Cesare

quality posts: 1674 Private Messages Cesare

Pellegrini Family Vineyards Mixed Case
$129.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Mixed
PRODUCTS:
2 2009 Pellegrini Family Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
2 2009 Pellegrini Family Russian River Valley Chardonnay
2 Pellegrini Family Blend NV (Non Vintage)
2 2008 Pellegrini Russian River Valley Zinfandel
2 2007 Cloverdale Ranch Merlot, Alexander Valley
2 2007 Cloverdale Ranch Cabernet, Alexander Valley
CT links above

Winery website

Facebook
Twitter
Yelp

Previous offer:
11/23/10

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

lassow

quality posts: 133 Private Messages lassow

Just about all of these selections come from an appropriately reputable AVA for the varietal! What side of Alexander Valley do the Cab and Merlot come from? Either way, I'm pretty sure '07 was killer around Sonoma too. Does anyone know much about the 2009 Pinot and Chard? This seems fairly recent and I haven't heard any real positive or negative buzz about '09 yet.

I like to talk about wine, but I'd rather drink it.

lassow

Ahh, looks like Sonoma, nevermind part of that earlier post.

ongware

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ongware

AGHHHHH!!

Finally a wine selection I want, and they're not shipping to New Hampshire!! =(

andrewthornton1351

quality posts: 3 Private Messages andrewthornton1351

i like these big mixed cases, but discount % is good to know.

anyone know the list prices?

danjfitz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages danjfitz
lassow wrote:Just about all of these selections come from an appropriately reputable AVA for the varietal! What side of Alexander Valley do the Cab and Merlot come from? Either way, I'm pretty sure '07 was killer around Sonoma too. Does anyone know much about the 2009 Pinot and Chard? This seems fairly recent and I haven't heard any real positive or negative buzz about '09 yet.

You're right on about the 2007 wines, it was a really solid vintage. In regards to your question about the 2009 vintage, I am pleased to say it was just about perfect! Our pinot and chards were especially concentrated that year. The bordeaux vareties were much more fruit driven than usual.

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

Whoo hoo! In for two!

Waitaminit... One will do fine, thank you.

Kao1138

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Kao1138
andrewthornton1351 wrote:i like these big mixed cases, but discount % is good to know.

I have to second that. This is a very tempting offer but without any idea on what the discount is it's tough to pull the trigger on it.

mdnorman

Cesare wrote:Pellegrini Family Vineyards Mixed Case
$129.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Mixed
PRODUCTS:
2 2009 Pellegrini Family Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
2 2009 Pellegrini Family Russian River Valley Chardonnay
2 Pellegrini Family Blend NV (Non Vintage)
2 2008 Pellegrini Russian River Valley Zinfandel
2 2007 Cloverdale Ranch Merlot, Alexander Valley
2 2007 Cloverdale Ranch Cabernet, Alexander Valley
CT links above

Winery website

Pellegrini on Facebook
Pellegrini on Twitter
Pellegrini on Yelp

Previous offer:
11/23/10

How the heck do you get this information all formatted and out the door within one minute of the offer being posted?! Amazing! I'm impressed.

mdnorman

Kao1138 wrote:I have to second that. This is a very tempting offer but without any idea on what the discount is it's tough to pull the trigger on it.

Uh... Do you want some cheese to accompany your whine?

Kao1138

mdnorman wrote:How the heck do you get this information all formatted and out the door within one minute of the offer being posted?! Amazing! I'm impressed.

Magic... or possibly religion. Just to hedge my bets I'm going to go out and sacrifice a goat in Cesare's honor so that the data will keep flowing.

danjfitz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages danjfitz

Hey this is Dan signing out for the night. Big bottling day tomorrow... will sign back in post coffee in the am to answer any questions you have. Happy wooting!

Kao1138

mdnorman wrote:Uh... Do you want some cheese to accompany your whine?

Actually now that you mention cheese, it has been too long since Wine.Woot has done a cheese offering.

I'm happy to wait until I have all the information but even though most of the time it's a good discount more power to you if you want to spring on something that could be one of the rare low discount offerings that pop up.

andrewthornton1351

quality posts: 3 Private Messages andrewthornton1351
mdnorman wrote:Uh... Do you want some cheese to accompany your whine?

lulz, you trollin. i dont take anything at face value in this economy. i shall have my research and educated purchasing decisions!

mdnorman

Kao1138 wrote:Magic... or possibly religion. Just to hedge my bets I'm going to go out and sacrifice a goat in Cesare's honor so that the data will keep flowing.

I think Cesare must have some kind of internet time travel machine thingamagig. He travels ahead to see the Woot offer and then travels back, and... No. Wait... He travels back and then ... oh it's just too much for my simple brain.

Kao1138

It's a cliche question for each offering but what's the drinking window on each of these wines?

jimjacks66

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66
Kao1138 wrote:It's a cliche question for each offering but what's the drinking window on each of these wines?

I second this question especially for the Blend, the Chardonnay and the Zin.

Kao1138

jimjacks66 wrote:I second this question especially for the Blend, the Chardonnay and the Zin.

Assuming the exhaustion hasn't gotten to me and my math still holds up there's approximately an 8 month gap between the first and the last being bottled so I wonder how that would work in terms of overlap in the drinkability. Being able to have one bottle after another come into the window to drink would definitely be a good way to experience the whole case if it works out that way.

mdnorman

jimjacks66 wrote:I second this question especially for the Blend, the Chardonnay and the Zin.

