MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Another locker raid, but on zTimothyBz's wines!! No need to bring wine (and this includes me!) for this one either. Late May Early June? June 4th at 6pm.

CyberPub Bottling is weekend of May 13-15. I'll be going to Buffalo #6 (weekend of June 3-5).

Memorial Day weekend is May 28th to 30th (not sure if anyone has plans that weekend).

---------------------------------------------

Date: June 4th, Saturday
Time: 6:00 pm
Host: zTimothyBz at his Lakewood abode
Theme: Drink down his wines! (Bring $20 and appetizer for 10)

Attending:

• 1. zTimothyBz
  • 2. MarkDaSpark
  • 3. time2testit +1
  • 5. ekeavney +1
  • 7. Merbill +1

Maybes:

• Wings2004
  • Kool
  • Nostrom0
  • SooChee
  • joshaw
  • Kylemittskus +1
  • Nallie +1

Regrets:

• Whoever misses this
  • Java +1
  • mobrien05 +1

Bring $20 as share of wine.

Also everyone (or per couple) should bring an appetizer for 10.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joshaw

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joshaw

I hope to make my first SoCal gathering this time around.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

I vote for June 4 or June 18.

alexa84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages alexa84

okay, make me a maybe (and maybe add a couple of pluses) - I need to get out of town!

<--- is ALWAYS available to rat *** my cellar in progress (don't judge!) ***

currently in training for the CSW exam & very excited about it!

alexa84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages alexa84
sanity wrote:I vote for June 4 or June 18.

if it's June 4th, Sparky can't go

[edit] aaaand, if it's June 18th, I'll likely stick around home - the White Sox will be in town!

Memorial Day weekend is maybe tough for most people?

I don't think I'm helping....

<--- is ALWAYS available to rat *** my cellar in progress (don't judge!) ***

currently in training for the CSW exam & very excited about it!

MarkDaSpark

alexa84 wrote:if it's June 4th, Sparky can't go

[edit] aaaand, if it's June 18th, I'll likely stick around home - the White Sox will be in town!

Memorial Day weekend is maybe tough for most people?

I don't think I'm helping....

Well, that's one way of Tim making sure I don't bring a bottle!!!

Father's Day is in there as well, one of those Sundays, so that doesn't help either for those traveling.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Either I knew sparky would be outta town on the 4th, or I missed it completely!

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

June is better for us. Not sure which date in June but still...apparently we are already a maybe so that's a good start (and feel free to fix my handle again there Mark)!

(P.S. Am I the only one to find it amusing that this is to raid Tim's wine and it was Mark who initiated the thread and Tim has yet to post in this thread at all?!)

(P.P.S. And Mark is listed only as a "maybe")

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

I asked Sparky to post it, since I'm so bad about this whole internet communication thing.

These look to be my blackout dates for May and June:
- May 14 & 21
- June 18, 25, 26

Was just in Sedona for an ayurvedic foot massage class. Perhaps a mini-theme could be "Celebrating Arizona", since I picked up these:
2009 Arizona Stronghold Vineyard Mangus
2009 Arizona Stronghold Vineyard Nachise
2009 Arizona Stronghold Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Dala

I'll look over what Sparky poured while I was away, and see if I can come up with something complementary. Of course, since it's me, I'll have to pull out some Corison and Madeira...

--- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
zTimothyBz wrote:I asked Sparky to post it, since I'm so bad about this whole internet communication thing.

These look to be my blackout dates for May and June:
- May 14 & 21
- June 18, 25, 26

Was just in Sedona for an ayurvedic foot massage class. Perhaps a mini-theme could be "Celebrating Arizona", since I picked up these:
2009 Arizona Stronghold Vineyard Mangus
2009 Arizona Stronghold Vineyard Nachise
2009 Arizona Stronghold Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Dala

I'll look over what Sparky poured while I was away, and see if I can come up with something complementary. Of course, since it's me, I'll have to pull out some Corison and Madeira...

--- T

Sorry we missed you (or actually you missed all of us) at Sparky's extravaganza. I'd love to try some Arizona wine (as long as it is from the Wildcats and not Sun Devils)! And anything you pick is sure to be enjoyed. Thanks for hosting (again)!

Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0

Hooray for Madeira!

Stash at CT

MarkDaSpark

time2testit wrote:June is better for us. Not sure which date in June but still...apparently we are already a maybe so that's a good start (and feel free to fix my handle again there Mark)!

(P.S. Am I the only one to find it amusing that this is to raid Tim's wine and it was Mark who initiated the thread and Tim has yet to post in this thread at all?!)

(P.P.S. And Mark is listed only as a "maybe")

I think you should change your handle to match!!!

And I'm only a maybe for right now since it will depend on when this gets scheduled.

My vote is for May 28th or June 11th.

MarkDaSpark

Oh, and if anyone liked the 2006 Esprit de Beaucastel Blanc, I can get the 2007 for around $26 a bottle (plus flat rate shipping and sales tax) by Friday.

Just let me know by Friday.

ekeavney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ekeavney
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and if anyone liked the 2006 Esprit de Beaucastel Blanc, I can get the 2007 for around $26 a bottle (plus flat rate shipping and sales tax) by Friday.

Just let me know by Friday.

My Sweetheart would like 2 bottles. We can pick up from you since we are close.

MarkDaSpark

ekeavney wrote:My Sweetheart would like 2 bottles. We can pick up from you since we are close.

Will do and will let you know how much.

ekeavney

MarkDaSpark wrote:Will do and will let you know how much.

Thank you.

zTimothyBz

How about May 28th or June 11th?

Has anyone else noticed that there are no 1999 vintages for sale on the Corison site?

--- T

My cellar

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:How about May 28th or June 11th?

Has anyone else noticed that there are no 1999 vintages for sale on the Corison site?

--- T

whispers May 28th

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
MarkDaSpark wrote:whispers May 28th

Yes, same excuse...busy life and busy work so not much interwebz time. I have a baby shower on the 28th (late in the day and out in Santa Monica) so I'd be a no go for sure this day.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
javadrinker wrote:Yes, same excuse...busy life and busy work so not much interwebz time. I have a baby shower on the 28th (late in the day and out in Santa Monica) so I'd be a no go for sure this day.

Sent you an email. Let me know if you got it, so I'll know if I had the right email address. It was about a restaurant coupon in Upland.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:Yes, same excuse...busy life and busy work so not much interwebz time. I have a baby shower on the 28th (late in the day and out in Santa Monica) so I'd be a no go for sure this day.

Well, how is June 11th??? sighs

javadrinker

ddeuddeg wrote:Sent you an email. Let me know if you got it, so I'll know if I had the right email address. It was about a restaurant coupon in Upland.

Yup, thanks D-man. Got it...just way behind on responses.

javadrinker

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, how is June 11th??? sighs

Not that I'm actually planning (yet) to hit it, but isn't that the same weekend as the LA Wine Fest?

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:Not that I'm actually planning (yet) to hit it, but isn't that the same weekend as the LA Wine Fest?

Could be, but it runs Saturday AND Sunday, so we could go on Sunday (or just really early on Saturday).

zTimothyBz

So we're pushing out to June 11th for Java?

My cellar

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:So we're pushing out to June 11th for Java?

Maybe ... depends if Java will commit. :drum roll:

javadrinker

MarkDaSpark wrote:Maybe ... depends if Java will commit. :drum roll:

Don't hold it up on my account. You guys pick a date and I'll figure out at the last minute if I can make it.

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:Don't hold it up on my account. You guys pick a date and I'll figure out at the last minute if I can make it.

Well, it's not like anyone else is clamoring to attend.

ekeavney

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, it's not like anyone else is clamoring to attend.

I'm waiting for final decisions on date, time, etc. Then, we check my Sweetheart's schedules.

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:So we're pushing out to June 11th for Java?

June 4th has opened up (Buffalo is postponed to July), so why don't we schedule it for then?

There were some clamors for that date.

zTimothyBz

MarkDaSpark wrote:June 4th has opened up (Buffalo is postponed to July), so why don't we schedule it for then?

There were some clamors for that date.

So I was thinking - what if we start out calling it an '80's party?

1984 Gundlach Bundschu Cabernet Sauvignon Vintage Reserve
1985 Gundlach Bundschu Cabernet Sauvignon Vintage Reserve
1986 Monticello Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Corley Reserve
1987 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon
1988 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon

1986 Napa Valley Port Cellars Vintage Port
1996 Broadbent Madeira Colheita Sweet

This would have the interesting trait of making the Madeira the youngest wine. But of course, it wouldn't stay that way, because after those bottles we would have to venture into the '90's...

My cellar

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

If you all go with the 80's theme, I want to see the playlist posted along with the wine pics!

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:If you all go with the 80's theme, I want to see the playlist posted along with the wine pics!

Oh, and you need to change it from May for the gathering in your posts.

cjsiege

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and you need to change it from May for the gathering in your posts.

Darn you peoples and your changing schedules!

cjsiege

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and you need to change it from May for the gathering in your posts.

Darn you peoples and your changing schedules! This is why peoples need to update the title of their thread!

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Darn you peoples and your changing schedules!

So important you had to say it twice???

And um, err, it did say May/June with a question mark. But yea, changed it to not say May now.

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:So I was thinking - what if we start out calling it an '80's party?

1984 Gundlach Bundschu Cabernet Sauvignon Vintage Reserve
1985 Gundlach Bundschu Cabernet Sauvignon Vintage Reserve
1986 Monticello Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Corley Reserve
1987 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon
1988 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon

1986 Napa Valley Port Cellars Vintage Port
1996 Broadbent Madeira Colheita Sweet

This would have the interesting trait of making the Madeira the youngest wine. But of course, it wouldn't stay that way, because after those bottles we would have to venture into the '90's...

Sounds great! June 4th then??

cjsiege

MarkDaSpark wrote:So important you had to say it twice???

And um, err, it did say May/June with a question mark. But yea, changed it to not say May now.

Well, I could just say it was a server hiccup. But I rather like to think I'm that important!

You all have a wonderful time! And don't forget to include the playlist!

zTimothyBz

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sounds great! June 4th then??

Okay - what time shall we start?

cjsiege wrote:You all have a wonderful time! And don't forget to include the playlist!

My music collection outnumbers my wine cellar - and is not dominated by California varietals. I think it's safe to say that at some point I'll be playing Al Stewart's "Down in the Cellar" - who can resist an album dedicated to wine ("Waiting For Margaux", "The Shiraz Shuffle"). The '80s theme would seem to require Ratt's "Out of the Cellar", or perhaps Def Leppard's "Me and My Wine".

Oh - I just remembered, there was something else I was saving for a real woot wine-tasting...

--- T

My cellar

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:My music collection outnumbers my wine cellar - and is not dominated by California varietals. I think it's safe to say that at some point I'll be playing Al Stewart's "Down in the Cellar" - who can resist an album dedicated to wine ("Waiting For Margaux", "The Shiraz Shuffle"). The '80s theme would seem to require Ratt's "Out of the Cellar", or perhaps Def Leppard's "Me and My Wine".

Oh - I just remembered, there was something else I was saving for a real woot wine-tasting...

--- T

6 or 7 pm?