cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bsevern wrote:From my experience with Invino, I think their ordering system generates the shipping info, but the packages aren't actually shipped out until a few days after the shipping info was entered.

I see the opposite on wine.woot, I get the package, then a few days later the tracking #

Often with invino I have been able to order, recieve it the next day, try it, and order more if I liked it. Fantastic way to do things!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
cmaldoon wrote:Often with invino I have been able to order, recieve it the next day, try it, and order more if I liked it. Fantastic way to do things!

Seems to me when I first started with Invino that was the case (I only live about 80 miles from Invino), but lately it's been delayed. I wonder if it's a new shipping setup on their end, or ?

I like that Last Bottle is so fast to ship (overnight). Unfortunately once you receive the wine, it's usually long gone (although they do recycle the same offers from time to time).

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
cmaldoon wrote:William Harrison Rutherford Red 2006 is back up on Invino. This time it is part of a $50 package with free shipping ( last time it was $10 cheaper and had free shipping on 2 bottles but you didn't get the bubbly or dessert wine. I look at this as a wash)

This current deal seems like a great deal. I still haven't opened my Rutherford Red from last time, so I'm not sure I need more at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see this sellout pretty quick.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
redwinefan wrote:This current deal seems like a great deal. I still haven't opened my Rutherford Red from last time, so I'm not sure I need more at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see this sellout pretty quick.

Looked like a great deal to me

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bsevern

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm !

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:This current deal seems like a great deal. I still haven't opened my Rutherford Red from last time, so I'm not sure I need more at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see this sellout pretty quick.

Don' forget then $10 coupon

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda

And, at the lower end of the scale,...
Anyone had any experience with American Cellars Wine Club?

I'm seeing an offer through United A/L Frequent Fliers for 6 bottles for $42 (shipping included), plus a few "miles".
http://www.vinesse.com/ualelmmp0212/

Honestly, I'm being a bit lazy not researching the offered wines myself.
But, I hoped maybe someone had dealt with this outfit before and could give an 'overview' opinion of the QPR

Thanks & Cheers

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99
rjquillin wrote:Looks like WTSO is going to have a pseudo woot-off. Every 15 minutes, never done one of these before.

Here is how it will work:

Wines will be listed every 15 minutes or so all day starting at 6:00 AM ET.

I've followed a couple of these, but haven't actually purchased anything. There's a few good deals, but they sell out really quickly (got a tweet on my phone, refreshed the website, and they were already onto the next wine). Both times I actually tried to purchase something, the wine sold out sometime between adding it to my cart and checking out. Mostly though, it's a lot of stuff I've never heard of. By the time I was able to research the wine, they were on the next offer. Can be fun if you've got the time, but it's a bit of a crap shoot.

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

how'd you swing that!?

bkarlan wrote:Looked like a great deal to me

Subtotal $49.99

Discount -$49.99
Shipping $0.00
Sales Tax $0.00

Order Total $0.00

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

bkarlan

sukeiasa wrote:how'd you swing that!?

built up credits and they offered free shipping.. Hard to pass on.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

outdoorslife

quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

lastbottlewines.com has an interesting Paulliac for $9 1/2bottle.

I think I found it on CT

Anyone ever have this wine? Any good??

sukeiasa

intrigued by the red in the invino combo... but the ct reviews for the other two are less than stellar... anyone has a different opinion??

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Bloomspot has a deal for $100 of One Hope Wine for $40. Alternately they have a 6-pack for $69 that also comes with a $25 gift card.

Anybody know their wines? They seem to be making the rounds of the deal sites.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

redwinefan

sukeiasa wrote:intrigued by the red in the invino combo... but the ct reviews for the other two are less than stellar... anyone has a different opinion??

* removed since i was thinking the red was a different wine *

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
redwinefan wrote:$50 including shipping is a decent price just for the Red, so you can look at the other two as free gifts if they stink.

Just be aware the Wm Harrison is NOT the Rutherford Red, its the 06 Cab. I noticed it was identified incorrectly in an earlier post.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

bsevern

jhkey wrote:Just be aware the Wm Harrison is NOT the Rutherford Red, its the 06 Cab. I noticed it was identified incorrectly in an earlier post.

Has anyone here had the Wm Harrison wines?

Anything you can compare them to if so?

Thanks!

cmaldoon

jhkey wrote:Just be aware the Wm Harrison is NOT the Rutherford Red, its the 06 Cab. I noticed it was identified incorrectly in an earlier post.

Oh damn. Thats my bad. I thought I saw the Rutherford red in the pic not the cab. The Rutherford red reminded me most of a '05 justlyn spring mountain cab. I can't speak for the Wm Harrison cab itself.

My Cellar

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

Andretti with another wine sale:

Andretti winery email wrote:
The Andretti Winery Appellation Selections wines have been traveling, being poured in restaurants and fine wine shops around the world.They have returned to Napa for a short time.

Come to our Barn Sale and get the following for only $75 a Case.

2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
2010 Merlot
2010 Sauvignon Blanc
2010 Chardonnay

Click here to buy now and have it shipped to you. Or Visit us in the Napa Valley at 4162 Big Ranch Road, Napa, CA94558
For questions, call us at 877-386-5070

Also on sale is out 2010 Villa Andretti Rose for only $60 per case

And don't miss our 2006 Napa Valley Merlot for $190 per case

shipping to Denver is $33 for a case.... still a really good deal and fantastic QPR.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
joelsisk wrote:Andretti with another wine sale:

shipping to Denver is $33 for a case.... still a really good deal and fantastic QPR.

$40 to Minnesota. That does indeed sound like a darn good deal. And heaven knows I (don't!) need more wine.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

redwinefan

Thanks for pointing that out! I guess I didn't look at it closely enough either. That makes the value proposition different, but I've got too much wine right now to want to do the price research.

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

I'd love to try a few of the 11yo muscadet up on Cinderella, but I don't want to commit to half of a case. So...

A) Anyone have a WineLibrary free ship coupon code?; or,
B) Any NYC folks want to split 6 bottles?

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

bsevern

Tried the 2007 Sancerre tonight and it's not bad at all. No question it's got a few years under it's belt, definitely does't taste like a 2010 CA sav blanc.

I think fans of aged whites will be delighted.

bsevern

beefytaco wrote:I'd love to try a few of the 11yo muscadet up on Cinderella, but I don't want to commit to half of a case. So...

A) Anyone have a WineLibrary free ship coupon code?; or,
B) Any NYC folks want to split 6 bottles?

If you were here, I might do a split

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bsevern wrote:Tried the 2007 Sancerre tonight and it's not bad at all. No question it's got a few years under it's belt, definitely does't taste like a 2010 CA sav blanc.

I think fans of aged whites will be delighted.

My aren't even scheduled to arrive until Tuesday.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

sukeiasa

there was Gruaud on last bottle wines!?

bkarlan

sukeiasa wrote:there was Gruaud on last bottle wines!?

yup, and it sold out wicked fast

sukeiasa

no Potty Emergency... i was just thinking the baron lafite was going to take forever, actually tried to do some work on a friday... and bam one whole offer gone!

redwinefan

Heads up for anyone who purchased the Twisted Freak pack during the Woot-off. The write up sheet included in the box has a deal for 3 2007 Spaniard bottles for $99 including shipping.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
redwinefan wrote:Heads up for anyone who purchased the Twisted Freak pack during the Woot-off. The write up sheet included in the box has a deal for 3 2007 Spaniard bottles for $99 including shipping.

Clickable

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:Heads up for anyone who purchased the Twisted Freak pack during the Woot-off. The write up sheet included in the box has a deal for 3 2007 Spaniard bottles for $99 including shipping.

I went in on the Twisted Freak pack, but it's the first TO wine I've picked up, I haven't tried any yet.

Is this a good deal on the Spaniard?

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
bsevern wrote:I went in on the Twisted Freak pack, but it's the first TO wine I've picked up, I haven't tried any yet.

SMOKING!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:I went in on the Twisted Freak pack, but it's the first TO wine I've picked up, I haven't tried any yet.

The end of November last year I picked up two from Lot18 for $32.99 each based entirely on the high praise I've seen given on WW. Don't recall if that included delivery, but I generally do add that to my tracked cost. Two left of the two. Do I want to grab three more..? CT rates ~90 and community cost of ~$35, so this seems pretty average. Don't -need- three more. Ty, How good are these? Really...?

CT

bsevern

Cracked open a bottle of the 2007 Château Paradis from the $60 Last Bottle mixed case deal and it's darn good. Not sweet at all, great aroma on the nose, nice backbone/acid, and very tasty. Even from chilled to room temp it holds on.

