cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

It would appear that this thread just got purged of the lot 18 stuff. Is there something we should know about what to/not to post?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
cmaldoon wrote:It would appear that this thread just got purged of the lot 18 stuff. Is there something we should know about what to/not to post?

interesting... wonder whats up?

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

looks like Invino is doing one of their "liquidations". Tons of wine up for sale, does anyone have specific recommendations from previous purchases?

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

angryprez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryprez

ok I got the Lot18 vouchers -- dumb question, I can't figure out how to use them -- can someone tell me where on the website I go?

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

Scott Harvey 2008 1869 Zin on invino $28.99.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
jhkey wrote:looks like Invino is doing one of their "liquidations". Tons of wine up for sale, does anyone have specific recommendations from previous purchases?

I am curious about the Moon Mountain Syrah. I tried the MM Zin Port and did not enjoy it that much as a port. I would like to give their Syrahs a try, any info on these?

I did order their 2006 Schäfer-Fröhlich Riesling Spätlese
Schloßböckelheimer Felsenberg before and one bottle was corked. I love the Nahe valley for Germany resielings, but I will not attempt these again because of the corked bottle I got. Invino did take care of the problem though.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa
bkarlan wrote:I am curious about the Moon Mountain Syrah. I tried the MM Zin Port and did not enjoy it that much as a port. I would like to give their Syrahs a try, any info on these?

Schloßböckelheimer Felsenberg before and one bottle was corked. I love the Nahe valley for Germany resielings, but I will not attempt these again because of the corked bottle I got. Invino did take care of the problem though.

also interested in recommendations...
the solo and the sterling reserve look interesting...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
bkarlan wrote:I am curious about the Moon Mountain Syrah. I tried the MM Zin Port and did not enjoy it that much as a port. I would like to give their Syrahs a try, any info on these?

I ordered the MM syrah last time - I think it was the 2002. I didn't take formal notes, but from memory it was an OK aged Syrah, but not my style. I prefer higher acid wines. It was still drinking OK, plenty of fruit, I just found it a bit flat and uninteresting.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
kaolis wrote:Scott Harvey 2008 1869 Zin on invino $28.99.

Not bad, but it was two for $49 here during the woot off

bsevern

SO tempted to get in on todays wine woot!

For you Merlot lovers, here's a nice deal on WTSO:

Kunde Family Estate Sonoma Valley Merlot 2007 $8.99/bottle!

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:SO tempted to get in on todays wine woot!

How many you want me to schlep up for you?

CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
bsevern wrote:SO tempted to get in on todays wine woot!

For you Merlot lovers, here's a nice deal on WTSO:

Kunde Family Estate Sonoma Valley Merlot 2007 $8.99/bottle!

I tried the 06 Merlot from Trader Joe's at $12 (as is the Cab too) and it was excellent for that price, so that's a GREAT deal!

I think my review of the 06 will be on CT. have a search and you'll see my review

bsevern

OK, this is a darn good deal IMHO!

WTSO:

Quixote Winery Panza
Stags' Leap Ranch Napa Valley Syrah
2005, 2006, 2008 4 Pack Vertical $63.96

Darn near as good as the Trader Joe PS deal.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bsevern wrote:OK, this is a darn good deal IMHO!

WTSO:

Quixote Winery Panza
Stags' Leap Ranch Napa Valley Syrah
2005, 2006, 2008 4 Pack Vertical $63.96

Darn near as good as the Trader Joe PS deal.

I saw this too, but unfortunately I am OVER and OUT. Over my budget and Out of space.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

curt11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages curt11

Really want to jump on the Panza vertical deal, but I can't find any good info on the Syrah...

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
curt11 wrote:Really want to jump on the Panza vertical deal, but I can't find any good info on the Syrah...

Same here. I don't even see it listed on the Quixote site and no reviews at all on CT.

bsevern

time2testit wrote:Same here. I don't even see it listed on the Quixote site and no reviews at all on CT.

Their petite syrah and cab are both very, very good. The estate grown grapes are from the original Stags Leap vineyards.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
time2testit wrote:Same here. I don't even see it listed on the Quixote site and no reviews at all on CT.

2004 CT had decent reviews: https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=355983

2005 has one not so stellar rating

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

redwinefan

Just curious if anything is going on with Quixote since it seems like they've been flooding the discount market lately especially when you consider the TJs relabel.

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE
redwinefan wrote:Just curious if anything is going on with Quixote since it seems like they've been flooding the discount market lately especially when you consider the TJs relabel.

