coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Whose turn is it? Let's get planning - it's been almost two months since the last get-together!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I agree! Let's get one goin'!

I'll look at dates as well and run it by my wife to test the waters. hehe

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

Oh, what the heck - I'll host it.

How does Saturday, January 15 sound?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

We're tentatively in, barring childcare, but on a Saturday night that's not usually a problem.

samiratou

Oh, did y'all hear the Vikings game tomorrow got moved to Monday at 7 because the wind made it unsafe for workers to remove snow from the Dome?

coynedj

samiratou wrote:Oh, did y'all hear the Vikings game tomorrow got moved to Monday at 7 because the wind made it unsafe for workers to remove snow from the Dome?

It's even worse. The dome collapsed. They're moving the game to Detroit.

samiratou

coynedj wrote:It's even worse. The dome collapsed. They're moving the game to Detroit.

Yeah, followed that story all morning. That really sucks. At least we'll get a refund.

Have you seen the video? If not, its worth seeing.

hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000
coynedj wrote:Oh, what the heck - I'll host it.

How does Saturday, January 15 sound?

We are in as long as we can find childcare.

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

JanaDahlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanaDahlen

I am out - I have plans for that Saturday already (and most weekends in January). Hopefully there will be on in Feb/Mar that I can attend!

w.w: 19 s.w: 12 w: 4 k.w:2

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

I should be able to make the 15th. Any theme?

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

samiratou

Childcare secured, but I've noticed I've got a daytime event to go to, so I'm not sure what time we'll be there.

otolith

Not sure I'll be able to make this day.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Jan 15 may actually work for me! I have a snowmobile trip planned for the following weekend.

coynedj

I know there are a number of other Twin Cities folks out there in the woot universe - if only we could get them to join us!

That's a hint, if any of you see this message. Come on over - we don't bite!

JanaDahlen

pengu1n wrote:Jan 15 may actually work for me! I have a snowmobile trip planned for the following weekend.

Of course it works for you & not me! If you are going to be there, can I send the 2 bottles with my sister, and will you bring me the Frivilo?

pengu1n

JanaDahlen wrote:Of course it works for you & not me! If you are going to be there, can I send the 2 bottles with my sister, and will you bring me the Frivilo?

That works for me, but I am not responsible for what your sister will do with the Frivilo once it is in her possession. And if Coynedj is hosting, that's even better since it is closer to Rochester than most everyone else...from what I remember.

JanaDahlen

I may have to have a little chat with the hubby to see if I can go from baby shower to wine party that night...

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

So what city is this gathering in? I have a friend who lives in MN who might be interested.

otolith

I'm unfortunately out for this one.
I believe I owe some of you for wine, so I hope you don't mind waiting until some other get together. Send a message to cynthylee, she's local who would be interested.

--John Muir

hdavis4000

We won't be able to make it The hubby has his work holiday party the night of the 15th. If for some reason it is over early we will try and stop by! Have fun!

coynedj

tiger7610 wrote:So what city is this gathering in? I have a friend who lives in MN who might be interested.

Lovely, cosmopolitan Woodbury - easily reachable from any place in the Twin Cities area that's actually lovely or cosmopolitan.

coynedj

Jana - after a baby shower, you'll need the wine.

Heather - dang it - you guys need to be here.

Oto - same for you.

It's looking like a small party....

coynedj

Time to break the news. This will probably be the last time I host the gang, though I hope to make it for others' hostings. I'm going to be moving to South Dakota.

Some know that my company was bought a while back, and the new owners took the plants but fired the entire HQ staff, including me. So, I was out of work on the last day of October.

I found a new job, which was a blessing in the current job market, and they're really excited about having me there and it's a good group of people, but there's one big drawback - the job's in Marion, SD. That's about 35 miles west of Sioux Falls, and I've been checking and Woot NEVER delivers to South friggin Dakota.

I've been driving back and forth each week, but the house will soon be on the market.

The good part is, I'm still going to be spending time in the Twin Cities, and just might plan some of my trips to coincidentally coincide with Woot gatherings. And, I'm even closer to Omaha than I am to the Twin Cities, so maybe I'll start dropping in on Bhodilee and the Omaha gang!

So, if anyone wants any raw milk or buffalo meat, let me know - they have that kind of stuff out here.

pengu1n

I hate to say it, but I also may bail. My parents are coming down for a few hours on Saturday to hang out with the grandkids so Amy and I may sneak out to a local restaurant for a dinner date. We haven't been out just the two of us in a while so I need to take the opportunity when it presents itself. If they were staying overnight, I would just bring her up to the wine party, but alas, they are not.

Maybe #16? I should just host it, do an afternoon luncheon down in Rochester (Oronoco to be exact), kids welcome and can crash in front of the 106" screen and watch movies and eat popcorn while the adults chat and drink upstairs.

coynedj

So - who's coming?

samiratou

coynedj wrote:So - who's coming?

We should be there, not sure what time, as we're doing dinner with my sister & her family at 5 or so at Khan's.

samiratou

samiratou wrote:We should be there, not sure what time, as we're doing dinner with my sister & her family at 5 or so at Khan's.

Or maybe my sister didn't make it out from Madison (just got an IM from her).

What time?

coynedj

samiratou wrote:Or maybe my sister didn't make it out from Madison (just got an IM from her).

What time?

7 sounds good. Looks like a mighty small group.

samiratou

Well, Aaron said earlier he was coming, so hopefully he and Becca can make it.

samiratou

We'll head out after the game is over, hit Beirut for hummus & garlic sauce and be on our way.

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

GOT MY TURLEY ORDER SHEET IN TODAY!!! Anyone interested? I have 12 bottles to choose from. Let me know.

Chris :-)
p.s we have till Feb. 20th to get the order in.

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

hdavis4000

coynedj wrote:Time to break the news. This will probably be the last time I host the gang, though I hope to make it for others' hostings. I'm going to be moving to South Dakota.

Some know that my company was bought a while back, and the new owners took the plants but fired the entire HQ staff, including me. So, I was out of work on the last day of October.

I found a new job, which was a blessing in the current job market, and they're really excited about having me there and it's a good group of people, but there's one big drawback - the job's in Marion, SD. That's about 35 miles west of Sioux Falls, and I've been checking and Woot NEVER delivers to South friggin Dakota.

I've been driving back and forth each week, but the house will soon be on the market.

The good part is, I'm still going to be spending time in the Twin Cities, and just might plan some of my trips to coincidentally coincide with Woot gatherings. And, I'm even closer to Omaha than I am to the Twin Cities, so maybe I'll start dropping in on Bhodilee and the Omaha gang!

So, if anyone wants any raw milk or buffalo meat, let me know - they have that kind of stuff out here.

Wow! Congratulations on the new job....but super sad to see you leave our area I sure wish we could have made it on the 15th. Keep in touch and hope to see you back at a get together when you are in town.