:Are we all picking the same hotel or different hotels? I figure why let the party stop when the clambake is over.

Haven't even begun to look at hotels yet. Which is highly unusual for me - usually by this point I would have had everything all set and ready to go

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Haven't even begun to look at hotels yet. Which is highly unusual for me - usually by this point I would have had everything all set and ready to go

whaaaaat? Not booked yet!? You're slackin'!

madpoet

quality posts: 4 Private Messages madpoet
bahwm wrote:whaaaaat? Not booked yet!? You're slackin'!

I'm tempted to come with the wife, let me see what's up that weekend. If I do should I bring the 6 liter monster?

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

I noticed that I'm listed as going to Miyas. I can't. Or at least, I can't eat there if I want to eat at the clambake. I have a limited ability to eat seafood and not be ill later. I can have Miyas **or** I can have clambake. And I know myself well enough to know that I can't be at Miyas and not have fish. (Don't even try to go down the path of "vegetarian sushi" That is an affront to nature.)

Sorry about that.

justinrsanderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson

Taking a break from honeymoon to check woot.

Now official, Mr. and Mrs. justinrsanderson are both in for the 'bake and atleast 1 of us, if not both for Miya's.

Pizza at some point sounds great. Should we try a different place this time since we've done Bar twice? Maybe Modern Apizza, Pepe's, or Sally's?

Will send payment when I get back next week.

Miya's is BYOB, and nothing like you've ever had for sushi.

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

wkdpanda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wkdpanda

Hotel - not sure, haven't booked it yet, but the gang has a preference for the after-party...

Friday night - Miya's sounds good to me.

Might go for pizza on Sunday afternoon, before I head back.

-Andy

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
madpoet wrote:I'm tempted to come with the wife, let me see what's up that weekend. If I do should I bring the 6 liter monster?

darlenee1 will need to add you and the lovely MrsMadpoet to the waitlist. Unfortunately, this event has a cap on the number of attendees. Mostly to preserve mother's nerves and the good graces of the neighbors.

madpoet

quality posts: 4 Private Messages madpoet
cjsiege wrote:darlenee1 will need to add you and the lovely MrsMadpoet to the waitlist. Unfortunately, this event has a cap on the number of attendees. Mostly to preserve mother's nerves and the good graces of the neighbors.

Ah well. I'll have to figure another way to drink the impulse buy perhaps.

polarbear22

So how many people are interested in getting together on Friday, but not for sushi? I don't expect that all of us that are interested in getting together can be in one place, so a couple of groups will work.

If there is enough interest, we can do burgers, etc. at our place. We are about an hour from New Haven area.

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote: ...and hopefully pick up PB's & dsapp's d'Yquem bottle...

And hopefully pick up my bottle.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook