samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

So, I couldn't help but notice that June 11, my birthday, happens to fall on a Saturday this year, and that might be a good weekend to do another wine.woot gathering, as it's been awhile since we've hosted.

What say you, Minnewooters? June 10? 11? Any preferences? Bad weekend for everyone?

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
samiratou wrote:So, I couldn't help but notice that June 11, my birthday, happens to fall on a Saturday this year, and that might be a good weekend to do another wine.woot gathering, as it's been awhile since we've hosted.

What say you, Minnewooters? June 10? 11? Any preferences? Bad weekend for everyone?

If we're around, we'll be there. It's time for another get together.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Looks like you should be up to #16. I found the MN #15 thread from back in January. Does that sound right?

samiratou

cjsiege wrote:Looks like you should be up to #16. I found the MN #15 thread from back in January. Does that sound right?

Sure!

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins

I'm new to this group. Will have to pass this time as my soccer team has a tournament in Duluth that weekend.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

If I'm in town, and I often am on weekends, I'll have to drop in!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Yearly golf trip to the Brainerd Lakes area that weekend.

samiratou

Hi Doug! How's the new job going?

coynedj

samiratou wrote:Hi Doug! How's the new job going?

Much to talk about - I won't borre everyone here. So, if anyone wants to hear my tales (of success, woe, and more) you'd better show up!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000

We should be around. Not 100% sure yet, but would love to get together with everyone!

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000
coynedj wrote:Much to talk about - I won't borre everyone here. So, if anyone wants to hear my tales (of success, woe, and more) you'd better show up!

I sure hope we will be around so we can see you and hear about it all!

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

coynedj

hdavis4000 wrote:I sure hope we will be around so we can see you and hear about it all!

It's not THAT exciting. After all, it is South Dakota we're talking about.

samiratou

Hope you can make it, h!

Anyone have a preference on friday or saturday?

coynedj

It's a long drive for a Friday after work - I prefer Saturday!

samiratou

Okay, June 11th it is!

7:00 or so, I think, to start. I've actually got a ticket to the Twins game that day (birthday present to myself--quiet afternoon at the ballpark), and it's a 3:10 game, so I should be home, but otherwise E will certainly be there, of course. PM me if you need an address!

otolith

If I make it, ticomike said he'll join and try to bring his lovely wife along.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

samiratou

Okay, so apparently Surly scheduled a disc golf tournament on my birthday (the bastards!) which Eric will not miss, so we'll probably have to push the party back to 7:30 just to make sure I'm back in time. I'm sure my mom or Eric's mom or whoever we have watching the kid will be happy to greet guests, but it might be a little odd. ;-)

samiratou

Bumping a reminder that the next gathering is at our place, June 11, 7:30 pm. PM me for address.

otolith

Unfortunately, I'm a maybe at this point. A cousin has his HS grad party the same day. Not sure when I'll be able to duck out.

--John Muir

ticomike

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ticomike
otolith wrote:Unfortunately, I'm a maybe at this point. A cousin has his HS grad party the same day. Not sure when I'll be able to duck out.

Let me know, we have a grad party that day as well...but can probably still swing it...

samiratou

Do grad parties last beyond 5pm these days? In my day, grad parties/open houses (at least those that family were invited to) went from, like, 2-5 pm and involved a buffet in the garage and plastic tablecloths and cheesy pre-packaged decorations with a shrine to the graduate in one corner.

So, y'all are not excused for grad parties, for a party starting at 7-7:30-ish. ;-)

Oh, and entity will not be attending the tournament, so he'll be home, so come on over any time after 7. We're not picky. Given the way the weather has been this spring, it might even be cool enough to fire up the fire pit for the first time in a couple years. It was way too warm last spring/summer.

otolith

Grad party we're going to starts at 6pm. We are going to be running around the Cities that day. Hoping to end up at your place.

--John Muir

coynedj

Any theme to this shindig? FYI, I looked last week and I have at least one bottle remaining of almost every Woot Cellars wine....

Rinfrescante and Reboot are the only two I am certain that I do not have, becsaause I never had any in the first place. I may be out of Humbug as well.

samiratou

coynedj wrote:Any theme to this shindig? FYI, I looked last week and I have at least one bottle remaining of almost every Woot Cellars wine....

Rinfrescante and Reboot are the only two I am certain that I do not have, becsaause I never had any in the first place. I may be out of Humbug as well.

We're planning to smoke a brisket, so wines that go good with bbq would be good choices. Otherwise, no real theme planned. The FB event is "It's my birthday and I'll wine if I want to" so celebratory-type wines also would not go amiss.

INTLGerard

quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

samiratou wrote:We're planning to smoke a brisket, so wines that go good with bbq would be good choices. Otherwise, no real theme planned. The FB event is "It's my birthday and I'll wine if I want to" so celebratory-type wines also would not go amiss.

psst...check your PM's