Read somewhere that they have a new $90 bottle of PS coming out and probably dumping their old inventory so there is no internal price pressure. This does not explain the Syrah price drop though.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
redwinefan wrote:2004 CT had decent reviews: https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=355983

2005 has one not so stellar rating

That's the trouble sometimes with CT. People double list the wines. I had looked at this CT and hadn't even seen the ones you listed: https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1269556

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:Just curious if anything is going on with Quixote since it seems like they've been flooding the discount market lately especially when you consider the TJs relabel.

I wish I knew what their future philosophy was, because they do make some nice wines, yet the winery itself is obscure, open only by appointment.

North316

Anyone have any thoughts on the Raymond Pop-Up sale on Invino? They have a slew of 6L (Imperial) bottles!

My CT

redwinefan

North316 wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on the Raymond Pop-Up sale on Invino? They have a slew of 6L (Imperial) bottles!

Raymond stuff is decent. I thought about picking one of those 6Ls up just for fun. Wonder if they ship it in a crate?

sukeiasa

all my restraint from the woot off went out the window at that raymond pop up...
cannot resist 6L bottles, especially since there are plenty of weddings to attend in the near future...
i have no clue how i'm going to store that barrel though... and not sure what they mean by you can refill it...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

redwinefan

sukeiasa wrote:all my restraint from the woot off went out the window at that raymond pop up...
cannot resist 6L bottles, especially since there are plenty of weddings to attend in the near future...
i have no clue how i'm going to store that barrel though... and not sure what they mean by you can refill it...

You got the barrel and the 6L? Nice. Time for a woot party at your place

bsevern

sukeiasa wrote:all my restraint from the woot off went out the window at that raymond pop up...

The barrel does look cool. Let us know what they offer you for refill options, that should be interesting both on price and selection offerings.

sukeiasa

bsevern wrote:The barrel does look cool. Let us know what they offer you for refill options, that should be interesting both on price and selection offerings.

it would be absolutely classy if they send refill in one of those plastic wine pouches...

bsevern

sukeiasa wrote:it would be absolutely classy if they send refill in one of those plastic wine pouches...

That's entirely possible. Invino previously offered barrels that did contain plastic bladders of wine, but those offers mentioned it, whereas this one said nothing about it. IIRC the bladder barrels claimed the wine stayed fresh for something like 4-6 weeks once opened.

I dunno, but I want one too!

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
bsevern wrote:That's entirely possible. Invino previously offered barrels that did contain plastic bladders of wine, but those offers mentioned it, whereas this one said nothing about it. IIRC the bladder barrels claimed the wine stayed fresh for something like 4-6 weeks once opened.

I dunno, but I want one too!

The local Whole Foods has one of these barrels at the bar and yes it does have a plastic bladder inside.

redwinefan

Quixote is back with a new offer. This time their discount label PS Pretense 2009 for 13.99/bottle on WTSO.

WineDavid, if you read this thread, can you get Quixote to put up an offer around these parts?

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
North316 wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on the Raymond Pop-Up sale on Invino? They have a slew of 6L (Imperial) bottles!

imperial battle cruisers?

North316

2008 Moon Mountain Dry Creek Zin on Last Bottle. $12.

Have to buy 8 to get free shipping, which is a bit much. I'm all tapped out anyway, just thought I would share.

My CT

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
North316 wrote:2008 Moon Mountain Dry Creek Zin on Last Bottle. $12.

Have to buy 8 to get free shipping, which is a bit much. I'm all tapped out anyway, just thought I would share.

Bay area split?

bsevern

I would mind a couple of bottles

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:I would mind a couple of bottles

Would or wouldn't? Seems like a good summer BBQ quaffer. The two CT notes mention good acidity.

Edit: I don't need 6, so not sure if we should go full tilt just to get free shipping. Unless you want 4. We should meet for lunch so I can get that Gazzi from ya.

bsevern

trifecta wrote:Would or wouldn't? Seems like a good summer BBQ quaffer. The two CT notes mention good acidity.

Edit: I don't need 6, so not sure if we should go full tilt just to get free shipping. Unless you want 4. We should meet for lunch so I can get that Gazzi from ya.

I definitely don't need four Two I could do. I haven't tried the Gazzi yet, I hope it's good.

bsevern

Looks like the same MM Zin is on Invino for $9.99/bottle.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Looks like the same MM Zin is on Invino for $9.99/bottle.

Opening a bottle of the 2003 Syrah tonight. Didn't get any of the zin.
Something else for me to haul up north later?

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Zachy's has a two sale going on now for Italian wines (25% off). Any suggestions from our Italian wine experts?