C'mon guys... It's just TWO bottles of six different wines! Drink up! (It's not as if you're buying a couple of cases of a single varietal to put away.)

Kao1138

mdnorman wrote:C'mon guys... It's just TWO bottles of six different wines! Drink up! (It's not as if you're buying a couple of cases of a single varietal to put away.)

Someone had to ask about the drinking window, but if someone takes issue with your comment and knocks you out with a bottle of amontillado before walling you up in their wine cellar it was nice knowing you for that one post.

michaepf

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaepf

Whoa - I was excited to labrat but had no idea that the offer would be a full mixed case!

I'll be posting a review of the 2007 Cab tomorrow night - any thoughts on what to pair it with? I don't mind stopping by the grocery store tomorrow...

My Cellar, totally out of date. Useful, I know.

lassow

Well, I just setup an 'overflow' rack (from the Mandolina offering a couple years ago) and it is chanting something about filling it before it gets lonely... in for one!

viajerouniversal

quality posts: 21 Private Messages viajerouniversal

Does the case come with a rack?

If you drink no Pinot Noir, you Pinot Noir

Johnny1542

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Johnny1542

$18 pinot http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1062183
$14 chardonnay http://www.wallywine.com/p-72926-2009-pellegrini-chardonnay-russian-river-valley-estate-unoaked-750ml.aspx
$10 blend http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1046233
$17 Zin http://www.pronto.com/pellegrini-zinfandel-aw8vx
$20 Merlot http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1061344
$16 Cab http://www.pearsonswine.com/w4960224zi

Total = $95 x 2 = $190

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
andrewthornton1351 wrote:i like these big mixed cases, but discount % is good to know.

You can find the winery prices for some of these though Cesare's link. The Cab and Merlot are each $24. For comparison, 2008 Chard is $20; 2007 Zin is $26. Also, they have 15% - 20% discounts on mixed offerings for Wine Club members.

Also, you can click Cesare's CT links for each wine and then click "$$ FIND THIS WINE on WINE-SEARCHER.COM $$" for wine shop prices. They run from $9.95 (blend) to $19.99 (Cab), although 1) the Chard isn't listed and 2) nobody but nobody but Woot ships a case of wine for $5. I don't think you'll find anything close to this deal anywhere else.

edit: Johnny1542 posted some prices while I was typing - add in shipping and you can see Woot has a heckuva deal.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

I will not confuse this with Pedroncelli.
I will not confuse this with Pedroncelli...

NightGhost

richardhod wrote:I will not confuse this with Pedroncelli.

You sound confused.

Wanna talk about it?

lopsae

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lopsae

Oh God. I am holding myself only because this would overflow the wine rack...

JoyceMassalone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoyceMassalone

OK since Lassow is in for one I am too

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

Hi Dan! Welcome back!

I was wondering if you could tell us about the oak treatment, specifically on the Chard, but feel free to highlight the other varietals as well. THANKS!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

rpm

quality posts: 177 Private Messages rpm

The Pellegrinis have been around Sonoma County for a long time - since repeal at least. I knew of them primarily as bulk producers and later as wholesalers. I have not had much experience with the wines since they moved towards the more noble varietals and high quality wines.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

NightGhost

jhkey wrote:Hi Dan! Welcome back!

I was wondering if you could tell us about the oak treatment, specifically on the Chard, but feel free to highlight the other varietals as well. THANKS!

In the Vintner Voicemail, Dan says the Chard is unoaked (fermented in stainless steel tanks).

k1avg

quality posts: 82 Private Messages k1avg

I had a bottle of the 2006 Cloverdale Ranch Merlot a while ago and it was simply superb (CT tells me it was back in June of last year, yet I still remember it vividly, if that's any indication). It was quite fruity, but very clean about it, and it had tons of character on the back end. A bit young for its age, though - I wonder if the "better" 2007 vintage is really ready to drink yet. Still, I loved it. Given the quality of that experience, I'm quite tempted by this offer.

--
Lawyer (of sorts) by day. Drinker of fine wines, homebrewer of fine beers, connoisseur of fine Scotches by night.
The current holdings.

curtcenci12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages curtcenci12

I've never had any Pellegrini, but I have had 2007 pinot's and merlot's from the RRV and loved them all. After purchasing 81 bottles for my upcoming wedding, I unfortunately cannot buy this for my own stash. Very tempting though.

DrCourt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DrCourt

Can't think of a good enough reason not to go in for one. So...in for one.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
NightGhost wrote:In the Vintner Voicemail, Dan says the Chard is unoaked (fermented in stainless steel tanks).

Thanks NG, I have no audio on the blackberry.
Unoaked Chard is a huge plus for me. I'm not a big white wine drinker, but the whites I do enjoy are crisp and acidic, NOT the buttery goo (official oenological term) you get from a big oaky chardonnay.

I'd still be interested in the oak type, time, etc. on the reds as well when Dan gets back on.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

fcherena

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fcherena
richardhod wrote:I will not confuse this with Pedroncelli.

Or how about with Pellegrini Vineyards on the Northfork...but I guess I should know that Long Island does NOT have a Russian River Valley.

Scrumpers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scrumpers

Wow these are all big wines! Higher alcohol content than average imo.

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

KLEZMAN - If you are out there lurking, PM me if you need the SH Golden Ticket for your SO. My son and I can't use it. Just bought two new vehicles late Dec & early Jan so I'm on a real serious SIWBM & travel restriction. I guess I'll be having the "BIG BUTTON" withdrawls shortly especially with offers like this on board! Hopefully, this will give me time to shrink my wine wall.