I think anyone that got in on this deal is going to be pleased, and I look forward to seeing what you guys think once you try a few bottles.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:The end of November last year I picked up two from Lot18 for $32.99 each based entirely on the high praise I've seen given on WW. Don't recall if that included delivery, but I generally do add that to my tracked cost. Two left of the two. Do I want to grab three more..? CT rates ~90 and community cost of ~$35, so this seems pretty average. Don't -need- three more. Ty, How good are these? Really...?

I drink a lot of Spanish Tempranillo and blends, San Roman Toro's, Bodegas Ismael Arroyo,and astrales ribera del duero's to name a few, IMHO this is a excellent wine that is a fine deal at 33 a bottle.

Now I have not had this vintage yet but if it's anything like the 04 05 or 06 it's well made balanced and delicious.

But that's my palate trust you own..if I were you I would pop one decant for an hour or two and decide if you want more.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

redwinefan

bsevern wrote:Cracked open a bottle of the 2007 Château Paradis from the $60 Last Bottle mixed case deal and it's darn good. Not sweet at all, great aroma on the nose, nice backbone/acid, and very tasty. Even from chilled to room temp it holds on.

I think anyone that got in on this deal is going to be pleased, and I look forward to seeing what you guys think once you try a few bottles.

Thanks for the notes! Impressed that the Rose is holding up well, and I'm looking forward to the arrival of my case next week.

Hey, just to give Woot some props on this forum, that Tallulah GSM blend that was offered during the last woot-off is fantastic at $10/bottle.

cmaldoon

Opened a bottle of the Moon Mountain Agua Caliente Cabernet (still availiable on Invino) that just arrived today. It was very bright, (its main flavors are in the cranberry range) had medium complexity and a decent finish. I would never pay close to its $80 Retail, but I think it has good QPR at $20.

My full CT review:

90 pts.

Pop, pour, evaluated at 30 min

Color: Dark red. Deep but not quite opaque.

Nose: boysenberry, hint of blueberry jam, chocolate mint

Flavor: first off - bright acidity backing everything. Cranberry orange with a vanilla cream oak backing. With food this calms to solid purple/red berries with a significant woody oak component. Good concentration but not stunning. After an hour the flavor is clearly cranberry.

Finish: best part of this wine. Long vanilla cream finish

Feel: light amount of medium tannin. Light to medium body.

My Cellar

Cesare

quality posts: 1597 Private Messages Cesare

Some deals on Corison for those of you in CA:

NorCal wins with the 2003 for $35 a bottle (9 available)
SoCal comes in at $41.99 a bottle (18 available, search for corison)

More interesting is a 1997 in SoCal for $49.98 a bottle (1 available)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:Thanks for the notes! Impressed that the Rose is holding up well, and I'm looking forward to the arrival of my case next week.

Hey, just to give Woot some props on this forum, that Tallulah GSM blend that was offered during the last woot-off is fantastic at $10/bottle.

I enjoyed the rose with some spicy enchiladas, and it paired very well. Actually very impressed with the rose for the $.

I probably missed the boat on that Tallulah GSM, sounds like it's a very nice wine.

bsevern

cmaldoon wrote:Opened a bottle of the Moon Mountain Agua Caliente Cabernet (still availiable on Invino) that just arrived today. It was very bright, (its main flavors are in the cranberry range) had medium complexity and a decent finish. I would never pay close to its $80 Retail, but I think it has good QPR at $20.

My full CT review:

90 pts.

Pop, pour, evaluated at 30 min

Color: Dark red. Deep but not quite opaque.

Nose: boysenberry, hint of blueberry jam, chocolate mint

Flavor: first off - bright acidity backing everything. Cranberry orange with a vanilla cream oak backing. With food this calms to solid purple/red berries with a significant woody oak component. Good concentration but not stunning. After an hour the flavor is clearly cranberry.

Finish: best part of this wine. Long vanilla cream finish

Feel: light amount of medium tannin. Light to medium body.

Good review, and ironic that you should post a MM review. I was contemplating between a bottle of MM or the 2007 Château Paradis, and the later won. I think I ended up with 12 750ml bottles of MM, and one magnum. I'm looking forward to testing them out, it should be very interesting to see how the older ones aged, and which ones turn out to be the gems.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Check out this Groupon to a boutique hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Cesare & kttest stayed there once when they came to visit. We all checked out their room. It was gorgeous!Use my link & I get credit. We just bought an offer!

Check out Groupon: Link

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast