2008 Jean-Maurice Raffault Chinon Rosé - kttest
2006 Famille Grosbois Chinon Gabare - Cesare
2008 Domaine de Montcy Cour-Cheverny Plénitude - hak
2009 Domaine Brazilier Coteaux du Vendômois Tradition - hak
2006 Didier Dagueneau Blanc Fumé de Pouilly - ratnikov

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

quality posts: 1566 Private Messages Cesare

It's been a long time since a proper NYC tasting. Now that winter is over lets get some people together and drink some wine! We can host in Queens (limit 14) if nobody else volunteers.

Dates? We can eliminate the weekend of 4/2 due to a conflict, the weekend of 4/23 due to Easter and the weekend of May 28 due to Memorial day.
That leaves in April:
4/9
4/16
4/30
and May:
5/7
5/14
5/21

Theme?
A region we haven't done before? Rhone?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Put me down as a yes. And also hopefully eliminate the weekend of 5/14 as well, since that's the Vegas gathering weekend and I'll be there.

I'll add more to this when I get to work today.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

[:
4/9
4/16
4/30
and May:

5/14
5/21

[/quote]

These dates work for me and mine. I would love to come down!

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
darlenee1 wrote:[:
These dates work for me and mine. I would love to come down!

Cool!

I think 4/9 needs to be off the table.

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
kttest wrote:Cool!

I think 4/9 needs to be off the table.

4/16 just got booked for me, so I can't make that date.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

HitAnyKey42

darlenee1 wrote:4/16 just got booked for me, so I can't make that date.

And with 4/24 being Easter, I have a feeling there may be a handful of people for which 4/23 might be a complication. Not for me (as far as I know), but it might for some.

Personally I'm thinking 4/23 or 4/30 would be good days.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Cesare

HitAnyKey42 wrote:And with 4/24 being Easter, I have a feeling there may be a handful of people for which 4/23 might be a complication. Not for me (as far as I know), but it might for some.

Personally I'm thinking 4/23 or 4/30 would be good days.

I already excluded Easter weekend.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:I already excluded Easter weekend.

I knew that. Was just checking to see if you were paying attention.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

ratnikov

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ratnikov

I'd definitely love to drop by. However, I am new to wine.woot meetings. What's a common agenda?

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
ratnikov wrote:I'd definitely love to drop by. However, I am new to wine.woot meetings. What's a common agenda?

Bring Wine.
Open Wine.
Drink Wine.
Repeat.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

I'm interested +1, depending on the date. Don't plan around us or anything.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

HitAnyKey42

ratnikov wrote:I'd definitely love to drop by. However, I am new to wine.woot meetings. What's a common agenda?

Greg said it pretty well, but I'll elaborate.

Basically we typically try to vote on some sort of theme (or the host picks a theme) or some variation thereof. There have been times of no theme, or a very generic theme, too.
Then each person brings a bottle of wine. We pick a tasting order, and drink away. We also often have various foodstuffs from cheeses, to actual meal-type items at times. Again, often depends on theme, time, place, etc, etc.

But first, we need you to chime in on what dates work (or probably a shorter list...don't work) for you so that we can pick a date. That's the most important part we have to get through.

If we want to do April, it's looking like the two available dates are the 16th (though that doesn't work for Darlene) or the 30th. Otherwise, I suppose we could aim for early May.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
gregorylane wrote:Bring Wine.
Open Wine.
Drink Wine.
Repeat.

Awesome.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ratnikov

HitAnyKey42 wrote:
But first, we need you to chime in on what dates work (or probably a shorter list...don't work) for you so that we can pick a date. That's the most important part we have to get through.

Being a yuppie, I think pretty much any date would work. However, would probably prefer April.
I have some bottles that I have inherited from a sale back in Chicago, that I've been hoarding around. This could be a great excuse to pop the corks for a few. :D

HitAnyKey42

ratnikov wrote:Being a yuppie, I think pretty much any date would work. However, would probably prefer April.
I have some bottles that I have inherited from a sale back in Chicago, that I've been hoarding around. This could be a great excuse to pop the corks for a few. :D

Anything in particular of those you think you might want to open? Since we haven't actually chosen a theme yet, depending on what you want to open maybe we can build the theme around that.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

mikegberg wrote:I'm interested +1, depending on the date. Don't plan around us or anything.

Well would 4/30 work for you?

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

Battlefield Earth (2000), it's been a long time. I'm out of town for 4/30. I think that's currently my only conflict.

signed.

HitAnyKey42

canonizer wrote:Battlefield Earth (2000), it's been a long time. I'm out of town for 4/30. I think that's currently my only conflict.

I suppose if we can all get our act together quick enough, we can aim for the 16th. So far the only person that date doesn't work for is Darlene. And as much as it'd be great to see her, she's Connecticut...so don't really count.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I suppose if we can all get our act together quick enough, we can aim for the 16th. So far the only person that date doesn't work for is Darlene. And as much as it'd be great to see her, she's Connecticut...so don't really count.

That's not very nice. Truth is, she doesn't live all that much farther from Cesare's than you do.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

HitAnyKey42

ddeuddeg wrote:That's not very nice. Truth is, she doesn't live all that much farther from Cesare's than you do.

Silly woot graphics aren't showing up so my wink & tongue smiley's didn't display so the humor wasn't as obvious. I was of course totally joking. And yup, I know she's probably almost just as close to him as I am.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Silly woot graphics aren't showing up so my wink & tongue smiley's didn't display so the humor wasn't as obvious. I was of course totally joking. And yup, I know she's probably almost just as close to him as I am.

Of course, now the graphics show up. I knew you were only joking. See you in May.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

April 16th works for us. I think...
May 21st works even better since Stu's mom is in town and we have a sitter.

For theme I vote Rhone or Loire Valley.

HitAnyKey42

Krugsters wrote:April 16th works for us. I think...
May 21st works even better since Stu's mom is in town and we have a sitter.

For theme I vote Rhone or Loire Valley.

We could always do both April 16th & May 21st. They are a month apart, after all.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

ratnikov

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Anything in particular of those you think you might want to open? Since we haven't actually chosen a theme yet, depending on what you want to open maybe we can build the theme around that.

I picked up a bunch of high-end mostly french wines while back in Chicago (a store was bought by another chain, so they were clearing the stock, so I got most of them for below $20).

The staple is probably a bottle of 2006 Blanc Fume de Pouilly by Didier Dagueneau which I believe should be drunk reasonably soon. Since I don't particularly trust my palate, it's probably a good choice for sharing. ;)
Basically, I'm willing to bring to the table pretty much any bottle from my CellarTracker list. ;)

Cesare

HitAnyKey42 wrote:We could always do both April 16th & May 21st. They are a month apart, after all.

Exactly! Lets make it April 16 (sorry darlene). May 21 we can do a byob restaurant in the city. The weather should be nice by then.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

Cesare

ratnikov wrote:I picked up a bunch of high-end mostly french wines while back in Chicago (a store was bought by another chain, so they were clearing the stock, so I got most of them for below $20).

The staple is probably a bottle of 2006 Blanc Fume de Pouilly by Didier Dagueneau which I believe should be drunk reasonably soon. Since I don't particularly trust my palate, it's probably a good choice for sharing. ;)
Basically, I'm willing to bring to the table pretty much any bottle from my CellarTracker list. ;)

Is it this one?
I see you also have a southern rhone dessert wine that looks interesting.
I have a White Châteauneuf-du-Pape that I think would be cool to open.
I also have a St Joseph (northern rhone) that might be good.
Hak I see you have some Côtes du Rhônes that you could bring. You have a CdP that might be too young.
And I think Krugsters has some rhones.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:Is it this one?
I see you also have a southern rhone dessert wine that looks interesting.

He typo'd the link he put in the email, but the link in his signature is correct. So the ones you think he has...he doesn't.
Use the link from his sig. That's correct.
His only Rhone is this one. I'm be perfectly fine with him stepping out of the rhone theme (if that's what we go with) for him to bring that for us to taste. Looks like it should be a fabulous bottle from the CT reviews.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Cesare

HitAnyKey42 wrote:He typo'd the link he put in the email, but the link in his signature is correct. So the ones you think he has...he doesn't.
Use the link from his sig. That's correct.
His only Rhone is this one. I'm be perfectly fine with him stepping out of the rhone theme (if that's what we go with) for him to bring that for us to taste. Looks like it should be a fabulous bottle from the CT reviews.

Bah yeah. We can do mostly rhone and some loire.
We'll end up heavy on southern rhone and cote du rhones otherwise.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:Hak I see you have some Côtes du Rhônes that you could bring. You have a CdP that might be too young.

Yeah, the CndP probably definitely needs a few more years. The La Garrigue looks like possibly the best option but apparently it's location in my cellar is listed as Unknown. Which means, it could be anywhere. LOL So if I can't find it, I suppose the Château Signac would be next up (even though it looks to be too young as well), since the de la Janasse doesn't sound worthy enough of a tasting based on the current reviews. Heh, just realized I've had the Janasse in my cellar since Dec'07. I suppose I should drink it this year.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:Bah yeah. We can do mostly rhone and some loire.
We'll end up heavy on southern rhone and cote du rhones otherwise.

Yeah, I believe NYCWWT#10 was a Southern Rhone tasting. That's the one we did at that French restaurant.
Btw, anyone know where that post is that I had put up awhile back listing all of our tastings with the links? Krista used to have it linked to within her sig, but not anymore. And I don't seem to have a spreadsheet list of them anywhere that I can find either.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

kttest

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, I believe NYCWWT#10 was a Southern Rhone tasting. That's the one we did at that French restaurant.
Btw, anyone know where that post is that I had put up awhile back listing all of our tastings with the links? Krista used to have it linked to within her sig, but not anymore. And I don't seem to have a spreadsheet list of them anywhere that I can find either.

hmmm, why did I remove that?

- Krista

HitAnyKey42

kttest wrote:hmmm, why did I remove that?

No worries. I just found it, but I'll post it here again just because.

NYC (& LI) Wine.Woot Gatherings Full List:

NYC area wine tasting hosted by thatguy314 on 1/11/08 (no theme) - We had about 9 or so of us. I linked this one to the middle of the thread where one of the most updated attendees lists was posted, but that also then changed. A few posts later, Lee listed the wines we tasted.

NYC Tasting Part 2 (aka we were doing this before it was "cool") hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 3/15/08 (no theme)

NYC Tasting Part 3: All Hail Cesare hosted by Cesare/kttest on 6/7/08 (no theme – BBQ)

NYC Tasting #4: Trekking 4 Wine (9/20) hosted by HitAnyKey (condo-warming BBQ)

NYC Tasting #5: Wines of Spain (10/18) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 10/18/08 (Spanish Wines)

NYC Tasting #6: Viva Italia (11/15) hosted by Cesare/kttest on 11/15/08 (Italian Wines)

NYC Tasting #7: Diabetic's Dilemma-The Holiday Tasting (12/13) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 12/13/08 (Dessert/Port Wines & desserts)

NYC Tasting #8: Ring in the New Year With The Old (1/24) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 1/24/09 (Wines at least 10 years old)

NYC Tasting #9: Pairing Party in the Catskills (2/28) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 2/28/09 (Multiple Course Dinner & Wine Pairing Party)

NYC Tasting #10: Southern Rhone at A Café (3/20) hosted by Everyone on 3/20/09 (Southern Rhone Wines)

NYC Tasting #11: Mondavi Madness (5/9) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 5/9/09 (Mondavi Reserve Cab Vertical)

NYC #12: Sip & Sail- *NYC*NoVA/DC*CWWT*CT*, etc Summer Wine Tasting Cruise-- July 18th hosted by Krugsters on the Shearwater Yacht (Summer Wines theme)

NYC #13: Left vs. Right Bank Bordeaux - Saturday, November 7th hosted by Cesare/kttest on 11/7/09

NYC #14: 2nd Annual Sip & Sail- Summer Wine Cruise & Wine Wooters Weekend--August 20-22, 2010 hosted by Krugsters on the Shearwater Yacht (Sushi/Saki Friday, Whites on ship then Reds at restaurant Saturday, Spanish tasting Sunday)

NYC/LI #15: Raiding HAKs Cellar (1/29/11) hosted by HitAnyKey on 1/29/11 (opened HAKs wines, guests brought food)

NYC Tasting #16: TBD (April 16, 2011) hosted by Cesare/Krista on 4/16/11

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

kttest

HitAnyKey42 wrote:No worries. I just found it, but I'll post it here again just because.

Man I just found it too! I think you should create a thread for it, so its easier to find and update it.

- Krista

kttest

Now that we have a definite date, those who want to attend should speak up. Only 9 spots left to claim.

- Krista

Cesare

HitAnyKey42 wrote:

If the first sip & sail was #12, then the second one was #14 and the one at your place in Jan was #15 and this one will be #16. Or should we not count sip & sails as nyc tastings.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:If the first sip & sail was #12, then the second one was #14 and the one at your place in Jan was #15 and this one will be #16. Or should we not count sip & sails as nyc tastings.

Hmm, just noticed that. Guess we need to decide. So, should be be counting the Sip-n-Sails as one of the NYC tastings?

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

kttest

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Hmm, just noticed that. Guess we need to decide. So, should be be counting the Sip-n-Sails as one of the NYC tastings?

Why not count it...also the NY Part 2 tasting was actually 3/15, not 3/14.

- Krista

HitAnyKey42

kttest wrote:Why not count it...also the NY Part 2 tasting was actually 3/15, not 3/14.

So she hath spoketh, so hath it been done. Turned Sip-n-Sail #2 into NYC #14, the tasting at my place to #15, and this one to #16. (yay! That puts us tied with SoCal! )
Also fixed the date on #2.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

ratnikov

Cesare wrote:Is it this one?

Yup, that's the one.