zTimothyBz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Happy New Year!

And it's my annual 12th Night party - or what you will. (Technically on 15th Night or some such this year, but I don't want to be confused by mere facts.)

If we can get a quorum of wooters, I'd like to open a Canadian wine that's a blend of siegerrebe and ortega. (Got those, yet, Sparky?)

-- T

Twelfth Night Party!
Saturday, January 8th 2011
6pm until ???

Twelfth Night: "the evening of the fifth of January, preceding Twelfth Day, the eve of the Epiphany, formerly the last day of the Christmas festivities and observed as a time of merrymaking". (OED)

It's like New Year's but without the pressure that you *must* have a good time. So if you can handle some merrymaking, come on over...

As usual, the crowd will likely be a mix of actors, musicians, dancers, massage therapists and engineers... "Party pieces" encouraged. Feel free to bring a musical instrument (piano and harp already here) and a fascinating friend.

There should be plenty of food and drink - and I have way too much wine - so bringing stuff is optional - but still I'm very happy to accept offerings of food, flowers or poetry.

I'll have a web page at http://timothybyrd.net/party

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

danncer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages danncer
zTimothyBz wrote:Happy New Year!

And it's my annual 12th Night party - or what you will. (Technically on 15th Night or some such this year, but I don't want to be confused by mere facts.)

If we can get a quorum of wooters, I'd like to open a Canadian wine that's a blend of siegerrebe and ortega. (Got those, yet, Sparky?)

-- T

Twelfth Night Party!
Saturday, January 8th 2011
6pm until ???

Twelfth Night: "the evening of the fifth of January, preceding Twelfth Day, the eve of the Epiphany, formerly the last day of the Christmas festivities and observed as a time of merrymaking". (OED)
I'll have a web page at http://timothybyrd.net/party



Hey there, Tim! I am officially delurking to accept your invitation. I was born on the Twelfth Day so I'll just pretend that your party is a belated birthday party for me. ;->

Looking forward to reconnecting with you and any other SoCal Wooters who attend.

Danncer

woot! purchases since 10/2006: a whole lotta wine, a few t-shirts, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff, and not one single Box Of Crackers.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
danncer wrote:Hey there, Tim! I am officially delurking to accept your invitation. I was born on the Twelfth Day so I'll just pretend that your party is a belated birthday party for me. ;->

Looking forward to reconnecting with you and any other SoCal Wooters who attend.

Danncer




Hey!!! Long time no see! Glad to see you are okay.

Was planning on attending, but now it's a must!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
zTimothyBz wrote:Happy New Year!

And it's my annual 12th Night party - or what you will. (Technically on 15th Night or some such this year, but I don't want to be confused by mere facts.)

If we can get a quorum of wooters, I'd like to open a Canadian wine that's a blend of siegerrebe and ortega. (Got those, yet, Sparky?)

-- T

Twelfth Night Party!
Saturday, January 8th 2011
6pm until ???

Twelfth Night: "the evening of the fifth of January, preceding Twelfth Day, the eve of the Epiphany, formerly the last day of the Christmas festivities and observed as a time of merrymaking". (OED)

It's like New Year's but without the pressure that you *must* have a good time. So if you can handle some merrymaking, come on over...

As usual, the crowd will likely be a mix of actors, musicians, dancers, massage therapists and engineers... "Party pieces" encouraged. Feel free to bring a musical instrument (piano and harp already here) and a fascinating friend.

There should be plenty of food and drink - and I have way too much wine - so bringing stuff is optional - but still I'm very happy to accept offerings of food, flowers or poetry.

I'll have a web page at http://timothybyrd.net/party



Unless I get hijacked, I'm planing on coming, armed with some random wooty wine for the hell of it!

ekeavney


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ekeavney


We will be there!

zTimothyBz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Do all y'all want to have a wine-tasting proper before the party, or simply dive into the fray?

-- T
(Once more into the bottle dear friends, once more.)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

Nostrom0


quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0

Sorry I can't make it Tim. I'll be at CES.

Stash at CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
zTimothyBz wrote:Do all y'all want to have a wine-tasting proper before the party, or simply dive into the fray?

-- T
(Once more into the bottle dear friends, once more.)




Have to see .... may have to be fashionably late since we may celebrate my niece's bday for dinner. Trying to move it to Sunday.


And those two will be new for me! Woot!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
MarkDaSpark wrote:Have to see .... may have to be fashionably late since we may celebrate my niece's bday for dinner. Trying to move it to Sunday.


And those two will be new for me! Woot!



