darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

Anyone else care to join us? I need to know by Wednesday afternoon, so I can make a reservation.
Attending:
justinsanderson
j.s.' fiancee
Darlene
Steve
pb
pb's wife
chomes
chomes +1
mother

Regrets
dsapp
dsapp's lovely lady

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Thanks. Hopefully one more person joins us to make it worth starting a new thread.

Since we are bringing in wine, any suggestions?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

May I suggest bubbles? Bubbles go amazingly well with sushi. Demi-sec with the spicy stuff and Brut with the not spicy stuff. Mmmm... bubbles and uni.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

polarbear22

kylemittskus wrote:May I suggest bubbles? Bubbles go amazingly well with sushi. Demi-sec with the spicy stuff and Brut with the not spicy stuff. Mmmm... bubbles and uni.

Definitely an option, but we did sparklers there in November. So I am thinking of switching it up.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

darlenee1

Justin is bringing a blanc de blanc and a Riesling. Maybe an interesting red? I have no idea what I'm bringing (a pitcher of hongkee punch?).

justinrsanderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson

A demi sec, or late disgorged would be nice, anyone coming that has one?

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Finally! An honest-to-goodness thread for this get-together!

Can someone transport some rainbow rolls, tekka maki, unagi nigiri and tamago nigiri down here for me? And maybe a pizza or two? I have champagne standing by...

polarbear22

cjsiege wrote:Finally! An honest-to-goodness thread for this get-together!

Can someone transport some rainbow rolls, tekka maki, unagi nigiri and tamago nigiri down here for me? And maybe a pizza or two? I have champagne standing by...

Miya's does this fusion sushi. Not sure if what you request is on their menu.

Darlene - add a plus one for us. My daughter would like to join us.

My Cellar

cjsiege

polarbear22 wrote:Miya's does this fusion sushi. Not sure if what you request is on their menu.

What's it fused with?

Just checked the menu. I actually am surprised there is no unagi within the menu. Freshwater eel is quite tasty, and I think it's sustainable. *shrug*

darlenee1

polarbear22 wrote:Miya's does this fusion sushi. Not sure if what you request is on their menu.

Darlene - add a plus one for us. My daughter would like to join us.

Will do!

cjsiege

Are you going to call this one as "official"? If so, it will be #7. (Just checking.)

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cjsiege wrote:What's it fused with?

With WIN!

Just checked the menu. I actually am surprised there is no unagi within the menu. Freshwater eel is quite tasty, and I think it's sustainable. *shrug*

Freshwater Eel is on the naughty list unfortunately... About the only thing I'm not cool with is that Bun like to use Tilapia in sashimi. That's just a no-no to me.
[And all the regulars already know that :P]

cjsiege

mother wrote:Freshwater Eel is on the naughty list unfortunately... About the only thing I'm not cool with is that Bun like to use Tilapia in sashimi. That's just a no-no to me.
[And all the regulars already know that :P]

justinrsanderson

Everything I've had at Miya's has been great. I don't even bother to ask what it is, just eat. Really looking forward to this, I'm glad we're able to get such a nice turnout.

Merry Christmas.

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

polarbear22

justinrsanderson wrote:Everything I've had at Miya's has been great. I don't even bother to ask what it is, just eat. Really looking forward to this, I'm glad we're able to get such a nice turnout.

Merry Christmas.

And thank you. Since you were the one that got this started.

And, of course, many thanks to Darlene for pulling it together.

My Cellar

darlenee1

polarbear22 wrote:And thank you. Since you were the one that got this started.

And, of course, many thanks to Darlene for pulling it together.

Glad to do it! I was looking forward to hanging out with Justin and Katie, and am so happy more are joining us! PB, woot servers are sucking and not letting me edit my first post, but I know your daughter is on the list

darlenee1

cjsiege wrote:Are you going to call this one as "official"? If so, it will be #7. (Just checking.)

Sure, why not

cjsiege

Just confirming... Is this event happening on December 30 or January 30? I thought is was December, but the thread title says January.

darlenee1

cjsiege wrote:Just confirming... Is this event happening on December 30 or January 30? I thought is was December, but the thread title says January.

Thanks for the catch! It's December.

darlenee1

And I still can't freaking edit the first post!

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare
darlenee1 wrote:And I still can't freaking edit the first post!

It's because the title comes up as Miya ampersand pound 39;s Sushi... (I can't even write the real characters because it won't post)
When you edit take out the bogus characters or just remove the whole title and it will work.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cesare wrote:It's because the title comes up as Miya ampersand pound 39;s Sushi... (I can't even write the real characters because it won't post)
When you edit take out the bogus characters or just remove the whole title and it will work.

What he said and I changed it to December for you.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

darlenee1

Cesare wrote:It's because the title comes up as Miya ampersand pound 39;s Sushi... (I can't even write the real characters because it won't post)

Thanks for the tip!

darlenee1

Reservations are all set for eight at 6:00, under my name Looking forward to seeing everyone, woot may even be sending us a little something

mother

darlenee1 wrote:Reservations are all set for eight at 6:00, under my name Looking forward to seeing everyone, woot may even be sending us a little something

Ok, I'll watch for FedEx as well :P

darlenee1

mother wrote:Ok, I'll watch for FedEx as well :P

Can't hurt

justinrsanderson

darlenee1 wrote:Reservations are all set for eight at 6:00, under my name Looking forward to seeing everyone, woot may even be sending us a little something

Crosses fingers for Late Disgorged Iron Horse

polarbear22

Justin - what style Reisling are you bringing? I have a nice set of Reislings from Anthony Road -- dry, semi-dry and semi-sweet, and I would like to bring one that will contrast with what you are bringing.

I will also have some of my ice wine for post dinner.

My Cellar

justinrsanderson

polarbear22 wrote:Justin - what style Reisling are you bringing? I have a nice set of Reislings from Anthony Road -- dry, semi-dry and semi-sweet, and I would like to bring one that will contrast with what you are bringing.

I will also have some of my ice wine for post dinner.

Jana 2008 Napa Old Vine (From Scott Harvey's Riesling pack on here some time ago)....I haven't had it yet, but I am almost certain it is dry, looking for info on it now.

EDIT: Consensus seems to put it some where between dry and off dry.

darlenee1

justinrsanderson wrote:Crosses fingers for Late Disgorged Iron Horse

That would be awesome!

justinrsanderson

In transit to bradley airport, currently in baltimore waiting for my connection. No free wifi, and I don't know how to tether android (for free). Looking forward to tonight, not feeling 100%, but that's not stopping me.

polarbear22

justinrsanderson wrote:In transit to bradley airport, currently in baltimore waiting for my connection. No free wifi, and I don't know how to tether android (for free). Looking forward to tonight, not feeling 100%, but that's not stopping me.

Hope it goes smooth.

Darlene - can we add one more? My daughter's friend is here with us and would like to join us. BTW - my daughter's woot name is "chomes".

My Cellar

darlenee1

polarbear22 wrote:Hope it goes smooth.

Darlene - can we add one more? My daughter's friend is here with us and would like to join us. BTW - my daughter's woot name is "chomes".

I'll call in a bit and add another to the reservation. No problem!

polarbear22

darlenee1 wrote:I'll call in a bit and add another to the reservation. No problem!

Thanks. See you in about 8 hours.

My Cellar

polarbear22

OK, I am bringing the following:
Anthony Road Dry Reiling from the Finger Lakes.
2008 Erath Pinot Gris
Mumm Blanc de Noirs (that apparently is not in CT.)
and ice-style Reisling from Chateau Polar Bear.

See you all tonight.

My Cellar

darlenee1

polarbear22 wrote:OK, I am bringing the following:
Anthony Road Dry Reiling from the Finger Lakes.
2008 Erath Pinot Gris
Mumm Blanc de Noirs (that apparently is not in CT.)
and ice-style Reisling from Chateau Polar Bear.

See you all tonight.

My goodness, we are going to have a lot of wine! I'll bring glasses again. Still waiting on fedex here, they usually come at 8 am, but not today. They are supposed to be here be 3.

polarbear22

darlenee1 wrote:My goodness, we are going to have a lot of wine! I'll bring glasses again. Still waiting on fedex here, they usually come at 8 am, but not today. They are supposed to be here be 3.

Well, we don't need to open everything. I figured that one bottle of sparkly would barely cover 9, so now we can compare a blanc de blancs and a blanc de noirs.

The ice wine is resealable too.

My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
justinrsanderson wrote:In transit to bradley airport, currently in baltimore waiting for my connection. No free wifi, and I don't know how to tether android (for free). Looking forward to tonight, not feeling 100%, but that's not stopping me.

App called 'PDANet'. It's wonderful. Requires a client download on the PC, though, but you should be able to get it via the phone, USB hookup to the PC and push it over there.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother

Wow, ok. I think I'm not going to bring any drinkage then and I'll either buy a pitcher or three of Hongkee Punch, or just chip in extra money towards food...

And ACK I better get moseying!

darlenee1

mother wrote:Wow, ok. I think I'm not going to bring any drinkage then and I'll either buy a pitcher or three of Hongkee Punch, or just chip in extra money towards food...

And ACK I better get moseying!

I'm bringing a Paeonia (sp?). Woot sent a lot of goodies, so i think we'll have a door prize raffle. And I'm good with enjoying some of your hongkee punch!