tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Just throwing it out there. Not the ideal scheduling so soon after the filled weekend before but both the barrel tasting and open house are scheduled for the 26th if people are interested.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

I'm supposed to be camping with the gf. If that falls through I'd go up to VA again...that was fun last year.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So sad I'm going to miss this. Had so much fun with tenuki and mewalk last year at the barrel tasting. Kinda ended up being an expensive weekend with the wines bought.

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:So sad I'm going to miss this. Had so much fun with tenuki and mewalk last year at the barrel tasting. Kinda ended up being an expensive weekend with the wines bought.

Wish you could be there too. Hope you're having fun in Florida, boss and some of his family went to Orange Bowl and hung out in south beach over the weekend. They said it's crazy expensive, but like vegas, with a beach. Now I want to go

CT

ladyofwine

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ladyofwine

Zahtila Vineyards is about a 1/2 mile from there so if you'd like to give us a Woot Visit, let me know and we'll be happy to hostess something!

tenuki

ladyofwine wrote:Zahtila Vineyards is about a 1/2 mile from there so if you'd like to give us a Woot Visit, let me know and we'll be happy to hostess something!

Thanks for the kind offer! Another wooter, mewalk, and I visited in mid-December with the winter passports. Had a great time in your tasting room with Mike I believe, he was singing along to the Barney Christmas carols and talking in a Barney voice, from the pink ipod he swears isn't his, but if you're already singing to Barney, you can admit you like pink ;)

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:Just throwing it out there. Not the ideal scheduling so soon after the filled weekend before but both the barrel tasting and open house are scheduled for the 26th if people are interested.

Exactly .... would love to go, but being there the weekend before ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

justinrsanderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson

Anyone from NorCal area, or familar with the area have any ideas for a wine country wedding/reception for ~ 50-80 people in the fall?

My brother (a lurker on these forums, but long time wine.woot buyer), is looking at getting married in that area around September. Right now they are leaning towards Inn at Occidental, but would like to save some money, if possible. Anyone have any thoughts? We're all going to need somewhere to stay while there.

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

MarkDaSpark

justinrsanderson wrote:Anyone from NorCal area, or familar with the area have any ideas for a wine country wedding/reception for ~ 50-80 people in the fall?

My brother (a lurker on these forums, but long time wine.woot buyer), is looking at getting married in that area around September. Right now they are leaning towards Inn at Occidental, but would like to save some money, if possible. Anyone have any thoughts? We're all going to need somewhere to stay while there.

Replied in the Pub as well.

MarkDaSpark wrote:A wooter from Texas started a thread on it a while back, have to see if I can find it. I want to say it was jenmonkey, but not sure (it was a wooter on the Pub before I really started posting who popped in to say hi).

Edit: Not Jenmonkey. Lilithloveswine?

Edit2: Well, found this one by saxwizerd45. I'm pretty sure there was another one as well.

Edit3: Found it! And oops on the other link. That was for honeymooning in Napa/Sonoma.

This is the one I remembered by Lilithe1, titled just Winery Wedding?

This one was in there:

smlauren wrote:Congrats Lilithe!!
V. Sattui was a favorite winery of mine on my honeymoon and they do weddings.

And WineFarm also has a Wedding Planner friend up there.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

justinrsanderson wrote:Anyone from NorCal area, or familar with the area have any ideas for a wine country wedding/reception for ~ 50-80 people in the fall?

Also, be aware of your timing. Harvest is August to September (and sometimes into October, so the wineries could be very busy then. Also, IIRC, WineFarm warned that there could be heavy rains in November.

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:Wish you could be there too. Hope you're having fun in Florida, boss and some of his family went to Orange Bowl and hung out in south beach over the weekend. They said it's crazy expensive, but like vegas, with a beach. Now I want to go

You should come visit. South beach isn't an area we haven't really been to, but it can get expensive. And I'm sure during Orange Bowl weekend it's crazy expensive because they definitely jack up prices.

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:You should come visit. South beach isn't an area we haven't really been to, but it can get expensive. And I'm sure during Orange Bowl weekend it's crazy expensive because they definitely jack up prices.

Haha, would honestly consider it since I have a couple Southwest vouchers and they fly to Ft. Lauderdale. We'll see next time I feel like a vacation

Also just saw this from Rockwall winery

"We started in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area, with some amazing restaurants including a place called Market 17, which has a “Blackout Sensory Room.” You can order a 7, 14, or 28 course meal and then you eat and drink in complete darkness. The servers wear night vision goggles to serve the patrons, and then they walk around the rest of the restaurant with night vision goggles pushed up on their head’s as if they were sunglasses. A very, very cool place!"

sounds really weird but would be interesting to try.

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:Haha, would honestly consider it since I have a couple Southwest vouchers and they fly to Ft. Lauderdale. We'll see next time I feel like a vacation

Also just saw this from Rockwall winery

"We started in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area, with some amazing restaurants including a place called Market 17, which has a “Blackout Sensory Room.” You can order a 7, 14, or 28 course meal and then you eat and drink in complete darkness. The servers wear night vision goggles to serve the patrons, and then they walk around the rest of the restaurant with night vision goggles pushed up on their head’s as if they were sunglasses. A very, very cool place!"

sounds really weird but would be interesting to try.

that sounds like a good thing. will definitely have to give it a try one of these days.

tenuki

Mewalk and I decided Today we're doing eighth st. At least, not sure about Vincent arroyo if anyone cares to join.

CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

I'm kind d of tempted. What are the costs involved?

tenuki

richardhod wrote:I'm kind d of tempted. What are the costs involved?

$30 for Eighth St. Vincent Arroyo's free, but it's almost an hour from Sonoma, so thinking maybe I'll pass. Someone else was asking about it so here was my response for anyone else interested.

There's a bunch of wineries off 8th st. in Sonoma, including some previous woots like MacRostie and Ty Caton. Twice a year they hold an open house, it's $30 for 10 wineries all within walking distance (and most in the same warehouse complex), there's wine and some food (enough so you can skip lunch if I remember correctly), and you keep the glass. It runs from 11-4 and here's the website.

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:$30 for Eighth St. Vincent Arroyo's free, but it's almost an hour from Sonoma, so thinking maybe I'll pass. Someone else was asking about it so here was my response for anyone else interested.

There's a bunch of wineries off 8th st. in Sonoma, including some previous woots like MacRostie and Ty Caton. Twice a year they hold an open house, it's $30 for 10 wineries all within walking distance (and most in the same warehouse complex), there's wine and some food (enough so you can skip lunch if I remember correctly), and you keep the glass. It runs from 11-4 and here's the website.

Did this last year with tenuki and mewalk. It was great. Highly recommended.

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
CAGrl wrote:Did this last year with tenuki and mewalk. It was great. Highly recommended.

Did it two years ago and I concur. Going to be camping this weekend though.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
tenuki wrote:$30 for Eighth St. Vincent Arroyo's free, but it's almost an hour from Sonoma, so thinking maybe I'll pass. Someone else was asking about it so here was my response for anyone else interested.

cool! temptying.. hmmmm