OK I have a dinner at 7 or 7,30 I must make, but I can come for tasting before that, and then after the dinner return

323 244 9830

zTimothyBz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Sounds like wine tasting will be later rather than earlier. (Since Sparky has to play both himself and Java on TV.) Unless we can all gather earlier.

I think I'm going to make some plum ice cream.

Also, INTLGerard is sending a package - it should arrive tomorrow.

--- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
zTimothyBz wrote:Sounds like wine tasting will be later rather than earlier. (Since Sparky has to play both himself and Java on TV.) Unless we can all gather earlier.

I think I'm going to make some plum ice cream.

Also, INTLGerard is sending a package - it should arrive tomorrow.

--- T




Niece's bday is Sunday, so I can come on time, so we can taste early as well as after.


It's not going to be the same without Java being there.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

I've been wanting to join one of your soirees for some time, but alas, I've had a ride planned since November for the weekend. The next one maybe!

Plum ice cream is one of my favs. Don't forget the cardamom!

Have fun!

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

We have to attend a long planned get together that day/afternoon/evening, but will definitely try to find a way to make it over there. I clicked on your CT list and it is insane! What could we possibly bring that you don't already have multiples of to enjoy!

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
time2testit wrote:We have to attend a long planned get together that day/afternoon/evening, but will definitely try to find a way to make it over there. I clicked on your CT list and it is insane! What could we possibly bring that you don't already have multiples of to enjoy!



Then you better not look at my cellar either! And consider I haven't been updating it with new purchases for about 11 months (or more). And very few wines drank.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

zTimothyBz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
time2testit wrote:We have to attend a long planned get together that day/afternoon/evening, but will definitely try to find a way to make it over there.

I hope you can.

I clicked on your CT list and it is insane!

Sparky is a bad role model,a very bad role model...

What could we possibly bring that you don't already have multiples of to enjoy!

Yourselves, of course!

No worries - this is a party, not a tasting that you have to buy your way into.

By the way, Richard, this seems an opportune time to mention that unless it's something you particularly wish to share (or to awe the rest of us with) don't feel compelled, either.

--- T
(happy after making roast beef and yorkshire pudding for dinner - the gravy qualified as awesome sauce)

(the woot package arrived - it stuff I'm going to use at the tea in the afternoon - but I'm going to use the woot chili oil for roasted potatoes in the evening)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
MarkDaSpark wrote:Then you better not look at my cellar either! And consider I haven't been updating it with new purchases for about 11 months (or more). And very few wines drank.



Maybe that's why you don't have a link in your signature to your CT? I can't remember who it was, but you were definitely mentioned when we were up in Sonoma/Napa last week...either by the Wine Woot guys or maybe Scott & Jana Harvey? Either way, we're also waiting for the party using your cellar...

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
zTimothyBz wrote:
Sparky is a bad role model,a very bad role model...



Says the man who became legend for loading down poor Java's SUV on the way back from the first RPM Tour ....


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
time2testit wrote:Maybe that's why you don't have a link in your signature to your CT? I can't remember who it was, but you were definitely mentioned when we were up in Sonoma/Napa last week...either by the Wine Woot guys or maybe Scott & Jana Harvey? Either way, we're also waiting for the party using your cellar...



Probably both .... and as soon as the EPA clears the site, Party!!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

I've got two of the Vinturi towers, should I bring them both?

I think I'll also bring the Soireé to try that alongside the Vinturi.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
MarkDaSpark wrote:I've got two of the Vinturi towers, should I bring them both?

I think I'll also bring the Soireé to try that alongside the Vinturi.



We did a blind test comparing the Soiree' to the Vinturi to no aerator, and the Vinturi won. It will be interesting to see what you come up with too. We should be there some time after 7:30 or 8.

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Such the fun party last night Tim. Thanks again for inviting us (or at least generally inviting us)! Great to meet you, ekeavney (and hubby) and finally meet Mark. Such the eclectic group you had, which made it even more of an event. We really enjoyed!

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
time2testit wrote:Such the fun party last night Tim. Thanks again for inviting us (or at least generally inviting us)! Great to meet you, ekeavney (and hubby) and finally meet Mark. Such the eclectic group you had, which made it even more of an event. We really enjoyed!



Glad you had fun! My dinner lasted a fair time, so no chance to come before it wound down, sadly! I'll catch up with you this week re those wines on the westside.

ekeavney


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ekeavney
time2testit wrote:Such the fun party last night Tim. Thanks again for inviting us (or at least generally inviting us)! Great to meet you, ekeavney (and hubby) and finally meet Mark. Such the eclectic group you had, which made it even more of an event. We really enjoyed!



A quick ditto. So many interesting people with different backgrounds, talents, and interests.