sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa
merryberry wrote:woot and rpm tour favorite Iron Horse is coming to Rue La La this Wednesday with Sparklers, Pinot Noirs, and Chardonnays.

PM if you'd like an invite code.

yum... gotta remind myself to check rll on wed...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Bummer, just missed $25/bottle 2003 Collelceto Brunello di Montalcino on LB. Been wanting to try a Brunello for a while, looked like a good one to try without breaking ye ole banco.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
bsevern wrote:Bummer, just missed $25/bottle 2003 Collelceto Brunello di Montalcino on LB. Been wanting to try a Brunello for a while, looked like a good one to try without breaking ye ole banco.

La Velona from K&L. Give it a shot. Definitely entry-level, but worthwhile.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

k1avg

quality posts: 82 Private Messages k1avg

'09 Roessler Laurelwood (their Willamette Valley single-vineyard) up on WTSO right now for $20.99/bottle, free shipping on four or more. As a fan of both Roessler and Oregon Pinots, I swiftly locked up an allotment.

--
Lawyer (of sorts) by day. Drinker of fine wines, homebrewer of fine beers, connoisseur of fine Scotches by night.
The current holdings.

klezman

k1avg wrote:'09 Roessler Laurelwood (their Willamette Valley single-vineyard) up on WTSO right now for $20.99/bottle, free shipping on four or more. As a fan of both Roessler and Oregon Pinots, I swiftly locked up an allotment.

I was coming to post this too! Anybody in SoCal or Bay Area want to split a 4-pack?

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
klezman wrote:I was coming to post this too! Anybody in SoCal or Bay Area want to split a 4-pack?

I'd be up for 1 or 2.

CT

klezman

tenuki wrote:I'd be up for 1 or 2.

Cool. I'll order and assume you're in for 2 unless somebody else speaks up for a bottle or two.

Edit: ordered!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
klezman wrote:Cool. I'll order and assume you're in for 2 unless somebody else speaks up for a bottle or two.

K, I'm sure I'll see you sometime. Email or text me info if you want me to paypal you.

CT

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
klezman wrote:Cool. I'll order and assume you're in for 2 unless somebody else speaks up for a bottle or two.

Hey, I'd be up for 1 of those. Figure we can meet up at a future SoCal gathering.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

LB has Uvaggio Nebbiolo Il Leopardo 2002 up for $13, but it takes 6 for FS. Anyone up for a SoCal split. Klezman, saw your CT notes, any additional thoughts?

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:LB has Uvaggio Nebbiolo Il Leopardo 2002 up for $13, but it takes 6 for FS. Anyone up for a SoCal split. Klezman, saw your CT notes, any additional thoughts?

I think at $20 I thought it was a decent buy, so at $13 it's sure to be a great buy. I'd take a bottle or two based on my previous notes.

rjquillin

klezman wrote:I think at $20 I thought it was a decent buy, so at $13 it's sure to be a great buy. I'd take a bottle or two based on my previous notes.

Done, I'll put your name on two.

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:Done, I'll put your name on two.

If you're willing to haul a bottle or two to the RPM tour, I'll bite

bsevern

klezman wrote:La Velona from K&L. Give it a shot. Definitely entry-level, but worthwhile.

Thanks, I will look for this. I've yet to visit K&L.....it could be bad - LOL

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:If you're willing to haul a bottle or two to the RPM tour, I'll bite

I think I've got a lot to haul up there...

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:I think I've got a lot to haul up there...

Probably nothing compared to what you'll be hauling back

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Probably nothing compared to what you'll be hauling back

After taxes today I may have to rethink my purchasing habits, sigh..

CT

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

I know a lot of you have a bad taste in your mouth after visiting the Summerland tasting room, but they sent a letter with my LH Viognier Set. If you call them or place an online order and mention "wine.woot" in the comments section they will take 30% off your order.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin

Anyone sampled any of the four IH bottles currently up on RLL, and have an opinion. Not much of a discount over CT average prices, but the unoaked chard and rose of pinot look somewhat interesting.

CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
bsevern wrote:Probably nothing compared to what you'll be hauling back

yeah... 5 1/2 cases!

bsevern

richardhod wrote:yeah... 5 1/2 cases!

If I haul back 5.5 cases that may be my undoing....will need to exercise extreme control

bkarlan

rjquillin wrote:Anyone sampled any of the four IH bottles currently up on RLL, and have an opinion. Not much of a discount over CT average prices, but the unoaked chard and rose of pinot look somewhat interesting.

Prices didn't look super good, but the best thing is the free shipping if you have ordered from RLL in the past 30 days. I haven't and the discounts aren't good enough to make me bite on anything.

On a different note, we have a large wine festival coming up Memorial Day weekend here in Albuquerque. I need to stop buying and start drinking so I can make room for new arrivals.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bsevern

A 2007 Napa Valley Cab getting 89/90 point scores going for $95 on Lot18.

What am I missing here?

Lot18 2007 Palmaz Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:A 2007 Napa Valley Cab getting 89/90 point scores going for $95 on Lot18.

What am I missing here?

If you end up buying it, I bet you'll be missing your $95.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

k1avg

quality posts: 82 Private Messages k1avg
bsevern wrote:A 2007 Napa Valley Cab getting 89/90 point scores going for $95 on Lot18.

What am I missing here?

Lot18 2007 Palmaz Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Sounds like it's paying for a lot of this:

Founded in 1881 by Henry Hagen, Cedar Knoll Vineyard and Winery had a brief period of productivity (one of its wines won a silver medal in the 1889 Paris Exhibition) before Napa vines were struck by a phylloxera plague. The vineyard miraculously survived, but was shuttered a few decades later during Prohibition. It lay dormant for 80 years until Dr. Julio Palmaz, co-inventor of the balloon-expandable stent, came to its rescue.

Palmaz put the paddles on Cedar Knoll. He restored the Hagen home, and moved in with his wife, Amalia, and children, Christian and Florencia. He put his inventor hat on and developed a cave that spans the equivalent of an 18-story building in height to allow for pure gravity-flow winemaking. As if that weren't enough, this beyond state-of-the-art facility contains 24 fermentation tanks that rotate on a carousel for ease of tasting and blending.
--
Lawyer (of sorts) by day. Drinker of fine wines, homebrewer of fine beers, connoisseur of fine Scotches by night.
The current holdings.

richardhod

k1avg wrote:

and Mia Klein as consultant. she has a reputation, and started out under Corison as Chapellet, but that's a price...

bsevern

k1avg wrote:

Probably true, but if after all that work, in the best Napa cab vintage in decades, the wine can only muster an 89/90 WS/WE rating (don't get me wrong, I don't put tons of weight into their ratings, but still) maybe the fancy cave gravity-flow carousel thingy wasn't the new mouse trap anticipated, just sayin'

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

just looked at the iron horse on rue la la.... very surprised to see the ct scores... really contradicts with the previous iron horse sparkling wines i've had from woot... a bit conflicted... anyone drank these before?

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

richardhod

sukeiasa wrote:just looked at the iron horse on rue la la.... very surprised to see the ct scores... really contradicts with the previous iron horse sparkling wines i've had from woot... a bit conflicted... anyone drank these before?

No I haven't, though I think the Chard should be good, and it's cheap. not sure if it's the one we tried on tour. doesn't look like good enough discounts: you can get the 06 or 07 Wedding Cuvée from K&L for $25.

bkarlan

Codes:

Naked Winery. nakedwinery.com $10 off a $50 order or more NAKED-10

Willamette Valley Vineyards: wvv.com 25% your online order. Coupon code: ThankYou12

Enjoy.

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

always a highlight, the jj buckley sale:
http://www.jjbuckley.com/Bin_End_Blowout/c~0~w~1008

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
beefytaco wrote:always a highlight, the jj buckley sale:
http://www.jjbuckley.com/Bin_End_Blowout/c~0~w~1008

Just ordered a 2006 Haut Brisson La reserve and a 1998 Stags' Leap Winery Ne Cede Malis Reserve.

Also got 2 bottles of my favorite value priced tawny port: Penfolds club reserve. At $10 a bottle on sale it beats many $40+ tawnies IMHO

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco
cmaldoon wrote:Just ordered a 2006 Haut Brisson La reserve and a 1998 Stags' Leap Winery Ne Cede Malis Reserve.

Also got 2 bottles of my favorite value priced tawny port: Penfolds club reserve. At $10 a bottle on sale it beats many $40+ tawnies IMHO

Nice! I just picked up some bargain Huet Vouvray to round out a case that I had being held. Even more wine that I must now make room for

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

dudemanchu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dudemanchu

Free shipping at lot18 today until midnight Eastern.

PM if you need an invite - apparently new accounts now get a $10 credit.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:Just ordered a 2006 Haut Brisson La reserve and a 1998 Stags' Leap Winery Ne Cede Malis Reserve.

Have you tried any Ne Cede Malis before

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tytiger58 wrote:Have you tried any Ne Cede Malis before

Not yet, but I figure this will give me something to compare to a certain newer vintage bottle that I magically ended up with. $35 for a 14 year old bottle of reputedly good PS... couldn't pass it up. I get to see if I like older PS's

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:Not yet, but I figure this will give me something to compare to a certain newer vintage bottle that I magically ended up with. $35 for a 14 year old bottle of reputedly good PS... couldn't pass it up. I get to see if I like older PS's

Good move...time to check out the sale!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Good move...time to check out the sale!

I will not check. I will not check. I will not check.

I grabbed 6 bottles from WL just now. Not one more bottle until next month. I was supposed to buy none this month!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:I will not check. I will not check. I will not check.

I grabbed 6 bottles from WL just now. Not one more bottle until next month. I was supposed to buy none this month!

OK, having issues following this thread. Just what is it you snagged..?

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:OK, having issues following this thread. Just what is it you snagged..?

I grabbed 6 of these:

https://winelibrary.com/wines/66144-10-domaine-bila-haut-cotes-du-roussillon

92-94 from Parker @ $11 from a region I'm big on right now = no brainer.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen